HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi recalled early to meet with team in WPG

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2013, 10:59 PM
  #176
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
I really think we should try this next year :

Subban-Tinordi
Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Gorges

PP1 : Subban-Markov
PP2: Diaz-Emelin

PK1 : Subban-Gorges
PK2 : Tinordi - Emelin
It is gonna be something like that. Maybe MB will add a tough D but only to switch with Bouillon as 7th D depending on the game but it most probably will be how you listed it.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:01 PM
  #177
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Nah, they could dress Moen and have him challenge someone with 30 seconds left.
And no one will mind if Moen is injured, since Army is better anyway.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:14 PM
  #178
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,630
vCash: 500
Would like to see how different we are to play against with:

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Diaz

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:23 PM
  #179
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,007
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Would like to see how different we are to play against with:

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Diaz
Night and day compared to the crap we've been watching the past couple weeks.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:26 PM
  #180
axman88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Anyone else feel some similarities between Jared Tinordi and Ryan Obyrne?

Tinordi has a lot more potential than Obyrne but I believe the habs drafted them both to play similar style... Big shutdown d-man who can chip in offensively.

Obyrne unfortunately didn't pan out here....seemed to be running around in his own zone and his hitting was terrible....he would do what Subban does....line up for the big hip check....unfortunately his timing was usually off and either he'd miss the guy or catch the tail end of the hit!

Anyways, here's hoping that Tinordi develops into the player that we are hoping he can be!

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:30 PM
  #181
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Anyone else feel some similarities between Jared Tinordi and Ryan Obyrne?

Tinordi has a lot more potential than Obyrne but I believe the habs drafted them both to play similar style... Big shutdown d-man who can chip in offensively.

Obyrne unfortunately didn't pan out here....seemed to be running around in his own zone and his hitting was terrible....he would do what Subban does....line up for the big hip check....unfortunately his timing was usually off and either he'd miss the guy or catch the tail end of the hit!

Anyways, here's hoping that Tinordi develops into the player that we are hoping he can be!
None at all except height....

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:33 PM
  #182
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Anyone else feel some similarities between Jared Tinordi and Ryan Obyrne?

Tinordi has a lot more potential than Obyrne but I believe the habs drafted them both to play similar style... Big shutdown d-man who can chip in offensively.

Obyrne unfortunately didn't pan out here....seemed to be running around in his own zone and his hitting was terrible....he would do what Subban does....line up for the big hip check....unfortunately his timing was usually off and either he'd miss the guy or catch the tail end of the hit!

Anyways, here's hoping that Tinordi develops into the player that we are hoping he can be!
No
Nooo

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:45 PM
  #183
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,276
vCash: 50
I thought Drewiske was pretty solid on his off side.

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Tinordi-Drewiske

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:45 PM
  #184
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Anyone else feel some similarities between Jared Tinordi and Ryan Obyrne?

Tinordi has a lot more potential than Obyrne but I believe the habs drafted them both to play similar style... Big shutdown d-man who can chip in offensively.

Obyrne unfortunately didn't pan out here....seemed to be running around in his own zone and his hitting was terrible....he would do what Subban does....line up for the big hip check....unfortunately his timing was usually off and either he'd miss the guy or catch the tail end of the hit!

Anyways, here's hoping that Tinordi develops into the player that we are hoping he can be!
No. I actually see comparisons between Tinordi and early Komisarek. Big, heavy guys (Tinordi will be heavier) who can throw their weight around. Good defensively, positionally, but without much offensive output/potential.

From what I've read, it seems that Tinordi has a bigger mean streak, but I remember Komisarek laying some HEAVY hits in his first years. Komisaurus anyone? I just hope Tinordi doesn't get his face smashed by a Bruins like Komisarek did... it killed the rest of his career.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:46 PM
  #185
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
No. I actually see comparisons between Tinordi and early Komisarek. Big, heavy guys (Tinordi will be heavier) who can throw their weight around. Good defensively, positionally, but without much offensive output/potential.

From what I've read, it seems that Tinordi has a bigger mean streak, but I remember Komisarek laying some HEAVY hits in his first years. Komisaurus anyone? I just hope Tinordi doesn't get his face smashed by a Bruins like Komisarek did... it killed the rest of his career.
Tinordi is way more mobile for his size then Komi and Tinordi has some untapped offensive potential.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 11:52 PM
  #186
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Tinordi is way more mobile for his size then Komi and Tinordi has some untapped offensive potential.
I agree Tinordi is way, WAY more mobile.

I'm not so sure about the offense though. While I agree I saw him make some very nice passes cross-ice and take some nice, hard shots... reality is, he has never been an offensive force before. I doubt that changes in the NHL. If anything, I'd be very happy with a 20 points season from him...

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:04 AM
  #187
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I agree Tinordi is way, WAY more mobile.

I'm not so sure about the offense though. While I agree I saw him make some very nice passes cross-ice and take some nice, hard shots... reality is, he has never been an offensive force before. I doubt that changes in the NHL. If anything, I'd be very happy with a 20 points season from him...

Well Komi never had a 20 points season and I think it will be pretty much Tinordi's average. He's much more competent on the offensive blueline than Komi ever was.

He made some very good plays tonight. His shot is kinda weak right now but he puts it on net everytime and it creates chances for deflections and rebounds. And I'm not even mentioning his nice break-out pass to Eller for Gallagher's goal. I think he will have between 25 and 30 points a season for most of his career. It might take a few seasons before he gets there though as he still has some filling out to do, his shot should be better then.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:15 AM
  #188
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 50
Tinordi is exactly what this team needs to be a powerhouse, once he matures both physically and mentally this man will be elite talent in the league. I just hope he improves not only his defensive skills but also his offensive vision, remember that Chara only started to be good offensively after he left the Islanders.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
  #189
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Tinordi is exactly what this team needs to be a powerhouse, once he matures both physically and mentally this man will be elite talent in the league. I just hope he improves not only his defensive skills but also his offensive vision, remember that Chara only started to be good offensively after he left the Islanders.
Wow crazy comparison , only time will tell if he will ever reach anywhere close to Chara.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:23 AM
  #190
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
As I've been saying since day 1 with this guy, he's a beast.

Imagine him in 3-4 years.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:44 AM
  #191
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Well Komi never had a 20 points season and I think it will be pretty much Tinordi's average. He's much more competent on the offensive blueline than Komi ever was.

He made some very good plays tonight. His shot is kinda weak right now but he puts it on net everytime and it creates chances for deflections and rebounds. And I'm not even mentioning his nice break-out pass to Eller for Gallagher's goal. I think he will have between 25 and 30 points a season for most of his career. It might take a few seasons before he gets there though as he still has some filling out to do, his shot should be better then.
I would be ecstatic if he became a 25-30 points guy, but he's never gotten there in junior, ushl, ahl or anywhere else. Again, what makes you believe he will suddenly explode in the NHL against better players and goalies?

I guess my point is don't set your expectations too high, otherwise you'll be disappointed...

At this point its even laughable to even mention Chara in the same sentence.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:10 AM
  #192
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I would be ecstatic if he became a 25-30 points guy, but he's never gotten there in junior, ushl, ahl or anywhere else. Again, what makes you believe he will suddenly explode in the NHL against better players and goalies?

I guess my point is don't set your expectations too high, otherwise you'll be disappointed...

At this point its even laughable to even mention Chara in the same sentence.
Chara gained the most of points on the PP. Tinordi won't ever play the PP, but for a defensive D, his O is actually quite underrated. 20-30 points a year is very realistic/possible. And that would be 5 on 5.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:24 AM
  #193
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
Now that we have tinordi in the lineup..What a game for him against the jets!!

What about nathan beaulieu pushing bouillon out of the starting lineup?

Or at least against the laffs, gives us a chance to sit markov for some much needed rest.


We may need beaulieu at some point in the playoffs, so giving him another start would be good no? Markov dont need to play against the laffs and risk injury in a not so important game. (granted 2nd in the conference would be nice) but i would rather have a rested team going in than another possible injury to an important player as the laffs always like to injure our canadiens with their goons.

Next year we will have a strong D corps for sure..

Subban Tinordi
Markov Emelin
Diaz Gorges

Beaulieu Bouillon

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:09 AM
  #194
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I would be ecstatic if he became a 25-30 points guy, but he's never gotten there in junior, ushl, ahl or anywhere else. Again, what makes you believe he will suddenly explode in the NHL against better players and goalies?

I guess my point is don't set your expectations too high, otherwise you'll be disappointed...

At this point its even laughable to even mention Chara in the same sentence.
Knowing when to shoot, getting shots through, keeping pucks in, pinching, shooting in general. He has a knack for doing these "offensive" things that guys like Gorges, Bouillon, etc cannot seem to figure out. If anything, he could be a slightly more offensively gifted Rob Scuderi. Perhaps a more consistent 15 points per season or he could actually reach 20 points.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:29 AM
  #195
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Underrated offensive instincts.
Beautiful soft breakout pass to Eller on the Gallagher goal.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 05:25 AM
  #196
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Wasn't a fan of his selection, but, I'm becoming a believer. I thought he would struggle to a 5h-6th dman, I think he's already proven me wrong here. He might not be aa top 5th or 6th dman atm, but he's certainly proven that he will be a very capable NHL defender. It's limited sample for sure, but he hasn't looked out of place and actually performed better than some vets in his limited time.

Realistically, he could probably eventually play on a top pair with someone like Subban carrying the bulk of the load, but his skill set will most likely be more suited for 2nd pairing minutes, a good, solid number 3 or 4.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:14 AM
  #197
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Wasn't a fan of his selection, but, I'm becoming a believer. I thought he would struggle to a 5h-6th dman, I think he's already proven me wrong here. He might not be aa top 5th or 6th dman atm, but he's certainly proven that he will be a very capable NHL defender. It's limited sample for sure, but he hasn't looked out of place and actually performed better than some vets in his limited time.

Realistically, he could probably eventually play on a top pair with someone like Subban carrying the bulk of the load, but his skill set will most likely be more suited for 2nd pairing minutes, a good, solid number 3 or 4.
I'm surprised anyone was low on Tinordi after his World Juniors. Sure USA were crap but he stood out as the best player on his team which included a few guys in the NHL now in Coyle, Saad, Watson, Miller, Zucker and Etem. He also outplayed defensively prospects who at the time people were saying were better than him in Forbort and Merrill.

I know one tournament isn't a whole lot, but best on best in his age group and he looked like one of the best defenders in the tournament. Followed it with leading the OHL in +/- as a shutdown defenseman. Not much else you can ask of him, elevated his offensive game in the playoffs and led his team to winning the OHL playoffs. People should have been more worried about Beaulieu than Tinordi as he was putrid at the world juniors. Although partly due to the fact that they brought him to QB the PP and didn't give him any PP time.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:16 AM
  #198
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,216
vCash: 50
Looked great last night and likely just earned himself a spot for the start of the playoffs.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:04 AM
  #199
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Tinordi is exactly what this team needs to be a powerhouse, once he matures both physically and mentally this man will be elite talent in the league. I just hope he improves not only his defensive skills but also his offensive vision, remember that Chara only started to be good offensively after he left the Islanders.
I felt he was a year away this year. I don't see why he can't start next year. I also didn't understand why Beaulieu was chosen over him. I guess it was to improve the 2nd PP waive, but Tinordi is just the more solid dman at this point. His size deff helps and he's not soft. Hope he continues his good play.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:34 AM
  #200
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,270
vCash: 500
Tin looked good just what we need right now. I don't get why some people seem to assume that size and passing are inversely related, Emelin has a pretty good first pass and so does Tin from what I've seen. If anything size allows these guys to not rush the pass against an aggressive forecheck.

Anyway as I mentioned would not be surprised if leaf thugs Mclaren or Orr challenge him tomorrow but I'm not worried about Tin's play it fits!

Go Habs Go !!!


Last edited by JLP: 04-26-2013 at 07:47 AM.
JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.