HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Part 3 (Flyers own the 11th overall pick)

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 09:11 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Ottawa clinched tonight so they won't care about next's game. Yay Max Domi!

Old
04-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't think they want to finish 8th. If they win their last two games they can get to 6th.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I don't think they want to finish 8th. If they win their last two games they can get to 6th.
It's not a win or die type of game is what I'm saying. So they won't come out with as much intensity as they would if it was.

This season was an all around failure. We're not good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to get a good pick out of it.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
It's not a win or die type of game is what I'm saying. So they won't come out with as much intensity as they would if it was.

This season was an all around failure. We're not good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to get a good pick out of it.

This.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Curufinwe

A top 10 pick is still a good pick.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:37 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:

I haven't even been able to watch the last few games. I can't enjoy seeing them lose but I hate seeing them win. Better to just find something else to do and hope for the best at the draft.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
I haven't even been able to watch the last few games. I can't enjoy seeing them lose but I hate seeing them win. Better to just find something else to do and hope for the best at the draft.
Meaningless wins don't do much for me. Yeah, there's the whole pride thing, but to make up for this terrible season, it'd be nice to get a difference maker to help the flyers, via the draft.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:31 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

We'd be lucky to get Ristolainen at this point.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:51 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

Mediocrity sucks.....it gets you nowhere fast. We better hope for some extreme odds in our favor Monday with the lottery....

Old
04-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
We'd be lucky to get Ristolainen at this point.
No doubt. This season is the definitely on total loss.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:17 PM
ahthorne

Holy overreactions Batman!

1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Drouin
4. Barkov
5. Lindholm
6. Monahan
7. Nichushkin
8. Nurse
9. Ristolainen
10. Zadorov
11. Shinkaruk
12. Mantha
13. Morrissey
14. Domi

... all of those players are legit prospects. Any team that misses the playoffs is getting a great prospects. Even the teams that made the playoffs are getting great prospects (although I'd take somebody like Nurse or Zadorov > Ryan Hartman/JT Compher...

PLUS we have a high 2nd. We'll be getting a high-end prospects (this draft is very deep) and another possible high-end player with that 2nd. Any of the projected defensemen like Theodore, Santini, Hagg, Mueller, Bowey, etc. ... would be fantastic pick-ups in the 2nd round.

I'd be happy with any of the players I mentioned. Darkhorse being Josh Morrissey... kid is an all-around stud defensemen. Does everything well, high potential on offense without a loss of defensive ability. Sound skater too.

All is not lost. I think this team is way better than this season has said. The emergence and growth of players like Luke Schenn and Erik Gustafsson on defense is exciting, and we'd be fools to disregard the fact that we have one of the best young forward cores in the league. Goaltending will always be an issue for this franchise, sadly...

Old
04-25-2013, 11:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So if we lose and Buffalo wins, we get 8th.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

If we draft outside the top ten I hope Nichushkin falls and we select him. Most kids will be projects or have limited upside after that anyway. So possibly waiting two years won't be the worse thing in the world.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Cardds

Danny Briere + our first pick for Florida's

I could only dream

Old
04-25-2013, 11:52 PM
laundryman

Maybe Read and our first?

Old
04-25-2013, 11:54 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
Maybe Read and our first?
More than that.

OT: I like how Read is turning into Flyers fans version of Kadri with Leafs fans prior to this year.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
If we draft outside the top ten I hope Nichushkin falls and we select him. Most kids will be projects or have limited upside after that anyway. So possibly waiting two years won't be the worse thing in the world.
I was thinking this too, who knows how far he will fall. There is always SOMEONE who seems to fall early in the draft. Hopefully someone like that will be available.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:

Ottawa is on the front end of a back to back. They play Sunday making up that game that was canceled from the Boston bombings. You gotta think they want to avoid both Pittsburgh and Boston. its their last home game as well. I would be shocked if they "just went thru the motions"
I did not expect this team to just lie down, or whatever you want to call it. thats not what they do. They aren't going to try and lose to anyone.
NJ finishes @ the Rangers
Isles finish @ Buffalo tomorrow with most likely Nabokov in net for the Isles
Phoenix finishes home against Colorado and @ Anaheim
Dallas finishes home against the Wings.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 04-26-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 01:59 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Traktor Chelyabinsk's hockey director says Valeri Nichushkin's agent wants him to play in North America next season.
Source: Slava Malamud @SlavaMalamud

This guy is a Russian writer who contributes for NHL.com.

