HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL | 2013 Part V

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
He was though. The entire hockey world was minutes away from bashing crosby for years for not showing up. Then he scored the only goal that matters.

That's great, i'm a patriot and proud canadian. Crosby saved our ass. That said, one goal does not redeem him for disappearing the rest of the tournament. He scored 3a against norway (congrats!), 1g against the swiss (important), 1g against the yanks (insurance), 1g against the germans (insignificant), NOTHING against the russians (thankfully we didnt need him), NOTHING against the slovaks (thankfully we didnt need him), and then the OT winner vs the yanks.

He had a bad tournament. He should've been much better, but he disappeared in the games that mattered. Yet, he is praised across the country because he scored the one goal that mattered the most. So yeah, hate.
You're right, he was invisible. It's still hilariously ridiculous to hate a guy because he had an average Olympic tourney.

Talking about invisible in the tournament, Martin Brodeur shat the bed and so did Joe Thornton. Do you ''hate'' them too?

Seems to me that you, and many of his haters, have no good reason too hate on him, you just don't like the exposure and the praise he gets. Basically, you hate him because he's the best player in the world and that the media is all about Crosby. How is that his fault? Hate the media, not the player.

And would also love to know how he behaves and what makes you hate that said behaviour. Does he go around saying he a big deal and acts like he's the ****?

Edit: Thinking about it.. I shouldn't be surprised. Same thing happens to Lebron James, Tom Brady, etc.. Notice the trend.

Last edited by Emerica: 04-25-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old
04-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
You're right, he was invisible. It's still hilariously ridiculous to hate a guy because he had an average Olympic tourney.

Talking about invisible in the tournament, Martin Brodeur shat the bed and so did Joe Thornton. Do you ''hate'' them too?

Seems to me that you, and many of his haters, have no good reason too hate on him, you just don't like the exposure and the praise he gets. Basically, you hate him because he's the best player in the world and that the media is all about Crosby. How is that his fault? Hate the media, not the player.

And would also love to know how he behaves and what makes you hate that said behaviour. Does he go around saying he a big deal and acts like he's the ****?
I blame the Flyers. They started this whole "Crybaby Sid" thing in the media (pretty ironic there), and then anyone was sick of media talking about Crosby hopped on that bandwagon. I'll admit he did whine a lot, but now, he's no different than any other star player.

Sid talks to the refs just as much as Alfie does. The difference is that people perceive one as leadership and the other as whining. You wanna talk about embellishment? So do Alfie (a lot) and Karlsson. I'm not afraid to admit that because unlike others, I'm not a total homer.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:49 PM
MiscBrah

I hate crosby's sneer, I hate his smile, I hate how he complains after every whistle, I hate how he gets favorable treatment, I hate how he acts tough and then gets the league to change the rules when he gets hurt, I hate how he gets hurt and then comes back and is the same ****** he always was and then gets hurt again, I hate how he dives, I hate how he plays dirty, I hate how he gets phantom assists, I hate how he acts in interviews, I hate the team he plays on, I hate how he gets so much attention, I hate matt cooke.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:51 PM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post

Edit: Thinking about it.. I shouldn't be surprised. Same thing happens to Lebron James, Tom Brady, etc.. Notice the trend.
Yet it's weird how other players can achieve success and not be hated? Notice the trend? The guy's that act like douches everyone hates, the guys that don't everyone loves.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscBrah View Post
I hate crosby's sneer, I hate his smile, I hate how he complains after every whistle, I hate how he gets favorable treatment, I hate how he acts tough and then gets the league to change the rules when he gets hurt, I hate how he gets hurt and then comes back and is the same ****** he always was and then gets hurt again, I hate how he dives, I hate how he plays dirty, I hate how he gets phantom assists, I hate how he acts in interviews, I hate the team he plays on, I hate how he gets so much attention, I hate matt cooke.
Now, that's dedication to hating.

I laughed.

EDIT: I can proudly say I've never hated a player in my life, and nor do I plan on hating on one. I dislike Kadri and Subban, but I will never discredit their talent (or make up stuff about them) just to justify my dislike towards them.

Last edited by Novak Djokovic: 04-25-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old
04-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscBrah View Post
Great arguments you have there, brah. You helped me realize how much of a ****** Crosby is.

I also hate how he breathes. I hate how he has two legs. I hate how his sweat drips down his face after practice. I hate how he looks at those reporters when he responds to their questions. I hate how he chose #87. I hate how he smiles when he's happy.

What a ****ing ******.

Old
04-25-2013, 07:21 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
1-0 jets

Old
04-25-2013, 07:37 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Iginla did all the work on that goal. I have way more respect for him than I'll ever have for Crosby.

04-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
1-0 jets
I'm fine with a Jets win, as long as it coincides with a Rangers/Islanders loss.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Actually I'd rather the Rangers lose and the Jets win...

Old
04-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Actually I'd rather the Rangers lose and the Jets win...
Agreed. That would be ideal, if we win.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Rangers tie it.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Isles lose.

Huge if Ottawa can take advantage.

Old
04-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Rangers win in OT.

EDIT: Jets are almost done.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

Freaking Ellis. The Canes had that game.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Manked's Magical Monitoring Machine for Management of Playoff Positioning.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
playasRus

Let's be real, I expect no less than Sid to dominate next Olympic. He was just getting his feet wet that year. Imagine if they'd taken him back in 2006. He'd have killed it in 2010.

His second run to the SCF showed how much experience helps a player.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
starling

Jets: emergency tanking mode ON

Old
04-25-2013, 10:19 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Feel bad for the Jets... Happy for Columbus! Still a chance!

Old
04-26-2013, 02:43 AM
burf

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Jets: emergency tanking mode ON
That was their last game of the season

Old
04-26-2013, 04:53 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Florida has a -61 goal differential... MINUS SIXTY ONE!

That's almost double the next worst team.

... Ridiculous.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:24 AM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Florida has a -61 goal differential... MINUS SIXTY ONE!

That's almost double the next worst team.

... Ridiculous.
Sad part is Ottawa only has four more goals than Florida. Thank god for the Senators' goaltending this season. Works out for Florida that the #1 prospect is a stud defenseman I guess.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Sad part is Ottawa only has four more goals than Florida. Thank god for the Senators' goaltending this season. Works out for Florida that the #1 prospect is a stud defenseman I guess.
A young Core of Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Jones, Howden, Bjugstad, Shore and Kulikov and Markstrom is something Panther fans can look forward to.

Edit: Forgot Kulikov

Last edited by Pilgore88: 04-26-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

The hate for Crosby is ridiculous. He will go down as one of the all-time greats.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Cowen Time

Ok, I'm being good and not going to the Leafs Kessel thread(s) and congratulating him on having almost as many goals as Tlusty!

Closed Thread