HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you prefer to play in Round 1

View Poll Results: Who would you prefer to play in Round 1 of the Playoffs?
Washington 3 1.75%
Toronto 69 40.35%
New York Islanders 39 22.81%
Ottawa 44 25.73%
Winnipeg 12 7.02%
New York Rangers 4 2.34%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
  #101
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Not stuck with Leafs if Habs win Saturday.

Ottawa can still catch Leafs for 5th....and we control that if Leafs lose Saturday and Ottawa wins....

We lose to Ottawa we finish 4th and Ottawa 5th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
saturday will be big as well. if bruins get a point and montreal tanks, b's are stuck with the division. if montreal wins and b's get no points saturday, its toronto or bust. alot of teams have positioning to play for and it will be interesting to see if any of the 5 want to pla for it. interestng that the bruins and habs games are against other playoff opponents. and montreal is outright playing its possible first round opponent. 8 game series for them or will both teams show nothing. hard to say how this will all play out. atleast the islanders and rags finish the season before the bruins touch the ice again. that may bring some sense into matchup chaos. hoping for an isles win and rags loss.

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:22 PM
  #102
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Not stuck with Leafs if Habs win Saturday.

Ottawa can still catch Leafs for 5th....and we control that if Leafs lose Saturday and Ottawa wins....

We lose to Ottawa we finish 4th and Ottawa 5th.
Yea I really don't want to play the Rangers at all.

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:29 PM
  #103
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
After playing around how I think the East will line up I much prefer the B's winning the division. I would rather the B's play the Rags in the 1st round then have to play the Pens in anything but the ECF.

SpokedLightning is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 12:29 PM
  #104
ThomasJ13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Yea I really don't want to play the Rangers at all.
Me neither. I hope the Islanders win tonight, so there's at least a chance the Rags get the 8 seed. I really want the Rangers to get Pittsburgh - they could knock those ****holes off, or at least wear them down for round 2. I don't see much of a challenge for the Penguins with either the Islanders or the Senators.

ThomasJ13 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  #105
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,296
vCash: 500
Leafs, be great to pound them out in 4.

Them or Islanders

Buckets and Gloves is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
  #106
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ13 View Post
Me neither. I hope the Islanders win tonight, so there's at least a chance the Rags get the 8 seed. I really want the Rangers to get Pittsburgh - they could knock those ****holes off, or at least wear them down for round 2. I don't see much of a challenge for the Penguins with either the Islanders or the Senators.
Lundquist plays out of this world against us for some reason. Especially the way our offense has been as of late. I could see us losing in 5 and getting shutout twice, with our only win being a mere 2-1 or 1-0.

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:22 PM
  #107
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
And how Ironic NYR board has the same poll as this one and the poll as of now is saying they all want to play us in the first round 3:1 to anybody else...

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:22 PM
  #108
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Bruins have the goaltender advantage over the Isles, Leafs and Sens IMO.. Not Rangers... Now, doesn't mean everything, but Lundqvist is the last goalie I would want to face round one.

WBC8 is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:28 PM
  #109
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bruins have the goaltender advantage over the Isles, Leafs and Sens IMO.. Not Rangers... Now, doesn't mean everything, but Lundqvist is the last goalie I would want to face round one.
We also have no answer for Rick Nash.

__________________
-Nikos
Greek_physique is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:30 PM
  #110
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Stone Clode Stunner
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,221
vCash: 500
If the Bruins draw the Rangers in the 1st round, Julien will be heading for the unemployment line.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:31 PM
  #111
Rubber Biscuit
Registered User
 
Rubber Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
We also have no answer for Rick Nash.
Unless I've misread that box scores, he had 3 assists vs the Bruins this year. He was dangerous with the puck, but he didn't light it up. The guy who worried me, and made it even harder to contain Nash, was Gaborik.

Rubber Biscuit is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:32 PM
  #112
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
We also have no answer for Rick Nash.
Well on the upside, they traded away Gaborik and he was a hgue Bruin killer the whole time he was there so thats a plus. Meh?

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:32 PM
  #113
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Unless I've misread that box scores, he had 3 assists vs the Bruins this year. He was dangerous with the puck, but he didn't light it up. The guy who worried me, and made it even harder to contain Nash, was Gaborik.
Haha same thought, same time. Touche!

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
  #114
qc
Dare to Dream
 
qc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,746
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Unless I've misread that box scores, he had 3 assists vs the Bruins this year. He was dangerous with the puck, but he didn't light it up. The guy who worried me, and made it even harder to contain Nash, was Gaborik.
Yeah Nash can be taken off his game quite easily. Throw a late check on him and he goes into a shell. Gaborik was lethal against us, so him being gone is great for us. We're going to need 4 lines chipping in if we want to beat NYR, Henrik is simply too good to be beaten unless we're forechecking/puttin lots o' biscuits on basket.

qc is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:54 PM
  #115
BaBaBruins
Tuukka Time.
 
BaBaBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Chances are the Rangers will wear themselves down if they face the B's in the 1st round, the style they play gives offensively skilled teams much more trouble than it would give the B's over 7 games. When the gears are turning in the right direction for the B's they weigh heavily on opponents, I really do not see the Rangers having an easy round 1 at all if it is indeed vs. the Bruins. Not at all.

BaBaBruins is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
  #116
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHortonHeat View Post
Chances are the Rangers will wear themselves down if they face the B's in the 1st round, the style they play gives offensively skilled teams much more trouble than it would give the B's over 7 games. When the gears are turning in the right direction for the B's they weigh heavily on opponents, I really do not see the Rangers having an easy round 1 at all if it is indeed vs. the Bruins. Not at all.
Hopefully that's the case...but honestly, with Staal coming back and King Henrik...they could become this years version of the LA Kings.

Greek_physique is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:09 PM
  #117
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
Hopefully that's the case...but honestly, with Staal coming back and King Henrik...they could become this years version of the LA Kings.
At least they don't have gaborik anymore, that guy also lit the Bruins up it seemed.

patty59 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:12 PM
  #118
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
We also have no answer for Rick Nash.
What about the best shutdown Dmen in the league?

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
  #119
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
If the Bruins draw the Rangers in the 1st round, Julien will be heading for the unemployment line.
Why would they fire him after winning at least 1 round?

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:16 PM
  #120
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Why would they fire him after winning at least 1 round?
I like the your optimism anyway, hope you're right.

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:19 PM
  #121
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
What about the best shutdown Dmen in the league?
From what I saw in the regular season...Chara didn't look so good.

Greek_physique is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
  #122
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
From what I saw in the regular season...Chara didn't look so good.
I agree. Lots of giveaways, although his spinorama goal was pretty saweeett!

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:28 PM
  #123
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,420
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
If the Bruins draw the Rangers in the 1st round, Julien will be heading for the unemployment line.
Rangers are easily beatable...you just have to have patience and determination to not let their system frustrate you... Not sure our guys will have the emotions to invest they need however./

WBC8 is online now  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:30 PM
  #124
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,828
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Rangers are easily beatable...you just have to have patience and determination to not let their system frustrate you... Not sure our guys will have the emotions to invest they need however./
How have the Rangers additions they acquired for Gaborik doing? Anybody know?

Bruinswillwin77 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
  #125
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 18,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
How have the Rangers additions they acquired for Gaborik doing? Anybody know?
Clowe 12 3 5 8pts +5 14pims
Brassard 12 5 6 11 +3 0pims
J.Moore 12 1 4 5 +7 5pims


I don't like the idea of playing Callahan | Clowe or Stefan in the playoffs

Greek_physique is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.