HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home ice!!! Habs beat Jets 4-2.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
So now looks like two weeks of Habs vs leaf ohlala
If we beat T.O in regulation saturday, Ottawa might win their next two games ( with the Karlsson effect ). Then we would play Ottawa.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
By the way, these are our faceoff averages for the year:

Plekanec - 50.4% Desharnais - 50.2% Eller - 49.0% Halpern - 56.1%

Another issue that's not really the weakness it was hyped up to be.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

It depends on the games we play.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:10 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
If we beat T.O in regulation saturday, Ottawa might win their next two games ( with the Karlsson effect ). Then we would play Ottawa.
Actually we would be in second place if that were to happen (assuming it was regulation win for Ottawa) since Boston plays Ottawa in one of those games.

If we win Saturday, Boston needs at least 3 points in their final two games to win the division. If they lose either against Washington or Ottawa in regulation, we finish 2nd.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:31 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Much better game overall (I couldn't watch the NJ game though). We had a few bounces going our way but hey, last time Pacioretty had bounces going his way, he went absolutely red hot. Just in time, baby.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:42 AM
JohnLennon

Hey guys I'm pretty stupid!

Last edited by JohnLennon: 04-26-2013 at 09:23 AM.
JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:51 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Not true. There's no possible way the Leafs are finishing anywhere above fifth. Just look at the standings. Montreal and Boston are both ahead of you by 4 points with only one game left for Toronto to play.

So the division lead is a race between Boston and Montreal, and if Boston and Montreal end up with the same amount of points at the end of the season, Montreal takes second place. Leafs can still go down to sixth place if Ottawa wins its next two games and the Leafs lose their final game.

A quick look at the standings would tell you all of this, though.
I'm a Habs fan luckily

A quick look at my recent posts would tell you all of this, though.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:05 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Not true. There's no possible way the Leafs are finishing anywhere above fifth. Just look at the standings. Montreal and Boston are both ahead of you by 4 points with only one game left for Toronto to play.

So the division lead is a race between Boston and Montreal, and if Boston and Montreal end up with the same amount of points at the end of the season, Montreal takes second place. Leafs can still go down to sixth place if Ottawa wins its next two games and the Leafs lose their final game.

A quick look at the standings would tell you all of this, though.
He's talking about Montreal, duh.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:10 AM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

I hope we beat Toronto in regulation Saturday, and Boston only wins 1 of their two finals games...hoping for 2nd place. Otherwise, bring on the Leafs!

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Craig71

Liked what I saw from Tinordi and Price tonight, Price just seemed way more confident tonight and if not for the terrible defensive blunders probably would have had a shutout. I liked Tinordi, he looked like a veteran for tonight at least. He should have been here since Emelins injury and I feel that his days in Hamilton are over. Good skater for a man of his size and a decent first pass should be enough to keep him in the lineup.

I would also sit down Boullion for the TO game and give his spot to Beaulieu.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:16 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurplunk View Post
It was hilarious when I saw the puck getting so close to getting outta the zone and Subban comes flying in to keep it alive. Passes to Markov, clears the broken stick down the ice, and gets off a slapshot all in one sequence.
Was very nice
All of it in natural stride. Like a boss.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:19 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
I'm a Habs fan luckily

Well all you Ontario posters look alike to John Lennon.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

It's because we're in the same division as Boston. Automatically lowers our faceoff% a lot as we seem to lose 100% of faceoffs against them every game.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:29 AM
poetryinmotion

Did Eller concuss himself on Gallagher's goal? I hope not.

poetryinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:34 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Did Eller concuss himself on Gallagher's goal? I hope not.
Naw but the boards behind the net will have to go through the medical protocol.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Naw but the boards behind the net will have to go through the medical protocol.
Good thing Winnipeg don't need those boards for the next week

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:22 AM
JohnLennon

Quote:
I'm a Habs fan luckily

I'm so embarrassed! I'm so sorry!!! I only looked at your avatar and not your name. I'm an idiot. Never studying late AGAIN!

Kudos for not telling me about my stupidity after that one... ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Well all you Ontario posters look alike to John Lennon.
HEY SHUT UP! They're a different breed I tell ya...

Old
04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
habtastic

As usual, after a win I don't come to the board right away as a coping mechanism so I'll take a crack at it then go in reverse order seeing what everyone thought until I come to an unreasonable post

- I was defending Boullion prior to the game and while I still think he moved it alright on the PP, I wanted to smash his head in most of the game. On further review, pass was on Cube's skate blade, but still, wtf, was so mad. And the second goal - why do all other teams fill their net with three D in that situation while we just stand around and watch. GET YOUR BODY ON THE GOAL LINE. Not a good game by him at times, but again, I don't know if LJV wouldn't have made more mistakes.

