HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Higgins at Centre

Old
09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
AD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I think he'd look good between Kovalev and Samsonov. Driving the net and opening up the ice for Kovalev and Samsonov to dangle their way in.
Agreed. I've been saying this for a couple of weeks.

Kovalev and Samsonov will need someone to go to the net and screen goalies/tip in goals/get rebounds etc...

Oh if only Bonk could do that.. it'd be perfect.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Agreed. I've been saying this for a couple of weeks.

Kovalev and Samsonov will need someone to go to the net and screen goalies/tip in goals/get rebounds etc...

Oh if only Bonk could do that.. it'd be perfect.
I don't see it as being a good move. When I think of Higgins, I think of him using his speed off the wing and using the angles from the boards, getting the puck in flight. I think him starting the play in his own zone would take away from his strengths. Then again, what the hell do I know. I think we'd go from above average lw'er to average center. Still, if the need is there, camp is a time to look at this stuff.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 08:38 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Higgins at center...no...

We went and got Johnson because Higgins isn't a threat to Ribeiro. Although Johnson hasn't the offensive creativity of a Ribeiro, for the same stats he sure does have all of what Ribeiro is lacking...

As for who will play with Samy and Kovy...with Saky out and Ribs not making the cut, Bonk gets first blood followed by Plecky...

Perezhogin - (Bonk/Pleks) - Kovy
Higgins - Johnson - Ryder
Samy - (Plekanec/Bonk) - ?
Begin - Murray - (Downie/Lapierre/Ferland/Lats)

Who gets the ?....Kots is my bet...

If Koivu can still captain the first line then Bonk takes W on the 3rd line.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
Ryder on the third line ?!?
I agree that higgins centering one of the top two lines might not be the best thing, but why demote Ryder? He's our best scorer! And why put Perez on the top line instead. He's still got a lot to prove, more than Ryder at any rate.
Well the way I see it is that with a well balanced team you do not have a top line nor do you have a shutdown line. You may end up having a first PP unit and a second one and you can bet I would use Ryder on the first one.

I think that latendresse, Ryder and Johnson would make a quite good line, Johson is a playmaker that is not overly physical, Latendresse would bring some Robustness and Ryder would be the finisher. BTW switch Latendresse with Kostsitsyn and the line would be just as good IMO.

The key thing is that we have options this year... May the best kid earn a spot.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

options indeed....and It's driving me crazy!

To a point I really beleive that the habs are in an envious position to compare to many other teams...

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote