HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Point production for offensive defenceman is broken at the moment. We had it working properly a few months ago, but then changes in the match engine pushed scoring down much lower than it was supposed to be. We finally got that fixed shortly before the beta release, but while forwards got their scoring back, for some reason top-pair defencemen didn't. Even Orr in historical games doesn't make it out of the 40's. It'll be one of, if not the, first things that get addressed when we start tinkering with the match engine again, which should be soon.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!

Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden View Post
Hey, any idea on when the Mac Beta version is coming? Been waiting ever since you released info about this game coming out! Thanks
I should have a good answer by the end of the week. Sebastian, who's going to be handling the Mac version, just finished up working on the iPhone version of the baseball game today and is back to us full-time now. Mac FHM is at the top of his to-do list, so once he's had a couple of days to look at what has to be done, we should have a pretty good idea of how long it's going to take.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:34 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Great concept! Really looking forward to the full release in September, and the game looks very nice now as well.

Ordered the beta and just fiddled around a bit, and one thing struck me. I managed the Ducks and traded Lydman for Malkin straight up. But I guess the trade engine is in an early phase of development.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Ordered the beta and just fiddled around a bit, and one thing struck me. I managed the Ducks and traded Lydman for Malkin straight up. But I guess the trade engine is in an early phase of development.
Yeah, I've noticed that the AI seems to get very aggressive about dumping high-dollar contracts at the moment, that definitely needs some work.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:32 AM
duari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that the AI seems to get very aggressive about dumping high-dollar contracts at the moment, that definitely needs some work.
For good reason too! On the Ducks, Selanne was asking for over 7 million dollars per year. Koivu was asking for 5.5 million.

Teams are dumping high contracts because they cant afford re-signings. It's not just Koivu and Selanne. Some of my low level prospects on my AHL team were requesting over 1 million per year, with no NHL experience!

After inking Perry and Getzy (for a decent discount I might add...8.2 for Getzy, and 7.4 for Perry), I had no room to hold Selanne and Koivu. At their current contracts I did, but I didn't have enough to meet their demands after signing some of my prospects.

Once age is factored in, I am hoping things will improve.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Got this a day ago having never played anything more in-depth than GM Mode in NHL games. That being said, I enjoy the way this game works in regards to people being new. The fact that I could if I wanted to delegate every task to the assistant is nice. That allows me to do what I'm comfortable with and slowly learn the rest later.

The comissioner mode options seem very in-depth, and I love that there are options to change essentially every single aspect of the league structure. I can't wait for most of those features to unlock.

Does anybody know of a logo pack for thos game that's out yet? My sub-par googling skills yielded no results.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:17 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Got this a day ago having never played anything more in-depth than GM Mode in NHL games. That being said, I enjoy the way this game works in regards to people being new. The fact that I could if I wanted to delegate every task to the assistant is nice. That allows me to do what I'm comfortable with and slowly learn the rest later.

The comissioner mode options seem very in-depth, and I love that there are options to change essentially every single aspect of the league structure. I can't wait for most of those features to unlock.

Does anybody know of a logo pack for thos game that's out yet? My sub-par googling skills yielded no results.
Here you go:

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...75d05e92fe4dc2

Old
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Patriks7

Haven't been able to read through the whole thread, but is there an iOS version planned? Love playing Football Manager on my iPad wherever I am, and adding a hockey manager would glue my iPad to my hands

Old
04-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
Haven't been able to read through the whole thread, but is there an iOS version planned? Love playing Football Manager on my iPad wherever I am, and adding a hockey manager would glue my iPad to my hands
Not yet, but if things go well with the PC and Mac versions...

Old
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Lard_Lad

Another update available (game and data), including the deadline moves today.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...available.html

Old
04-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Braeden

Can someone post a screenshot of the Everett Silvertips roster?

Old
04-09-2013, 12:40 PM
RJ8812*

you have to pay for the Beta version?

Old
04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
you have to pay for the Beta version?
You're paying for access to the beta version, but you ALSO get the final version in September as part of the deal.

04-09-2013, 02:22 PM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
You're paying for access to the beta version, but you ALSO get the final version in September as part of the deal.
just wanted to make sure!

however, there should be a "try before you buy" option like NHL EHM had

Old
04-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Lard_Lad

New update available (both game and data):

Old
04-26-2013, 11:38 AM
RuneMcEres
Seasons in the Abyss

This last update is starting to make the game really playable for me. And it's still five months till the game is out. Looking good. The one thing I'm seriously waiting for is a decent search filter. It's so tedious going through all the teams looking for a trade. And a "trade now" option like in OOTP where you get instant feedback on a player from other teams.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
Why do our head coach gets fired automatically when we start a game? Cant we just Manage the team and let our Head coach manage lines and tactics?

Edit: Just realized this feature is not in the beta. G

Game looks great in general. But a **** load of work still needs to be done in five months. I'd like them to add forecheck, neutral zone tactics like in EHM. I hate the in-game simulation. Takes about 10 minutes to sim a game. The clock goes down soooo slowly it's ridiculous.

Last edited by Chris Pronger: 04-27-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old
04-28-2013, 03:02 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfever View Post
I hate the in-game simulation. Takes about 10 minutes to sim a game. The clock goes down soooo slowly it's ridiculous.
isnt there some "autosim" option?

Old
05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Lou Cheech

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeeres View Post
This last update is starting to make the game really playable for me. And it's still five months till the game is out. Looking good. The one thing I'm seriously waiting for is a decent search filter. It's so tedious going through all the teams looking for a trade. And a "trade now" option like in OOTP where you get instant feedback on a player from other teams.
This, NEED a search filter

Old
05-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Lard_Lad

Huh, thought I'd posted the new update link here on Thursday, apparently not. Here it is if anyone hasn't seen it yet:

Old
05-13-2013, 03:08 PM
clarke19

I just purchased this yesterday, I've been a long time player of EHM07 and I have a few questions that hopefully you guys can answer for me.

Is there a quick way to navigate the interface? I find it tedious constantly having to navigate from drop down menus.

-Lines are a hassle. I find myself constantly clicking into guys' profiles when I try to move and drag them into the lineup. Any tips on how to do this efficiently?

-I've offered trades and haven't really heard back on them. Is there a timeline for this? If they say no, will they contact you?

-Is there a rating system for players you can look for game performance like there was for EHM i.e (10-9-10-7-5).

- When I try to sim to my next game nothing happens. I then just finish the days individually and that works fine. Why is this?

-What is in the pipeline that isn't currently released with the game? Like tactics? Coach control? And what is scheduled to be improved?

Sorry, its a lot of points. I like the game and I'm happy with my purchase. Maybe someone with a little more experience with the interface can help me out. Thanks.

Old
05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
NA Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
I just purchased this yesterday, I've been a long time player of EHM07 and I have a few questions that hopefully you guys can answer for me.

Is there a quick way to navigate the interface? I find it tedious constantly having to navigate from drop down menus.

Not as of now, but they should be adding short cuts any time now... they have a lot of stuff to take care of and there is only 2 programmers from what I understand.

-Lines are a hassle. I find myself constantly clicking into guys' profiles when I try to move and drag them into the lineup. Any tips on how to do this efficiently?

Lines really are rough to manage. Hopefully they'll add some kind of controls that will make it easier to set up our lines. As of now I just let my assistant to the hard work!

-I've offered trades and haven't really heard back on them. Is there a timeline for this? If they say no, will they contact you?

That's a good question. I too have had trouble with the trading system. It needs a complete revamping, I hear they are working on it.

-Is there a rating system for players you can look for game performance like there was for EHM i.e (10-9-10-7-5).

Not that I know of but this would be a great idea. You should drop them a word.

- When I try to sim to my next game nothing happens. I then just finish the days individually and that works fine. Why is this?

Dunno. It works fine for me.

-What is in the pipeline that isn't currently released with the game? Like tactics? Coach control? And what is scheduled to be improved?

I'm not sure. They've though about EVERYTHING, but most of it is ''on paper'' as it stands. They still have three months to work on this game before official release. Every week we should see it get better and better. I think it is a pretty sucky game right now, but it is still just a beta. So basically, let's reserve judgement until September... but in the end, it should be a marvelous game (very customizable as well).

Sorry, its a lot of points. I like the game and I'm happy with my purchase. Maybe someone with a little more experience with the interface can help me out. Thanks.

Just keep waiting for updates. They're usually out every Wednesday. Things improve from week to week. If there are things you are not happy with or bugs that you notice, you should post on their forums!
hehehe

Old
05-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Wrigley

vCash: 545
I'm thinking about running a sim league. Is it possible to save 16 teams at the same time?

Old
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
I'm thinking about running a sim league. Is it possible to save 16 teams at the same time?
Not yet, one team per player at the moment. Implementation of the league/online options (likely modeled heavily after the Out of the Park Baseball system) is on our schedule for July, so after that's in you'll be able to have multiple teams/owners.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:29 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
I'd give it a shot if there was also a free beta, but as someone new to this concept I'm not committing that much money to a demo! It sounds neat though.

Does it work like a single player game? Or is there supposed to be online interaction with other players and their teams?

Closed Thread