HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
I want Nichushkin staying in Russia for a year or two. Kid has unbelievable tools, if he can stay for a couple years and add elite hands + shot to his arsenal like Kuznetsov and Tarasenko, he could be a top NHL forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Highlight-reel goal against the US. Kid's gonna be a superstar, I'm convinced of it.
He'll translate perfectly to the NHL. Huge, fast players with skill will succeed in the NHL. Only things more certain are death and taxes.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Dynamo81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Putin was apparently a driving force behind the transfer.
Yeah right.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:22 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Yeah right.
I posted the source and there's other ones out there (probably any Russian hockey site) if you don't like Twitter.

Just posting what I read.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:50 AM
kp61c

vCash: 833
Quote:
I posted the source and there's other ones out there (probably any Russian hockey site) if you don't like Twitter.

Just posting what I read.
well, there are tons of crap in internet, if you read something somewhere it doesn't make it automatically true

Old
04-27-2013, 01:51 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
well, there are tons of crap in internet, if you read something somewhere it doesn't make it automatically true
Well, how do you feel about SovSport?
They're the ones that reported it.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:55 AM
kp61c

Quote:
Well, how do you feel about SovSport?
They're the ones that reported it.
putin is a driving force behind the transfer? i seriously doubt it

Old
04-27-2013, 02:09 AM
jfb392

Quote:
putin is a driving force behind the transfer? i seriously doubt it
Why?
I've read elsewhere that Putin and Rotenberg (owner of Dynamo) are close and a simple Google seems to confirm that:
Quote:
Arkady Rotenberg, the boyhood friend and former judo partner of black-belt President Vladimir Putin, already is collecting his winnings from what promises to be the most expensive Winter Olympics ever next year.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-olympics.html

Old
04-27-2013, 02:26 AM
ValidVick*

Nischushkin would be my first pick in this draft. I just have a feeling he's going to be a dominant player for many years.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:38 AM
kp61c

Quote:
Why?
I've read elsewhere that Putin and Rotenberg (owner of Dynamo) are close and a simple Google seems to confirm that:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-olympics.html
well, i know they are close, rotenberg didn't get crazy rich without a little help from his buddy. but i don't understand your leap to coclusion that putin is a driving force behind the transfer. the crazy oligarchs behind cska (sechin), ska (timchenko), metallurg (rashnikov) and so on are all close freinds of putin. does it make putin a driving force behind their transfers too?

Last edited by kp61c: 04-27-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 02:50 AM
jfb392

Quote:
well, i know they are close, rotenberg didn't get crazy rich without a little help from his buddy. but i don't understand your leap to coclusion that putin is the driving force behind the transfer
I didn't "leap to conclusions", I posted what has been reported.

If you connect the dots, it's not really that unreasonable.

Quote:
the crazy oligarchs behind cska (sechin), ska (timchenko), metallurg (rashnikov) and so on are all close freinds of putin. does it make putin a driving force behind their transfers too?
Maybe it's not connected at all, but SKA reportedly wanted him too and was offering to pay him $4m/yr.

If you think he hasn't influenced other transfers, I don't know what to tell you.
I'm sure someone can come up with specific examples, as I'm not incredibly familiar with these things.

Last edited by jfb392: 04-27-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 02:59 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
I didn't "leap to conclusions", I posted what has been reported.

If you connect the dots, it's not really that unreasonable.

Maybe it's not connected at all, but SKA reportedly wanted him too and was offering to pay him $4m/yr.

If you think he hasn't influenced other transfers, I don't know what to tell you.
I'm sure someone can come up with specific examples, as I'm not incredibly familiar with these things.
Where are the sources? "connect the dots"? Putin having anything to do with it is the single dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:07 AM
kp61c

Quote:
well, i'm a little more familiar than you... putin works on another level here, for example, when cska went bankrupt he nicely asked sechin (rosneft) to become the owner of cska. vladivostok wants to join the khl, i bless, here is some money. so excuse me if i find you conjectures of putin meddling in transfers of clubs unfeasible at best

Last edited by kp61c: 04-27-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 03:34 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Where are the sources? "connect the dots"? Putin having anything to do with it is the single dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.
Since you apparently cannot simply navigate to the last page where I provided a source and cannot use critical thinking skills to connect the dots, I'll lay it out for you.

