HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?
Yes 36 42.35%
No 49 57.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 10:29 AM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Guys who purchased a house or condo, I've been thinking of saving up to buy a condo in a few years. I have a few questions though, how much is it recommended to have saved up for down payment? Is a condo worth it in Montreal or is it too expensive? Can I rent it out at no loss if I don't want to move in immediately?

I have not bought any condo/house yet.

I looked at some information before

you need to have a minimum down payment of 5% generally.
If your downpayment is less than 20% you have to pay a 2% (not sure about the number) for insurance to the CMHC (Canada mortgage and housing corporation)
http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/index.cfm
Maximum time to pay has passed from 30 to 25 years.

Have you heard about the RAP (regime acces propriété). you can put up to 25k to your RRSP (REER) and buy your house with that money without penalty. 15 years to pay back the RRSP

Yes you can buy the condo and then rent it to someone.
you have to consider paying co-ownership fee(frais de copropriété), school, city and welcome tax.
I find condo price in montreal is high, but alot less than a house. If you can live in south shore, you`ll save alot more money.

you can have decent condo for 180-200k in montreal (not downtown)
and bungalow house for 250k in south shore

any question, i might be able to help you

Old
04-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Music question...

Okay another trivia question...As you know, I'm an oldie around here...(41), but I'm interested in going back to memory lane. I'm interested in finding every top 100 songs for the last, let say 20 years. But in a way that it will be really easy to scroll them all...and listen to them rapidly. I thought of a site like the Billboard site, but somehow, unless I'm a total goof, it's not that easy to listen to all those songs (I know, it says to listen to them through "my space", but then it's one song at a time etc...) And Billboard as is, doesn't seem to have a chart for each year. To find each year, you seem to have to go throug the net and ask for it....

I'd prefer to see ITunes have it. Easy to listen to with their arrow in front of each song, no need to have the full song, just a glimpse is enough for me. But is that me or ITunes do not have a top 100 for each year? Any other sites out there, user friendly and what I'm looking for? Thanks!

Old
04-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamateizer View Post
I have not bought any condo/house yet.

I looked at some information before

you need to have a minimum down payment of 5% generally.
If your downpayment is less than 20% you have to pay a 2% (not sure about the number) for insurance to the CMHC (Canada mortgage and housing corporation)
http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/index.cfm
Maximum time to pay has passed from 30 to 25 years.

Have you heard about the RAP (regime acces propriété). you can put up to 25k to your RRSP (REER) and buy your house with that money without penalty. 15 years to pay back the RRSP

Yes you can buy the condo and then rent it to someone.
you have to consider paying co-ownership fee(frais de copropriété), school, city and welcome tax.
I find condo price in montreal is high, but alot less than a house. If you can live in south shore, you`ll save alot more money.

you can have decent condo for 180-200k in montreal (not downtown)
and bungalow house for 250k in south shore

any question, i might be able to help you
Thanks man.

So 5% is all it takes? What is the recommended downpayment though? I'm guessing 20%. That's not much, say I buy a 200k condo, all I need to put down is about 20k. I'm still a student though, but I'm thinking of working a few extra hours a week and save up to have enough to put down a good downpayment in 3~4 years. Is this a good idea? Been thinking of buying a condo in Montreal area and renting it out while I save up money at my parents.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:16 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Thanks man.

So 5% is all it takes? What is the recommended downpayment though? I'm guessing 20%. That's not much, say I buy a 200k condo, all I need to put down is about 20k. I'm still a student though, but I'm thinking of working a few extra hours a week and save up to have enough to put down a good downpayment in 3~4 years. Is this a good idea? Been thinking of buying a condo in Montreal area and renting it out while I save up money at my parents.
20% of 200k is 40k.
a 20k down payment is good.

if renting, be sure to have a good renter. you might end with some morons.

my brother had a moron.
the dude en up destroying the house for 4.5k$ of damage and not paying 3-4 month of rent. he got at least 75$ in empty beer bottle refund

Best situation is having a full time work in your domain while staying at your parent house. (toughest thing to do). stayed for 1month and a half in my parents house after ending university

Old
04-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamateizer View Post
20% of 200k is 40k.
a 20k down payment is good.

if renting, be sure to have a good renter. you might end with some morons.

my brother had a moron.
the dude en up destroying the house for 4.5k$ of damage and not paying 3-4 month of rent. he got at least 75$ in empty beer bottle refund

Best situation is having a full time work in your domain while staying at your parent house. (toughest thing to do). stayed for 1month and a half in my parents house after ending university
Yeah sorry I realized the 40k thing a bit after posting but was lazy to edit.

Haha, that sucks for your bro. I actually like it at my parents' house but I'm afraid I'll feel a bit too old staying here when I'll be like 24~25 . I couldn't bring girls over here either.

But yeah, I'm gonna start saving up hard. Thanks for the tips!

Old
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

I’m not sure if this is the best place for this, but there is an active NHL13 GM Connected League for PS3 that is about to start its off-season (currently finishing season 2). There following teams are available: BOS, BUF, CAR, FLA, MON, NYR, PHI, PIT and WIN in the East and ANA, CAL, DAL, EDM and SJ in the West. Current rosters were posted by the league’s commissioner on the EA Sports NHL thread in the Fantasy Hockey & Video Games section here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1417095.

Seeing as your team is open (although there have been some roster changes,) I was hoping to get some interest in joining. We really have a good group of people with an solid and dedicated core of GMs. Only mandate is to join our Facebook group to converse, talk trades or setup games. The Commissioner does a lot to keep things organized and moving along. He advances every 5 days (off-season will be different, so please sign up soon, if interested!) Feel free to PM me or “Devil X” for more info. Thanks!

Old
05-04-2013, 11:21 AM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Leafs fan coming in peace.
Wasn't sure where to post this so your lounge seemed like the best place.

Full tilt poker is having a freeroll at 2pm (free poker tournament) with the winner getting free tickets to game 3 of your playoff series.
If you dont have full tilt poker you will have to download and install the software. I'm not advertising for them, I'm just a member there and thought you guys might be interested.

Good luck guys!

Old
05-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Lafleurs Guy

OT: Home Arcade Machines

I'm sorry, but I just can't talk about hockey right now. Just too depressing after that game. Hopefully we win the next one and even up the series...

With that out of the way I figured I'd share with all of you a hobby I've had over the last little while. Some of you may be aware of some of the arcade/system emulators out there. If not, check them out, they are badass. I built an arcade machine a while back and decided to upgrade it with a frontend. The frontend makes all the difference.

Curious as to what it is? You can check it out here:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com

Video of a demo here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4viDiAqEG4

Old
05-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
That machine in the second video is absolutely sick. I had no idea such a thing existed but I want one for the mancave, badly...

Old
05-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk27 View Post
That machine in the second video is absolutely sick. I had no idea such a thing existed but I want one for the mancave, badly...
It exists.
It's badass.
I have one.
You should get one...

So wicked.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:10 PM
FireBergevin
Wild & unwilling

I made some custom Flash vids for Hyperspin. For the life of me I can't find the USB stick I stored it on though.

Old
05-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
I made some custom Flash vids for Hyperspin. For the life of me I can't find the USB stick I stored it on though.
Are you part of the community? Do you have it loaded on their FTP? I've actually created themes for them.

Here's another vid for people to look at. Badass:

Old
05-05-2013, 10:21 PM
FireBergevin
Wild & unwilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Are you part of the community? Do you have it loaded on their FTP? I've actually created themes for them.

Here's another vid for people to look at. Badass:

Never uploaded them because I made my own sub-categories (ie. retro, vertical shooters, side scrollers).

Old
05-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
Never uploaded them because I made my own sub-categories (ie. retro, vertical shooters, side scrollers).
You didn't store it on your own FTP file? Tons of folks have their own files on there.

Old
05-18-2013, 05:22 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
OT but why is there a big scandal around the washington redskins name, and not for the balckhawks or the cleveland indians etc.?

Old
05-19-2013, 06:30 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Game of Thrones

Nevermind

Last edited by White Spy: 05-20-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old
05-21-2013, 03:36 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

If Microsoft had included NHL14 instead of new NBA, it would've been a successful reveal

Old
05-24-2013, 08:30 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
I'm looking for an hotel near a metro station with a huge conference room for a event. (Went to Bonnaventure last year).

Old
05-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Rumcajs

Francophones I need your help!

What is the French saying where if someone is too correct with their French you would respond with...."blank".

Its something like "....something something... trop de francais.."

Merci!

Old
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Isles Junkie

Congrats guys. none other than Captain Jean Luc Picard is a Habs fan

https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?t...w_p=tweetembed

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ice-photo.html

Old
06-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Habs8517

Driving licence cost

Hey i just received a letter telling me to get my driving licence. Did my 2 years on probation. It says it will cost me 113.84$ for my licence and photo ... wtf is this ridiculous price. My brother will have just to pay under 40$ and we are on the same conditions. Class 5, no infraction (condition A), same experience (22 months).

Old
06-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
You arent paying for the same length probably.

Everyone pay at their birthday (or another specific time of year, i dont remember).

So your brother will probably have to pay again much sooner than you

Old
06-02-2013, 03:15 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
Hey i just received a letter telling me to get my driving licence. Did my 2 years on probation. It says it will cost me 113.84$ for my licence and photo ... wtf is this ridiculous price. My brother will have just to pay under 40$ and we are on the same conditions. Class 5, no infraction (condition A), same experience (22 months).
You're probably paying for more month. I think I paid something similar when I was done with probation because my license was expiring in September and my birthday is in December. So in the end I paid for 15 months. Otherwise the license is around 80$ per year IIRC.

Old
06-02-2013, 03:15 PM
schumway2

Your brother pays $40 for his license? In what province? Definitely not Quebec. It's about $80 if you have no pts against you. If your birthday is soon they're probably charging you until your 2014 birthday.

Old
06-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Just wait for registration.

I had one ticket in the past two years and I have to pay 311 for my car registration. It's such a huge scam for us drivers. We have to pay our license, our car registration, our insurance, not to mention our ridiculous gas prices. Just to own a car a Montreal can cost you a couple thousand a year, without having even paid the car.

Closed Thread