It also looks like Tratkor is going to make Nichushkin a new offer to get him to stay. So I guess there is a possibility of him getting out of his contract and he's possibly exploring it.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-26-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 02:20 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Here's an article on Nichushkin in Russian:
http://allhockey.ru/news/149789/

I used google translate for this:
Quote:
Director of "Tractor" Vladimir Krechina said that the leadership of Chelyabinsk club prepared to reconsider the contract with Valery Nichushkinym if he would agree to stay in the League and will move to North America.

We are working on this issue, we work with an agent. But while his agent wants Nichushkin went abroad. However, with the very Valera yet to speak on this topic have not yet. If he has the desire to stay, then the contract will surely be revised - the director of the club.

Krechina said that going to go overseas and some other young players, "Tractor", "Many people want to leave. In the children's school" Tractor "with two guys born in 1996 had actually bought the tickets. Met yesterday with his parents, with players trying to convince. I will not name names, but will outline the role. this two defenders. guys explain that left a Canadian junior leagues many defenders of Russia, and none of them have not fully played in the NHL. speak it and parents that agents promise a beautiful fairy tale.
The translation seems a little off. Hopefully one of our Russian posters on here can clean that up for us.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Haanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post

I'd be happy with any of the players I mentioned. Darkhorse being Josh Morrissey... kid is an all-around stud defensemen. Does everything well, high potential on offense without a loss of defensive ability. Sound skater too.
Nice to see someone mention Morrissey. I have him firmly inside my top 10, well above a player like Zadorov who I am not particularly high on.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:57 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
I know some people don't want to hear this, but I think it's important that this club finish strong. I know some don't believe that carries forward, but with a lot of young roster players, seeing some sort of light at the end of the tunnel should get them ready for next season.

This season was flustercuck from the get go. The Flyers will probably end up with the 9th or 10th choice in the draft and they're going to get a good player to add to the system. So, whether it's Max Domi (a great forward prospect by the way) or whether it's Rasmus Ristolainen, it's going to be OK.

As well, we don't know what Holmgren has up his sleeve. Maybe he pulls off something incredible and moves up in the draft or maybe he does something crazy and moves out of the first round all together.

I don't know, but I don't see this as being doom and gloom or mediocrity as others have pointed out. While this has been a bad season, there were some incredible positives to come out of this. We saw Jake Voracek ascend to stardom. We saw Luke Schenn put it together and become a legitimate top pairing defenseman. We Scott Laughton during his five game trial and saw that he's going to be a player. I know it was only a small sample of games, but Steve Mason looks like he's got his confidence and game back. Erik Gustafsson has finally broke through the glass ceiling and has emerged as a top four defender.

My only hope for next season is that the guys who are the on team realize that the playoffs are not a given and that you have to play and win in order to secure a playoff spot. It's not automatic and hopefully we'll see a different mindset on the team next season.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Brozgalov

I don't really know much about any of the prospects other then things I've read and what some "experts" are saying. Right now I am looking at one of these 3 as our top pick... 2 of which might be gone...

1. Nurse
2. Ristolainen
3. Hagg

I think there are better forwards available before Hagg, but I really want a Dman... I am praying for Ristolainen.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Bill Meltzer thinks Pulock is a better pick than Ristolainen, and ISS has him ranked 14th with Risto 11th.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:41 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Bill Meltzer thinks Pulock is a better pick than Ristolainen, and ISS has him ranked 14th with Risto 11th.
This may not be accurate, but I remember reading somewhere that Pulock has a higher offensive ceiling than Risto, but Risto is ready to go within a year or two and Pulock is probably a couple years out. Could be wrong, but I think I remembe reading that about someone. Might have been Nurse if not Pulock.

Closed Thread