HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#48| New York Islanders vs. Buffalo Sabres | April 26 | 7PM | L/SO 2-1

Old
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Macch

vCash: 500
Well sitting Viz is one way to change up the Power Play.

Ohhh to think where this team would be with a real coach. I guess i'll never understand.

Macch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander Prophet View Post
I think the opposite actually. Obviously nobody wants to play the Caps right now, so I would stay away from the 6th seed. As for the Pens, we all know how good they are and with Crosby coming back...enough said...

As for the Bruins, people think we don't match up against them but I can see otherwise. Last year, the Capitals were seeded 7th and took out the #2 Bruins in the playoffs. I see our team to be very similar the Capitals of last year, very offensively minded and doesn't get pushed around too easily. The Bruins are used to bullying the other teams in the playoffs and shutting them down with their defense. I don't think this would work against the Isles because we have some very physical players of our own and our offense can strike with all our 4 lines on the ice.

Their playing style would get challenged against us, as we saw in our last game versus them, when we won a "Bruins-type" hockey game 2-1 and played more physical than them...

I can't say for sure, but the Bruins recent play these last few weeks seem to reveal that they aren't as "tough" as people make them out to be...
I want to play the caps! We beat the Bruins last game 2-1 and they didn't have their best players(Bergeron and Marchand). Huge difference.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Islander Prophet

Im happy we are going to see Nielsen on the point of the PP again. I always liked it that way

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:41 PM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander Prophet View Post
Im happy we are going to see Nielsen on the point of the PP again. I always liked it that way
I agree. He brings puck possession to a unit that lacks it. Moulson and Boyes are terrible under pressure with puck on their stick. They aren't slick enough to create space, mostly because they're poor skaters. Nielsen,JT,Streit, and Viz (although he's scratched) can settle the puck down and work well when pressured by PKers.

With Nielsen on the unit, it will create a more mobile PP with better looks. Unfortunately with Viz scratched, nothing really changes. This PP would be much better with Nielsen(or Bailey) as a wing with one of Boyes/Moulson off the first unit. (Definitely Boyes)

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:43 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Relax. Resting Vis makes sense. He's 36 years old and a huge part of our defense. The goal should be to make a deep postseason run. We'll need to keep Visnovsky and Nabokov as fresh as possible for that to happen. I would expect MacDonald and Hamonic to get less minutes tonight as well.

Honestly, I still think we should win this game. Even if we don't and are forced to face Pittsburgh in Round 1, who cares? We'll have to face them at some point anyway if we plan on making a run.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
hockeyplaya00
HFBoards Sponsor

You guys should have this, word has gotten out that Ryan Miller's house is for sale and if the majority of fans decide they want to react to it Miller will either be showered with cheers or boos but given the nature of our fans I think that Miller will be booed out of the building, especially if we lose.

hockeyplaya00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:49 PM
doublechili

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Having our best guys at their best for the playoffs is not as important as playing the Caps instead of the Pens? Ovenchicken is hot as hell right now! Montreal will own the refs. Boston will pummel us. We need the team that wore themselves out with the hottest April I've ever seen in ages to be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

Talk about losing perspective.

We have subs going in to get action and regulars resting up for the series coming up. We are IN.

I'd rest JT if he needed it but he doesn't need it. The playoffs are here. We should have won with Poulin only giving up two goals, chicken littles, but it takes a critical, non reactive non drama mind to admit we were not passing well and not shooting well last night.

SOMEONE BLAMED IT ON POULIN BEING IN NET??????

I dunno. Maybe being insane makes people happier. There's gotta be a draw to it.
The thought crossed my mind before the game last night against the Flyers that the smart move would've been to sit a handful of regulars and put in some bench/BP guys. The idea being that the team would be flat after clinching and some fresh blood would inject enthusiasm. As it turns out, it couldn't have hurt.

Big picture: the Isles have reached the point where fans are upset after their first regulation loss in weeks. Now that's progress.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Knish Of The Crease

I'm so so real excited for this game.

Islanders - 9
Sabres - 1

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
VT Isles Fan

Arrived in Niagara Falls last night, heading into Buffalo shortly to get ready for the game (in other words, go have a few beverages at Pearl St. Bar & Grill).

Is Nabakov definitely playing tonight?

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:13 PM
IslesNorway

Win or bust!

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:40 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Guys I have something to tell everyone, the reason we lost last night was my fault. I had a superstition going the past month and a half where if the isles were behind going into an intermission, i'd shave my face that intermission. It literally worked everytime, we either won or made it to overtime, somehow we always ended up getting a point. Last night with the NFL draft and the rags game I completely forgot to shave in the intermission, and we ended up losing in regulation. Just wanted to apologize to all of you for not doing my due diligence, and It's my commitment to you to shave tonight if we are behind going into an intermission.