- Price was awesome. I don't think anyone disagrees that this was the Price we remember, even better than in tampa IMO. Hope that it's the way he plays going forward.

- Atta boy Tinner (à la PK)! Keep him in. I'm sure he'll make the odd mistake, but more than makes up for it. On that partial 2 on 1, he not only took the man out, but got his stick in the way to block a pass. On the PK, he got it behind the net and with lots of pressure flipped it out - something our vets fail to do time and time again, rather weakly pushing it to the point and the opposing D man. Physicality was good - exactly the right timing. You can differentiate knowledgeable hockey fans by those who know what it means to take a hit to make the play. Jack Edwards, for e.g., will call any hit on an opposing player monstrous and devastating while that player effectively takes a bruin out of the play while getting it to a forward rushing up. Takes effort and sacrifice. Tinordi did that all game.

- Bourque played his best game since back. I still think he bobbles the puck compared to the silky smooth guy I used to see with the Flames (no really, he could handle a puck), but he got it deep, forechecked hard, and most of all, HE SCORED! Great finish on that play too. My heart sank when Chucky's deke got picked off, then scramble, then reaction by Habs players

- Ryder has become useless again. All that talk about winning the trade seems so far away now. He better pick it up cuz for a fast team, he looks like he's dragging a hippo. Also can't make any smart plays with the puck ATM to make up for it.

- Much better game by Pleky, but I wonder what Michel Bergeron is thinking. Of course, shot is better than a maybe pass, but it was FINALLY a wide open Gio (who was playing well). Not a biggie, just funny that Pleks actually NEVER passes on 2 on 1s anymore even after being admonished by Bergy.

- I know people will , but I thought Chucky was off. Battled hard, as always, but in terms of execution, thought he had a sub par game in one where he could have dominated. His awareness was also a bit off, like when Subban was rushing up the ice tapping his stick and chucky tried to do a toe drag in front of Buff. Just an example of a bunch of missed passes, flubs (whiffed on a shot), etc. Just pointing it out cuz it's not fair to only point out everyone but the golden child. Gally gets it occasionally, so just being fair.

- It seems we can only score on 5 on 3s. The PP otherwise has too much pressure on Markov and Subban and when they send it to the guy on the halfboards (sooooo predictable), we then just become stagnant. Look at Toronto who goes cross crease for the open man regularly and even 5 on 5. We have no ability to do that. Every team seems to adjust their PK so that it looks identical. Passes into the slot seem pointless - we just don't open up the opposing D. Gotta fix.

- Wanted to shove DD through a wall the whole game for his paaaaathetic passes. So soft, just coughing them up. Then lucky break and well, seems like all of a sudden he played the last 10 minutes much better. Then one of Patch's innocent shots benefitted from Pavelec not giving a **** and so I hope for both their sakes, this means opening a can of goals. Patches had a great game anyway, just no support. I think Gally's (also lucky) goal that exemplified Gretzky's famous quote might also have been a result of a manque de concentration from Pavelec, but whatever, it went in and tied the game.

Just prior to that I was asking my friend when the last time we scored off a shot was (wrister or slapshot from outside the crease and not a Subban blast), the way every NHL team does regularly. Couldn't remember. This one technically counted, but seriously, we need to "snipe" a little more (which really means shoot like NHLers).

- Gorges played well. I've been on his case, but he held himself up to the std he set. PK was dancing towards the end and it's really sad that we don't make the most of these opportunities. He's forced to pass to someone who just can't score and/or they don't give it back to him when he's in great position to score.

- Doesn't seem like we're missing Moen, although I'm sure he'll draw back in at some point. Armdog does a good job of finishing his checks and keeping the puck deep and he's an MT lapdog so it's cool, he'll stay. Lately, Dumont would have been more useful than Ryder - I'm dead serious. That said, when Ryder gets his chances, I think (hope) he'll prove his worth.

---

AC comments:

- WTF is wrong with everyone not caring if we come second? They want to rest everyone and Gauthier being a dick basically saying Markov is a no-compete lazy guy at heart (clearly cuz he's Russian.)

Langdeau was the only one who seemed to get it. He kept prodding everyone about 2nd being better than 4th, which it freaking is, by a LOT! Asking Carbo what he'd rather have and Carbo saying it's better that they be ready for game 1.

Reason?: What if Toronto sends their goons/plays physical on Saturday risking injuring players?
Do they know who we will be playing in a much tougher 7 game series, basically without question, if we do not get an ROW (to be safe and still not a guarantee) on Sat?

So shy away from playing a team cuz they might injure you in one game. Uh, why not avoid them in the first round by lining your cards up for a good possibility that Boston loses to one of Wash/Ott in a back to back???

We must win. If they play physical, just keep a cool head, that's all. Prust, you're no allowed to fight, that's all. Just beat them. Someone made a good point (might have been that dumb dumb head Gauthier) that if they lose to Toronto, it'll leave a bad taste in their mouths - which is true. Oh and also we'll be playing them the next game, and the game after and again, and so on (doubt Boston drops their two).

At least the AC crowd is impressed with Eller and considers him our best center, while considering Pleky a versatile one. They seemed dejected when they found out it was Pacioretty's goal (as if DD did anything on that play).

Just for the tally - Price stole this one for us...

Last edited by habtastic: 04-26-2013 at 10:14 AM.
habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:07 AM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
If Montreal beats Toronto and Ottawa wins twice in regulation, then Montreal plays one of the NY teams.

Toronto can not be lower than 6th.

Ottawa with 2 wins (1 of the wins will be to Boston) will be in 5th.

Montreal with win and 1 Boston regulation loss gives Montreal 2nd place, Boston 4th place.

Pittsburgh - Isles/Rangers
Montreal - Isles/Rangers
Washington - Leafs
Boston - Senators.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
As usual, after a win I don't come to the board right away as a coping mechanism so I'll take a crack at it then go in reverse order seeing what everyone thought until I come to an unreasonable post

- I was defending Boullion prior to the game and while I still think he moved it alright on the PP, I wanted to smash his head in most of the game. On further review, pass was on Cube's skate blade, but still, wtf, was so mad. And the second goal - why do all other teams fill their net with three D in that situation while we just stand around and watch. GET YOUR BODY ON THE GOAL LINE. Not a good game by him at times, but again, I don't know if LJV wouldn't have made more mistakes.

- Price was awesome. I don't think anyone disagrees that this was the Price we remember, even better than in tampa IMO. Hope that it's the way he plays going forward.

- Atta boy Tinner (à la PK)! Keep him in. I'm sure he'll make the odd mistake, but more than makes up for it. On that partial 2 on 1, he not only took the man out, but got his stick in the way to block a pass. On the PK, he got it behind the net and with lots of pressure flipped it out - something our vets fail to do time and time again, rather weakly pushing it to the point and the opposing D man. Physicality was good - exactly the right timing. You can differentiate knowledgeable hockey fans by those who know what it means to take a hit to make the play. Jack Edwards, for e.g., will call any hit on an opposing player monstrous and devastating while that player effectively takes a bruin out of the play while getting it to a forward rushing up. Takes effort and sacrifice. Tinordi did that all game.

- Bourque played his best game since back. I still think he bobbles the puck compared to the silky smooth guy I used to see with the Flames (no really, he could handle a puck), but he got it deep, forechecked hard, and most of all, HE SCORED! Great finish on that play too. My heart sank when Chucky's deke got picked off, then scramble, then reaction by Habs players

- Ryder has become useless again. All that talk about winning the trade seems so far away now. He better pick it up cuz for a fast team, he looks like he's dragging a hippo. Also can't make any smart plays with the puck ATM to make up for it.

- Much better game by Pleky, but I wonder what Michel Bergeron is thinking. Of course, shot is better than a maybe pass, but it was FINALLY a wide open Gio (who was playing well). Not a biggie, just funny that Pleks actually NEVER passes on 2 on 1s anymore even after being admonished by Bergy.

- I know people will , but I thought Chucky was off. Battled hard, as always, but in terms of execution, thought he had a sub par game in one where he could have dominated. His awareness was also a bit off, like when Subban was rushing up the ice tapping his stick and chucky tried to do a toe drag in front of Buff. Just an example of a bunch of missed passes, flubs (whiffed on a shot), etc. Just pointing it out cuz it's not fair to only point out everyone but the golden child. Gally gets it occasionally, so just being fair.

- It seems we can only score on 5 on 3s. The PP otherwise has too much pressure on Markov and Subban and when they send it to the guy on the halfboards (sooooo predictable), we then just become stagnant. Look at Toronto who goes cross crease for the open man regularly and even 5 on 5. We have no ability to do that. Every team seems to adjust their PK so that it looks identical. Passes into the slot seem pointless - we just don't open up the opposing D. Gotta fix.

