HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Recommend some shoulder pads!

Old
04-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Used to be you would see a mixture of ratty old junior pads and Jofa stuff in locker rooms, but I'm seeing a lot more of those U+ Pros along with the throwback shoulder pads.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:48 AM
AIREAYE

Yeah for sure. I actually selected that model in the summer before they invaded NHL-lockerrooms, so I felt pretty wise about that decision in hindsight LOL. They got a lot of airtime during the HBO 24/7 series as well.

Nowadays, I'm seeing more U+CLs and current graphic Reebok pro pads that are quite unique, but may very well be Jofa pads re-branded, not sure.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwBQ&dur=1422

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
Update: I ordered the CCM Fit09s over a week ago from Totalhockey, they charged my credit card, and then I got a call yesterday saying they were sold out. What the hell?

So now I'm shopping for U+ 12s.
Another update: I called Totalhockey today and since they didn't have the Fit 09s they upgraded me to the U+ 12s for just $5! It sucks that their website lists stuff they don't have, but they made up for it with that deal.

In the end I'm getting the U+ 12s for $65 when they're usually $80.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Bengerm77

Thread Jack!

What's everybody's feelings on the Warrior Bully shoulder pads? They just went on clearance, and I've been looking at these to wear for my ice games. Good bang for buck? Awful,wretched waste of money that I should avoid?

Bengerm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:07 PM
jordanking87

discount hockey still has fit09's in all sizes...at least thats what is online

jordanking87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:08 PM
jordanking87

although i did just place an order for ccm 4r pro II only to get a call later saying theyre out of stock...so their website may just be lagging their inventory

jordanking87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:07 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanking87 View Post
although i did just place an order for ccm 4r pro II only to get a call later saying theyre out of stock...so their website may just be lagging their inventory
nice, i had my cage upgraded like that for free cause an online place screwed my order

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
For those who say CCM's sizing is correct I just bought another pair of CL's shoulders in a size small. I'm 6 feet, 200 lbs, I lift weights so I originally purchased a large. Mobility and ventilation was fine but the middle chest piece would move away from my body when I skated and when I sat on the bench-so much so that it was distracting. Gave it a couple of games to see if they would break in a little, nothing really to break in with these though. So went back to the store and tried on a medium, same problem. Tried on a small since it was there and it fit me. If 6 feet, 200lbs is a small then Hulk Hogan must wear an XL. I think I was a small in Farrell's too but a large in my Sherwood 9950's. Love the water resistant capabilities of the CCM CL line and it's nice to feel cold air flow through when you skate.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
mistrhanky

Tried on some Easton 55s today and they were decent enough I think. I really liked the 75s a LOT better, and the adjustable bicep part is nice, but it is hard to justify another $30 for those. Movement seemed pretty decent though.

mistrhanky is offline   Reply With Quote