HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Uplift Mofo Party Plan (HF Hawks meet up)

Old
04-17-2013, 10:00 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Don't worry, the guys who get paid to do it whiff plenty, too.
Being wrong and being a jerk about someone else being wrong give a teenager perspective.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Being wrong and being a jerk about someone else being wrong give a teenager perspective.
Touché. Not speaking to your example but sometimes it's a battle not to be a jerk about one's opinion haha

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:10 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Cant make the party. Wish I could so I'll turn you onto a game Ive played for years and introduced into many circles.

7 - 27 split pot game. Similar to blackjack. Good game especially when theres 6 or more players. Can use double or triple decks if anyone is a card counter.

Closest to 7 without going over and closest to 27 without going over each wins 1/2 the pot. Can have multiple winners for 7 and/or 27. If you bust on 7, you can try for 27. If you bust on 27, you're automatically out.

Aces are 1 or 11 (or both if you're going for 7 and 27). All 10, face cards and jokers if used are 1/2 point.

Case hand A, A, 5. Thats 7 for low hand and 27 for high hand. Actually you can have any combination for 7, e.g. A, A, 3, 2; A, A, face, face, 4 etc as long as it totals 7.

Low hand wins half. High hand wins half. Number of drawn cards dont matter. Only total. There can be multiple winners at 7 or 27, then winners split low portion or high portion accordingly.

Game play -

Dealer deals everyone 2 cards face down to start.

Do not declare if you're going low or high but you cant bluff for low because if you're over 7, then you're automatically disqualified for low hand.

Then dealer asks everyone if they want card. Then bet.

You can pass on taking cards at anytime but once everyone passes taking any cards, thats the final round and the final bets.

Have fun guys. Have a drink for me.
Best card game ever. Works best if you have at least six people.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:11 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
We should get a game of street hockey going.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:26 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
We should get a game of street hockey going.
LOL, thought about it at the beginning, didn't think everyone would have the gear needed and I need to build a new net.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:31 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
As an aside, I really was a ****** about that. Lord knows I've whiffed as a scout. Logan Stephenson and Enver Lisin were franchise guys in my mind.

My apologies.
no big deal man, sure I was a ****** about it as well...therapy has worked well for me over the years!

I can laugh at it now because it is so horribly bad!!! but in all honesty, can I bring Nathan Davis as he works at the home depot in Mokena!!! hahaha

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:52 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

the best card game I have ever played, and a game I introduce to everyone and they go ape **** for it is called : double pot..

it is pretty much 7 card poker, but the difference is you get 3 in the hand and 4 face down. you have to build the best poker hand you can (best 5 cards) out of the total 7.

Now you start off with 3 in your hand but you have to pay for the flip of each card...so if you want to see the next card you have on board, you have to pay lets say 50 cents...but understand that this is a guts game so if you dont want to pay to see your next card, you are out of the game until its completition (which could take a half an hour)...so even if you have crap for a hand people stick and have to pay $2.00 (50 cents x 4 cards on the flip) to see their 4 cards...but what makes the game sick as hell is this: It is a Guts Game!

there are two pots, one for the LOWEST spade in a players hand and a seperate pot for who has the best OVERALL poker hand. If you have the 2 of spades in your hand and not on the flip(2 is lowest as Ace is high), then on the 1-2-3 drop (we call out 1-2-3 drop and you have to call hand, spade, both, or drop) you can call spade as you will win that pot...but imagine having 7 people playing, and 3 of them call for low spade??? one person has a 3 of spade, the other has a 4 of spade, and you have a 2 of spade, those other two players have no idea you have the 2 as it isnt showing on the flip so they think their odds are solid they are the lowest spade...but since you beat them, those two players now have to EACH pay the spade pot...so lets just say the spade pot and overall hand pot were $4.00 each, I win so I take the $4.00 out, but now the pot jumps to $8.00 as two people just lost!! It gets sick!

And the same applies for the hand, if you think you have the best hand but lose, you have to pay whats in the pot (we always make a maximum loss amount) and it has gotten into the hundreds when we play!! now assume you are the only player that stays in for the best hand...you then have to go against the deck who gets 7 cards as this is a guts game and you have to beat someone or deck to win...

the hand has no wilds and is striaght up poker, so if you have 2 kings in your hand and another two on the flip you have 4 kings overall...noone knows what you have until after the 1-2-3 drop which is why you will see multiple people staying in for the hand pot because they all think they have the best hand...but when multiple people lose they each have to pay the hand pot!
again, it gets sick!

the only way this game ends is if someone wins both the hand and low spade by themselves which you can call both pots, or 1 person wins the hand with noone else going in and someone else wins the spade pot with noone else going in...

it might sound complicated and I am sure I typed it up like crap but honestly it is the most fun game I have ever had and absolutely has the table rocking everytime I play it...we max out pots to $50.00 max burn so the most you can ever lose is $50.00 per pot, but we can always lower it to something smaller so it doesnt scare off anyone...trust me guys this game is addicting if you like to gamble.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:37 AM
digdug41982

Alright guys, it's about here. I bought Hebrew National hot dogs and am going to pick up some pub burgers from Sam's Saturday morning. Let's get a confirmation of who will be there so I know how many burgers to get and who to send directions to. My GF is going to make some meatballs too and have them in a crock pot so people can just eat them whenever. I'm going to pick up some salsa from the barrio too.

Old
04-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Alright guys, it's about here. I bought Hebrew National hot dogs and am going to pick up some pub burgers from Sam's Saturday morning. Let's get a confirmation of who will be there so I know how many burgers to get and who to send directions to. My GF is going to make some meatballs too and have them in a crock pot so people can just eat them whenever. I'm going to pick up some salsa from the barrio too.
So I am still in...what time do you want people coming over? I have to coordinate my train time/let you know when to pick me up.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
So I am still in...what time do you want people coming over? I have to coordinate my train time/let you know when to pick me up.
You should be the first one there since I am picking you up. People can start coming at 3 or 4 so pick pick a time around those hours and then we'll just say everyone else can come after that.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
You should be the first one there since I am picking you up. People can start coming at 3 or 4 so pick pick a time around those hours and then we'll just say everyone else can come after that.
Alright, so there is a 2:30 train that leaves the LaSalle station and gets into Tinley Park (not the 80th street stop) at 3:30. Seems like that is right in line with what you want so I will catch that one.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:10 PM
digdug41982

Sounds good, so for everyone else, I'll be back from picking him up at about 3:35PM, so anytime after that is good. We can get some beers/pool/cards in before the game. It sounded like there was some interest in playing cards for money. I know someone with a set of chips I can borrow so we will not need to worry about having change, just cash.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:27 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Unfortunately my maybe is a no. The wife is off work and apparently we have plans. Hope you all have a good time.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
My car broke down today on the way to work. Hopefully I can get it fixed by Saturday.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:39 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Sounds good, so for everyone else, I'll be back from picking him up at about 3:35PM, so anytime after that is good. We can get some beers/pool/cards in before the game. It sounded like there was some interest in playing cards for money. I know someone with a set of chips I can borrow so we will not need to worry about having change, just cash.

Quote:
Yes/Probably
Blue Liner
Kurtosis
MTP
American Dream
madgoat33
Maybe
IU Hawks Fan
Cullksinikers
TorMenT
DisgruntledHawkFan
Lame Excuse
No Fun Shogun
I think I'm in. Excuse my sweatiness guys, will be coming straight from umping.

What about the rest of you?

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:57 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Still in Milwaukee sorry guys. Any chance we can swing another for the playoffs?

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:35 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Still in Milwaukee sorry guys. Any chance we can swing another for the playoffs?
Yeah, I'd be down. I think once we do this one and the people that are there talk about how good of a time it was, more people will make it a point to come. That's why I am moving forward even if it only ends up being a small group. It seems like we need some pioneers to lead the way to a bigger one later.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:22 AM
RayP

Really wish I could take part in this... You guys going to wear these with your usernames?

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:53 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Really wish I could take part in this... You guys going to wear these with your usernames?

Not if there's only 3 of us, lol. Maybe I should just pick up steaks.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:57 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I should be in for at least some portion of the day/evening. we are still trying to figure out if we are going to go out for my little boys bday tomorrow or if we should go on his actual bday which is Monday. he wants to go to Fuji's in Orland Park and I would much rather go on a Monday than a Saturday...but its up to him and the wife.

regardless if they want to go out tomorrow, it will be a later reservation so I should be good for at least a few hours to come by and have to leave around 8pm or so..I will let you know. Cold, PM me your info so I know where the hell I am going!

Old
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Kurtosis
COYS

Quote:
Not if there's only 3 of us, lol. Maybe I should just pick up steaks.
There should be at least 4-5 I would assume. IU said he is coming later so there's another guy on board.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:09 PM
digdug41982

Good, hopefully MTP gets his car situation straightened out too.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:10 PM
digdug41982

IU, where are you umping on Saturday? I can give you directions from there. Also, anyone else that needs directions or just the address, just let me know and I will PM you. PMed directions to American Dream.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Mokena, 195th and Wolf. Just send me your address, I can GPS it.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Blue Liner

I wasn't able to trade out of my shift. I work til 10pm, so, guessing that kind of scratches me off the list. Unless people are going to be hanging out til later.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote