HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread (Week 1!)

Old
04-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, he's just a brutal player to me. I don't see the upside in him at all. He was consistently torched at Texas.
Who's your pick for the Giants at #19 ?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

A MLB is always needed but Giants won't draft Te'o

I like Fluker. NYG should also invite Lemon to camp, though he may go to Buffalo to stay with Nassib and Marone.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:45 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I'd probably be happiest with Fluker. Trufant would be okay. But, I expect JR to take the most athletic player on the board.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
NYR Viper

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were mentioning a super athletic DE who is a bit raw. Anyone know who that was? Sounded like a Giants pick.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I was listening to the radio this morning and they were mentioning a super athletic DE who is a bit raw. Anyone know who that was? Sounded like a Giants pick.
I think you're talking about the kid from BYU who most drafts have going in the bottom 5 of the top 10.

04-25-2013, 12:43 PM
le_sean

Last two mocks on NFL.com have the Giants selecting Pugh. I would not be happy with that. Average player with average upside. Doesn't really sound like a Reese pick anyways.

The Jets are in such dismay that any pick will help. Hopefully they do the intelligent thing and get more draft picks.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:50 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Who's your pick for the Giants at #19 ?
I don't care as long as it's not Vaccaro or Okafor. Oh, also not that ****** Syracuse T/G Pugh that Mayock mocked to us. Anyone but those three.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:50 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
The chances of the Giants drafting a linebacker in the first round even if we had zero linebackers in the roster are just zilch. It is not in their philosophy. They value DE, CB, OL, WR a lot more than anything else on the field. Not to mention QB. Expect a pass rusher or guard in the first round. I doubt Warmack falls to us with the Cowboys just ahead of us needing a guard. I also guarantee the chances of Teo getting drafted by the Giants in the first round are -100000000000000000 considering he is not their type of athlete and does not seem to have the mind for a place like NY. The Giants do not draft players they think are not mentally strong or physically ridiculously athletic under Reese in the first, 2nd and third rounds. If Te'o somehow falls to the 4th or so then I would take him but he is a gamble. I also do not think the Giants draft Ogletree in the first when there are better players on the board then him where we will pick. The Guard from UNC is also a monster player. I would love if Sheldon Richardson falls, but I doubt he will.

As for the Jets... Oh boy... see it won't matter as long as they have the dumb owner they have who has Rex Ryan sitting there like a lameduck coach. That can't be good for any of the young players who will come in knowing Rex is gone the following year. Plus he can coach defense but he's a terrible head coach. The Jets need BPA in every round and trade back as much as possible.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:54 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'd probably be happiest with Fluker. Trufant would be okay. But, I expect JR to take the most athletic player on the board.
There is a whole mix of players I'd like. Ogletree, Warmack, Cooper, Ansah (some having him dropping to us), Richardson, Werner, Carridine, Trufant, Arthur Brown etc.

****, Walter Football has Dee Milliner falling to us. I'd dance all the way to the bank with that.

I don't really want Fluker (I'd rather go with an elite guard like Cooper or Warmack), but I wouldn't really be mad with him. T'eo is the same way to me.

Just please avoid Vaccaro, Pugh and Okafor in the first round. That's all I ask.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:14 PM
le_sean

Quote:
There is a whole mix of players I'd like. Ogletree, Warmack, Cooper, Ansah (some having him dropping to us), Richardson, Werner, Carridine, Trufant, Arthur Brown etc.

****, Walter Football has Dee Milliner falling to us. I'd dance all the way to the bank with that.

I don't really want Fluker (I'd rather go with an elite guard like Cooper or Warmack), but I wouldn't really be mad with him. T'eo is the same way to me.

Just please avoid Vaccaro, Pugh and Okafor in the first round. That's all I ask.
I agree, though I don't know much about Vaccaro.

Elite Guard, sure. But don't reach for an average one in Pugh "just because". You can get the same value in a later round.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:15 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I agree, though I don't know much about Vaccaro.

Elite Guard, sure. But don't reach for an average one in Pugh "just because". You can get the same value in a later round.
Vaccaro just screams average player to me. I don't see the reason to pick a safety in the frist round for us, anyway.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Vaccaro just screams average player to me. I don't see the reason to pick a safety in the frist round for us, anyway.
True, but Ross was an average player for a first round pick, and helped us win two Super Bowls. A lot of it has to do with picking based on whether they'll contribute at that position.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:29 PM
mti79

I don't know who I want the Saints to draft at 15. A lot of mocks have them taking Mingo or Jones but I don't know how I feel about that. Part of me doesn't want them just because the "experts" are predicting them. Wouldn't mind Star on the DL or Milliner/Howard if they fall. Although, it's the Saints so they may take a WR just because....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:56 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

As a Browns fan, I am very much rooting for a trade down.

I like Geno - think he's criminally underrated and his star is tarnished primarily because there were a couple of games where his O-line disintegrated and he got happy feet. That's a correctable issue - and one that shouldn't plague him behind the Browns' line in any event. But, I want them to get him after a trade down. Need value, need more picks.

Hoping the Miami/KC trade falls through and we get their 1st, 2nd and Bess for our 1st and maybe a midrounder going back and then they get Geno at #12.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also one thing i'll be paying attention to is if Miguel Mayonet is drafted. Me and suitemate consistently said this year the guy was really talented and could end up on an NFL team, i'd love to see someone from Stony Brook get drafted in the 6th or 7th.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Also one thing i'll be paying attention to is if Miguel Mayonet is drafted. Me and suitemate consistently said this year the guy was really talented and could end up on an NFL team, i'd love to see someone from Stony Brook get drafted in the 6th or 7th.
I saw him play live last year, he tore the place down. My cousin actually played against him in pee wee. Would definitely be cool to see him go pro.

04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

no way ansah or Miller fall to 19

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:26 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
no way ansah or Miller fall to 19
A number of predictions have it happening.

Am I saying it will? No. But now some people feel Werner is a 2nd day pick. This draft is wide open.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:27 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
True, but Ross was an average player for a first round pick, and helped us win two Super Bowls. A lot of it has to do with picking based on whether they'll contribute at that position.
Aaron Ross? He didn't really help us win anything. He was just there. You don't take a guy like that in the first round. Ross just never panned out. He was supposed to be quite a bit better than he ended up being.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:28 PM
M0rbid

Wouldn't mind if the giants draft a defensive end.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 07:21 PM
MidnightRanger

Ross was AWESOME as a rookie. I even remember he picksixed the Jets in a game that eliminated them from contention. And then he just disappeared. But he played well for both superbowl runs. Otherwise he was pretty mediocre.

Old
04-25-2013, 07:24 PM
MidnightRanger

I want linemen, I really think with a constantly hurt Baas and an aging Snee and a pretty much finished Diehl this line needs a huge shot in the arm. I wouldn't mind a massive guard or a DJ Fluker like monstrous right tackle. Back to back. But who knows. I don't think the Giants know who they are drafting at this moment.

P.S.

Saints should draft D-Line.

Browns a QB I am not sold on Wheedon, plus he is too old for a prospect at QB.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:06 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Couldn't they have gotten a Giant that actually roots for the Giants? Screw Simms.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:07 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
Ross was AWESOME as a rookie. I even remember he picksixed the Jets in a game that eliminated them from contention. And then he just disappeared. But he played well for both superbowl runs. Otherwise he was pretty mediocre.
Wasn't awesome as a rookie. I'd say he was solid. And then fell off.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:30 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

I like Fisher over Joeckel. Interesting. Better player, too, IMO.