HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty 39pts in 43gp

Old
04-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars0987 View Post
says the guy who's picture is of Brian "the ghost" Gionta lol.
Give your head a shake.

If Patches put in half the effort Gio does, he'd be a much better player.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Give your head a shake.

This is BS... both Patches and Gio always give their 100%.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:38 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
People argued the same science fiction when Kovalev was getting 65 points a season:

"if only he tried every game".
I agree. The whole ''plays 1 game out of 4'' thing about any player has always been pure fantasy.

One thing about Pacioretty that might make a few here unhappy about his play is that he's not been the power forward many want him to become. Not bloodthirsty enough and too concerned with things such as ''skills'' and actually playing hockey effectively.

Disclaimer : I wouldn't mind if Pacioretty were a Lindros like bulldozer but lets not expect players to become what they are not. He's big and strong and uses that size sometimes but doesn't have much of a mean streak. Without being a puss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999
True. And Gorges too. Guys that are the heart of the team but get bashed far more than they deserve.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

I think that Pacioretty is a guy who trains really hard and takes care of himself outside the rink. I don't think he's a guy who floats and takes games off. So it's not a lack of will, it's not a lack of effort.

I wonder if it could related to the lockout and/or the way Pacioretty trained in preparation for the lockout. Maybe his training and himself are better suited for a long 82 games grind over many months rather 3 months of a condensed schedule.

Just a thought. I could be way off.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Gio gives his 100% but he is just not as good.

MaxPac on the other hand, could be a lot, lot better like he has shown before.

I don't remember saying MaxPac was dominant or simply played great after a game very often this season. He was not bad but he could have been a lot better. Gallagher who played on the same line often this season was much more visible with his effort and intensity compared to MP and DD.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:49 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Give your head a shake.

ya

but gionta is like uh bad

Bust.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 01:53 AM
DAChampion

In elementary school, you get an "A" for effort.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 03:41 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
In elementary school, you get an "A" for effort.
Apparently MaxPac only gets an ''A'' every 3 games..
If he was giving an ''A'' every game he'd be tied with St-Louis for leading scorer, don't you know this?..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
ya

but gionta is like uh bad

Bust.
no

Wrong answer.

Quote:
If Patches has, he hasn't shown it consistently. He has another level in him, we all know that. I want that intensity back. I hope we'll see it in the playoffs.

Maybe effort was the wrong word. Gionta plays with intensity, always, even when he's not producing. Can't really say the same about Patches this season.

Last edited by Coldplay: 04-27-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:27 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Maxpac's numbers are quite good considering his center, Desharnais, has played like crap for most of the year. Maxpac and Gally have had to create scoring chances despite the atrocious play of Desharnais.

Max will be a point a game player when he gets a real NHL center to play with.
starting next year

GALCHENYUK

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:41 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Pacioretty has been doing his job well. I think many are underwhelmed because they are used to continual improvement from him, but he's pretty much in his prime now, it's normal that his play has leveled off. This is the player we're going to have for the next while, and we're lucky to have him.
AGREED , he is streaky and always will be

if the tops out at 65-70 points

its the best contract signed by a team in years lately

in his prime for the whole contract at 4.5

ITS FAIR FOR BOTH SIDES ...EXACTLY WHAT HE IS WORTH

Perry make nearly double , there isn a GM in hockey who would take Perry at twice the money for maybe a touch more production , who will be in decline for 3 years at least in that term

GREAT SIGNING

Old
04-27-2013, 08:27 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Man that 2007 draft is absolutely amazing.
McDonaugh

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:36 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
If they kept the pace, and we had a full season, we'd have 2 players above 70(Including 1 Dman), two above 60, two above 50(Including 1 dman and a center on a bad year) and I think 4 above 40 (Including 2 rookies.)!!!
Nope, Desharnais paces out at just under 49.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
AGREED , he is streaky and always will be

if the tops out at 65-70 points

its the best contract signed by a team in years lately

in his prime for the whole contract at 4.5

ITS FAIR FOR BOTH SIDES ...EXACTLY WHAT HE IS WORTH

Perry make nearly double , there isn a GM in hockey who would take Perry at twice the money for maybe a touch more production , who will be in decline for 3 years at least in that term

GREAT SIGNING
Different timing.
Corey Perry's current contract is more similar to MaxPac's extension.
He was on a 5year deal at 5.35M/y. I believe that was his first big deal coming out of his ELC. He didn't go through a bridge deal like MaxPac.
During that deal he won awards, scored 50 goals and reached a career high of 98pts.
That's why he got a big extension.
Pretty sure MaxPac will break the bank after his contract if he flirts with the 100pt plateau.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:25 AM
habtastic

If he could just get his aim in check, he'd be scoring more. Sure he needs to get closer to the net, but comparing him to last year, he would get that extra stride to get in front of the D man (never with great puck control, just north south pushing it, like Cole) and would roof it.

I think he works pretty hard, he just has to get that magic back. It's such a small difference in his game, I'm expecting him to ramp it up.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:49 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Different timing.
Corey Perry's current contract is more similar to MaxPac's extension.
He was on a 5year deal at 5.35M/y. I believe that was his first big deal coming out of his ELC. He didn't go through a bridge deal like MaxPac.
During that deal he won awards, scored 50 goals and reached a career high of 98pts.
That's why he got a big extension.
Pretty sure MaxPac will break the bank after his contract if he flirts with the 100pt plateau.
both Perry and Getz got paid for being front line stars before but now neither has lived up to an 8mil contract the last few years

dont use this lucky shortended year as a base to work with , Anaheim picked the right time to get hot and both had the team by the balls and they caved in

there isnt a hope in hell both are productive til 36 on dumb contracts , Getz is like Mike Richards , their best producing years are behind them

Max is great value and locked up , its like I said before its the Gio contracts at 5 mil for 40-50 points that hurt you

Max isnt a front liner like Toewes , Kopitar , Sedin , etc.... and is paid fairly for a solid top 6 forward .

Old
04-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
McDonaugh
Can't believe we traded him for Gomez

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:33 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Disapponted at his effort, but he's still putting up points so who cares. Both him and desharnais have had disapointing seasons. But then you look at the points total and it's what was to be expected.

So again: who gives a ****

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Disapponted at his effort, but he's still putting up points so who cares. Both him and desharnais have had disapointing seasons. But then you look at the points total and it's what was to be expected.

So again: who gives a ****
Well this is a case of a player getting a lot of points without giving "enough" effort for his team.

Personally, good for him and his stats but from a team standpoint, he could be a lot more implicated for his team.

As much of a DD detractor I am, MaxPac should also help DD in this difficult season by creating space, crashing the net so that DD can play his game a bit more. No doubt Gallagher is a net crasher but he's no last year's Cole. Want it or not but MaxPac needs to take that role too. Sometimes, I don't feel Pacioretty works hard enough for his goals. He just stand there and wait for the perfect pass, while a little guy like Gallagher is the complete opposite, he works really hard for his goals, going to the dirty area, bringing the puck with him and goes head first towards the goalie.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:09 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
No he has not. He could be a LOT better and I'm not talking about production here. He got good numbers, good for his personal stats but if you watched all the games this season, you would know that Pacioretty did not play that well. He's weak around the boards, rarely hits, doesn't go to dirty area, make silly pass and doesn't win enough 1 on 1 battle.

Also, just because we can see he is not that good, despite his stats doesn't mean we hate him, you guys should stop playing that hate card and understand what constructive criticism is.

If you think Pacioretty is doing just fine and playing well this season, I'm sorry but you either didn't watch the games or doesn't make the difference between playing well and getting points, because THERE IS a difference.
Pacs is also a playmaker hence he passes more than a pure shooter. Sure he should go to the net more but DD and BG are already doing that. I would like to see DD shoot more

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Pacs is also a playmaker hence he passes more than a pure shooter. Sure he should go to the net more but DD and BG are already doing that. I would like to see DD shoot more
I don't see Paciopretty as a playmaker, like at all. I think he has very little creativity when he has the puck and not a very good passer.

For me, he's simply a sniper.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:29 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I don't see Paciopretty as a playmaker, like at all. I think he has very little creativity when he has the puck and not a very good passer.

For me, he's simply a sniper.
LOL. Voluntary typo?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 2100
Don't kid yourself... Pacioretty is always working hard.

And no, he's not "simply" a sniper. His playmaking skills are very underrated. He was, I think, considered a top 5 playmaker in the 2007 draft.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
both Perry and Getz got paid for being front line stars before but now neither has lived up to an 8mil contract the last few years

dont use this lucky shortended year as a base to work with , Anaheim picked the right time to get hot and both had the team by the balls and they caved in

there isnt a hope in hell both are productive til 36 on dumb contracts , Getz is like Mike Richards , their best producing years are behind them

Max is great value and locked up , its like I said before its the Gio contracts at 5 mil for 40-50 points that hurt you

Max isnt a front liner like Toewes , Kopitar , Sedin , etc.... and is paid fairly for a solid top 6 forward .
I really don't know what you're talking about..

Getzlaf has consistently put up an above ppg pace in 5 over the last 6 years (including this one). He's reached the 90pt mark as well. Last season was a bad year, but that's it.
So I don't see how his best productive years are behind him when he's just 27, nor do I understand the comparison of Richards seeing how he only has 2 seasons of ppg pace. Not at all comparable.

Getzlaf is worth his contract more so than Perry. But still, Perry is a big winger that reached 50 goals just two seasons ago, so ya, he was going to get a huge pay day no matter what.

As I said, if MaxPac scores 50 goals two years from now, he will get a huge amount of money on the UFA market.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
LOL. Voluntary typo?
haha, it wasn't on purpose.. but not a bad idea if he gets too soft and pretty.