HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Slovan Bratislava 2012/13 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 08:17 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
The 'gentlemen's agreement' between Lokomotiv (who own his KHL rights) and Slovan is due to last until April 2014, so technically yes, Janus is a Slovan player at the moment.
bold par not true

The hell, did you read statement of KHL on this topic?

Last edited by vorky: 04-01-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old
04-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
No, I don't trust that source

If what you post is true, why do Slovan say on their official press release

"Jaro má s naším mužstvom platnú zmluvu ešte na jednu sezónu do 30.4.2014, samozrejme s dovetkom džentlemanskej dohody s klubom Lokomotiv Jaroslavľ, ktorý nášho súčasného brankára draftoval pre KHL v roku 2009"

Old
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Good advice to you, believe KHL not Slovan´s website.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Mikey09

Martin Skoula signed one year contract with Slovan. Hoping for a new contract for Sigalet and Vondrka.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:58 AM
Mikey09

I heard some rumours about experienced d-man Martin Strbak, enforcer Jan Brejcak, great young and puck moving d-man Marek Daloga and young forward Michael Vandas, they should come to Slovan,one of these d-men have to come for sure, but its just rumour.

On the other side. 23y old center Milan Kytnar should be buyout of his contract, the same case can be Jan Tabacek.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:14 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
I heard some rumours about experienced d-man Martin Strbak, enforcer Jan Brejcak, great young and puck moving d-man Marek Daloga and young forward Michael Vandas, they should come to Slovan,one of these d-men have to come for sure, but its just rumour.

On the other side. 23y old center Milan Kytnar should be buyout of his contract, the same case can be Jan Tabacek.
Vandas - great
Brejcak and Daloga - ok
Strbak - Why? he is 38! give the oportunity to some younger player.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Tatanik

Wow, buying out Tabacek? I know he didn't set the world alight, but he was pretty good this year, especially as a depth defenceman.

I guess if they're spending more money this year though, then you can see the likes of Tabacek having to make way though

Old
04-25-2013, 04:51 AM
DonCorleone
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Strbak - Why? he is 38! give the oportunity to some younger player.
Not heard about Strbak, but if your informations are correct, i can offer one season ticket for sale.

Another rumours:
- Marcel Haščák from HC Košice (negotiations with KHL team confirmed by the player)

Old
04-25-2013, 04:51 AM
Faterson

Tabaček was good in many games, but also erratic in a number of games.

It does not look like Slovan has much money. They continue collecting Lev castaways (Škoula). And it looks like they will let their best forward from last season go away (Vondrka). Not enough money left for Vondrka?

Oh, and they raised season ticket prices to about 150%-200%. Still not enough money, apparently.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:01 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Guys, do you have any idea what KHL is preparing for next season? I say you, budget of 15 mil euro is not enough for next season.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:02 AM
DonCorleone
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Tabaček was good in many games, but also erratic in a number of games.

It does not look like Slovan has much money. They continue collecting Lev castaways (Škoula). And it looks like they will let their best forward from last season go away (Vondrka). Not enough money left for Vondrka?

Oh, and they raised season ticket prices to about 150%-200%. Still not enough money, apparently.
Vondrka is still in talks.. In Tuesday in interview for Slovan website he confirmed that he has contract offer from Slovan.
Full interview with Vondrka..

I heard another three rumours but not comfirmed yet

Last edited by DonCorleone: 04-25-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old
04-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Vondrka is still in talks...
OK. I hope they can somehow retain him. Judging by the way he was waving to the crowd after the last play-off game against Dinamo, making an extra (small) round on the ice, it looked to me like he was saying farewell.

I think Slovan management should have prolonged their best forward's contract even before the season was over, before the play-offs started. (Though I realize there must be 2 sides to each agreement.)

Old
04-25-2013, 05:29 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

It is weird with Vondrka. As DonCorleone wrote, Vondrka received offer from Slovan. Why did not he sign it? You know, he becomes UFA at May 1st, he can sign with every KHL clubs. On the other hand, he can prolong contract with Slovan during april. So, if he was satisfied with Slovan´s offer, he would have no problem to sign it during april.... he did not do that, to be fair, he has a few days to do it. All in all, he is leaving or wanting more money from Slovan...

