HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Playoff game dates?

Old
04-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Loups
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Playoff game dates?

Hi - I'm a Canadian thinking about coming in for a playoff game - either the Game 1 or 2 of the first series - any idea of the dates?

Loups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:14 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

I'll go with you, I guess, but I'm not paying for your ticket, and I would hope you'd buy me dinner

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Sivek

May 1st seems to be the likely date for Game 1 since the arena is already booked for prior engagements on the 30th. If I had to guess, Games 1 & 2 will be on Wednesday & Friday.

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Jaded-Fan

The consensus has been Wednesday May 1 for game one. That would make Friday, May 3 game 2.

I would tell you to expect to pay through the teeth for tickets, at least $225 or so for the worst seats in the house, but being from Canada those would seem cheap to you I am betting. I can not even imagine how much tickets to a Toronto - Montreal series would go for.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
SwordofStMichael

Usually everything is TV dependent so I was going to post something like this:
NYR/NYI vs Pens = Wed, Fri, Sun NBC National game
OTT vs Pens = Thu, Sat HNIC Game

You can get a fairly accurate prediction if you base it on TV and market size.

However....
A few things change that this year
-The CEC is booked Saturday May 4th for an arena football game (also May 18th & 25th, don't know if those can be moved? seem to recall one was moved last year)

-CBC will want Toronto for the Saturday HNIC game.

-The condensed schedule might throw out all the standard consideration.

Usually the TV Networks hold a draft in order to choose series.
CBC and Sportsnet usually want the big Canadian markets with high profile American teams.
NBC always wants an American only matchup.
The Canadian TV networks want big Saturday night games.
NBC wants big Sunday afternoon games.

SwordofStMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
The consensus has been Wednesday May 1 for game one. That would make Friday, May 3 game 2.

I would tell you to expect to pay through the teeth for tickets, at least $225 or so for the worst seats in the house, but being from Canada those would seem cheap to you I am betting. I can not even imagine how much tickets to a Toronto - Montreal series would go for.
That's nuts. Is that an official price or a scalper's price? Either way hopefully the Pens make some provisions for a couple thousand student rushers to attend the games. Otherwise you're going to have a bunch of suburban stiffs in the seats making cricket noises when there's no scoring or big hitting going on.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
That's nuts. Is that an official price or a scalper's price? Either way hopefully the Pens make some provisions for a couple thousand student rushers to attend the games. Otherwise you're going to have a bunch of suburban stiffs in the seats making cricket noises when there's no scoring or big hitting going on.
Maybe I am guessing high. Aren't the cheap seats at least $60 regular season? Playoffs raise that a bit, something like 50% right? Then add the natural increase of someone selling them. I doubt that they are going to be very cheap.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Azkals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Maybe I am guessing high. Aren't the cheap seats at least $60 regular season? Playoffs raise that a bit, something like 50% right? Then add the natural increase of someone selling them. I doubt that they are going to be very cheap.
Cheapest tickets on secondary market right now is $109. From the Pens, it is $90 but only singles available right now in those cheap seats, you'd have to pay a bit more for 2 or more seats together.

Azkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Loups
Rookie User

Much appreciated. Now only hope Sids in

Loups is offline   Reply With Quote