HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

New away jersey coming?

Old
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
SaintAnthony

vCash: 500
I still think they should go with the reverse of our 3rds now but the Wild logo on the front. I would also like to see them add maybe a little wheat trim or red trim similar to the Hershey Bears white third jerseys that copied our thirds but have maroon and wheat trim. (Someone post a photo of those I can't seem to at this time.) I also don't think we can continue with three different types of uniform designs if we are going with a complete new look on the whites.

SaintAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Minny91

Thoughts on contrasting name plates on the home and away jerseys? Tan nameplates on the green jerseys and green nameplates on the white jerseys with a different color text in them. I like the way the Philadelphia "broad street bully-type" black nameplates make the jerseys pop, would this work on this MN set?

Minny91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:19 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
well if they're not an inverse of a our 3rds, then i highly doubt the thirds are going to become the new home sweaters.

ugh

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:33 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
well if they're not an inverse of a our 3rds, then i highly doubt the thirds are going to become the new home sweaters.

ugh
Kinda disappointed, the Aero's whites are really clean looking.

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 05:57 PM
TheeNorthStar

Disappointed. Very!

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 09:53 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I'd buy a white version of our reds in a heartbeat.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
If they're not going to go with an inverse of our Greens for the new away jerseys, I'd like to see them go with something like this from one of the Icethetics Concepts.

I think this one has been posted before, but having these as our new Homes and Aways and keeping our current 3rd as our alternate would be a pretty sweet deal. I've wanted a uniform set of Homes and Aways for awhile now and we can even make our Christmas-time Reds an alternate too.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minny91 View Post
Thoughts on contrasting name plates on the home and away jerseys? Tan nameplates on the green jerseys and green nameplates on the white jerseys with a different color text in them. I like the way the Philadelphia "broad street bully-type" black nameplates make the jerseys pop, would this work on this MN set?
No thanks. Don't like those at all.

I would be pretty okay with the "Iowa Wild" whites but now I'm a little worried if they go off the map.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:59 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I've said this before but anything that changes the color scheme of the actual, original, Wild logo isn't going to happen. Nor does to look good.

As far as what the Wild do go with, I'm pretty confident in their ability to put forth a quality sweater. Everything that they've come out with since their inception has been well received and spun a few teams following their cues shortly thereafter. It's just that with what they currently have in their quiver, it's a mish-mash of those sweaters with no relation to each other and the time period in which they were debuted.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That's why I wouldn't mind the Iowa/Houston whites. It's a more unified look with the current greens, which aren't far from the reds.

I'm having trouble remember the white jersey prototypes, but one of them had a big green stripe around the middle. Those would be pretty interesting. Like the old Detroit WC jersey in green and white and then throw the circle logo on top of it. Pretty solid look IMO.

Also would like them to make the green jerseys regular home jerseys and swap the MINNESOTA font for a logo of some kind. Then nix the reds. Keep the MINNESOTA jerseys as thirds.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
If they're not going to go with an inverse of our Greens for the new away jerseys, I'd like to see them go with something like this from one of the Icethetics Concepts.

I think this one has been posted before, but having these as our new Homes and Aways and keeping our current 3rd as our alternate would be a pretty sweet deal. I've wanted a uniform set of Homes and Aways for awhile now and we can even make our Christmas-time Reds an alternate too.
Nice jerseys! bring back the NStars main colors

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:

I dont like the logo without the red like that. Too pale. The rest of it is good tho. Would not mind a green and wheat jersey with no red.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:

No offense, but those are bloody hideous.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
No offense, but those are bloody hideous.
They're not mine, so no offense taken

I'm just looking for something that can give us a matching set of home and away jerseys. I'm sure the organization will put out another great jersey, but I'm sick of seeing three completely different jerseys for this team.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 06:16 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
We probably will get matching home and away.

They're going to just do white/red/green versions of our current home.

/myguess.

FUBAR McDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 08:33 PM
mnwild

vCash: 125
I really wish the organization would put this to a fan vote/allow fan creations+vote

mnwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:54 AM
sushinsky4tsar

Quote:

Not saying they should, but I think this would be a great phase 1 design if the team ever decided to blow it up and rebrand as the North Stars.

Phase 1: this jersey
Phase 2: add the 'N-Star' to the shoulder patch -- for the North Star State / Northland
Phase 3: alternate with the 'N-Star' as the primary
Phase 4: official name change, N-Star as primary
Phase 5: reintroduce the retro kelly greens

Realistically, I think they need to shelf the reds and use them only for one Christmas game each year. Try to make them even gaudier than they are right now. Elf shoulder patch. Hang stockings around the glass. Helmet antlers. Ugly Xmas sweater competition for the fans.

Current greens are great. But leave them as the alts. I don't approve of script logos as the primary. Bring back the old greens as the primary. Those could maybe use a little bit of cleaning up.

Completely redo the whites with a much cleaner look. I love the clean green and white only (Aeros) look. The trouble is that kind of lends itself towards a script logo. I still stand by the animal head as a quality logo that should go the distance.

sushinsky4tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Giles Ferrell
#believeinyeo

We really need to move on from the North Star logo/colors. They belong in the past.

Giles Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:41 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles Ferrell View Post
We really need to move on from the North Star logo/colors. They belong in the past.
The problem with that is that there's something reminding us all the time, and not letting us move on like we want to.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I imagine that they will be nearly identical to this...

Old
04-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Jopsey

Pretty

Jopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I imagine that they will be nearly identical to this...

i'd like those

sadly i expect this organization to drop the ball

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
i'd like those

sadly i expect this organization to drop the ball
why?

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

I really hope they go with something that works with the greens, and we make the greens our home jerseys as well as whatever the new aways are.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:49 PM
10dynasty38*

No piping, please no piping. Aeroes away's are slick. I would love to see those. I would love for the Wild to get rid of the piping on the reds if they are gonna keep em. Personally I'd rather have green for the homes that coordinate with the aways. Just no piping. I hate busy uniforms.

Wheat, Green, White, Red, Burnt Orange. I don't care. Just clean and no piping. I am fully expecting the Wild to add piping to the new uniforms. I will be sad.

10dynasty38* is offline   Reply With Quote