Old
04-25-2013, 05:38 AM
Faterson

Yes, and why should he not want more money, having been Slovan's best forward last season?

But Slovan management strike me as misers, always wanting to sign the less expensive players, if possible. See the failed Svatoš signing -- the main reason why they did it, was because it was cheap. They've now done it again with Škoula. Vondrka won't be cheap, nor should he be.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:52 AM
DonCorleone
Rookie User

Faterson, I understand your point, but it not always possible. You must also consider that there are many good free agents after this season and if you offer "blockbuster" deal to one player you can't sign another additions, sometimes is good to talk about it longer...

Based on what I heard from my friend in management, Slovan is looking to sign two Slovak players from AHL and one player from Czech Extraliga (which are not already mentioned in this thread ).

Also Handzuš is an option, because his career in NHL probably ends after this season.

Quote:
It is weird with Vondrka. As DonCorleone wrote, Vondrka received offer from Slovan. Why did not he sign it? You know, he becomes UFA at May 1st, he can sign with every KHL clubs. On the other hand, he can prolong contract with Slovan during april. So, if he was satisfied with Slovan´s offer, he would have no problem to sign it during april.... he did not do that, to be fair, he has a few days to do it. All in all, he is leaving or wanting more money from Slovan...
I do not see it so tragically, Slovan operates with higher budget than in first season.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:56 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Yes, and why should he not want more money, having been Slovan's best forward last season?
agree, he can ask for 1,5-3 mil. USD, no problem for me.

I just dont understand one thing. Vondrka was signed last summer as 1st liner. Why did Slovan sign him only for one season, not two? If Slovan knew that he will be UFA after 12/13 and can left for free? Or can ask much more money from Slovan for prolongation of contract? I would say GM of Slovan failed it this case.. but he sign many players for 3-4 seasons, and now he wants to buy out contracts??? Wow

Btw, Traktor Chelyabinsk sold players rights to Dadonov/Burdasov to Donbass/SKA for 2,7 mil. euro last summer. Just to compare to NHL-IIHF transfer deal.

Quote:
But Slovan management strike me as misers, always wanting to sign the less expensive players, if possible. See the failed Svatoš signing -- the main reason why they did it, was because it was cheap. They've now done it again with Škoula. Vondrka won't be cheap, nor should he be.
Slovan must understand that they dont play slovak league anymore. They can not sign only cheap players, but one or two stars with salary above 2-3 mil USD/season. If they dont have money, so it is their problem. They can sell club to someone else.

If my sources are correct, club needs 15 mil euro for next season as minimum (this season it was 10-12 mil. euro), and within a few year will be minimum 20-25 mil.euro.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:00 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I do not see it so tragically, Slovan operates with higher budget than in first season.
That is good, as I said, club can not operate with less than 15 mil.euro next season if wants to be competitive.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:01 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Also Handzuš is an option, because his career in NHL probably ends after this season.
Handzuš was the 2nd star of the game last night, recording 3 assists. As soon as the Blackhawks put him on a line with Kane and Sharp, with 14+ minutes of ice-time, he became productive. The same thing happened with Handzuš last year at the World Championships, where he played on the Slovak 1st or 2nd line, and he was great -- great passes, just like last night in Edmonton. I'm not surprised his production was close to zero on the Sharks where they stuck him on the 4th line with 9 minutes to play per game.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Tatanik

I think that because Slovan overachieved last year thanks to a combination of luck and some great play by Janus et al, that the management will once again try and scrimp and spend as little as possible and scrape into the playoffs again.

However, I think that Slovan could be found out this year, and the team will end up in a scrap at the bottom of the table. From interactions I have had in the past, I feel that it would take the team finishing close of the bottom of the table for the club to realise that the actually have to put money down if they want to be successful in the KHL.