Putin was in Sochi for the U18's, so it's not like he went out of his way for this supposed meeting.
Source, you say?
Saw him with my own eyes sitting with Tretiak during the RUS-USA round robin game.
If you don't believe me, find a copy of the game and I guarantee you he's there.

SovSport reports he brokered the meeting.
Source:
Quote:
IgorKleyner SovSport: Nichushkin deal was struck by Dinamo's owner Rotenberg and Chelyabinsk governor Yurevich at a meeting in Sochi hosted by Putin
http://twitter.com/IgorKleyner/statu...96439197569024

If you want to find the primary source, look on SovSport.
My grasp of the Russian language and Cyrillics extends as far as the basics, which I attempted to teach myself, so I don't have one.
The Twitter user knows his stuff though, as he writes for a blog called "Russian Machine Never Breaks", which is mostly dedicated to the Washington Capitals and their Russian players.

So, let's review..
Putin was at the tournament, he reportedly arranged the meeting, then his lifelong friend ends up buying an 18 year old potential superstar and player that Traktor had almost no reason to give up.
Doesn't seem as crazy as some of you are making it out to be..

Old
04-27-2013, 03:44 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Since you apparently cannot simply navigate to the last page where I provided a source and cannot use critical thinking skills to connect the dots, I'll lay it out for you.

Putin was in Sochi for the U18's, so it's not like he went out of his way for this supposed meeting.
Source, you say?
Saw him with my own eyes sitting with Tretiak during the RUS-USA round robin game.
If you don't believe me, find a copy of the game and I guarantee you he's there.

SovSport reports he brokered the meeting.
Source:

http://twitter.com/IgorKleyner/statu...96439197569024

If you want to find the primary source, look on SovSport.
My grasp of the Russian language and Cyrillics extends as far as the basics, which I attempted to teach myself, so I don't have one.
The Twitter user knows his stuff though, as he writes for a blog called "Russian Machine Never Breaks", which is mostly dedicated to the Washington Capitals and their Russian players.

So, let's review..
Putin was at the tournament, he reportedly arranged the meeting, then his lifelong friend ends up buying an 18 year old potential superstar and player that Traktor had almost no reason to give up.
Doesn't seem as crazy as some of you are making it out to be..
Because he met two people he knows and they themselves made a deal, he "brokered" it? Obviously he has no incentive to be connected in this deal whatsoever.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:04 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Because he met two people he knows and they themselves made a deal, he "brokered" it? Obviously he has no incentive to be connected in this deal whatsoever.
So he arranged this supposed meeting just for ***** and giggles and this transfer just so happened to come from it?
Okay.

And he has some incentive to make this happen if he's a big supporter of the KHL.
With some saying Nichushkin has superstar potential, the KHL likely wants him to stay in their league.
Dynamo has plenty of money, so they could afford to give him a raise and make a move to North America less appealing from a money standpoint.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:08 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
So he arranged this supposed meeting just for ***** and giggles and this transfer just so happened to come from it?
Okay.

And he has some incentive to make this happen if he's a big supporter of the KHL.
With some saying Nichushkin has superstar potential, the KHL likely wants him to stay in their league.
Dynamo has plenty of money, so they could afford to give him a raise and make a move to North America less appealing from a money standpoint.
How does this support the KHL? He can leave after a year and was not told about the transfer? This does not change anything for the KHL.

If Harper was at a Leafs game vs the Pens and their owners and subsequently a trade went down, would you believe Harper had anything to do with it?