- Wanted to shove DD through a wall the whole game for his paaaaathetic passes. So soft, just coughing them up. Then lucky break and well, seems like all of a sudden he played the last 10 minutes much better. Then one of Patch's innocent shots benefitted from Pavelec not giving a **** and so I hope for both their sakes, this means opening a can of goals. Patches had a great game anyway, just no support. I think Gally's (also lucky) goal that exemplified Gretzky's famous quote might also have been a result of a manque de concentration from Pavelec, but whatever, it went in and tied the game.

Just prior to that I was asking my friend when the last time we scored off a shot was (wrister or slapshot from outside the crease and not a Subban blast), the way every NHL team does regularly. Couldn't remember. This one technically counted, but seriously, we need to "snipe" a little more (which really means shoot like NHLers).

- Gorges played well. I've been on his case, but he held himself up to the std he set. PK was dancing towards the end and it's really sad that we don't make the most of these opportunities. He's forced to pass to someone who just can't score and/or they don't give it back to him when he's in great position to score.

- Doesn't seem like we're missing Moen, although I'm sure he'll draw back in at some point. Armdog does a good job of finishing his checks and keeping the puck deep and he's an MT lapdog so it's cool, he'll stay. Lately, Dumont would have been more useful than Ryder - I'm dead serious. That said, when Ryder gets his chances, I think (hope) he'll prove his worth.

---

AC comments:

- WTF is wrong with everyone not caring if we come second. They want to rest everyone and Gauthier being a dick basically saying Markov is a no-compete lazy guy at heart (clearly cuz he's Russian.

Langdeau was the only one who seemed to get it. He kept prodding everyone about 2nd being better than 4th, which is freaking is, by a LOT! Asking Carbo what he'd rather have and Carbo saying it's better than they be ready for game 1.

Reason?: What if Toronto sends their goons/plays physical on Saturday risking injuring players?
Do they know who we will be playing in a much tougher 7 game series, basically without question, if we do not get an ROW (to be safe and still not a guarantee) on Sat?

So shy away from playing a team cuz they might injure you in one game. Uh, why not avoid them in the first round by lining your cards up for a good possibility that Boston loses to one of Wash/Ott in a back to back???

We must win. If they play physical, just keep a cool head, that's all. Prust, you're no allowed to fight, that's all. Just beat them. Someone made a good point (might have been that dumb dumb head Gauthier) that if they lose to Toronto, it'll leave a bad taste in their mouths - which is true. Oh and also we'll be playing them the next game, and the game after and again, and so on (doubt Boston drops their two).

At least the AC crowd is impressed with Eller and considers him our best center, while considering Pleky a versatile one. They seemed dejected when they found out it was Pacioretty's goal (as if DD did anything on that play).

Just for the tally - Price stole this one for us...
Perfect post. Couldn't agree more!

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:14 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Just came in to say good job on crushing the Jets.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Exactly what we needed and glad we showed up in the 3rd

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
I'm so embarrassed! I'm so sorry!!! I only looked at your avatar and not your name. I'm an idiot. Never studying late AGAIN!

I just finished my third year of University. I've had those days my friend

Old
04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Price and Subban both had a swag move tonight.

Price with Da Save.
PK smashing his stick, running to the bench and back in time to receive a pass in extremis (shows you the quality of his effort), passes to Markov, clear his spot from the broken stick parts, and then perform a slapshot.

We need a gif of that sequence. Man PK has superswag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurplunk View Post
It was hilarious when I saw the puck getting so close to getting outta the zone and Subban comes flying in to keep it alive. Passes to Markov, clears the broken stick down the ice, and gets off a slapshot all in one sequence.
Was very nice
That was pure awesome! It was even better the way the camera was fixed, with him coming in from off screen. I'm sure all of us were like "OMG NO, broken stick we're screwed, get another one!", then he pulls it off. Has to be on highlight reels on NHL.com with a stupid tagline. BTW, great play by Patch there to hold on to it and make the play until Subban had time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I'm not a DD basher. But just because he scored a goal doesn't mean he played a strong game. I actually thought he was pretty bad tonight. Could not win along the boards. It was always gally or patch retrieving the puck, and then DD passing it to a winnepeg player to kill all momentum of the forecheck. He still made terrible passes on the PP, and seemed ineffective overall besides the 5 on 3.

