HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIV

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
anleva

vCash: 500
The more I read and the more film I watch the more I like the pick. Disruptive player. Good athlete for his size. Like his TFL and sack numbers from the inside. Hasn't played football for that long, still alot of upside. Needs to give more effort at times but the skill is there. And at a position of need to get stronger up the middle.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:21 AM
chet1926

I'm so happy that the Broncos didn't get suckered into taking Lacy. That guy is going to bust hard in the NFL, he was the product of a NFL caliber offensive line playing against college kids, much like Richardson. Its very tough to get a read on skill players from schools like Alabama where everyone is so good, its tough to tell which are the really good ones and which ones are more products of the system.

I'm also glad we didn't bite on Manti T'eo. I like him but not as a 1st rd player. I wouldn't have been overly pissed if we had taken him, but we made the right selection based off what was available and what positions we needed to fill.

Taking the DT in rd 1 gives us more options going forward I'd like to see one of Minter LB LSU, Alonso LB Oregon, Bostic LB Florida, Ball RB Wisconsin or Hunt DE SMU in the 2nd rd and then maybe a corner or safety in rd 3.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Freeney and Abe are still out there too.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:33 AM
anleva

This is pretty cool

Old
04-26-2013, 12:48 AM
anleva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Yeah lets get one of them locked up.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I'm so happy that the Broncos didn't get suckered into taking Lacy. That guy is going to bust hard in the NFL, he was the product of a NFL caliber offensive line playing against college kids, much like Richardson. Its very tough to get a read on skill players from schools like Alabama where everyone is so good, its tough to tell which are the really good ones and which ones are more products of the system.

I'm also glad we didn't bite on Manti T'eo. I like him but not as a 1st rd player. I wouldn't have been overly pissed if we had taken him, but we made the right selection based off what was available and what positions we needed to fill.

Taking the DT in rd 1 gives us more options going forward I'd like to see one of Minter LB LSU, Alonso LB Oregon, Bostic LB Florida, Ball RB Wisconsin or Hunt DE SMU in the 2nd rd and then maybe a corner or safety in rd 3.
I rated them both as first round players, and I think that they both would have been good picks for the broncos.

Honest to god, if I had the Bronco's pick there, I would have chosen Eddie Lacy.

I would shy away from Montee Ball.

The big ten has shown time and time again that it's power backs don't translate to the NFL anymore.

Last edited by Helton4Hall: 04-26-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Good news is QBs and WRs should eat up picks at the top of the next round, and there aren't picks for the Browns and Saints pushing more defensive prospects to the Denver end. There will probably be a guy at 58 we'd all have been okay taking with that 1st.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:10 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Do you guys want Arthur brown??

Old
04-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
AYERS.

c

Old
04-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
AYERS.

c
Sucks.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:23 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post

I just want t0 comment on Trent Richardson.

He already has shown he can be a highly productive RB in the NFL, he will only get better

Old
04-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I just want t0 comment on Trent Richardson.

He already has shown he can be a highly productive RB in the NFL, he will only get better
No, he sucks. He's too much straight ahead, can't run through everybody in this league.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:11 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
No, he sucks. He's too much straight ahead, can't run through everybody in this league.
With 15 games played he had 950 yards and 11 touchdowns as a ROOKIE. I don't care what you think of him, but that's a damn good rookie season, behind a terrible Browns O-Line and a head coach who, in certain games, decided that they were going to "Air it out" and allowed Brandon Weeden to lose them games.

I hate to say it, because I am NOT an Alabama fan, but Richardson is already a good NFL RB and he's only 22.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Old
04-26-2013, 09:14 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Continue here

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1413097

Closed Thread