Old
04-27-2013, 04:27 AM
jfb392

Quote:
How does this support the KHL? He can leave after a year and was not told about the transfer? This does not change anything for the KHL.
He gets more money than he would in Chelyabinsk (twice as much plus possible bonuses?) and more than he'd likely make in the NHL for his first three seasons due to the entry-level system.
If he gets drafted by an unsavory NHL team (anything from location to what role he'd play on the team), he could very well not even want to opt out.
He'd be making very good money and playing in Moscow for one of the most prestigious organizations in hockey that has now won back to back Gagarin Cups (and MVD was a runner up before merging with Dynamo).

Quote:
If Harper was at a Leafs game vs the Pens and their owners and subsequently a trade went down, would you believe Harper had anything to do with it?
That's not how sports work in North America, but I'll go along with the hypothetical.
If it was reported that he arranged a meeting and additionally, one of the owners was a friend of his, then yes.
Seems like a case of 1+1=2.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:32 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
He gets more money than he would in Chelyabinsk (twice as much plus possible bonuses?) and more than he'd likely make in the NHL for his first three seasons due to the entry-level system.
If he gets drafted by an unsavory NHL team (anything from location to what role he'd play on the team), he could very well not even want to opt out.
He'd be making very good money and playing in Moscow for one of the most prestigious organizations in hockey that has now won back to back Gagarin Cups (and MVD was a runner up before merging with Dynamo).

That's not how sports work in North America, but I'll go along with the hypothetical.
If it was reported that he arranged a meeting and additionally, one of the owners was a friend of his, then yes.
Seems like a case of 1+1=2.
IgorKleyner SovSport is now reporting Nichushkin is so upset about being traded to Dinamo wo his knowledge, he is leaning toward America *this* summer

Any young star player can make more in the KHL, they choose the NHL because it is the best league.

Your second part makes no sense whatsoever.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:44 AM
jfb392

Quote:
IgorKleyner SovSport is now reporting Nichushkin is so upset about being traded to Dinamo wo his knowledge, he is leaning toward America *this* summer
Yeah, but how does this work?
He cannot come to North America if he has a valid KHL contract unless he buys it out himself.
Is his original contract now just modified or is it now void and Dynamo has to negotiate a new one?
I don't think anyone really knows.

Quote:
Any young star player can make more in the KHL, they choose the NHL because it is the best league.
I guess so, but that doesn't mean that the KHL won't try to sell him hard on their league.
Big money playing in the biggest city in the country for one of the most famous organizations in a league that's seemingly improving every year?
He's a player they can market as a star and he's basically in an optimal situation.

Quote:
Your second part makes no sense whatsoever.
I think it's pretty sound logic, but feel free to ignore/think whatever you want I guess.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:59 AM
Nail and Nuge

If the Oilers are selecting now apparently in the 7 range and I think this is where we will see Nichuschkin fall.

The question is whether Edmonton will consider the risk of waiting for their power forward a year or two when the Management has claimed to be "impatient".

Interesting question.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:34 AM
thrillhous

Honestly - leave jfb392 alone. He posted some interesting links to generate some discussion on a discussion board, don't attack him for attempting to interpret the story. You disagree, we all get it. Stop filling up the Nichushkin thread with this.

I am very intrigued as to how all this will end up changing his draft position.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Fantomas

Can we be sure Igor Kleyner is reporting accurate information?

Old
04-27-2013, 01:38 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Can we be sure Igor Kleyner is reporting accurate information?
Since you're hung up on using secondary sources, I found the primary.
Additionally, here's Championat reporting it too.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Since you're hung up on using secondary sources, I found the primary.
Additionally, here's Championat reporting it too.
I'm not hung up on anything. I was just asking a question.

Now, I'm curious why Nichushkin wouldn't want to stay in the KHL if Putin is so involved.

I would think if Putin wants him there he'll probably remain there.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Because he met two people he knows and they themselves made a deal, he "brokered" it?
I can't believe people actually think Putin was involved in the deal No where does it say that Putin was involved with anything, only that they came to an agreement during a meeting hosted by Putin (They were not the only people at the meeting )

Closed Thread