@Vorky, to be fair, I can see why Slovan only offered a one year contract to Vondrka going into the season, as he could be one of those players (like Martin Ruzicka) who really excel in the different style of the Czech Extraliga, but struggle in a more defensive league like the KHL. For example, Vondrka was pretty damn bad for Karpat in the SM-Liiga before he returned to Slavia. Would you offer a 2+ year contract to a 29 year old who has only played four months out of his homeland and was released after that?

I'll be honest, I am not optimistic going into this season, as for example, I've seen no results of any attempts to get bigger sponsors into the club, which is an issue which I raised at the start of last year. For example, Lev has Gazprom, Skoda, CKD etc. as sponsors? Who do Slovan have? Tatravagonka Poprad? I can't see how, considering the amount of businesses that have set up factories in Slovakia (especially in the auto trade), that they haven't been able to secure something.

I'm not expecting Slovan to be challenging SKA and CSKA in terms of spending, and also performances, but they do have to realise that in order to be competitive, they have to start flashing the cash one way or another. Lev's castoffs won't cut it.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
@Vorky, to be fair, I can see why Slovan only offered a one year contract to Vondrka going into the season, as he could be one of those players (like Martin Ruzicka) who really excel in the different style of the Czech Extraliga, but struggle in a more defensive league like the KHL. For example, Vondrka was pretty damn bad for Karpat in the SM-Liiga before he returned to Slavia. Would you offer a 2+ year contract to a 29 year old who has only played four months out of his homeland and was released after that?

I'll be honest, I am not optimistic going into this season, as for example, I've seen no results of any attempts to get bigger sponsors into the club, which is an issue which I raised at the start of last year. For example, Lev has Gazprom, Skoda, CKD etc. as sponsors? Who do Slovan have? Tatravagonka Poprad? I can't see how, considering the amount of businesses that have set up factories in Slovakia (especially in the auto trade), that they haven't been able to secure something.
I dont know what to say you. Only one thing comes to mind, but sometimes is better to say nothing.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:47 AM
DonCorleone
Rookie User

@vorky, information about contracts buy out are pure speculation, because Slovan fans waited more points from Kytnar but most of them forgot that he is defensive center. I think he played his role at solid level, and only reason for his buy out I see is new better defensive center (as I mention it in my previous post, for example speculation about Handzuš is very popular...)

Quote:
Handzuš was the 2nd star of the game last night, recording 3 assists. As soon as the Blackhawks put him on a line with Kane and Sharp, with 14+ minutes of ice-time, he became productive. The same thing happened with Handzuš last year at the World Championships, where he played on the Slovak 1st or 2nd line, and he was great -- great passes, just like last night in Edmonton. I'm not surprised his production was close to zero on the Sharks where they stuck him on the 4th line with 9 minutes to play per game.
I know about his last game, but it is just one game.. He is still 36 old defensive center, with $5 million contract, around 20 points / season in stats and solid face offs. That just not enought to play bigger role in NHL team.

He played in second line only because Bolland is injured and I think his contact extension with Chicago is very unlikely. If he will sign contract in NHL, his role will be only in bottom six...

I my opinion he will play in KHL next season (I am not saying that in the Slovan)..

Old
04-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I dont know what to say you. Only one thing comes to mind, but sometimes is better to say nothing.
Ah, your old passion for speaking in incomprehensible riddles and innuendo is back...

Old
04-25-2013, 06:58 AM
DonCorleone
Rookie User

Quote:
Who do Slovan have? Tatravagonka Poprad? I can't see how, considering the amount of businesses that have set up factories in Slovakia (especially in the auto trade), that they haven't been able to secure something.
Who said that Slovak team must be sponsored by Slovak sponsor? Your question has very short answer: Sogaz.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Mikey09

Yeah, Handzus is an option, the best option for us. Sigalet must be re-signed.
Tabacek was horrible last season! Dont want see him again in Slovan. Kytnar is good defensive center, but it looks like Marek Viedensky can come. 2 players from AHL? Viedensky and who? Valabik? Cajkovsky?

Old
04-26-2013, 02:30 AM
DonCorleone
Rookie User

There are only 7 Slovak players in AHL, only 3 of them will be UFA this season (Viedensky, Valabik, Tatar). It is very unlikely that Slovan can sign Tatar ..

Closed Thread