HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabbing the Present?

View Poll Results: Choose
Lecavalier 36 40.91%
Briere 6 6.82%
Gomez 4 4.55%
Marleau 29 32.95%
None 13 14.77%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
  #26
habsfan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
The thing with Grabs is that in my case I only started noticing/hearing about him a few months ago. I havent had time enough to ***** his real skill level. He just poped out of nowhere and I think that makes him a special case.

This situation just has me hoping that it's our turn to have a quality late pick. Maybe he's our Datsyuk(something Timmins him self refered too). I think it would be a shame to trade him before we get the chance to see what he is.
yeah , i agree . sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make , i think we should wait on this guy , he looks like he might be a special player .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 03:06 PM
  #27
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,085
vCash: 500
Weird thread ... but go with Briere

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
  #28
CRAZY_FAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Québec
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
If Grabovsky can land me a premium talent like that I would do it for any of the mentionned players. But of course since we are dealing with sane GM (except maybe Milbury) a trade like this woud NEVER HAPPEN !

CRAZY_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 03:59 PM
  #29
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
Marleau based on his age and contract.
Ditto

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
  #30
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
The thing with Grabs is that in my case I only started noticing/hearing about him a few months ago. I havent had time enough to ***** his real skill level. He just poped out of nowhere and I think that makes him a special case.

This situation just has me hoping that it's our turn to have a quality late pick. Maybe he's our Datsyuk(something Timmins him self refered too). I think it would be a shame to trade him before we get the chance to see what he is.
I thought that Ryder was already our Datsyuk...I have serious reservations about Grab...but then again I'm one of those guys who would prefer a solid & experienced player to an unproven possibly great minor leaguer. Sure you need to invest in your farm system, but before they make it to the NHL, its all a crapshoot.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 04:09 PM
  #31
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY_FAN View Post
If Grabovsky can land me a premium talent like that I would do it for any of the mentionned players.
I think this thread is only to look at how ridiculous is the hype. His value is close to nothing as of now.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
  #32
psychonaut
Registered User
 
psychonaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 500
A trade like that would only happen with a pending UFA in the seson from a team that would not likely make the playoffs.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
  #33
Fido22
Registered User
 
Fido22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Too bad the choices didn't include an "either" or "half of either". I would have picked those. I like Grabovski's potential, but come on we are talking about established young(ish) top centers in the NHL vs an unproven, but interesting, prospect!

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
  #34
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I thought that Ryder was already our Datsyuk...I have serious reservations about Grab...but then again I'm one of those guys who would prefer a solid & experienced player to an unproven possibly great minor leaguer. Sure you need to invest in your farm system, but before they make it to the NHL, its all a crapshoot.
Are you comparing Ryder to Datsyuk?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 04:43 PM
  #35
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Assuming we could make the cap space for those players. i'd bring Grabovski to the airport myself for anyone of those and happily add a couple of picks in the process...

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
  #36
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Other teams wouldnt give the Habs what the kids may be worth. Because of the sheer number some of these kids will work out. The problem is predicting which one...

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
  #37
albertonhabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Grabovsky for ANY of those names is crazy!! Were you drunk when you started this thread???? Has Grabs even played a game in the NHL?? Give your head a shake!!!

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 06:32 PM
  #38
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertonhabsfan View Post
Grabovsky for ANY of those names is crazy!! Were you drunk when you started this thread???? Has Grabs even played a game in the NHL?? Give your head a shake!!!
Were you drunk when you read it? Grabovsky as the centerpiece in a trade for one of those names. It's a change from always bringing up the same names that for whatever reason have fallen out of favour with Habs fans, seeing as the Grabovsky following has been gaining steady momentum since the WC.

Anyway, the poll results are interesting. I admit that I expected more posters to vote for "None", and I also didn't expect Gomez and Briere to have so few votes. It dispels the myth that HFBoarders, at least on the Habs board, grossly overvalue their prospects in the middle of a hype storm. I guess it also says something about Habs fans' expectations, as in past years the slogan "be patient and let the kids grow" was often a stock response to the idea of trading away one of the best prospects for an expensive but proven veteran for the now.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
  #39
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Are you comparing Ryder to Datsyuk?
Sure, I know that Datsyuk has put up more points, but he's been in the league longer and has had more opportunities. Who knows that Ryder could do with a few more years. But the comparison that I wanted to make is that he was a late pick who nobody thought would really go anywhere, but suprised everyone. I don't think anyone would deny that the two players can be compared in the way the suprised everyone.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 06:55 PM
  #40
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
Sure, I know that Datsyuk has put up more points, but he's been in the league longer and has had more opportunities. Who knows that Ryder could do with a few more years. But the comparison that I wanted to make is that he was a late pick who nobody thought would really go anywhere, but suprised everyone. I don't think anyone would deny that the two players can be compared in the way the suprised everyone.
Datsyuk brings alot more to a team then Ryder, and Datsyuk makes other players better. I dont consider Ryder anywhere near a Datsyuk. I'm hopping/wishing Grabs becomes that.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 06:56 PM
  #41
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertonhabsfan View Post
Grabovsky for ANY of those names is crazy!! Were you drunk when you started this thread???? Has Grabs even played a game in the NHL?? Give your head a shake!!!
so...you read somewhere...1 for 1 trade or something?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
  #42
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Datsyuk brings alot more to a team then Ryder, and Datsyuk makes other players better. I dont consider Ryder anywhere near a Datsyuk. I'm hopping/wishing Grabs becomes that.
Hey, don't we all. I don't think that Datsyuk is so far above Ryder that they can't be compared in the same sentence or anything. Lots of players have different skills.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:17 PM
  #43
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
Hey, don't we all. I don't think that Datsyuk is so far above Ryder that they can't be compared in the same sentence or anything. Lots of players have different skills.
We could do an experiment. But I wont volonteer. But...you could go on the trade forum and propose a trade. Datsyuk for Ryder. I'd be curious to see the opinion of "outsiders" on this one.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
  #44
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
So far, after reading this thread, I come to 2 conclusions

1) One person sleeps with Ryder
2) Lot's of people sleep with Grabovsky

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 11:11 PM
  #45
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st
 
Habsfan2992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
None!
Not a hope, no way no how!
I have seen him play and I'm going to enjoy watching him play again tomorrow in the finals.

From what I have seen, I garantee that you wouldn't want to get rid of this guy.

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 11:56 PM
  #46
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
You know, this is a tough one. Each of those players is an established NHL centre, just what we need with an ailing Koivu. In fact, picking up any of them would instantly propel us into contender status.

But that young Russian is so promising, I couldn’t bear to think of trading him for anyone, not even the type of player we desperately need. Malkin is just too good.

Oh, what's that? This thread is about who?

Excuse me...


Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2006, 12:08 AM
  #47
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
You know, this is a tough one. Each of those players is an established NHL centre, just what we need with an ailing Koivu. In fact, picking up any of them would instantly propel us into contender status.

But that young Russian is so promising, I couldn’t bear to think of trading him for anyone, not even the type of player we desperately need. Malkin is just too good.

Oh, what's that? This thread is about who?

Excuse me...

Some people just cant figure out the meaning of a question.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.