HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 10:46 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Lee was not free agent as I know. He had contract in Sweden for next season. Maybe he had out clause, that he can leave SEL for free. Dont know.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:57 AM
seeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
41 points and +20 in the Elitserien; 7+5 in 10 playoff games and +5 rating - well, that doesn't get clearer than that - he's one hell of an offensive D. What are your concerns?

They've also signed Jan Kovar from Plzen and now have 5 foreigners meaning they don't expect Zuccarello back.
Cal O'Reilly can move to NHL for free according his contract
so they can get Zuccarello back

Old
04-26-2013, 11:06 AM
seeep

Jan Kovar's brother Jakub (G) can move to KHL too
http://ceskobudejovicky.denik.cz/hok...-20130426.html

Old
04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Domen

Quote:
What's strange about? Why do Dynamo need a player with once in afive years talent level? That's a ridiculous question. And understandably that kind of money were needed to make Traktor even consider this "trade".
Because as I remember 10 millions is the biggest transfer in KHL ever. And that's for 18-old talent that has yet to prove himself. But still, I wouldn't have much problems with it if the team that was buying Nichushkin wasn't Dynamo. Dynamo doesn't have any superstar in its roster, no player receives 2 millions per season. It's policy is to have an even team with a bit above average players that are not overpayed. And with this kind of policy they got 2 cups straight and in this season with a clear superiority over any other team. And then buying 18-old player for 10 millions and making him the most well-payed player in the team is really strange. There is information that Znaroks, the head coach of Dynamo, is against paying so much to Nichushkin because it would be just unfair to the club veterans who are winning a cup after a cup.

Not to mention that Nichushkin for 90% will go to NHL after a season or two.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:28 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I remember summer 2010

Old
04-26-2013, 11:49 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
But he's been a plus player throughout his career so I'm guessing that's no luck, he must be pretty sound defensively as well as offensively.

And scoring in Elitserien usually translates into KHL pretty well. Only D who failed to repeat his Elitserien numbers in the KHL was Puistola. Others - Kronwall, Niskala, Hietanen, Maenpaa, Jaakola - were as successful. Obviously he's not going to be a PPG player but 30 points - no problem. I think he was the best D on the market without a shadow of doubt so it was a great job by Magnitka to get him.

How many hockey transfers of this kind - where 18 year old supertalent is being transfered from one team which just made it to the Cup finals to the other - do you know about?
pardon my langauge? how did the guy look last year? lol He looked good on a very weak team. NIskala? not good. Of these Kronwall is the only guy who's able to do this for two years straight being a top level player.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:42 PM
In burke I trust*

Not sure if this was mentions earlier...
Jakub Petružálek -------> Amur Khabarovsk
http://www.eurohockey.com/transfers...._country=7-RUS

Good to see Amur re-acquire the face of their franchise

Old
04-26-2013, 02:01 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDomalds View Post
Not sure if this was mentions earlier...
Jakub Petružálek -------> Amur Khabarovsk
http://www.eurohockey.com/transfers...._country=7-RUS

Good to see Amur re-acquire the face of their franchise
it was but, but it was somewhat up in the air.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Can anyone really explain why Traktor is giving Nichushkin away so suddenly? And to freakin' Dynamo of all teams? To a team which after first cup didn't even bother to add anyone for next campaign (locked out players aside). It just doesn't make sense to dish out 12 million on the kid. WTF?

Old
04-26-2013, 03:07 PM
ozo

Also what about that supposed 2M contract? Does that means that Dynamo has to sign him now in first place, which would imply that Nichushkin now doesn't have a valid contract anymore?

Old
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domen View Post
Because as I remember 10 millions is the biggest transfer in KHL ever. And that's for 18-old talent that has yet to prove himself. But still, I wouldn't have much problems with it if the team that was buying Nichushkin wasn't Dynamo. Dynamo doesn't have any superstar in its roster, no player receives 2 millions per season. It's policy is to have an even team with a bit above average players that are not overpayed. And with this kind of policy they got 2 cups straight and in this season with a clear superiority over any other team. And then buying 18-old player for 10 millions and making him the most well-payed player in the team is really strange. There is information that Znaroks, the head coach of Dynamo, is against paying so much to Nichushkin because it would be just unfair to the club veterans who are winning a cup after a cup.
They are not paying it to him but FOR him. As I understand a term trade his contract remains the same pretty cheap one he sign at the beginning of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
pardon my langauge? how did the guy look last year? lol He looked good on a very weak team. NIskala? not good. Of these Kronwall is the only guy who's able to do this for two years straight being a top level player.
The guy scored 4 points in 7 games for Lev. When it comes to scoring - you give him minutes, he makes things happen. Sample size for bad Maenpaa's play is even smaller than for the good one. And since we were talking about scoring, he came to Amur having scored 18 points in Sweden the year before and he blew these expectations away on the team which managed to make the playoffs and led the conference at one point.

What about Niskala? After moving from Elitserien he had two 10+ goals, 30+ points seasons to go with +29 rating. He absolutely delivered what was expected from him and if somebody's expectations were even bigger.. Well, that's their problem.
Everyone knew about his shortcomings in the defensive zone.

So their scoring definitely wasn't hurt by a move to KHL meaning it will most likely be the case with Lee too and he's good for at least 30 points next season.

If your point was about their defensive game neither of them had such good +/- rating in Sweden. And it's only natural Lee will have some weaknesses but Erik Karlsson does as well, you can't expect shutdown guy to post numbers like that.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
https://twitter.com/IgorKleyner/stat...39180614942720

Quote:
Igor Kleyner
‏@IgorKleyner
SovSport is now reporting Nichushkin is so upset about being traded to Dinamo wo his knowledge, he is leaning toward America *this* summer
Is it true he refused to be interviewed after the U-18 WJC semifinal and even pushed aside the reporter?

Old
04-26-2013, 06:14 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
https://twitter.com/IgorKleyner/stat...39180614942720

Is it true he refused to be interviewed after the U-18 WJC semifinal and even pushed aside the reporter?
As I wrote couple of hours earlier, Nichushkin can lean whichever direction he wants, but if his contract is transferred to Dynamo, he will be playing for them for the next two years. Then again if Nichushkin has to be signed to a new deal, then Dynamo burnt 10M USD just like that.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
As I wrote couple of hours earlier, Nichushkin can lean whichever direction he wants, but if his contract is transferred to Dynamo, he will be playing for them for the next two years. Then again if Nichushkin has to be signed to a new deal, then Dynamo burnt 10M USD just like that.
Everyone knows something has been done but nobody knows what exactly is it. Only in KHL..

Old
04-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

I wonder whether Andrei Kostitsyn will stay or will be gone by July 1st...

Old
04-26-2013, 07:41 PM
ozo

Quote:
Everyone knows something has been done but nobody knows what exactly is it. Only in KHL..
Well random and not completely thought out things happen in NHL as well, like ROR offer sheet madness as an recent example. But this simply feels so much more grand, because this comes completely out of blue and sounds unbelievably reckless and out of character for all parties involved for reasons explained in my first post about this issue. My brain can't comprehend this trade.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Could he still buy out the rest of his contract?

Old
04-26-2013, 10:53 PM
In burke I trust*

I agree that the Nichushkin to Dynamo rumors don't make any sense. 10 million? please

Old
04-27-2013, 05:31 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDomalds View Post
I agree that the Nichushkin to Dynamo rumors don't make any sense. 10 million? please
10 million is the least weird thing. If it was SKA, and there would of been some rumors about this transfer in air for weeks, I'd be fine with it. But Dynamo splashing such cash is completely uncharacteristic.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Domen

Quote:
They are not paying it to him but FOR him. As I understand a term trade his contract remains the same pretty cheap one he sign at the beginning of the season.
No, rumors say that Dynamo really wants to pay him 2 millions. I know that 10 millions is for Traktor not for Nichuskin.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:21 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domen View Post
No, rumors say that Dynamo really wants to pay him 2 millions. I know that 10 millions is for Traktor not for Nichuskin.
If they want to pay him that much it means that they have to resign him to a new contract. So they are risking 10 millions to get a player who may not want to sign with them at all and choose the NHL instead. Who would do that?

Or, the other possibility, that Nichushkin's contract is traded but Dynamo want to give him a raise just out of niceness and this one leaves me scratching the head too.

So either that rumor is false or seriously weird things are happening.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:23 PM
cska78

now the rumor is that Dinamo also wants Karpov I like this player

Old
04-28-2013, 02:08 AM
cska78

krikunov is rumored to come back to Negtekhimik and Rziha is rumored to go to Barys

Old
04-28-2013, 04:59 AM
russianhockey

Michael Garnett (Goalie of Traktor) will play for team canada @ the upcoming Worlds

Old
04-28-2013, 05:59 AM
metmag

Nichushkin for a 10 mil makes a lot of sense to me especially if they can afford it. The kid is a playoff performer and not a liability whatsoever, even with playing high minutes. Something you can't say about any 18 year old. With khl's dumb rules of having to ice two u-20 players each game iirc nichushkin is literally the best player in the league for that. Many teams hate this rule and end up benching valuable prospects because of it and frankly I think it regresses their development. In that sense dynamo can develop that young player in the vhl while having a strong forward replace him. It will cost them 6 mil/year and although that is a steep price it is worth having that u20 spot filled perfectly, the ability to develop the other prospects, having a generational prospect on your roster, one of the most exciting players in the league, and of course all the publicity and viewers! Obviously that money is necessary to bring a hometown Chelyabinsk player over that's not from your school or anything. How much do you think it would have cost to get Magnitogorsk to give up young 18-20 yr old Malkin to another rsl team?

Closed Thread