HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty 39pts in 43gp

Old
04-26-2013, 06:34 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Pacioretty, 39 points in 43 games showing up 1 game in 2.

If he showed up every game he would get 78 points. He reminds me of Gretzky ;-)

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Everybody is so mad in this thread... It's not hard to understand... The guy is producing but he's not playing like he can. There's no DD/Eller crap in this thread...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Native

i agree, when you look at the stats, you can't help but feel a bit surprised with pac's numbers. personally, i like many, feel somewhat let down or disappointed with him, despite his near ppg production.

when i realized that, i wondered: is it me? die-hard, can't be pleased habs fan?

pacs is very streaky and many times, he accumulates points without you noticing. when he wasn't scoring, he was collecting assists.

the past few games, he's been picking up on the hitting and finishing off his checks. you can feel his emotion in them. like we all feel. angry, upset with our late season slide, and trying to vent his frustrations.

he still needs time to temper himself, find consistency. when he was slumping, he was more perimeter and leaving the big body work to the little guys. he has to attack the net more, mix his attack, and just drive hard using his speed.

cole's game insulated pacs more so than gally just because cole was more similiar to him than gally. in turn, cole also helped out david in that way.

wish we can have the entire cake to eat it all ourselves, but the reality is we can't. not right now.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Yay Pacioretty. In a perfect world, I'd like him to be more physical. But it doesn't seem to be his persona. Nice that he has produced well despite maybe his center not having really had the year we expected. What else to say?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
la25ecoupe

1 Max Pacioretty 39
2 P.K. Subban 38
3 Michael Ryder 35
4 Tomas Plekanec 32
5 David Desharnais 28
6 Andrei Markov 28
7 Lars Eller 27
8 Brian Gionta 26
9 Brendan Gallagher 26
10 Alex Galchenyuk 26

Man we pretty good

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
1 Max Pacioretty 39
2 P.K. Subban 38
3 Michael Ryder 35
4 Tomas Plekanec 32
5 David Desharnais 28
6 Andrei Markov 28
7 Lars Eller 27
8 Brian Gionta 26
9 Brendan Gallagher 26
10 Alex Galchenyuk 26

Man we pretty good
If they kept the pace, and we had a full season, we'd have 2 players above 70(Including 1 Dman), two above 60, two above 50(Including 1 dman and a center on a bad year) and I think 4 above 40 (Including 2 rookies.)!!!

Old
04-26-2013, 09:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

No issue with max. He could be better but many can.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:55 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Everybody is so mad in this thread... It's not hard to understand... The guy is producing but he's not playing like he can. There's no DD/Eller crap in this thread...
People argued the same science fiction when Kovalev was getting 65 points a season:

"if only he tried every game".

Old
04-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If they kept the pace, and we had a full season, we'd have 2 players above 70(Including 1 Dman), two above 60, two above 50(Including 1 dman and a center on a bad year) and I think 4 above 40 (Including 2 rookies.)!!!
That's missing Diaz too who has 14 points in 22 games, which is a 52 point pace.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
That's missing Diaz too who has 14 points in 22 games, which is a 52 point pace.
Doesn't really count as he can only stay on that pace if Subban is out of the lineup and he gets 1st PP unit time with Markov.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:24 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Fair enough.

Why dont you keep it on a level playing field and use the same criteria to criticize Galchenyuk (some might say that he is not playing as well as he can right now--some "warranted" criticism) who plays on Eller's line.

You up for it?
You want him to criticize the youngest player in the NHL for not producing more?

c3z4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
1 Max Pacioretty 39
2 P.K. Subban 38
3 Michael Ryder 35
4 Tomas Plekanec 32
5 David Desharnais 28
6 Andrei Markov 28
7 Lars Eller 27
8 Brian Gionta 26
9 Brendan Gallagher 26
10 Alex Galchenyuk 26

Man we pretty good
Man that 2007 draft is absolutely amazing.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:50 PM
capebretoncanadien

Patches has been fine. What do you expect outta the guy? 90 point years?

I think he's made a great impact overall. People crap on DD all the time but over the last ten games in which we've struggled that whole line has been the best from an offensive standpoint.

That line to my eye has had the most consistent offensive zone possession and legit chances of any line on the team.

I think patches has it in him to be PPG next year with ~30 goals.

He's a stud quit hatin.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

He's still a young guy. He's going to show a lot more over the next years. Not a great year, but still a fine season on the scoresheet. Definitely a keeper.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Doesn't really count as he can only stay on that pace if Subban is out of the lineup and he gets 1st PP unit time with Markov.
Or here's a though.. we find him a shooter for the 2nd PP unit next year.. one that can actually play defense as well.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
People argued the same science fiction when Kovalev was getting 65 points a season:

"if only he tried every game".
I'm not saying this at all, it's not a mather(sp? I can't remember) of effort, it's a mather of playing style. I'm saying he's producing. I don't think he would produce significantly more than he does right now(Maybe a bit more since he used to drive the net alot and this means goals...) He'd just be more useful to the team. Right now he's playing like a skilled player, but he can be so much more(he's showed us in the past)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Yep, pretty amazing. I don't think Diaz would've kept the 50 ish point pace though, it's too much for 2nd PP time IMO. more like 30ish. At least thats what he gets in NHL with boosted stats

Old
04-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
Patches has been fine. What do you expect outta the guy? 90 point years?

I think he's made a great impact overall. People crap on DD all the time but over the last ten games in which we've struggled that whole line has been the best from an offensive standpoint.

That line to my eye has had the most consistent offensive zone possession and legit chances of any line on the team.

I think patches has it in him to be PPG next year with ~30 goals.

He's a stud quit hatin.
No he has not. He could be a LOT better and I'm not talking about production here. He got good numbers, good for his personal stats but if you watched all the games this season, you would know that Pacioretty did not play that well. He's weak around the boards, rarely hits, doesn't go to dirty area, make silly pass and doesn't win enough 1 on 1 battle.

Also, just because we can see he is not that good, despite his stats doesn't mean we hate him, you guys should stop playing that hate card and understand what constructive criticism is.

If you think Pacioretty is doing just fine and playing well this season, I'm sorry but you either didn't watch the games or doesn't make the difference between playing well and getting points, because THERE IS a difference.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:25 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r View Post
You want him to criticize the youngest player in the NHL for not producing more?
No, I am using absurdity to point out absurdity.

It is absurd to criticize and nit pick our leading points scorer, Pacioretty, when he has had an injury filled season and everyone on the team "could do better".

Just as it would be absurd to criticize and nit pick Galchenyuk.

Hope you now understand.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:26 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
No he has not. He could be a LOT better and I'm not talking about production here. He got good numbers, good for his personal stats but if you watched all the games this season, you would know that Pacioretty did not play that well. He's weak around the boards, rarely hits, doesn't go to dirty area, make silly pass and doesn't win enough 1 on 1 battle.

Also, just because we can see he is not that good, despite his stats doesn't mean we hate him, you guys should stop playing that hate card and understand what constructive criticism is.

If you think Pacioretty is doing just fine and playing well this season, I'm sorry but you either didn't watch the games or doesn't make the difference between playing well and getting points, because THERE IS a difference.
This post for example.........

Old
04-26-2013, 11:30 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
The numbers don't do him justice - he's been invisible much of this year, save for some hot stretches.

Not even about proportions, he just hasn't been as dominant out there. Gallagher is the one who has picked up most of the slack on his line all year.
says the guy who's picture is of Brian "the ghost" Gionta lol.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:31 PM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Yeah his point production hasnt given his game justice.
I want to see him hit more. We need his power forward stats more.
He's not a power forward guys

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars0987 View Post
He's not a power forward guys
Yup he's not but he still can finish his check.

Almost feels like he's not sure how to hit anymore since he got suspended for his hit on Letang.

Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 04-27-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:04 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Yup he's not but he still can finish his check.

Almost feels like he's not sure how to hit anymore since he was suspended on his hit on Letang.
So what's the solution to your perceived Pacioretty dilemma?

Press box him?
Cut his ice time?
Move him to a different line?
Fire Therrien for not coaching him well enough?
Bag skating in practice?
Move him to a different line?

I am curious to see how you can turn Pacioretty into the player you think he should be (in your mind).

Old
04-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, I am using absurdity to point out absurdity.

It is absurd to criticize and nit pick our leading points scorer, Pacioretty, when he has had an injury filled season and everyone on the team "could do better".

Just as it would be absurd to criticize and nit pick Galchenyuk.

Hope you now understand.
I agree with you that some people are a bit too harsh on Pacioretty's season, the numbers are there but I don't think they're telling the whole story. If we look at every game individually, how many games can we honestly and clearly say Pacioretty was our best player on that given night. He was great in that hot streak following the Cam Ward mistake but other than that he hasn't been a gamebreaker for us. As odd and subjective as it may sound, it feels like the points that Pacioretty gets are not deserved or just lucky in general. Now I'm obviously vague here and if you're gonna play devil's advocate you can always say that a player makes his own luck but I don't think that's the case here.

The issue I have here is that people can't marginalize Pacioretty's production like some people did in 2005-2007 when Ryder used to be considered the most useless 30 goal scorer in the league. The most common complaint I see is that people would like to see Pacioretty hit more, personally I don't think it's part of his game and that he that nastiness in him to bring that element on daily basis. He's shown flashes (Letang & McDonagh hits) that he can play with an edge but it's definitely not something that his game is based on. The issue I personally had with Pacioretty this year is that I find he's changed his game a bit this year, he plays more on the perimeter and doesn't crash the net as often as he used to a couple years ago. He tries to be more fancy with the puck and is looking more and more like a Blake Wheeler than an Erik Cole out there.

The thing I find the most surprising in his stats is the fact that he has 0 GWG even tho he has 15 goals this season.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:25 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
The thing I find the most surprising in his stats is the fact that he has 0 GWG even tho he has 15 goals this season.
In any table with 100 stats there will be some surprising ones.