HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#2 C to Dallas

Old
04-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Unlikely Eller gets moved. Doesn't make sense for the team to move him and not DD. Plekanec will only be around for so long. I'd consider him to be a core forward in the future. DD would likely be the only available centre from Montreal unless an important player is coming back. Eller's got too much potential and fits in too well with the future of the team.
Plex is signed for 3 more years. DD is signed for 4. Eller's young and almost out of his cost controlled years. Galchenyuk is young and probably projects to be better than Eller.

I'd take Plex off your hands but I can't imagine that now would be the time to move him. Or DD, because who signs a guy then trades him? Bergevin ain't Holmgren.

And in the other thread I offered Robidas+Fraser for Grabo.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Plex is signed for 3 more years. DD is signed for 4. Eller's young and almost out of his cost controlled years. Galchenyuk is young and probably projects to be better than Eller.

I'd take Plex off your hands but I can't imagine that now would be the time to move him. Or DD, because who signs a guy then trades him? Bergevin ain't Holmgren.

It's not the most popular move for a GM in the NHL to do a sign and trade HOWEVER, a signed DD at a reasonable cap hit is worth a lot more than DD as an RFA. He was going to get a contract anyway, just so happened that it was the Habs that gave it to him. Eller is coming to the end of his RFA years but is seen as the replacement for Plekanec in the long run. Hopefully, in a couple of years, Eller and Galchenyuk will be the Canadiens 1-2 centerman.

From a fans perspective, DD is the most attractive player to be moved. We have several players on the team and in the pipeline of similar stature and style, Eller and Galchenyuk are our future and Plekanec currently carries the team in a big way. It would mean taking the team in an entirely different direction if Eller or Plekanec were to be traded.

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
No... take more salary.
I can't I've capped myself at about 750K for all Grabo proposals. He'll earn that money if he's played in a top-six role.

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
I can't I've capped myself at about 750K for all Grabo proposals. He'll earn that money if he's played in a top-six role.
He's still maybe a 55-60 point center in a really good year... 4.5 is about what anyone should be paying for one.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Robidas+Fraser or Reilly Smith?
Anyone mind telling me what happened to Robidas?

Seemed like last year Stars fans wanted nothing for him has his play really turned around or was he just the whipping boy last year and was still doing okay?

On a side note I am not 100% sure Robidas helps us that much as he is 36 years old.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
He's still maybe a 55-60 point center in a really good year... 4.5 is about what anyone should be paying for one.
I think this summer will see a bunch of 55-60 point centers sign in the 5+ mil range, right in around where Grabovski currently sits, maybe even to the extent of Zajac. Even if 1 or 2 don't get that much I think they probably come in at the 4.5-5 range with term. IMO, that's what you have to pay for a good #2 center when they get into UFA years. 4.5 isn't the max anymore, that's more the minimum.

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
I think this summer will see a bunch of 55-60 point centers sign in the 5+ mil range, right in around where Grabovski currently sits, maybe even to the extent of Zajac. Even if 1 or 2 don't get that much I think they probably come in at the 4.5-5 range with term. IMO, that's what you have to pay for a good #2 center when they get into UFA years. 4.5 isn't the max anymore, that's more the minimum.
I expect the following summer (or earlier) we will re-sign Pavelski for 6 mil with 4-5 year term. Grabovski is still over-payed, especially in next year's cap-crunch, but not all that much in a year or two.

Nolan11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Anyone mind telling me what happened to Robidas?

Seemed like last year Stars fans wanted nothing for him has his play really turned around or was he just the whipping boy last year and was still doing okay?

On a side note I am not 100% sure Robidas helps us that much as he is 36 years old.
He's been a bit better since the TDL but I still want him traded off because he's a) old b) one year left and c) we can get a return for him.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:09 PM
SuperSaiyanSTARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Any interest in Krejci?

Does Krejci + Koko get the B's anywhere near Louie? If not what needs to be added or a counter proposal all together for Krejci.
That's a damn good offer, I would love to see Krejci centering a line with Benn.
But I'm not really sold on KoKo. What about Caron/Griffith and a pick?

SuperSaiyanSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:

Maybe DD sees the writting on the wall and Dallas offers him a better opportunity to play top 6 and he welcomes a move to a team that has a winger he had success with. But thats just a guess.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post

Maybe DD sees the writting on the wall and Dallas offers him a better opportunity to play top 6 and he welcomes a move to a team that has a winger he had success with. But thats just a guess.
It's entirely possible.

But DD is pretty marginal and not a true top 6 center.

Old
04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post
That's a damn good offer, I would love to see Krejci centering a line with Benn.
But I'm not really sold on KoKo. What about Caron/Griffith and a pick?
Done in a heartbeat. Love Eriksson. Loui and Bergy on a line would be absolutely dominant on both side of the puck.

Curious to see what others think...

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Done in a heartbeat. Love Eriksson. Loui and Bergy on a line would be absolutely dominant on both side of the puck.

Curious to see what others think...
I don't really think trading Eriksson for Krejci is a good idea...

Old
04-25-2013, 10:25 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
With Dallas likely not pursuing Derek Roy or Mike Ribeiro this offseason, there is a gap at 2nd line center. Who's available and for what price?

Untouchables: Benn,Lehtonen, Dillon and Oleksiak

Edit: While I don't have Eriksson as untouchable, it'd have to be a pretty nice deal in order to move him.
I wouldn't be at all suprised to see Grabovski find a home in Dallas. As far as I remember, Niewendyk was a big fan of his, and you'd have to believe that Toronto would prefer to keep Tyler Bozak around.

Maybe it's as simple as Eric Nystrom and a pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Nieuwendyk was with the Maple Leafs when they recruited Tyler Bozak and I seem to remember some articles he was the guy who sold the NCAA kids on that franchise at the time. Bozak is a UFA and Dallas has some cap space. If he reaches the market, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that signing and most of the talk here is moot.

That said, I'd love the likes of a Pavelski or Gagner as well if the price were close and I'd definitely go after Weiss as well, regardless of whether I get Bozak.
Realistically... if you're Tyler Bozak, are you REALLY going to leave a team where you're the #1 centre, where the franchise winger loves / insists on playing with you, and that team has a top 5 offence?

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
I wouldn't be at all suprised to see Grabovski find a home in Dallas. As far as I remember, Niewendyk was a big fan of his, and you'd have to believe that Toronto would prefer to keep Tyler Bozak around.

Maybe it's as simple as Eric Nystrom and a pick.
Since Nystrom is a UFA, it is certainly not that simple.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:38 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Since Nystrom is a UFA, it is certainly not that simple.
NHLnumbers says one thing... capgeek another... just some bottom-of-the-lineup player then, or a prospect.

Old
04-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Realistically... if you're Tyler Bozak, are you REALLY going to leave a team where you're the #1 centre, where the franchise winger loves / insists on playing with you, and that team has a top 5 offence?
If you're Tyler Bozak, you go to the team offering the most money.

Troy McClure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:05 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Toronto's certainly in a position to be that team as well.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:06 PM
broad

To Washington:
2nd Round Pick
Cody Eakin

To Dallas:
Negotiating rights to Mike Ribeiro

broad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
It's entirely possible.

But DD is pretty marginal and not a true top 6 center.
plays 2nd line mins, avgs over 0.6 ppg, is a + player. Seems like an ok 2nd line C. Three reasons he's expendable is Plekanec, Eller and Galchenyuk

and he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to acquire

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:19 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
We have no blue chip prospects, but tremendous depth. A plethora of big, mean defensemen and quite a few power/two-way forwards. Definitely exciting, for Dallas fans.

Toronto has a nice pool, as well. Reilly and Gardiner are definitely two defensemen to get excited about. I also really like Biggs.

Back on topic though, if any Oilers fans are reading this thread, what's Gagner's value? Does the previous proposal work?

Gagner+Whitney

for

Daley+Fraser+4th?

4th seems pointless, but I'd definitely do this deal.
Whitney is a UFA

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Whitney is a UFA
I know. I more meant to bring this Oilers fans' proposal back up to get a grasp of Gagner's value.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Olli Jokinen for Max Fortunus

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:01 AM
kihei

vCash: 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Possibly true, though if that team doesn't have a Phil Kessel, Tyler might want to give it some thought.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Possibly true, though if that team doesn't have a Phil Kessel, Tyler might want to give it some thought.
But we have a Jamie Benn.