HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you prefer to play in Round 1

View Poll Results: Who would you prefer to play in Round 1 of the Playoffs?
Washington 3 1.75%
Toronto 69 40.35%
New York Islanders 39 22.81%
Ottawa 44 25.73%
Winnipeg 12 7.02%
New York Rangers 4 2.34%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 10:23 PM
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun

vCash: 500
Anyone but the Rangers

Old
04-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Anyone but the Rangers. I don't mind playing the Rangers eventually but not in the friggin first round. Let Montreal have the division if New York is in 7th after Saturday.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:28 PM
GloveSave1
44 Forever

Its starting to look like the rags.

...and that would suck. It would end up just like the caps last year. A team ripe for an emotional up-swing, and we'd let them get there. End up playing a team all ampted up and proud of itself for the first time in a while in no time...

Have been praying for a rags v. pens for a while now. Still holding out hope..

Old
04-26-2013, 12:47 AM
corpfan1

The Bruins will control their own destiny.

They have the ONLY game Sunday - a blessing in disguise. They will know who they will play and where they will finish depending on outcome. They also control Ottawa's fate.

4 scenarios:

Bs over Ottawa in Regulation - 2 points for Boston, 0 for Ottawa

Bs over Ottawa in OT/SO - 2 points for Boston, 1 for Ottawa

Ottawa over Bs in OT/SO - 1 point for Boston, 2 for Ottawa

Ottawa over Bs in Regulation - 0 points for Boston, 2 for Ottawa

The question is....who will be in 7th come that game and will the Bs have the opportunity to make a tough choice - Leafs or win division and play whoever is in 7th.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr00 View Post
who holds the tie breaker between MTL and BOS, assuming they finish with the same # of points?
The first tie breaker is ROW. Regulation Overtime Wins. (No Shoot Out wins).

Old
04-26-2013, 08:44 AM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
The Bruins will control their own destiny.

They have the ONLY game Sunday - a blessing in disguise. They will know who they will play and where they will finish depending on outcome. They also control Ottawa's fate.

4 scenarios:

Bs over Ottawa in Regulation - 2 points for Boston, 0 for Ottawa

Bs over Ottawa in OT/SO - 2 points for Boston, 1 for Ottawa

Ottawa over Bs in OT/SO - 1 point for Boston, 2 for Ottawa

Ottawa over Bs in Regulation - 0 points for Boston, 2 for Ottawa

The question is....who will be in 7th come that game and will the Bs have the opportunity to make a tough choice - Leafs or win division and play whoever is in 7th.
saturday will be big as well. if bruins get a point and montreal tanks, b's are stuck with the division. if montreal wins and b's get no points saturday, its toronto or bust. alot of teams have positioning to play for and it will be interesting to see if any of the 5 want to pla for it. interestng that the bruins and habs games are against other playoff opponents. and montreal is outright playing its possible first round opponent. 8 game series for them or will both teams show nothing. hard to say how this will all play out. atleast the islanders and rags finish the season before the bruins touch the ice again. that may bring some sense into matchup chaos. hoping for an isles win and rags loss.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

It's pretty telling that there are still 0 Votes for the Rangers.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:54 AM
ODAAT

Bring on the Rags, I don`t want this team playing a free flowing skating team, love to play a team that will engage, surprised by all the fear of a team that has played no more consistently than ours. There isn`t an element they have that this team doesn`t when firing on all cylinders other than more back end mobility, this year more than any in years gone by, Lundqvist has let in far more softies too

Old
04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
It's pretty telling that there are still 0 Votes for the Rangers.
For me it's two fold. I live in Rangers country, so a loss would be intolerable. Secondly, it would be the most boring series we have ever seen... Every game will be 1-0, 2-1...Bruins don't have the patience or energy level to work through it IMO...would be worse then the Caps series...

Old
04-26-2013, 09:01 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
For me it's two fold. I live in Rangers country, so a loss would be intolerable. Secondly, it would be the most boring series we have ever seen... Every game will be 1-0, 2-1...Bruins don't have the patience or energy level to work through it IMO...would be worse then the Caps series...
They wouldn`t??? I seem to recall a few games against the Bolts that would argue different, 1-3-1 system is about as boring as it gets.

The great thing about playoff losses (if ya wanna call it that) is the experience it brings, while I don`t see any team being capable of flipping on the switch so much it completely looks different than the regular season, I`ll put my money on this group that they won`t fall for the same routine they fell into last year against the Caps

Old
04-26-2013, 09:03 AM
TMac21
Save us Sweeney

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Isles or Sens, doesn't matter.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:03 AM
panny2727

i hope habs lose saturday so positioning is not at stake sunday. i wouldn't be surprised for boston to call it a day now and get some major rest on the weekend. that may be more important than trying to figure out an opponent. i am assuming bruins are temporarily scheduled to start at home tuesday and thursday with the celtics scheduled for friday for game 6, but that could change real quick depending on how the c's do tonight. playing sunday all out and then again on tuesday isn't what i want. as i said earlier it will be interesting to see how the b's and habs play it out

if ottawa is the first round opponent and the b's want to set a tone, then i am all for it, but playing hard to them and losing might allow ottawa to jump ahead. its a tough call what to do. almost everyone will have to play because providence has two playoff games this weekend as well and I don't see them making call ups to ruin providence chances at a calder cup

Last edited by panny2727: 04-26-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 09:06 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
i hope habs lose saturday so positioning is not at stake sunday. i wouldn't be surprised for boston to call it a day now and get some major rest on the weekend. that may be more important than trying to figure out an opponenet
On board with that. And I`ll wager that there isn`t one player in that dressing room who gives a rat`s arse whom they play first, any way you cut it, you have to win 16 games to win the Cup and your going to play good teams along the way

Old
04-26-2013, 09:15 AM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
On board with that. And I`ll wager that there isn`t one player in that dressing room who gives a rat`s arse whom they play first, any way you cut it, you have to win 16 games to win the Cup and your going to play good teams along the way
very true odaat.. my only other concern would be to play a tough rags team and advance then a tough washington team and advance to have nothing in the tank for pittsburgh. a softer isles matchup might allow them to go further and have more for pittsburgh. matchups, matchups, but we may very well rest this weekend to only get the isles in the end anyway. i have a feeling everyone is going to tank the weekend. but in the end someone is going to have to get the points from the bruins-washington game and the leafs-habs game. i guess i am interested to see how it plays out

Last edited by panny2727: 04-26-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 09:21 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
They wouldn`t??? I seem to recall a few games against the Bolts that would argue different, 1-3-1 system is about as boring as it gets.

The great thing about playoff losses (if ya wanna call it that) is the experience it brings, while I don`t see any team being capable of flipping on the switch so much it completely looks different than the regular season, I`ll put my money on this group that they won`t fall for the same routine they fell into last year against the Caps
Nope. They block everything. They are a heavy team down low. I don't even think they are that good, just would frustrate the hell out of us... Bruins haven't shown me the necessary compete level this year to work through it...

Old
04-26-2013, 09:24 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
very true odaat.. my only other concern would be to play a tough rags team and advance then a tough washington team and advance to have nothing in the tank for pittsburgh. a softer isles matchup might allow them to go further and have more for pittsburgh. matchups, matchups,
Just doesn`t worry me (Rags), they`ve put some W`s together lately, but are no different than us, truth is, they were in a 100% desperate position whereas this team wasn`t/hasn`t been. The Rags in their last 6 games have played all non playoff teams and won 4 of them, lost two squeaking out a lucky win against the Canes last night.

Our boys, last 6 games, not as impressive as far as pts but the teams have played similar hockey. Again, seen some things with Lundqvist I haven`t seen before, and that`s more softies finding the back of the net.

Fatigue will be an issue, no way does ANY team play 6 games in 9 days and not get tired, of course, not one fan here would ever allow for that to be a valid reason if the boys come out and look slow but.....

Any way ya cut it, this fan is not one bit hesitant about playing the Rags. Sure our boys will be tired, but that Ranger team has literally been diving in front of pucks, scrambling for their playoff lives for a few weeks now, not 100% sure they have a ton of gas left in the tank either.

We`ll see in less than a week

Old
04-26-2013, 09:28 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Nope. They block everything. They are a heavy team down low. I don't even think they are that good, just would frustrate the hell out of us... Bruins haven't shown me the necessary compete level this year to work through it...
I`ll betcha the coaches will make adjustments to those blocking approaches. Those who taste success against the Rags do so by doing one thing exceptionally well, taking that extra split second to hold the puck and shift to the side to get a shot away. Still a massive believer that the Rags lost a TON of identity in players like Prust/Dubinski, we shall see

One could argue, up to the recent swing for the Rags, they have shown nothing in the compete area either. New season, anything can happen, the Rags D is heavy, but I`ve seen this team play bigger one`s than that and be successful.

Clowe injured last night too, might be a little less heavy

Old
04-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Dr. Mantis Tobbogan
I am a doctah

vCash: 50
Voted for Ottawa but I could wouldnt mind Toronto either. Islanders would be my 3rd choice.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:39 AM
BaBaBruins
Ludicrous Speed Go!

I'm sticking to my long held belief that very few teams can handle the B's over 7.

Also....it appears that the newcomers will have had just enough time to settle in by game 1.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:39 AM
northeastern

I'd rather have the bruins win the northeast than take a fall to avoid the rags. A Montreal series without home ice is brutal. We need to think past the first round q little

Old
04-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Agreed on both points.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Similar issue with me and the leafs. Even if we beat the leafs the amount of BS that I'll have to put up with will be ridiculous. When (like minutes after we actually won Game 7 against Vancouver) we won the Stanley Cup in 2011 I was getting Texts from leaf fans telling me that the Bruins suck & having mini leafs flags planted in my front lawn even though they knew that I was in Boston.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:15 AM
RustyBruins72

I've already posted in this, but for me maybe i'd like the bruins to have home ice advantage for at least 2 series.

so i'd rather pick that than a first round opponent.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

Bring on the rangers

Old
04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
corpfan1

Not stuck with Leafs if Habs win Saturday.

Ottawa can still catch Leafs for 5th....and we control that if Leafs lose Saturday and Ottawa wins....

We lose to Ottawa we finish 4th and Ottawa 5th.

Quote:
saturday will be big as well. if bruins get a point and montreal tanks, b's are stuck with the division. if montreal wins and b's get no points saturday, its toronto or bust. alot of teams have positioning to play for and it will be interesting to see if any of the 5 want to pla for it. interestng that the bruins and habs games are against other playoff opponents. and montreal is outright playing its possible first round opponent. 8 game series for them or will both teams show nothing. hard to say how this will all play out. atleast the islanders and rags finish the season before the bruins touch the ice again. that may bring some sense into matchup chaos. hoping for an isles win and rags loss.

Closed Thread