HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congratulations to OUR TEAM ON MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!

Old
04-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Rodrigo
AKA Jose

vCash: 500
Congratulations to OUR TEAM ON MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!

I just want to say congratulations to our OTTAWA SENATORS FOR Clinching a playoff birth! Once again! This was a very successful year 2 of the Rebuild no matter what happens to us in the playoffs! It was a pivotal year for some of our youngsters that we continue to nurture! Last year it was Cowen and Turris! This year it was Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Wiercoich, Lehner etc! Turris and Cowen did magnificent last year! I'm kind of glad in a way Cowen was gone for most of the year cause if he wasn't Wiercoich wouldn't be here! He was phenomenal this year. Who thought he would contribute and score 5 times??? I didn't! He will likely play in the top 4 next year! Zibanejad had a fantastic season and good to see him stay healthy with no neck injuries like last year! He will only get better!! He will take on a much bigger role next year for sure! And Silfverberg! Oh man I don't know where to start! 10 goals is sensational for half a season! He should great poise, awareness, skill, speed and what type of player he really will be! He will step up next year!

Some people I read earlier were mad at Turris for his play this year! But I don't blame him at all! He had alot of pressure to take over for Spezza this year and had to carry a big load. I believe Turris did a fantastic job playing as our number 1! This was a good learning year for him especially taking over for Spezza. He for the longterm will be that playmaking centre we desperately need! And he is perfect for that role! When Spezza is back next year his numbers will improve. But as the years progress Turris will only get better! And will be a dominant centre for years to come. Hey he loves Ottawa thats always good!

Conacher I believe was a HUGE Pickup mid season! He has an incredible future ahead of him for sure. He could very well be inbetween a Briana Gionta and a Derek Roy! And he definitely has potential to be a top 6 forward in this league and compile 20 goals a season and over 50 points and his minor league accolades and stats prove that! And he is a miraculous for having his bladder outside his body and not having a belly button! Having players like this in your lineup always motivates you and should! Glad Murray brought him aboard!

Lehner what can we say about him! He was OUTSTANDING ALL YEAR LONG ESPECIALLY IN THE MINORS!!! He is in a perfect position to learn from one of the best in Craig Anderson! His situation will be similar to what Tukka Rask had to go through in Boston and look how good he became. If Lehner has to back up another year i'm fine with that! Its only a matter of time before he calls the shots and leads this team to glory. Anderson in a year or two could bring us a huge package if he plays like this over a whole year! Teams just love to have a goalie like Craig and Murray will make sure we get back something good and good for him to keep him and dangle Bishop!!

The Murray's did a great job especially at the deadline, Saying they will only acquire younger players including there top prospects like Puempel, Noesen, Ceci etc. Or draft picks! And Kudos to Bryan for saying after the deadline this is a team that we are going to grow with and commit to that plan! GOOD FOR YOU BRYAN! Its only a matter of time before TIM leads the way!!

And great job by the coaching STAFF in Maclean, Cameron, and Reeds! These guys might be one of the top 5 coaching staffs in the league just by looking at what we have accomplished over the last 2 years! ESPECIALLY THIS one with all our top players out most of the year! And its good to have a guy like Paul as our coach, Hes won the cup, hes learned from one of the best in Babcock! He's our guy!

OVERALL IN CLOSING A SUCCESSFUL YEAR for those who are wondering I am actually majoring in JOURNALISM So that's why I like writing these long posts and I am very much excited about the future of OTTAWA SENATORS HOCKEY!!

Rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:38 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Briana Gionta.

Turris had frustrating moments during this season but for sure he did well at times. I mean, we made the playoffs with him as our replacement number 1.

But, full credit this year has to go to goaltending and coaching.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Yokai

vCash: 966
I will admit when Spezza and Karlsson went down I thought we would finish dead last. Way to prove me wrong Ottawa!!!!! Going on a cruise so I will miss the first round. Better make it to the second round! Don't even care who they face at this point. This team did an amazing job this year and can be proud of whatever happens from here on out.

Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Rodrigo
AKA Jose

And looks like we would of made it anyways! The Jets lost to the Habs! I feel bad for the Jets. I wanted them to make the playoffs. But they're future looks bright. They have a lot of draft picks this year! 6 through the first 3 rounds and they have Chevy as there GM. They will be contenders soon! I want them to do well! That city deserves it! Great fan Base!!

