HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oliver Lauridsen (The Great Dane)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2013, 11:33 PM
  #101
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Lauridsen's doing his best to put my foot in my mouth.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:14 AM
  #102
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
On Lauridsen:



Source: Sam Carchidi.
(no homo)

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:34 AM
  #103
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
I would love for Lauridsen to spend some time with Pronger in the off-season. He could be the beast we have been hoping for!

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:34 AM
  #104
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
I would love for Lauridsen to spend some time with Pronger in the off-season. He could be the beast we have been hoping for!
I would like to see him train with Gary Roberts too, along with every skating coach he can find

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:21 AM
  #105
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,477
vCash: 500
I'm glad we have a Grossmann replacement lined up.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:31 AM
  #106
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I'm glad we have a Grossmann replacement lined up.
Honestly, for right now, I see him more as a Mez replacement.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:44 AM
  #107
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, for right now, I see him more as a Mez replacement.
No possible way. Lauridsen has a total of 38 points in his entire five year hockey career (College, AHL, NHL). Lauridsen is a defensive defenseman. The Grossmann comparison/replacement comments are far more accurate.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:50 AM
  #108
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
No possible way. Lauridsen has a total of 38 points in his entire five year hockey career (College, AHL, NHL). Lauridsen is a defensive defenseman. The Grossmann comparison/replacement comments are far more accurate.
I'm saying more along the lines of Mez being traded and Dane replacing him for the time being.

Draft Rist. Let him stay for another year over in Europe or in the AHL.

2013-14 Defensive Core

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Dane-Gus
Gervais

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:53 AM
  #109
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
What is this, Bernie? TSN?
Shame on me! My journalism profs would have given me an F for misspelling "Lauridsen".


BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:55 AM
  #110
flyerfanish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
*Homer reads your comment*
Aaaaaaaannd the Dane gets a $3,000,000 extension
Exactly what I thought after reading it.

flyerfanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:56 AM
  #111
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'm saying more along the lines of Mez being traded and Dane replacing him for the time being.

Draft Rist. Let him stay for another year over in Europe or in the AHL.

2013-14 Defensive Core

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Dane-Gus
Gervais
Still doesn't solve the PMD problem.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:04 AM
  #112
mja
Negative Creep
 
mja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Lauridsen's doing his best to put my foot in my mouth.
You don't exactly need Lauridsen's help for that.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:13 AM
  #113
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
You don't exactly need Lauridsen's help for that.
Oh, Burn! I see what you did there.

Anyway, HF stupidity aside, even if Lauridsen is playing well in a Grossmann-esque role, he hasn't beaten out Grossmann yet.

And since we desperately need PMD, adding Lauridsen on top of Grossmann and Coburn to the game is not going to help much.

Schenn + Coburn + Grossmann + Lauridsen =/= mobile defense

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:38 AM
  #114
GingerFetish
Registered User
 
GingerFetish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
I want Gus and Lauridsen paired with veterans.

I also want Schenn-Grossman line, huge checking big body defense.

So if we could pick up a good seasoned D veteran this offseason to be with the Great Dane, I'd be happy.

Timonen - Gus
Schenn - Grossman
(Proven mentor/veteran) - Lauridsen
Gervais

Seems like a really good defense to me.

Mez can't come back though, too much of a liability and Coburn is...coburn.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:40 AM
  #115
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,477
vCash: 500
If you go

Timmonen/Schenn
Gustaffson/Grossmann
Coburn/Lauridsen

Then you have a mobile guy on each pair, and a PMD on the top two. But in my mind Grossmann is just as much of an injury concern as Mezaros.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:54 AM
  #116
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
If you go

Timmonen/Schenn
Gustaffson/Grossmann
Coburn/Lauridsen

Then you have a mobile guy on each pair, and a PMD on the top two. But in my mind Grossmann is just as much of an injury concern as Mezaros.
I still don't think there is any place for Lauridsen on this defense next year if all of Schenn, Coburn, and Grossmann are ready to go.

Timonen - Schenn
xxxxxx - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

We don't have the luxury to just throw people like Lauridsen in the lineup. Ideal would be that Manning or Gus steps up their play another notch...or that Gostisbehere or whoever we draft in the first round (Risto) can step in next season.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:07 AM
  #117
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I still don't think there is any place for Lauridsen on this defense next year if all of Schenn, Coburn, and Grossmann are ready to go.

Timonen - Schenn
xxxxxx - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

We don't have the luxury to just throw people like Lauridsen in the lineup. Ideal would be that Manning or Gus steps up their play another notch...or that Gostisbehere or whoever we draft in the first round (Risto) can step in next season.
Ghost is spending another year at U. Risto could fit.
Although with this Nichuskin rumor I could see the Flyers being interested.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:10 AM
  #118
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Shame on me! My journalism profs would have given me an F for misspelling "Lauridsen".

Haha, for context, this is what I was referring to (shown in the early April game against Montreal):



How many mistakes can you spot?

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:28 AM
  #119
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
If you go

Timmonen/Schenn
Gustaffson/Grossmann
Coburn/Lauridsen

Then you have a mobile guy on each pair, and a PMD on the top two. But in my mind Grossmann is just as much of an injury concern as Mezaros.

I refuse to say that this corp is THAT bad. That group should be at least average. I think Gus really helps things obviously so that is a difference when looking at the lineup when it was healthy and horrid.

That line up plus what ever draft pick we make or player traded for if we draft another center and ghost should make a quality group that will be finished off by a number one from somewhere later.

Mason will help to make up for mistakes and our d will be fine next year out fwds will def be fine next year. Our coach will make adjustments next year. I think we will we be a 4th seed with something to prove next playoffs

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:35 AM
  #120
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Haha, for context, this is what I was referring to (shown in the early April game against Montreal):



How many mistakes can you spot?
3?

Gustafsson, Lauridsen and Grossmann

edit: i guess technically you could argue 4 since Grossmann is spelled wrong twice

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:09 PM
  #121
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
3?

Gustafsson, Lauridsen and Grossmann

edit: i guess technically you could argue 4 since Grossmann is spelled wrong twice
Thanks for the context, Ryker. Should we count Gervais listed as a defenseman as a mistake?

Oh, I also found Waldo in there.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:49 PM
  #122
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
The Lauridsen love is getting a little out of hand boys. Anyone who thinks he should start the season as a top 6 needs to relax.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:59 PM
  #123
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,951
vCash: 5792
Lauridsen isn't waiver exempt next year, so the team better have decided whether or not he is an NHL player next year. He was given every opportunity once recalled.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:05 PM
  #124
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,534
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Lauridsen isn't waiver exempt next year, so the team better have decided whether or not he is an NHL player next year. He was given every opportunity once recalled.
I don't think Waivers have ever prevented Homer from doing anything.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
  #125
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,951
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I don't think Waivers have ever prevented Homer from doing anything.
Well if they lose Lauridsen, he's going to have a number of people in the organization pretty pissed off at him.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.