HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs @ Leafs | April 27 @ 7PM | CBC & RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 07:49 PM
sampollock

vCash: 500
leafs will run the habs, no dought.

tsn winnipeg radio called the leafs a bully hockey team, so there it is

Old
04-26-2013, 08:13 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
leafs will run the habs, no dought.

tsn winnipeg radio called the leafs a bully hockey team, so there it is
Good on them that's how boston won a few years ago, it's a proven model something montreal ignores and continues mediorcrity

Old
04-26-2013, 08:16 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Good on them that's how boston won a few years ago, it's a proven model something montreal ignores and continues mediorcrity

With posts like this, I honestly believe half the Habs HF board is Leafs and Bruins fans on alt accounts.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
I really hope you're sarcastic. You're wrong my friend.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:27 PM
LeHab

Expecting the leafs to goon it up in preparation for round 1.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Kurplunk

Go Habs,,

Old
04-26-2013, 08:39 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

I'd say that a Habs-Leafs matchup would be one of the biggest first round series in recent history. To say that a lot of eyes would be watching is an understatement. I really don't think that the leafs would get away with a lot if their bafoonery. They'd try and get in trouble and the Habs could dominate them. Habs will be more hyped for the playoffs and I think it'll be a different way of playing versus the regular season. I hope tomorrow gives us a good look at what's to possibly come and hopefully it's in the Canadiens' favour.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:41 PM
76ftw

this looks pretty cool

Old
04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
habsinsider

Hate to break it to you guys but the Leafs have more skill than we do, and arguably more speed. They don't necessarily need to 'goon it up' to win but it is their style to play physical. Proof is in the stats where their players have more goals/points than us and in the last few games where there hasn't been any "gooning" but they still dominated us.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post

this looks pretty cool
The calm before the sh**storm.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsinsider View Post
Hate to break it to you guys but the Leafs have more skill than we do, and arguably more speed. They don't necessarily need to 'goon it up' to win but it is their style to play physical. Proof is in the stats where their players have more goals/points than us and in the last few games where there hasn't been any "gooning" but they still dominated us.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...More skill, more physical, more speed, better goaltending, etc.

Yet still a fair few points below us in the standings.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Lshap

Quote:
If stats are the proof, the standings disagree with you. In fact, the Habs have played their worst hockey by far the last two weeks and are still ahead of the Leafs.

If you're measuring matchups, Leafs won against us but lost against Boston. We won against Boston and lost against Leafs. Leafs lost against Carolina, we won against Carolina.

Therefore, by some Leaf-based calculus, the best team in the EC should be Carolina.

If the measure is pure skill, Tampa is better than Toronto and us.

However you spin it, the only measure of a team is where they are in the standings, and where they end up in the playoffs. Right now, Habs are a better team.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:08 PM
gillings

Two words:

Galchenyuk

Nuff' said

Old
04-26-2013, 10:10 PM
gillings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post

this looks pretty cool
In a way yes, Beauty can be found in anything.

In other words, No, Not really.

Hockey is a scandal, A money laundering gang of wealthy elite men stealing our money.

Lol, So we can be dumb ignorant fans.

Yea, What?

Old
04-26-2013, 10:20 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Wow...Habs fans really showing why the rest of the fans of the NHL think of us as arrogant and lacking hockey knowledge...

I'm a fan of the Habs 1st and the Leafs 2nd. I live in an area with a ton of Leaf fans. Sure, they want to beat us, but they never talk about injuring our players or any such classless acts. Mostly they are humble and true fans of the game. Whoever said that Leaf fans are bandwagonners is sorely misinformed. Their fans are the most dedicated in the NHL, remaining loyal to a team lacking playoff success for many years. Some of you are either trolling or just ignorant of reality.

Another thing - stop making excuses for the Leafs beating us. We are not the better team currently. I say that from an unbiased standpoint. It's clear they have outplayed us most games and deserved to win.

Let's just enjoy the game. Some of you are too emotionally invested in hating the Leafs and are just spewing nonsense. Grow up...k thx.
I'm going to guess that everything except the bolded was being facetious and extremely sarcastic, mostly cuz of the injury thing when it's the leafs board that is wishing injury on us (haven't seen a single post by us like that).

If not, dude, you've been brainwashed. Seek medical attention immediately. I too live right outside Toronto, have TONS of leafs fan friends, so if anything I know how everything you just reverse said is true to an unimaginable degree. By the way, as for bandwagonning, when the leafs aren't doing well (btw doing well can include winning two games in a row), everyone put their jays hat on, talks about the raptors, picks another team to follow, doesn't follow hockey. I know Toronto and leaf fandom inside and out. I live the rivalry every day. Anyway, that's IF you weren't being sarcastic, which I dearly hope you were otherwise, as someone said previously, there is no such thing as Habs are my favourite team and Leafs are my 30th favourite, let alone 2nd. It's an oxymoronic statement.

As for the injuring thing, during my rec hockey season, you should have heard my friend's diatribe about Colton Orr (backed by everyone else on the team who are leafs fans). It...I..just can't even. F the leafs.

Last edited by habtastic: 04-26-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old
04-26-2013, 10:24 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
Two words:

Galchenyuk

Nuff' said
win

(not sure of the word count though)

Old
04-26-2013, 11:15 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
In a way yes, Beauty can be found in anything.

In other words, No, Not really.

Hockey is a scandal, A money laundering gang of wealthy elite men stealing our money.

Lol, So we can be dumb ignorant fans.

Yea, What?
Wouldn't it be stealing if they forced you to give it?

These guys are much better than 99.999% of people at something millions watch religiously on TV and tens of thousands in person, thats the reason they are rich. There is nothing about stealing there, especially since an abnormally large % of that money comes back in tax.

Sure it would be nice if all the poor had more money ect ect, but then they would spend even more money on hockey stuff and the hockey players would be even richer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUOTE=gillings
Two words:

Galchenyuk

Nuff' said
Thats one word tho..

But I agree. GALCHENYUK!!!! !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsinsider
They also have an abnormally high team shot percentage and one of the worse shot for/against differential in the league. They have many players overachieving this year and are bound to regress with more time.

Who overachieves this year on the Habs? Ryder? Who else?

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 04-26-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old
04-26-2013, 11:40 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
The penis mightier
My penis made of steel, and always full.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:42 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
The calm before the sh**storm.
Basically

Can't even wait until Game One, the Bell Centre is gonna be a mad house.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:59 PM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

If these two meet up in the playoffs, for the 1.5-2 week duration of the series I will cease to be a decent human being to anyone wearing leaf colors or openly cheering for the leafs.

Just kidding...

But seriously...

Old
04-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Looking forward to the banner-raising ceremony at the ACC tomorrow night. Gets me all weepy just thinking about it...

Awesome... I may wind up stealing your idea and shopping some of my own text if we meet them in the playoffs.

With your permission of course...

Old
04-27-2013, 12:47 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Send a message. Win the game, get 2nd place, see you fellas in the second round.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:00 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
They're definitely stronger. Most likely faster but I don't know if they're more skilled.

If we play them in the playoffs we have to play lights out the whole series and nothing less. Price/Budaj we'll have to be even better.

I'm not optimistic but I don't feel quite as hopeless after last night. Ryder will definitely have to step it up.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:00 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Send a message. Win the game, get 2nd place, see you fellas in the second round.
This.

Of course, will need some help from WSH to make it a special sat night or the Sens Sunday night (either passing the leafs or just winning that last game).

I think Ovi needs some padding in the Rocket race.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:03 AM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Let's do it

Closed Thread