Old
04-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Spezza19Karlsson65

Very happy! Excited to go to SBP again to see a playoff game! CONGRATZ SENS!!!!

Spezza19Karlsson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:24 PM
Variable26
Global Matador

Congrats!
Senatorius Maximus - Cupicus Winnicus!

Variable26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:24 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Praise Karlsson.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

Congratulations. Journalism degree you say?

/spelling police

But YAY.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:39 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Jose are you by any chance JoseC?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:40 PM
source

Congratuladions.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:49 PM
MiscBrah

I hate to ruin the party, but I actually prefer Garrioch over the nonsense you just spewed out.

And I ****ing hate Garrioch.

MiscBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Lundmark17

Very proud of this team. I knew this season would be tough once the shortened season was announced. Then Spezza got hurt and then Karlsson and I figured it was over. When Anderson got hurt I just remember feeling so bad for Alfredson in what might be his last season. Somewhere along the way Michalek got injured and other than diehard Sens fans nobody mentions Cowen being out from the get go. Even if the team gets bounced in 4 games making the playoffs is a HUGE accomplishment and learning experience for everyone on the roster. Well done Sens.

Lundmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:22 AM
malcolmedge

When Karlsson went down I remember this board going on suicide watch. I didn't believe the Sens would make it. They proved me wrong.

When the franchise wasn't even born yet this song was their theme song, and it seems to be this teams song too!

Today the Pesky Sens did it. If they get bounced early, it doesn't matter. I am beyond proud of the Sens.

However that being said, lets make some noise in the Playoffs, top seeds beware!

malcolmedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Huge props to what Ben Bishop did for us while Andy was out. I'll never forget how he stepped up for us last season and this season. Great guy. Great tender.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Hutz
Classless User

Well done boys!!!

So, now that it's official, should we start a bandwagon thread for those from less fortunate teams who want to jump on? All aboard, I say!!!

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:52 AM
Stick To Your Guns

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:54 AM
Rodrigo
AKA Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Huge props to what Ben Bishop did for us while Andy was out. I'll never forget how he stepped up for us last season and this season. Great guy. Great tender.
Very True! But someone had to go and no way you give up on Lehner over him! But You nailed it!

I'm hoping Conacher becomes a viable player for us! Especially if Alfie retires someone will have to take his spot! And I don't see Conacher as a stop gab! I see him as full insulation in our top 6 long term!

I'm just not happy how MacLean only gave him 8 minutes of ice last night

Old
04-26-2013, 04:32 AM
cage

Amazing job by the team. I remember feeling just despondent about the sens and the NHL when EK suffered that injury, but these guys kept winning. This last week I was definitely losing hope in the playoffs, but again they won when they needed to. Lol, you just can't count them out. Now they just need to hold on to this 6th spot because I like our chances against the caps.

SO happy to have the playoffs to look forward to when I come back to Canada next week

cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:46 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscBrah View Post
I hate to ruin the party, but I actually prefer Garrioch over the nonsense you just spewed out.

And I ****ing hate Garrioch.
Dick.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:50 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick To Your Guns View Post
Somebody is excited!!!

Great win and it feels good to be back in the playoffs. SC or bust.

bacon25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Clark4Ever

Congrats. An incredible achievement considering the total man games lost to injury this season. Paul Maclean deserves the Jack Adams trophy in my opinion.

I hope our teams can both advance and face each other in the playoffs this season.

Clark4Ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:01 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I just want to say congratulations to our OTTAWA SENATORS FOR Clinching a playoff birth! Once again! This was a very successful year 2 of the Rebuild no matter what happens to us in the playoffs! It was a pivotal year for some of our youngsters that we continue to nurture! Last year it was Cowen and Turris! This year it was Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Wiercoich, Lehner etc! Turris and Cowen did magnificent last year! I'm kind of glad in a way Cowen was gone for most of the year cause if he wasn't Wiercoich wouldn't be here! He was phenomenal this year. Who thought he would contribute and score 5 times??? I didn't! He will likely play in the top 4 next year! Zibanejad had a fantastic season and good to see him stay healthy with no neck injuries like last year! He will only get better!! He will take on a much bigger role next year for sure! And Silfverberg! Oh man I don't know where to start! 10 goals is sensational for half a season! He should great poise, awareness, skill, speed and what type of player he really will be! He will step up next year!

