HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs @ Leafs | April 27 @ 7PM | CBC & RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Paul Dipietro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Feels like this will be a huge bounce back game and a huge confidence booster going into the playoffs. I'll predict a 5-1 victory. Go Habs Go!
Too bad the Leafs can't be eliminated during the 2nd intermission...

Old
04-26-2013, 02:11 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Too bad the Leafs can't be eliminated during the 2nd intermission...
Seeing as the Leafs are petrified of us winning the division (given the matchup implications for them), IF Washington somehow gets a massive lead in their game that seems insurmountable, leafs might get nervous. Granted this applies more to the fans than the team. Goes both ways though, either they are nervous and grip the stick or they play harder.

I'd say same for us (i.e., if we knew we had a chance to clinch the division between the 2nd and 3rd), but it seems every time that we've had that chance, MT cannot fire them up to get the job done. We've had SOOOO many chances, I can't believe it's this close. Then again, I think we all knew this last game would be important, for various reasons. Now we know why.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Seeing as the Leafs are petrified of us winning the division (given the matchup implications for them), IF Washington somehow gets a massive lead in their game that seems insurmountable, leafs might get nervous. Granted this applies more to the fans than the team. Goes both ways though, either they are nervous and grip the stick or they play harder.

I'd say same for us (i.e., if we knew we had a chance to clinch the division between the 2nd and 3rd), but it seems every time that we've had that chance, MT cannot fire them up to get the job done. We've had SOOOO many chances, I can't believe it's this close. Then again, I think we all knew this last game would be important, for various reasons. Now we know why.
It's all about the lead they made for themselves until they clinched, and slumping at the same time and as long as Boston (but I get what you mean)

This last game should be more about building momentum for the playoffs than any kind of strategic positioning in the standings. Besides, all their potential first round matchups are looking bad considering how they've played lately...

Old
04-26-2013, 02:28 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I thought canadiensnation had the GDT for this game

Anyways, no injuries and no gooning pls. That's all I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroccan View Post
You are right. Please always check the GDT schedule.
Ya i was scheduled then took myself off as I couldn't do it, but no one updated the schedule. ahabsfanfromontario wrote that he wanted to do it after i dropped out.

good job ahabsfanfromontario

Old
04-26-2013, 02:36 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
4 to 2 habs

Pacioretty
Diaz
Galchenyuk
Gionta(EN)

Frattin
Lupul

Old
04-26-2013, 02:48 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Must win.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:55 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Just win. Pas le temps de niaiser.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
poetryinmotion

At least we're out of elo hell.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
Leafs fans are all saying to goon it up.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Quote:
Was just reminding myself of the events of game I attended in 2011 against the Leafs by watching the highlights and man, the lineup wasn't THAT different if you swap just a handfull of players (for us, and to a lesser extent them, but still not a monstrous difference).

I miss AK and his ability to snipe - we are missing that. Pouliot wasn't bad either, but had his faults too. Also for anyone missing the DD of old:

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...ed-share-video

Make him change back to 58.
Happy to see I'm not the only one missing AK...

Old
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Let them, and the habs will play disciplined and get their chances on the pp.

Be careful what you wish for.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:05 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
http://http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/04/habs-rookie-brendan-gallagher-wont-back-down.html

Looks like Gally wants Kadri to step up and be a man tomorrow.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:05 PM
HeShootsHeScores

The scary thing about facing the leafs is that they can win by gooning it up or by outspeeding us. Habs have to be smarter defensively and work harder than them.

If the series happen, it's gonna be huge mind games, and a lot of stress for the fans.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:07 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Leafs fans are all saying to goon it up.
Idiots. They want their team to injure the Habs instead of just playing physical. Classless.

Seems like a lot of Leaf fans are like a bully who just figured out how to use a loaded weapon, and isn't afraid to use it no matter the consequences. All in the name of 'intimidation'.

Last edited by jedimyrmidon: 04-26-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old
04-26-2013, 03:10 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
The scary thing about facing the leafs is that they can win by gooning it up or by outspeeding us. Habs have to be smarter defensively and work harder than them.

If the series happen, it's gonna be huge mind games, and a lot of stress for the fans.
The key thing that the Habs need to realize with the Leafs is that the players doing the gooning are NOT the same players that are doing the scoring (for the most part).

There exists a very distinct separation between their large and not-so-mobile D, their goon line (that are primed and willing to injure) and their scoring lines. Oh, and then you have 'tough guy' Kadri who is also willing to throw dirty hits or slashes provided there's a nearby goon to defend him. Gallagher is completely correct in his assessment that Kadri is not someone he respects. Gallagher can speak from the high ground, and those who would question him and label him as the type of player that Kadri actually is don't know who Gallagher is.

Habs need to keep this in mind and exploit it.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Carey is going to shut the trap of his haters.

4-0 Canadiens
Gallagher (2x)
Pacioretty
Bourque

Old
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Love it! Calling out Kadri and it's true, Kadri goes for the guy when he's vulnerable, but when challenged by someone like Gallagher (pretty sure Kadri has an inch on him), scurries away.

Either way, Gally is a boss and takes care of himself. Doesn't need protection and IMO is a much grittier player than Kadri despite what cherry says.

As for the gooning it up, most leaf fans I know have this incredible admiration for boston and the way they play. Don't forget how cheap the leafs were during the Tucker days. They love cheap, dirty hockey and now they've got a team that can play that style. We've got to win using our strengths. Both team on their best days - we win.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
PricePkPatch

Actually would be funny to see Kadri going after Gallagher, and Tinordi stepping in and pound on Kadri ^_^

Old
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Idiots. They want their team to injure the Habs instead of just playing physical. Classless.

Seems like a lot of Leaf fans are like a bully who just figured out how to use a loaded weapon, and isn't afraid to use it no matter the consequences. All in the name of 'intimidation'.
Oh for sure I bet a lot of them want that to happen. Even though I've always been a B's fan I remember being angry at Chara with his hit on Pacioretty a few years ago...

Old
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Actually would be funny to see Kadri going after Gallagher, and Tinordi stepping in and pound on Kadri ^_^
Well, there would be an equal response from the Leafs so I would just rather Gallagher beat the **** out of Kadri.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:27 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Well, there would be an equal response from the Leafs so I would just rather Gallagher beat the **** out of Kadri.
I agree. Kadri's 'toughness' stems directly from the goons behind him so there shouldn't be any middlemen involved.

Problem with that is Goon#1, Goon#2 or Goon#3 will jump into the fight all in the name of protecting Kadri's snow white honour, and the refs will allow this interference because he's such a little lamb.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
habtastic

Don't know how to read into this, but I find it pretty funny, his intonation. I think he realizes they need to be knocked down a peg or 10. (@0:39)

Old
04-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Krnage

that would be a easy win for toronto if Carey start the game

Old
04-26-2013, 03:37 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
that would be a easy win for toronto if Carey start the game
I think you and Carey Cost should make plans to watch together. Maybe invite Patofqc as well. Who knows? Plekanec might miss a breakaway or something.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post

I've noticed this, too. In fairness, it's mostly their younger, stupider fans who talk like this. It's the paper-thin toughness of a 14-year-old after his first beer. Pat them on their heads, explain that "Maim" isn't spelled "mame", but don't fall into the trap of arguing logic with adolescents.

Closed Thread