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:42 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
The thought crossed my mind before the game last night against the Flyers that the smart move would've been to sit a handful of regulars and put in some bench/BP guys. The idea being that the team would be flat after clinching and some fresh blood would inject enthusiasm. As it turns out, it couldn't have hurt.

Big picture: the Isles have reached the point where fans are upset after their first regulation loss in weeks. Now that's progress.
When we clinched, the only game I cared about after that was game 1. The seeding is just picking one tough team over another. True, Washington's goalie looked weak, Boston let up a bit and Montreal doesn't hit hard, but aside from Pitt being seven skaters at all times {two pens wear striped black jerseys}, each of the other three are gonna be tough so just get ready for Game 1.

I hope the Devs beat the Rag$ and we win tonight but I'm more concerned with Game 1 and having every single guy 100 PERCENT for us then.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:43 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndGenIslander View Post
Guys I have something to tell everyone, the reason we lost last night was my fault. I had a superstition going the past month and a half where if the isles were behind going into an intermission, i'd shave my face that intermission. It literally worked everytime, we either won or made it to overtime, somehow we always ended up getting a point. Last night with the NFL draft and the rags game I completely forgot to shave in the intermission, and we ended up losing in regulation. Just wanted to apologize to all of you for not doing my due diligence, and It's my commitment to you to shave tonight if we are behind going into an intermission.
I hope you're male.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:46 PM
NYI JT91

Regulation Win

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:02 PM
VAIsles
Mickey Mouse FO Yay!

Quote:
I don't know you BUT if we ever meet I will buy you beers on me. This is the greatest post ever. If you have a ticket to game 3, pm me. I will buy you a beer at the game. I have tix to game 3 BUT if the game is on Saturday 5/4, I have to get rid of it because I have a prior engagement down here with my GF, Gold Cup. I can't get out of it because I have attended a ton of O's games lately leaving her at the house on weekdays, even my mom is mad at me... Anyways, GREAT POST!

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:06 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 50
Get the 2 points and let the chips fall where they may.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:14 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
What happens come next week? Still shaving or playoff beard?

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
Hickey in for Vis per Staple. Vis is just resting. Unbelievable.
i don't understand the team's lack of urgency in these last two games. they haven't earned the right to sit their players just because they have an x beside their name in the standings. this resting of players could come back to bite them as they could very easily draw the penguins as a result of these decisions.

Last edited by islandermaniac: 04-26-2013 at 02:24 PM.
islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:21 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Isles Fan View Post
Arrived in Niagara Falls last night, heading into Buffalo shortly to get ready for the game (in other words, go have a few beverages at Pearl St. Bar & Grill).

Is Nabakov definitely playing tonight?
Yes.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:27 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
i don't understand the team's lack of urgency in these last two games. they haven't earned the right to sit their players just because they have an x beside their name in the standings. this resting of players could come back to bite them who could very easily draw the penguins as a result of these decisions.
These last few weeks were brutal. Don't be surprised if they were already playing hurt. No need to risk injury because they are more important to us in the playoffs then they are now. I doubt any team we face is going to be easy so make sure they are ready to go no matter who we end up facing. This is where the depth really comes in handy.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Tavaresfan91

if someone could give me a feed for tonights game, id really appreciate it.

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:53 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAIsles View Post
I don't know you BUT if we ever meet I will buy you beers on me. This is the greatest post ever. If you have a ticket to game 3, pm me. I will buy you a beer at the game. I have tix to game 3 BUT if the game is on Saturday 5/4, I have to get rid of it because I have a prior engagement down here with my GF, Gold Cup. I can't get out of it because I have attended a ton of O's games lately leaving her at the house on weekdays, even my mom is mad at me... Anyways, GREAT POST!
Haha damn! I have tickets to game 1 and 2 but not 3..I would totally hold you to that!

Old
04-26-2013, 02:54 PM
And You Feel Shame

Quote:
Haha damn! I have tickets to game 1 and 2 but not 3..I would totally hold you to that!
Game 1 will be Game 3...

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by And You Feel Shame View Post
Game 1 will be Game 3...
Aha! I'm so used to looking at ticketmaster and all they have is Home game 1, 2 and 3..SERIES game 3 I will be there

Old
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
A month ago if you had asked most of us if we would prefer Piitsburg in the playoffs vs the golf course it would have been Pittsburgh in the playoffs, hands down.

Most everyone would have offered body parts for it.

Be grateful for making the playoffs. Also understand this is an opportunity to tell the hockey world to go fudge itself with an epic win. If they lose, no big deal because Pittsburgh added big ufas, already had a strong team, etc.look at this as an opportunity to attract someone in the summer who isn't an old pos.

This is an opportunity. Even someone as negative as I can be can look forward to this.

It will also show Garth and Chuck what a real powerhouse has on the roster, and what we have. Hopefully cheapo is paying attention.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote