HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs @ Leafs | April 27 @ 7PM | CBC & RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 03:40 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
We just need to play hard and let them try and intimate us. It'll just lead to penalties and change the momentum in our favour. Kadri is a decent hitter but he's a fake tough guy. No ones intimidated naz, least of all Bgally. Hope we get in Kadris kitchen, no easy shifts

Old
04-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I've noticed this, too. In fairness, it's mostly their younger, stupider fans who talk like this. It's the paper-thin toughness of a 14-year-old after his first beer. Pat them on their heads, explain that "Maim" isn't spelled "mame", but don't fall into the trap of arguing logic with adolescents.
Yes you are right. I remember when I was a dumb young teenager when kyle Mclaren had that cheap shot on (i think it was patches?) and I was laughing and then got yelled at by my dad saying don't ever wish for anyone to get injured... Especially off a cheapshot.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Yes you are right. I remember when I was a dumb young teenager when kyle Mclaren had that cheap shot on (i think it was patches?) and I was laughing and then got yelled at by my dad saying don't ever wish for anyone to get injured... Especially off a cheapshot.
How I wish you were the majority.

Stop making us like bruins fans!

Old
04-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
It was Richard Zednik

Pacioretty was Chara

Old
04-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
How I wish you were the majority.

Stop making us like bruins fans!
Sorry I'm just bored and in more of a *hate on the leafs and their fans mood atm* lol.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It was Richard Zednik

Pacioretty was Chara
Just noticed that Bruinswillwin77 had written Patches! In 2002! Pretty sure was referring to the McLaren hit and not the Chara one unless 2 years has made a big difference between now and a young teenager. (Still, possible.)

Old
04-26-2013, 03:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Idiots. They want their team to injure the Habs instead of just playing physical. Classless.

Seems like a lot of Leaf fans are like a bully who just figured out how to use a loaded weapon, and isn't afraid to use it no matter the consequences. All in the name of 'intimidation'.
Wishing injuries to another teams players usually ends up with one of your own going down instead.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Just noticed that Bruinswillwin77 had written Patches! In 2002! Pretty sure was referring to the McLaren hit and not the Chara one unless 2 years has made a big difference between now and a young teenager. (Still, possible.)
Ya I meant Zednik, idk why I thought Patchy I think i was like 13 then, 23 now.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:59 PM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It was Zednik.

You're dad seems to be a good man.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:07 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Its funny how both Bruins and Habs fan somewhat unite against the Leafs. We're both afraid the Leafs are going to come in and ''steal'' our rivalry with one another it seems

I hate the Bruins, but I love to hate them. I can respect them when they beat us and I'm proud when we beat them. The Leafs? I have no respect for them, its different as a result. I'm angry when they beat us (most of their wins against us have BS written all over for a reason or another) and beating them has been ''expected'' most of the time in the past decade so there is no glory. There is also the fan aspect, Leafs fans are mostly bandwagonners and annoying as hell in victory and defeat. Boston fans can be obnoxious at times (obviously Habs fans can be as well, my own post is slightly obnoxious ) but at least they are entertaining and many of them are very knowledgeable. In fact most of the rivalry is in good fun between the fans and I love it.

In short - I hope the Leafs crawl back to the bottom of the standings, were they belong, and let the decent teams like Montreal and Boston fight for glory. Leafs are a bunch of parvenu benefiting like no others from playing a short season. If it were 82 games they'd likely manage to miss the playoffs as they do every year in normal circumstances.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 04-26-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old
04-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Its funny how both Bruins and Habs fan somewhat unite against the Leafs. We're both afraid the Leafs are going to come in and ''steal'' our rivalry with one another it seems

I hate the Bruins, but I love to hate them. I can respect them when they beat us and I'm proud when we beat them. The Leafs? I have no respect for them, its different as a result. I'm angry when they beat us (most of their wins against us have BS written all over for a reason or another) and beating them has been ''expected'' most of the time in the past decade so there is no glory. There is also the fan aspect, Leafs fans are mostly bandwagonners and annoying as hell in victory and defeat. Boston fans can be obnoxious at times (obviously Habs fans can be as well, my own post is slightly obnoxious ) but at least they are entertaining and many of them are very knowledgeable. In fact most of the rivalry is in good fun between the fans and I love it.

In short - I hope the Leafs crawl back to the bottom of the standings, were they belong, and let the decent teams like Montreal and Boston fight for glory. Leafs are a bunch of parvenu benefiting like no others from playing a short season. If it were 82 games they'd likely manage to miss the playoffs as they do every year in normal circumstances.
That's what makes it fun to read their GDT when you're team is beating them.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:23 PM
habtastic

I will admit that since the Habs and Bruins have since pretty much most of the season had no chance of facing each other in the first round, and now that our games against each other are over, we've become farrrr more bruin tolerant. Part of it I imagine has to do with the hope that the leafs get beaten up since all of a sudden they're the new tough guys on the block.

I wouldn't say I find a modicum of respect in the bruins wins against us (quite the opposite frankly), but the leafs and their fans and the Toronto media, it's too much.

They're by far the most annoying fans for a hundred reasons. Losing to that fanbase is unacceptable. Having watched games with leaf fans, I can tell you that they have the most ridiculous homer glasses ( still complain to me about Reimer and Gio!) Also, if they do ANYTHING positive, their entire lives are validated. Pathetic.

That said, they have a good team and we need to beat them. Wish there was a way to bring back Emelin. He should see Karlsson's Dr. Or use Max's toothbrush.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
And Leaf fans are arrogant?

Four points behind you clowns, and kicked your ***** all year long. God, I hope we draw you in the opening roundm to shut guys like you up. One Bruin fan sucking up to you doesn`t mean you guys are buddies. The rest of their fanbase, along with ours, can`t stand you either. As for your feelings on Leaf fans, we`ll sleep fine tonight......
On behalf of Habs fans everywhere, I apologize for not giving you the attention you feel you need. I realize you're feeling very, very sensitive about being far away from the playoffs for so long, not to mention that you've been irrelevant in any rivalry for decades. It must have been hard for you to see your neighbour to the east in the playoffs almost every year and developing a rich rivalry with Boston.

We here on the Montreal board didn't mean to hurt your feelings by forgetting about your team for even a minute, and we'll do our best to act scared of your big, tough words. Does that help? Do you need a hug?

Good luck in the playoffs (those are the games that happen after the regular season).

Old
04-26-2013, 04:48 PM
ChoseLa

It seems the whole city of Tarana forgot hockey existed till Burke came in and then came back to life to relearn everything about hockey, in five years or so they should be back to being midly annoying.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:55 PM
habsinsider

Wow...Habs fans really showing why the rest of the fans of the NHL think of us as arrogant and lacking hockey knowledge...

I'm a fan of the Habs 1st and the Leafs 2nd. I live in an area with a ton of Leaf fans. Sure, they want to beat us, but they never talk about injuring our players or any such classless acts. Mostly they are humble and true fans of the game. Whoever said that Leaf fans are bandwagonners is sorely misinformed. Their fans are the most dedicated in the NHL, remaining loyal to a team lacking playoff success for many years. Some of you are either trolling or just ignorant of reality.

Another thing - stop making excuses for the Leafs beating us. We are not the better team currently. I say that from an unbiased standpoint. It's clear they have outplayed us most games and deserved to win.

Let's just enjoy the game. Some of you are too emotionally invested in hating the Leafs and are just spewing nonsense. Grow up...k thx.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Doshy

Quote:
Looking forward to the banner-raising ceremony at the ACC tomorrow night. Gets me all weepy just thinking about it...

Honestly, this is funny.

Please lose so we can play each other 1st round. We all know how massive that would be. It'd certainly be entertaining no matter who wins.

Hoping for a good preview tomorrow night! Good luck.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:03 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Looking forward to the banner-raising ceremony at the ACC tomorrow night. Gets me all weepy just thinking about it...

The only banners they'll get to raise this year!

Old
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
vik352

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsinsider View Post
Wow...Habs fans really showing why the rest of the fans of the NHL think of us as arrogant and lacking hockey knowledge...

I'm a fan of the Habs 1st and the Leafs 2nd. I live in an area with a ton of Leaf fans. Sure, they want to beat us, but they never talk about injuring our players or any such classless acts. Mostly they are humble and true fans of the game. Whoever said that Leaf fans are bandwagonners is sorely misinformed. Their fans are the most dedicated in the NHL, remaining loyal to a team lacking playoff success for many years. Some of you are either trolling or just ignorant of reality.

Another thing - stop making excuses for the Leafs beating us. We are not the better team currently. I say that from an unbiased standpoint. It's clear they have outplayed us most games and deserved to win.

Let's just enjoy the game. Some of you are too emotionally invested in hating the Leafs and are just spewing nonsense. Grow up...k thx.
Yeah right just take a quick look at their board and you'll see tons of these ...k thx.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshy View Post
Honestly, this is funny.

Please lose so we can play each other 1st round. We all know how massive that would be. It'd certainly be entertaining no matter who wins.

Hoping for a good preview tomorrow night! Good luck.
Thank you sincerely. I'd much rather share a laugh with Leaf fans than fire insults. Good luck to you guys.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Leafs are the best team in the NHL. Vezina Reimer, Norris Phaneuf, Selke McClement, Adams Carlyle, Rocket Kessel, Art Ross Kadri, Masterton Lupul. Habs are lucky to even be in the playoffs.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Lshap

Quote:

My own negative reaction was a response to the postings on the Leafs board on this site. Go check it out and you'll see all the 'classlessness' you haven't encountered in real life. And yes, plenty of Leaf fans do indeed wish injury on other players, at least behind the anonymous cover of their poorly-spelled posts. Obviously, knowing rival fans face-to-face is a very different experience and I have no doubt many of these online 'tough-guys' are very nice people in conversation. Unfortunately, the reality of message boards is a lot nastier than your reality with the Leaf fans you know in person.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:14 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:

Huh? That doesn't compute. For the sake of your sanity on hfboards, you may want to pick one of them and stick to it. Not preaching, just an observation. It won't take much for everyone to turn on you.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:15 PM

Question: we get an ROW win vs Laffs. Boston wins one and loses one. We get 1st place right beacuse of one more ROW. I keep hearing we have to win and Boston lose both.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Question: we get an ROW win vs Laffs. Boston wins one and loses one. We get 1st place right beacuse of one more ROW. I keep hearing we have to win and Boston lose both.
Nope. Boston needs 3points if we win tomorrow.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:32 PM
25get

I was in Toronto when the Habs won against the Caps in PO.
I must say that the town was extatic with People blowing horns in the streets and everybody being happy.

Not sure it will happen this time around but whoever wins in first round should get support from the other side.

Of course, in the mean time, it is fair to bug each other.

One thing for sure, the best defense-goalie and special teams will determine the winner.

Closed Thread