HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 12:51 PM
yoteshot

vCash: 500
McDavid with another fine goal, he's good.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Mrb1p

I don't know if its the name but... i want Nastasiuk.

Old
04-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Dada

Monday can't come soon enough

Old
04-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Canada vs Finland Friday at 8 AM ET on TSN and RDS. Biggest Finnish name is Lehkonen (Barkov is hurt).

Doesn't seem like they will show the USA/RUS semi though.

Old
04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
S Bah

I'm hoping that with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds that the Habs can draft the cream off the top of the project power forwards. While keeping an eye on those types of players from all leagues in North America, my picks are Mike McCarron - RW -6'5" - 229 lbs. John Hayden - Center -6'2" - 220 lbs. and Tyler Hill - LW - 6'6" - 220lbs. These three players when in their last year in College should be Captains of their teams and most likely playing on the first lines, the PP and the PK. After a year in Hamilton the Habs can unleash these weapons on the NHL,either as a line or as the power forward on each line they play on. Anyway you slice it the fans will be like rabid dogs following all of them and deciding which one is their favorite IMHO. Make it so, please draft some of these gems to play alongside the Gallagher's, Hudon's, Collberg's in our near future. Finally our players won't be subjected to the harsh abuse showered upon them in cities like Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. If the Habs have a few bigger forwards it will take part of the load off of the defence and the team will have less injuries. As well the team will have more energy,while the opposition's defence will get tired/exhausted under the pressure/hits from these players.Their are many reasons why teams load up with truculent players besides fighting and intimidation, these three players can play whatever game is played. All of them can skate and have talent, also they show leadership on every team that they have played for in their careers. Please draft these guys even if it means trading for more picks.

Old
04-25-2013, 04:16 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Holly crap and we could nickname him nasty nas

Old
04-25-2013, 05:00 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

I first witnessed Bowey play at the Prospects game but since then he has been a favourite of mine. Terrific skater, solid defensively, uses his frame, and he's poised offensively. I would be happy if Timmins settles for him with our 1st rounder, even though I think we need to pick forwards. This kid is a gamer.

Old
04-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
It's crazy, in the beginning of the year, his name popped as a 4th or 5th rounder, and now CSB has him in the 1st.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Hansman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I'm hoping that with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds that the Habs can draft the cream off the top of the project power forwards. While keeping an eye on those types of players from all leagues in North America, my picks are Mike McCarron - RW -6'5" - 229 lbs. John Hayden - Center -6'2" - 220 lbs. and Tyler Hill - LW - 6'6" - 220lbs. These three players when in their last year in College should be Captains of their teams and most likely playing on the first lines, the PP and the PK. After a year in Hamilton the Habs can unleash these weapons on the NHL,either as a line or as the power forward on each line they play on. Anyway you slice it the fans will be like rabid dogs following all of them and deciding which one is their favorite IMHO. Make it so, please draft some of these gems to play alongside the Gallagher's, Hudon's, Collberg's in our near future. Finally our players won't be subjected to the harsh abuse showered upon them in cities like Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. If the Habs have a few bigger forwards it will take part of the load off of the defence and the team will have less injuries. As well the team will have more energy,while the opposition's defence will get tired/exhausted under the pressure/hits from these players.Their are many reasons why teams load up with truculent players besides fighting and intimidation, these three players can play whatever game is played. All of them can skate and have talent, also they show leadership on every team that they have played for in their careers. Please draft these guys even if it means trading for more picks.
I have the same agenda.This should make DD scratch his head

Old
04-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

NSH and CGY picks guaranteed to be top 7 in round 2.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:53 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
NSH and CGY picks guaranteed to be top 7 in round 2.
Oilers tank is beating Flames tank at the moment. Calgary should be right where Nashville and Colorado are right now.

Oilers are just too good...

Old
04-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansman View Post
I have the same agenda.This should make DD scratch his head
I do believe that Toronto are already fapping at the idea of drafting all these giants a la ''Biggs''

Old
04-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
It's crazy, in the beginning of the year, his name popped as a 4th or 5th rounder, and now CSB has him in the 1st.
Scouts have historically placed way too much emphasis on these showcase events like the junior tournaments, top prospects games, etc.

I realize you get to see who steps up under pressure against their top peers, but small sample sizes are the death of scouts. I want the kids who show up consistently a la Gallagher.

(But I will say I'd be happy with Nastasiuk. A few of these U18 kids are dazzling right now)

Old
04-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Watching CAN vs FIN, really like Nastasiuk crashing the net, he's going to be a pain to play against if he manages to get in the NHL. Like Gauthier too, and Klimchuk. Dauphin is really skilled, but loses the puck a lot, tries to do too much it seems... anyway, wouldn't mind the first 3 with our 1st pick, if they drop there...

Last edited by Vasculio: 04-26-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old
04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Scouts have historically placed way too much emphasis on these showcase events like the junior tournaments, top prospects games, etc.

I realize you get to see who steps up under pressure against their top peers, but small sample sizes are the death of scouts. I want the kids who show up consistently a la Gallagher.

(But I will say I'd be happy with Nastasiuk. A few of these U18 kids are dazzling right now)
I don't put much stock in u18 as usually top talent isn't there. Generally in CHL playoffs

Old
04-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Not that bad overall but the Fins weren't really sharp. Pretty good game from Gauthier

Old
04-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Haven't watched it yet, but judging by the highlights I just saw, Gauthier seemed to have played a 2nd straight strong game.

It really seems like he ran into the rookie wall in the 2nd half of the Q season and now with a few weeks of rest he's back to the level he was at early in the season.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post

Nasty has been like that for the whole season. I wouldn't pick him in the first, though.

Quote:
Haven't watched it yet, but judging by the highlights I just saw, Gauthier seemed to have played a 2nd straight strong game.

It really seems like he ran into the rookie wall in the 2nd half of the Q season and now with a few weeks of rest he's back to the level he was at early in the season.
Coasted too much for me.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
TinordiandSubban

So many good "Q" players on display today!

Gauthier was the go-to center today, playing every other shift, taking the key faceoffs, killing penalties, was crashing the net and showing he has some real speed once he gets moving. Looks like he's coasting but I think it's an illusion. So big he can get to where he needs to be with one stride!

Morin is huge and such a good skater, so mobile and exudes calmness.

Dauphin is very smart, quick hands and elusive, one shift he kept the cycle moving for two minutes by himself and no one could pin him down.

Laplante is an ideal energy winger, works so hard and shows flashes of some real skill as well.

Habs have three late firsts, how many of these 4 will still be there?!

Old
04-26-2013, 10:14 AM
ccgg

Quote:

Do you know if there is a possibility to watch the full game online ? I thought it was at noon.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Draft

I don't know about everyone else but.... I'm getting a pretty good feeling from Gauthier. Caught bits and pieces of the last game and was very impressed. If we treat him as we would a Samuel Morin or Jared Tinordi, I think he could develop into a very good player. He is a project but, with his size he makes for a near NHL ready prospect. So, If we could wait it out and develop his offensive and physical game I think he could become an important player for the Habs. It's not every day that a 6'04.5 200lb center from Quebec comes along. Truly hopes he drops in the draft or we can move up to get him.

Anybody with doubts or reservations? Not worth moving?

Old
04-26-2013, 10:29 AM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Mock draft from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667523

Are they good sport writers? Hoffner-Kimelman-Morreales's

And no way we take Subban in the first round.......

Old
04-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Mock draft from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667523

Are they good sport writers?
And no way we take Subban in the first round.......
Just read it. Not spectacular mocks, they've been quite off all year. I think Habs were picking Dauphin with their 1st in one of the last ones. Subban and Carrier will both likely be available at one of their 2nds. Domi's not a bad pick at 26 though. It seems as if all of the mock drafts and rankings are all over the place this year.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:40 AM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Just read it. Not spectacular mocks, they've been quite off all year. I think Habs were picking Dauphin with their 1st in one of the last ones. Subban and Carrier will both likely be available at one of their 2nds. Domi's not a bad pick at 26 though. It seems as if all of the mock drafts and rankings are all over the place this year.

I prefer the one from Kimelman's, but do we need another small forward like Domi?

Old
04-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
I prefer the one from Kimelman's, but do we need another small forward like Domi?
He'd likely be BPA if he falls to 26, something I think is unlikely. You can always trade or sign size in the future. Not an ideal pick but would definitely be an option. With Erne and Lazar still on the board he might not get picked there. I think they're just bad projections all around.

Closed Thread