HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Award's for posters?

Old
04-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Strummergas

vCash: 500
What's more high schoolish, having an awards thread or being hurt that you weren't nominated for anything?

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
I had you in mind when I recommended establishing the Grey Poupon award in an earlier thread
I figured.

For the record, I prefer Maille Dijon Originale with my cave-aged Gruyere and glass of of Meursault. There's a lingering bitterness in Gray Poupon that chafes my palate.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:36 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I figured.

For the record, I prefer Maille Dijon Originale with my cave-aged Gruyere and glass of of Meursault. There's a lingering bitterness in Gray Poupon that chafes my palate.
But of course!!! (uttered with a French accent)

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:22 AM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I figured.

Because I understood some of that, I feel like a bigger lose than I thought I was. So, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
I'm so flattered, that was the nicest thing anyone ever did for me. It's like you're looking directly into my heart
great avatar, new guy (or girl) !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
What's more high schoolish, having an awards thread or being hurt that you weren't nominated for anything?
I doubt there's anyone that takes this (or any other thread) seriously - especially not that old Bert Marshall guy

This is the kind of childish fun thread that Isles fans are used to doing when the playoffs start, because, there's not much to talk about until the draft.

But this year, it's DIFFERENT! and it feels great.

I'm glad they clinched so the anxiety drops the blood pressure to a manageable level for two more games. That Jets game was too much!

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Because I understood some of that, I feel like a bigger lose than I thought I was. So, thank you.
If that makes you a loser, what does that make me?

All I want is to watch Islanders hockey when it's warm enough to sip vinho verde.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post

great avatar, new guy (or girl) !

I doubt there's anyone that takes this (or any other thread) seriously - especially not that old Bert Marshall guy

This is the kind of childish fun thread that Isles fans are used to doing when the playoffs start, because, there's not much to talk about until the draft.

But this year, it's DIFFERENT! and it feels great.

I'm glad they clinched so the anxiety drops the blood pressure to a manageable level for two more games. That Jets game was too much!
Bingo. I've taken a night at comedy clubs more serious than this. Some are a little slow eh gas man?

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
Bingo. I've taken a night at comedy clubs more serious than this. Some are a little slow eh gas man?
Wasn't directed completely at you Bertholomew. Others seem to have expressed concern over their bruised egos on this thread. Then again, maybe those posters were indeed high schoolers. Makes sense now that I think about it.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:20 PM
mitchy22

Thanks for the kind words and nods for those that thought of me. (Screw the rest of you guys. )

There are a lot of quality posters here, so I'll just thank everyone in general for making this a place worth visiting...even if it's ****ing overly dramatic from time to time. I appreciate every one of you who ever made it through 1/4 of one of my walls of text. I appreciate everyone who was willing to debate me on my actual words and not "scream" at me on the Internet. I appreciate the information brought in by posters who pay attention to things that are beyond my scope. I appreciate the humor. I appreciate the thankless work the mods have always done. I appreciate all of the GDT work. I sometimes even appreciate the drama.

I've been posting on hockey forums since I realized the Internet had hockey forums, and this has been my "home" for almost 11 years. I used to post on the Don Cherry "boards/room" on AOL. Not that long ago, I was even recruited to join another forum, but I stuck with you guys and gals.

By the way, in case anybody hasn't noticed, the Islanders will be in the ****ing playoffs. Post whatever the Hell you want. Post pictures of clowns wearing Islanders jerseys if you have to. Keep the same pair of lucky underwear on. Start meaningless or meaningful threads. Just do what you've been doing during the run that got us in. I'll nominate everyone for everything if we win a ****ing playoff series. 1993. 1993. 1993. I haven't seen this team win a playoff round since 1993!!! I wasn't even on ****ing dial-up in 1993!

I nominate the Islanders to win a playoff round.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
I was thinking about restarting this (originally done by KC)
Thoughts?

I will take nominations for each award and then I’ll compile them and we’ll vote via poll for each award.

1. Read carefully through the awards and read what each one represents and what each one really means. If you need to have me clarify what I mean, by all means, please ask me.

2. Nominate posters who you feel are deserving of the award.

3. Nominate at least two people for each award with a maximum of four. I’d like to have at least three nominees for each award!

4. No limit on the amount of awards one can be nominated for. Nominate whomever you feel is deserving for any award, even if you end up using the same poster more than once.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO ON THIS THREAD:

Copy and paste the names of each award into your own post and list out your nominees for each and every award.

Here’s the list of the categories for this year’s awards, in the order which they will be voted and presented:

I’ll leave this thread up for a few days and then we will vote for the winners. Let me know if you have any questions and let’s have fun with it!

This will be the line up.

For Saturday:

Rollercoaster Award – Most up and down in emotions (the poster who goes from “We’ll never win another game” during the 1st period of a GDT to “WE FREAKING RULE!!!!!!1111!!!!” in the 3rd period)

Chicken Little Award (to the poster whose theme is always that the sky is falling)

Marty Reasoner Award - Worst thread or statement made throughout the season.
(Only the OP can nominate themselves for this 1)

Bill Masterton Memorial Poster Award - Comeback poster of the year.

For Sunday

Vince Vaughn Award – Best Old School Poster (poster who has been around on HF for a while, not necessarily a fan who has been around for a long time)

Woodward and Bernstein – Best Inside Information (the poster who provides the most or the most accurate scoops)

Kevin Connolly – Nicest Poster (the poster who you just know is a good person)

Jim Carrey Award – Funniest Poster (the poster who regularly makes you laugh and laugh hard)

For Monday:

Steve Jobs Award – Most Passionate Poster (the poster whose undying love for the Isles is apparent in most every post)

Bryan Trottier Award – Best Poster/MVP (ok, this one goes to the poster who made you go, “damn, that was excellent and I wish I had said it”)
When is this starting. I thought it was supposed to start on sat.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Fantom

I guess we are not doing this =(

Old
05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I guess we are not doing this =(
Well, we ARE in the playoffs ya know. I would think that takes precedence over anything else going on in our little slice of HF Boards.

If people want to do this, it can wait. Hopefully, it'll have to wait until after we win game 7 of the Cup Finals.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Well, we ARE in the playoffs ya know. I would think that takes precedence over anything else going on in our little slice of HF Boards.

If people want to do this, it can wait. Hopefully, it'll have to wait until after we win game 7 of the Cup Finals.
You're lost!! Isles win in 5

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
You're lost!! Isles win in 5
history says we win in 7. 4-0, all series go the distance, best ice pigeon gets spanked.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post

you Jinxed US!

Old
05-17-2013, 01:34 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
you Jinxed US!
Doh! If I could, I would infract myself. Sorry.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
Not that long ago, I was even recruited to join another forum, but I stuck with you guys and gals.
Thats crap! I have never been recruited.

Eff you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
I appreciate every one of you who ever made it through 1/4 of one of my walls of text.
I used the "read the first line of every paragraph" method.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
i shouldve gotten best eyes in senior superlative, but some doucher who was on the committee somehow got it...

oh, wait, you werent serious? im pretty sure so was everyone who was whining they werent "picked" lol

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote