HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 10:03 AM
2 Weekes Notice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
this. Otherwise would have been no reason to sign him.
Roy has an immense responsibility in his one game here. How many players can say there were signed for one must-lose game against the worst team in the league?

Old
04-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

I don't understand why he would come all the way from Europe to play in one NHL game.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:37 AM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
I don't understand why he would come all the way from Europe to play in one NHL game.
His season was probably over already and a few extra thousand dollars is always nice.

Team paid for his flight and probably his hotel room.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:51 AM
MattM92

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Matthieu Roy?
That's right, forgot about him. So Malone in for Panik and Roy in for Gudas. Bring on the L!

Old
04-26-2013, 11:54 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Syracuse Hockey ‏@syrhockey
Tampa Bay blue-chipper Kucherov will be joining Syracuse Crunch | http://syracuse.com http://******/ksvRM
Figured as much. Hearing it's more of a developmental move than a sign he's playing. But Zettler also said:

Quote:
Bolt Prospects ‏@BoltProspects
#excellent RT @syrhockey: Zettler on Kucherov: "I'm not going to be afraid to play anybody who is going to help us win hockey games.''
We'll see. I wanna see Kucherov on a PP with Johnson, Connolly, Barberio and Panik

Old
04-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

Any idea what the Goaltending situation is going to be?
A Syracuse article from a few days ago said they are still not sure when Riku will be back from dealing with a family issue in Finland.
Any chance Vasilevskiy could show up? or Janus?
or are they forced to go with Nagle as backup until Riku returns?

Old
04-26-2013, 12:09 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 546
Kucherov in the A!

Old
04-26-2013, 12:17 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Any idea what the Goaltending situation is going to be?
A Syracuse article from a few days ago said they are still not sure when Riku will be back from dealing with a family issue in Finland.
Any chance Vasilevskiy could show up? or Janus?
or are they forced to go with Nagle as backup until Riku returns?
I think it's Nagle or bust at this point as Janus and Vasya have too many contract issues overseas to get them here in time, and I don't think there are any UFA candidates available (not sure that they would be playoff eligible anyway)

Unless Riku comes back from Finland at some point, that is, but he may as well just stay there. I think he's a career European goalie, and we should do everything we can to roll Janus/Vasilevskiy in Cuse next season.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Jacko95

Am I the only one thinking, we will deal Janus this summer, he is promising, but I doubt he wants to play in the AHL again and he as seriously no longterm future with the Lightning. We will find our starter and our backup within Lindy, Bishop and Vasya. Could be quit a usefull throw in on a big deal (to the right team) or even for a NHL ready defender (prospect) to a team without a backup.

Quit a lot of teams could have interest in him, because they don't have a serious backups/ NHL ready prospects for next season. The most likely teams:
Calgary, New Jersey, Columbus.
Maybes: Carolina, Winnipeg, LA, Edmonton, Colorado, Buffalo.

Old
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Am I the only one thinking, we will deal Janus this summer, he is promising, but I doubt he wants to play in the AHL again and he as seriously no longterm future with the Lightning. We will find our starter and our backup within Lindy, Bishop and Vasya. Could be quit a usefull throw in on a big deal (to the right team) or even for a NHL ready defender (prospect) to a team without a backup.

Quit a lot of teams could have interest in him, because they don't have a serious backups/ NHL ready prospects for next season. The most likely teams:
Calgary, New Jersey, Columbus.
Maybes: Carolina, Winnipeg, LA, Edmonton, Colorado, Buffalo.
I have this weird hunch Lindback is the next goalie to be dealt from the organization. Phoenix would be a fit, especially with what they could send back our way. Could definitely see a package of Lindback and some of our offense for one of their D players or prospects.

This isn't really based on anything, more of a hunch.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:05 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
I think it's Nagle or bust at this point as Janus and Vasya have too many contract issues overseas to get them here in time, and I don't think there are any UFA candidates available (not sure that they would be playoff eligible anyway)

Unless Riku comes back from Finland at some point, that is, but he may as well just stay there. I think he's a career European goalie, and we should do everything we can to roll Janus/Vasilevskiy in Cuse next season.
Vasya's contract ends this summer. He will be free to sign wherever he wants. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in the AHL next season.

Old
04-26-2013, 01:37 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Good article on Kucherov.

Quote:
“He’s always one play ahead of the game,” said Huskies coach and general manager Andre Tourigny. “When he gets the puck he knows all his options and what he has to do. He knows where the pressure is. His hockey sense and his IQ are through the roof.
“He’s very passionate about the game.”
Quote:
Kucherov believes coming to Rouyn-Noranda and playing for Tourigny has helped elevate his game even further because their styles mesh better than what he was used to in Quebec.
“(Roy) is like drop the puck and grind them down all the time,” said the second-round pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2011. “I don’t want to say anything bad about him, because (Roy) is still a good coach, but for me, (Tourigny’s) systems – the combination style – I like it.
“When I came to Rouyn-Noranda I started to play better. I’m comfortable here.”
Quote:
In Rouyn, he lives in a billet home with fellow import Andrighetto. He and the Swiss star have formed a close bond over their European sensibilities.
“When you see a Canadian guy do something weird, sometimes you don’t understand,” said the 5-foot-11, 174-pound winger. “But we are the same. I understand (Andrighetto).”

Still, living in Rouyn-Noranda, a mining town in northwestern Quebec with a population of roughly 41,000, has taken some adjustment after living in Quebec City and Moscow.
“There’s nothing to do,” said Kucherov. “Sleep. Eat. Sit at home. Think about hockey.”
And considering his end-goal, focusing on the game he first found through his mother’s perseverance, is a good thing.
“My dream is to play in the NHL,” said Kucherov. “I hope someday.”

Old
04-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Vasi will come to the AHL for next season, thats already confirmed. Janus possibly will, too - its up to him to sign the contract. Riku might stick around, hard to say in what role, though. He hasn't exactly been stellar in the A, and he has a one way so they may waive him and give him a shot to get picked up by another team. I don't think there is really any future for Desjardins.

Lindy and Bishop will roll up here.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
2 year contract for Janus, first year 2-way, second year 1-way?

Let Bish and Janus battle for it next year, evaluate and trade other 14 offseason.

Thoughts?

Old
04-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
I'd like for Janus to get a shot. I love what we MAY have in Vasilevski, but Janus is closer to being ready. If Janus wants his shot in the big leagues, he'll come back.

Still, Bishop/Lindback could force a logjam of 4 NHL capable goalies. That's not a bad problem to have, by the way (unless you really screw the situation like Vancouver).

Old
04-26-2013, 07:34 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I'd like for Janus to get a shot. I love what we MAY have in Vasilevski, but Janus is closer to being ready. If Janus wants his shot in the big leagues, he'll come back.

Still, Bishop/Lindback could force a logjam of 4 NHL capable goalies. That's not a bad problem to have, by the way (unless you really screw the situation like Vancouver).
It's not a good problem to have when you have 4 young, developing goalies. They need a games to develop and only 1 can play at a time. Having a logjam at other positions is good because there are 4 forward lines and 3 d pairings for young guys to get time on. Goaltending is much different.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:56 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

The Russians are coming!

https://twitter.com/AlexSerenRosso
Quote:
As per Russian press, Nikita Nesterov is going to sign with #TBLightning soon.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:08 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
The Russians are coming!

https://twitter.com/AlexSerenRosso
Love it! Thought he played well at the WJC's despite playing against some really elite talent. Hopefully with all the Russians we're bringing over, Gusev will come too

Old
04-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Al Cervick

- Danick Gauthier, Carl Nielsen, Eric Neilson, Evan Oberg, Jared Nightingale, Alex Hutchings, Luke Witkowski, Artem Sergeev and Tanner Richard all got extra work after the morning skate ended Saturday.

Looks like we might draw 7 Dmen in the lineup with Lee and Sustr both dressing for tonight.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Do we have any chance at streams for the crunch game?

Old
04-27-2013, 06:06 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Do we have any chance at streams for the crunch game?
I don't see any. Probably won't be any streams until the NHL regular season ends.

https://twitter.com/JGHoughtaling

lines:

Panik - Johnson - Palat
Sexton - Devos - Connolly
Wyman - Angelidis - Brown
- Namestnikov - Paradis

Cote - Barberio
Lee - Taormina
Gudas - Korobov
Sustr

scratches:

Nielsen, Neilson, Gauthier, Oberg, Mikkelson, Jacques, Nightingale, Witkowski, Hutchings, Sergeev, and Richard

Old
04-27-2013, 06:06 PM
zeykshade

I was really debating paying for the AHL package for the Crunch playoff games, it's $40 for minimum 3 games and maximum 12 if they go the distance in first 2 rounds. They don't have a package for the remaining games after that point though.

Trying to find the radio broadcast but 1260WSKO isn't carrying it =(

Maybe it's just not on the air yet.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:42 PM
HoseEmDown

If Vasilevskiy comes over next year doesn't he have to play in the OHL since he was drafted there?

Old
04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
If Vasilevskiy comes over next year doesn't he have to play in the OHL since he was drafted there?
Nope. The only thing about the CHL import draft is if Vasilevski wanted to play in the CHL, he would have to play for the Steelheads because they drafted him and have his rights. He doesn't have to play in juniors though. He can go right to the AHL if that's what Yzerman wants.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:20 PM
zeykshade

Portland v Syracuse - 3:3 end of regulation.

OT in game #1.

Vilabik checks Connolly in the head, draws blood. 5min major in OT. Johnson went off earlier limping from a hit. Connolly may be lost for a good amount of time though depending if he's concussed obviously.

Refs helping Portland now. Quick whistle on a game winner from Palat. Chad Johnson didn't have the puck covered.

Panik ends it. 4-3 in OT. Solid comeback and take a 1-0 lead in the 5game series.

Last edited by zeykshade: 04-27-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Closed Thread