Some people I read earlier were mad at Turris for his play this year! But I don't blame him at all! He had alot of pressure to take over for Spezza this year and had to carry a big load. I believe Turris did a fantastic job playing as our number 1! This was a good learning year for him especially taking over for Spezza. He for the longterm will be that playmaking centre we desperately need! And he is perfect for that role! When Spezza is back next year his numbers will improve. But as the years progress Turris will only get better! And will be a dominant centre for years to come. Hey he loves Ottawa thats always good!

Conacher I believe was a HUGE Pickup mid season! He has an incredible future ahead of him for sure. He could very well be inbetween a Briana Gionta and a Derek Roy! And he definitely has potential to be a top 6 forward in this league and compile 20 goals a season and over 50 points and his minor league accolades and stats prove that! And he is a miraculous for having his bladder outside his body and not having a belly button! Having players like this in your lineup always motivates you and should! Glad Murray brought him aboard!

Lehner what can we say about him! He was OUTSTANDING ALL YEAR LONG ESPECIALLY IN THE MINORS!!! He is in a perfect position to learn from one of the best in Craig Anderson! His situation will be similar to what Tukka Rask had to go through in Boston and look how good he became. If Lehner has to back up another year i'm fine with that! Its only a matter of time before he calls the shots and leads this team to glory. Anderson in a year or two could bring us a huge package if he plays like this over a whole year! Teams just love to have a goalie like Craig and Murray will make sure we get back something good and good for him to keep him and dangle Bishop!!

The Murray's did a great job especially at the deadline, Saying they will only acquire younger players including there top prospects like Puempel, Noesen, Ceci etc. Or draft picks! And Kudos to Bryan for saying after the deadline this is a team that we are going to grow with and commit to that plan! GOOD FOR YOU BRYAN! Its only a matter of time before TIM leads the way!!

And great job by the coaching STAFF in Maclean, Cameron, and Reeds! These guys might be one of the top 5 coaching staffs in the league just by looking at what we have accomplished over the last 2 years! ESPECIALLY THIS one with all our top players out most of the year! And its good to have a guy like Paul as our coach, Hes won the cup, hes learned from one of the best in Babcock! He's our guy!

OVERALL IN CLOSING A SUCCESSFUL YEAR for those who are wondering I am actually majoring in JOURNALISM So that's why I like writing these long posts and I am very much excited about the future of OTTAWA SENATORS HOCKEY!!
LOVE the enthusiasm! But does every sentence require an exclamation point!? It takes the emphasis off of them! Know what I mean?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
And looks like we would of made it anyways! The Jets lost to the Habs! I feel bad for the Jets. I wanted them to make the playoffs. But they're future looks bright. They have a lot of draft picks this year! 6 through the first 3 rounds and they have Chevy as there GM. They will be contenders soon! I want them to do well! That city deserves it! Great fan Base!!
I'd much rather see the Jets in than the Rangers, but meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutz View Post
Well done boys!!!

So, now that it's official, should we start a bandwagon thread for those from less fortunate teams who want to jump on? All aboard, I say!!!
I think we need a Western Conference alliance too. Too bad there won't be a Senapreds alliance this year.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:08 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
Congrats. An incredible achievement considering the total man games lost to injury this season. Paul Maclean deserves the Jack Adams trophy in my opinion.

I hope our teams can both advance and face each other in the playoffs this season.
Thank you, and likewise.

Although likely the only way the Sens and Leafs meet in the playoffs this year is if both get to the conference final, which is pretty unlikely. I will say though that if my team can't make the conference final, I'd love to see a Pens - B's matchup. And in that case, I'm 100% for the Bruins, can't stand the Pens, Cooke, Crosby, etc.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:34 AM
the doctor

So it looks like there's still a chance to play Boston, Montreal, Pittsburgh or Washington in the first round. Anyone but Pittsburgh for me is fine.

the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:53 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
So it looks like there's still a chance to play Boston, Montreal, Pittsburgh or Washington in the first round. Anyone but Pittsburgh for me is fine.
Add Boston to that list. They have owned us.