He did win faceoffs, but not many of them turned into offensive opportunities. I'm glad he scored and hoping he steps his game up because I'm really rooting for him and I was trying to detract the haters at the beginning of the season, but he hasn't made me look very good this year.
I'm not at all mad that he scored, I'm very happy in hopes that it will get him back to his old game. He looked very good after the goal, even...backcheckin. But what DD (haha) said, prior to that he was his usual ineffective self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Congrats, on getting home ice Montreal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumber1Centre View Post
Thank you! Perhaps you give us 2nd place and we give you Toronto? Its a win-win!
Ya, if you could go ahead do that, yaaaaa, that'd be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Eller has more secondary assists than primary and his point totals are increased by having Galchenyuk on his line.
Pfft. Eller is the one who brings the puck up ice, battles really hard cuz he has the frame and sets up a ton of plays. Sometimes the secondary assist is a harder play than the primary just FYI and it goes both ways in terms of Chucky's production. Eller is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Great job on the win guys. Hurts as a Jets fan but I still follow and love the Habs. Bittersweet but I hope this win is what you guys needed to turn it around and go deep this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaf7 View Post
Jets fan here. Congratulations for making the playoffs. Would have loved to see MTS Centre host playoff hockey, the noise and the white out. Team was deflated after 2nd intermission and looked like they just gave up after finding out the news of not making it in.

Good luck to you guys, I feel we both our teams have the top two fan bases in the league.
I'm just glad that it wasn't us who eliminated you (you were beating us at the time you got eliminated). Great fans and I really hope to see playoffs from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Anaheim resting Selanne, Koivu, Getzlaf... are leading 2-0 against the Canucks, outshooting them 24-8.

Maybe we could rest a couple of players too. Especially Markov and Prust.
Ya, we're not Anaheim and they a) haven't had to fix stuff (we still do) and b) don't have to play their bête noire (Toronto). I do realize some guys need a rest, so I would not mind Dumont in for Prust actually, but sadly we can't win this without Markov. I really wouldn't trust Beaulieu to deliver in this game. In for Cube, fine. In for Markov, nah, we need him. Markov looked a little more energetic than last game. I don't know what his recharge meter looks like so does 2 days vs 5 days make a world of a difference? Maybe, probably, but I don't see us winning without him and I still wan't 2nd badly.

Quote:

HEY SHUT UP! They're a different breed I tell ya...
Haha, having moved to Ontario since awhile now, I've met a lot of Habs fans native to the area and they're awesome. Though that's why my sig is written as it is, just for clarification that I'm a gars de chez nous. (Though, again, Ontario Habs fans and I'm sure from elsewhere are terrific!). I think all of us living in Ontario are far more concerned with the Toronto situation than people in MTL. I go home often and most of my friends don't have the same intensity of hatred because they don't have many friends who are leaf fans, haven't been exposed to the circus of leafs fandom, haven't had to spar on a daily basis with them. I can't tell you how many official functions I've been to where in a very important, completely non-hockey-related speech, someone will say "**** the Habs". Then again, whenever I get a chance to speak in a similar situation (given everyone knows my colours), I make sure to return the favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Perfect post. Couldn't agree more!
Much appreciated! Glad that everyone seems to have picked up the same elements from last night. The DD "bashing"/misinterpreting I expect will last a little while longer until we devolve into Price discussions and how it was "only ONE game!". Patofqc seems to have come out of the woodwork, which normally happens when Price wins a game for us. He's our groundhog. That's how you KNOW Price won a game for us

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
JohnLennon

Quote:
I just finished my third year of University. I've had those days my friend
It's even more sad because if I just looked at your name I would've known you're a Habs fan! I'm in my second year of University, but luckily today is my last exam of the semester so I won't berate you anymore! Congrats on finishing University!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Haha, having moved to Ontario since awhile now, I've met a lot of Habs fans native to the area and they're awesome. Though that's why my sig is written as it is, just for clarification that I'm a gars de chez nous. (Though, again, Ontario Habs fans and I'm sure from elsewhere are terrific!). I think all of us living in Ontario are far more concerned with the Toronto situation than people in MTL. I go home often and most of my friends don't have the same intensity of hatred because they don't have many friends who are leaf fans, haven't been exposed to the circus of leafs fandom, haven't had to spar on a daily basis with them. I can't tell you how many official functions I've been to where in a very important, completely non-hockey-related speech, someone will say "**** the Habs". Then again, whenever I get a chance to speak in a similar situation (given everyone knows my colours), I make sure to return the favour.
Do I ever feel for you! Watching every game for the Habs is a stress-affair for me. The playoffs are a borderline heart-attack. If I live in a city FULL of the fans of the team we are currently facing in a 7-game series... I'm not sure I'd make it out alive!

If we play the Leafs, this series will either be extremely painful for you if we lose or euphoric if we win! For your sake, I hope the Habs take it I'm thinking you may want to lock yourself up with fellow Habs fans and resist going out into the real world for the next two weeks