HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL | 2013 Part V

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
The hate for Crosby is ridiculous. He will go down as one of the all-time greats.
doesn't mean I have to like him.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

I dislike Crosby...

However, there's no denying that he's a phenomenal talent and will probably be held second to Gretzky...

Old
04-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Orr123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
I dislike Crosby...

However, there's no denying that he's a phenomenal talent and will probably be held second to Gretzky...
This is how I feel.

Don't like the kid, but he's a generational talent for sure.

Generally people don't like the players that are "big" in the media. No one wants people shoved down their throats.

Personally, I never liked how whiny he was at the beginning of his career. But I think that has gotten incredibly better in the last 2 years or so. I still rather see nobodies make a big splash in the stats department than Crosby though.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Bob Kudelski

Second to Gretzky? Really? You think he'll be held higher than Orr, Howe, Lemieux?

Old
04-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kudelski View Post
Second to Gretzky? Really? You think he'll be held higher than Orr, Howe, Lemieux?
Not if his injury luck keeps up unfortunately

Old
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
So Islanders lose tonight, they get Pittsburgh in the first round.

Also, hoping Calgary lights up Chicago

Old
04-26-2013, 12:35 PM
hockeyalltheway
Let's win it all -MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
So Islanders lose tonight, they get Pittsburgh in the first round.

Also, hoping Calgary lights up Chicago
I'd love this scenario -- not because I want the Isles out, but because I think they match up well against the Pens. The season series doesn't really reflect that, I know, but I think an NYI/PIT series would be pretty entertaining.

04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Not if his injury luck keeps up unfortunately
Injuries can change a lot. Right now, his first 8 years in the league look remarkably similar to Lindros.

PlayerGPGAPts
Lindros486 290 369 659
Crosby470 238 427 665

We all know how that ended.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Smash88

vCash: 1000
Does anyone know the story on Anderson and the falling out in Colorado? I have a buddy who is an Avs fan and he goes nuts anytime I bring up Anderson and how good he is.

He gets all upset and says Anderson has the absolute worst attitude in the game and he just randomly quit on Colorado. He keeps saying it's only a matter of time until it happens here..

What exactly happened in Colorado that has all their fans basically saying the same thing?

Old
04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash88 View Post
Does anyone know the story on Anderson and the falling out in Colorado? I have a buddy who is an Avs fan and he goes nuts anytime I bring up Anderson and how good he is.

He gets all upset and says Anderson has the absolute worst attitude in the game and he just randomly quit on Colorado. He keeps saying it's only a matter of time until it happens here..

What exactly happened in Colorado that has all their fans basically saying the same thing?
He pretty much quit on the team the year he was traded to the Sens. Looked like he wasn't even trying at all out there. All you have to do is look as his stats before and after he was traded. When he got to the Sens, he started caring again. He looked uninterested in stopping the puck with the Avs.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:

Exactly what they are saying. He was a talented goaltender, who brought them to the playoffs on his own. The year after, the team was a train wreck, and Anderson mailed it in.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

Didn't it also have something to do with his contract? Something along the lines that they were faaaar apart (with talks of extending it)and something like that.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
sens2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Didn't it also have something to do with his contract? Something along the lines that they were faaaar apart (with talks of extending it)and something like that.
My understanding was that they lowballed the crap out of him in contract talks.
Apparently it was like taking him to abritration without having to go to arbitration...

Old
04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Andy had a great playoffs for them in 09-10 and played great for them. In 10-11 Anderson dealt with injuries, didn't put up the same #s (mb b/c of injuries) and he was negotiating his next contract. I believe Anderson wanted a longer term than what the Avs were giving and the talks soured.

For whatever reason (likely the management) Anderson quit on that team because the moment he arrived in Ottawa he was back to his normal self. Nobody quits on their team going into UFA so something was wrong. In hindsight, it looks to be an Avs problem with cases like ROR. This year it's happening again with Varlamov (quitting on the team) I think.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Smash88

vCash: 1000
Ah ok, thanks guys.

I figured it must have had something to do with contracts.. Still is weird though especially going into UFA where he knew he could go to another team..

Old
04-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Quote:

We don't really know what went down in Colorado

However we do know that they are one of the worst run teams in the League and we know Giguere called out his teammates for not being professional this year

While it's never "ok" for a player to quit on his team I'm not holding it against Anderson: Colorado is a gigantic mess and he wanted out ASAP; part of me thinks it might have to with contract discussions too, Sherman was probably trying to short change him and while I still think O'Reilly was asking for too much money his hold out is another indication of how much of a joke the Avalanche are off the ice.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

The Isles should bring back Trevor Gillies specifically for a series with the Pens.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:09 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:

My buddy is an Avs fan and he does the same exact thing to me. Guess you can't blame them at all, but I think the Avs management has proved to be a gong show for awhile now.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:01 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Injuries can change a lot. Right now, his first 8 years in the league look remarkably similar to Lindros.

PlayerGPGAPts
Lindros486 290 369 659
Crosby470 238 427 665

We all know how that ended.
Amazing stats.. So easy to forget how dominant Lindros was before his body fell apart.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Harbinger
Lose control.

How awesome would it be if the Isles were able to knock out the Pens? I'd be so happy for them.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
How awesome would it be if the Isles were able to knock out the Pens? I'd be so happy for them.
Same. If they lose tonight they're facing the Pens. Tavares will destroy them

Old
04-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V for Voodoo View Post
Amazing stats.. So easy to forget how dominant Lindros was before his body fell apart.
He played hard, his body (head) had to pay the price.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Buffalo scores!

Old
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
I'd love to see the Bruins eliminate the Penguins. Especially after the whole Iginla episode.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by V for Voodoo View Post
I don't believe in karma. But, karma.

Closed Thread