HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stay Positive: We Are Crapping Just In Time!

Old
04-21-2013, 07:19 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
1-1-1 is not a good record...
our D is worn out already , and it is obvious we are getting pushed around as a team , luckily it isnt 82 games

dont undertand how Tinordi isnt playing on this team

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 07:36 AM
jrk

The only positive aspect lately is that we are making the playoff. As for how they are going to play in the playoff, I am convince that it won't be the way it is now.

In 1992-1993, the year we won the cup, the team finished 4-6 and had lost 5 of there last 7 games. The only difference now is that we are loosing by alot everytime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992%E2...Regular_season

jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:01 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Let's face it things have been way too rosey and the Habs were making it all look way too easy. They are not a top tier team that can simply roll through the season with W's and carry it over into the playoffs.

Contrary to popular opinion, I think LOSING right now is absolutely the BEST thing possible if this team has hope for any chance of success come playoff time.

I can't count how many times I've read ''We're falling apart right before the playoffs at the worst possible moment''. WRONG! The playoffs are in TWO WEEKS.

If I were a Leafs fan I'd be a lot more worried seeing my team get hot... You know what's going to happen? They're going to run out of gas. They're not that good and once they start losing, confidence will hit rock bottom like it is to our team right now.

The only teams that can remain ''hot'' and carry it over in the playoffs are top tier teams and that the Leafs are not (and neither are we). So bring them on. We're prepared.

BOOK THIS: Price will regain his confidence and the team's morale will only benefit from this slump. It will bring the team closer together. It's almost like they know they've been playing way over expectations and are getting the losses out of the way so they can resume the ''underdog'' role that they initially had starting the season.

Anyways, this post is all over the place but my "gut'' is telling me is losing NOW is the best thing that can happen. If you don't agree with this outlook carry on with your crying, I'll just bump this thread when we make it out of the 1st round.
I applaud your hopefulness, but I think you are setting yourself up for a major letdown.
Soft Habs with no stud scorer, soft defense, and shaky goalie is not a recipe for success my friend.
Be glad season is only 48 games. In 82, we don't make playoffs.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:18 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I applaud your hopefulness, but I think you are setting yourself up for a major letdown.
Soft Habs with no stud scorer, soft defense, and shaky goalie is not a recipe for success my friend.
Be glad season is only 48 games. In 82, we don't make playoffs.
In 82 we finnish 13th not quite 15th the way we are playing is the same thng we saw all last season.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:26 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
In 82 we finnish 13th not quite 15th the way we are playing is the same thng we saw all last season.
I agree - this year Habs are evolving back to last year's Habs.

Same formula - no grit, not muscle, small fast forwards getting mugged, lose all fights, inconsistent goaltending, and an even smaller defense.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:08 AM
coolasprICE

I know, it's only 1 win. But, could, I, just, be, right, about, this?

I'm a huge believer in the importance of getting hot at the right time, ESPECIALLY with a league built with as much parity as the NHL... MOMENTUM is more often the difference maker than not from 3 to 8,

I predicted the Leafs will fizzle out and the Habs will get hot right in time.

Let's see how this ends up.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:48 AM
JohnLennon

Quote:

I'm a huge believer in the importance of getting hot at the right time, ESPECIALLY with a league built with as much parity as the NHL... MOMENTUM is more often the difference maker than not from 3 to 8,

I agree with you. If there was any time to go through a slump, the best time would be right ahead of the playoffs. That way, we could fight through our issues and go into the playoffs with a vengeance. After all, looking at the history of Stanley Cup teams, many of them went through a slump before the playoffs started!

I'm hoping this is a good sign for the Habs and remain optimistic for our playoff chances.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:50 AM
McNuts

Habs will pull a 93 in the first round and come back 0-2 to 4-2 vs the Leafs, book it

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Lshap

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I agree with you. If there was any time to go through a slump, the best time would be right ahead of the playoffs. That way, we could fight through our issues and go into the playoffs with a vengeance. After all, looking at the history of Stanley Cup teams, many of them went through a slump before the playoffs started!

I'm hoping this is a good sign for the Habs and remain optimistic for our playoff chances.
You know what? I think I'll jump onto the optimism bandwagon with you guys! What the hell - even if you're totally wrong, it's more fun hangin' with naive and cheerful people than naive and crabby people.

And you do have a point. I've noticed a couple of things about the Habs' post-clinching games:

1) Much less net-crashing. Aside from a couple of dirty goals, the Habs have avoided the in-close scrambling and banging that worked so well for them during the first half. Even Gallagher hasn't been as suicidal as before. Instead, they've fallen back to previous seasons' style of low-percentage shooting from farther out. This is an easy fix (Therrien: "I want you guys on top of their %$#@ goalie like a horny 15-year-old or else you're &%$#* benched!!") and could very likely have been a conscious strategy to avoid injury-risk situations.

2) A ton of defensive mental mistakes and giveaways. I'm convinced Subban's head is elsewhere - he's been screwing up often. Diaz is slowly getting back his vision and execution. Markov and Bouillon lack intensity. Even Plekanec created a needless icing last night that resulted in the Jets second goal. Bottom line: Mental issues have cost us goals and games, but mental issues clear up as quickly and as unexpectedly as they show up.

On one level, it sounds like I'm saying the Habs planned this slump and, y'know, weren't really trying anyway. Pretty lame excuse. But look past the furious skating and you'll see a team that genuinely looks like it's pacing itself physically, steering clear of battles around the net and not as focused around their own net. This is not the team we saw for the first 40 games, but I refuse to toss away those 40 games and put all my belief in the previous five losses. It's a slump. Slumps mean you're not supposed to play well. Mission accomplished. Move on.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:36 AM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
You know what? I think I'll jump onto the optimism bandwagon with you guys! What the hell - even if you're totally wrong, it's more fun hangin' with naive and cheerful people than naive and crabby people.

And you do have a point. I've noticed a couple of things about the Habs' post-clinching games:

1) Much less net-crashing. Aside from a couple of dirty goals, the Habs have avoided the in-close scrambling and banging that worked so well for them during the first half. Even Gallagher hasn't been as suicidal as before. Instead, they've fallen back to previous seasons' style of low-percentage shooting from farther out. This is an easy fix (Therrien: "I want you guys on top of their %$#@ goalie like a horny 15-year-old or else you're &%$#* benched!!") and could very likely have been a conscious strategy to avoid injury-risk situations.

2) A ton of defensive mental mistakes and giveaways. I'm convinced Subban's head is elsewhere - he's been screwing up often. Diaz is slowly getting back his vision and execution. Markov and Bouillon lack intensity. Even Plekanec created a needless icing last night that resulted in the Jets second goal. Bottom line: Mental issues have cost us goals and games, but mental issues clear up as quickly and as unexpectedly as they show up.

On one level, it sounds like I'm saying the Habs planned this slump and, y'know, weren't really trying anyway. Pretty lame excuse. But look past the furious skating and you'll see a team that genuinely looks like it's pacing itself physically, steering clear of battles around the net and not as focused around their own net. This is not the team we saw for the first 40 games, but I refuse to toss away those 40 games and put all my belief in the previous five losses. It's a slump. Slumps mean you're not supposed to play well. Mission accomplished. Move on.
We naive are a rare breed, a kind breed, one that optimism during these trying times. But I'm glad you've decided to join the bandwagon! It's NHL playoffs and this team has a promising future ahead of it.

1) Good point. I only noticed Gallagher crash the net once or twice, while Winnipeg must have done it easily 4-5 times.

2) This gets me nervous, but I'm hoping it is a by-product of having clinched the playoffs but still playing regular season games. Playing their first playoff game will hopefully clear their minds. So many bad bounces and reckless plays in the defensive zone have led to goals lately, or awful chances against. Luckily, this is somewhere that can be fixed easily as they had been playing well in that aspect for most of the season.

I believe this slump was a result of clinching the playoffs above all, and mentally the Habs have been preparing themselves for the playoffs all along. I feel that once they are in the playoffs, they will be ready. Tonight's win was a big deal for the psychology of the team, because considering their preparation for the playoffs has been reflected mentally as of late, a win or two before the post-season will help them.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:37 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Habs will pull a 93 in the first round and come back 0-2 to 4-2 vs the Leafs, book it
Whos going to have the illegal stick for the Leafs ??

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
They'll discover Colton Orr's forehead has an illegal slope.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
We naive are a rare breed, a kind breed, one that optimism during these trying times. But I'm glad you've decided to join the bandwagon! It's NHL playoffs and this team has a promising future ahead of it.

1) Good point. I only noticed Gallagher crash the net once or twice, while Winnipeg must have done it easily 4-5 times.

2) This gets me nervous, but I'm hoping it is a by-product of having clinched the playoffs but still playing regular season games. Playing their first playoff game will hopefully clear their minds. So many bad bounces and reckless plays in the defensive zone have led to goals lately, or awful chances against. Luckily, this is somewhere that can be fixed easily as they had been playing well in that aspect for most of the season.

I believe this slump was a result of clinching the playoffs above all, and mentally the Habs have been preparing themselves for the playoffs all along. I feel that once they are in the playoffs, they will be ready. Tonight's win was a big deal for the psychology of the team, because considering their preparation for the playoffs has been reflected mentally as of late, a win or two before the post-season will help them.
Next game against the Leafs will be the real test.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:16 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
That's for the final against Chi and I'd say Kane.

Against the leafs down 0-2, we just have to "play our game" in that analogous scenario.

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:03 PM
coolasprICE

like I said perfect timing.

I hope bruins win...would LOVE to play Leafs

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote