HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#48 - 04/27/2013 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 3:00 PM - NBC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 02:32 AM
  #51
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,569
vCash: 783
Tomorrow, we can all toast and breathe a big sigh of relief! The hard part is over, this is the game we earned by fighting hard, you have ups and downs in a season, we had good and bad parts, everyone will step up their game in the playoffs, and we might go deep. Usually teams that go deep and lose, build off of it in the following years. I have a feeling we will be hard to play against when everyone gets healthy. We're getting a brand new, rested Dorsett who is a sparkplug, think what Gilroy did last night. Except the opposite.
Then Staal, then Asham (playoff warrior) and Slowe will hopefully return soon. Reinforcements will come just in time. LGR!

5 4 Fighting is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:04 AM
  #52
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,108
vCash: 500
Could we see an Asham or newbury fight today?

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:38 AM
  #53
WestCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Hank needs to play, this isn't a throw away we just made the playoffs game we have a chance to jump some very important spots in the standings and he will have a few days rest after.

WestCoast is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:40 AM
  #54
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,326
vCash: 500
Get one point and let the Fishes be the "heroes" vs Pitt.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:40 AM
  #55
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Could we see an Asham or newbury fight today?
sure hope not. rather guys stay healthy unless it's in defense of somebody for a bad hit or something. fighting now would be a waste

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:57 AM
  #56
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
I'm of the mind to play Hank, only because I don't think one night off will be a significant amount of rest. We should have two possibly three days off after tomorrow in which he'll get plenty of rest. Guys don't like getting to much rest especially goalies, and Hank would never take a night off unless he felt it was necessary. But I also wouldn't mind Marty playing, he can definitely get us the two points, or one if that's what we'd rather have.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:20 AM
  #57
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
As a coach I would definitely go with Marty here. No question. LGR

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:48 AM
  #58
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
As a coach I would definitely go with Marty here. No question. LGR
Not a chance in hell... you have to play to give your team the best chance possible to move on. That chance is not as an 8 seed against Pitt. Best case scenario you beat Pitt in 7 and that tires out Hank anyway. You have to play for the 7 seed. At this point what is one start going to do? He gets a few days off afterwards anyway... I would be floored if Biron starts..

Barnaby is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:52 AM
  #59
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
mind games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Not a chance in hell... you have to play to give your team the best chance possible to move on. That chance is not as an 8 seed against Pitt. Best case scenario you beat Pitt in 7 and that tires out Hank anyway. You have to play for the 7 seed. At this point what is one start going to do? He gets a few days off afterwards anyway... I would be floored if Biron starts..

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 07:12 AM
  #60
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Like I said, Biron is rusty and needs a start. You want everyone to have confidence in themselves and feeling good going into the playoffs. Lundqvist had his high note winning in OT last night.

Heck, you can even have both guys split the game if you want (as long as it's not a mid game 'pull', but a designated switch agreed to before game).
To me, Hank has looked very human in a few games lately. So maybe he could need som more rest?
And Biron definitely need to shake off some rust. The play Hank to much IMO.

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 07:19 AM
  #61
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
No mini break once the postseason rolls around. We play either Tuesday or Wednesday, so you're looking at 2-3 days of rest. I'd honestly play Lundqvist (Torts ****ed up by not playing Biron against Florida, imo) today. If we can get a 3 goal lead, I'd swap Lundy with Biron.

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 07:44 AM
  #62
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,655
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
No mini break once the postseason rolls around. We play either Tuesday or Wednesday, so you're looking at 2-3 days of rest. I'd honestly play Lundqvist (Torts ****ed up by not playing Biron against Florida, imo) today. If we can get a 3 goal lead, I'd swap Lundy with Biron.
That's a good plan (and totally agreed on the mistake not using Biron against Florida). Always have to be aware of the minutes the backup gets...can't let him get too cold.



And I still say the Rangers are the best bet to beat Pittsburgh in the first round. The Pens will either go out in the first round, or win the cup. Rangers are the only team in the 5-8 seeds who know how to paly a grindy, gritty, suffocating, shot blocking game that will stop Pittsburgh. Pens have tons of firepower and depth, but not the fastest skaters to get around the Rangers team defense.

Facing the surging Caps (and OV) or the big bad Bruins would be a disaster for the Rangers.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 07:54 AM
  #63
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
That's a good plan (and totally agreed on the mistake not using Biron against Florida). Always have to be aware of the minutes the backup gets...can't let him get too cold.



And I still say the Rangers are the best bet to beat Pittsburgh in the first round. The Pens will either go out in the first round, or win the cup. Rangers are the only team in the 5-8 seeds who know how to paly a grindy, gritty, suffocating, shot blocking game that will stop Pittsburgh. Pens have tons of firepower and depth, but not the fastest skaters to get around the Rangers team defense.

Facing the surging Caps (and OV) or the big bad Bruins would be a disaster for the Rangers.
So... they lose to the 8 seed or win the cup? Talk about all or nothing. The Isles always play them tough. Let the Isles grind them down and if we're lucky enough to be alive, then we'll take our shot.....

Barnaby is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 07:59 AM
  #64
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Henrik should play. Its an afternoon game. Game will be over by 6PM.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:16 AM
  #65
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Henrik should play. Its an afternoon game. Game will be over by 6PM.
why does the time matter?

I go with Biron since Henrik hasnt had a day off forever

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:19 AM
  #66
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Kreider on the third line?

Pinch me.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
  #67
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,655
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
So... they lose to the 8 seed or win the cup? Talk about all or nothing. The Isles always play them tough. Let the Isles grind them down and if we're lucky enough to be alive, then we'll take our shot.....
It's more a case of the biggest upsets in the playoffs tend to happen in the first round. And the Rangers proved last season they can grind down talented teams. Pittsburgh has been winning too easily this year...meeting up with a wall of shot blocking, Lundqvist on his game (and he will get up for the big fish), and suffocating team D will throw them off kilter.

I think the Islanders will have their heads in the clouds and won't beat anyone. Ottawa tends to get all choked up against big rivals/opposition and will focus more on Cooke than the game. Rangers have the best shot.

At least, that's the plan.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:38 AM
  #68
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
why does the time matter?

I go with Biron since Henrik hasnt had a day off forever
Hank will have 3+ days off after today before his next start. We need a point...Hank is our best chance to get it. He should play.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:38 AM
  #69
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
If the rangers can't beat devils with biron in they won't beat pens with hank in.

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:39 AM
  #70
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
If the rangers can't beat devils with biron in they won't beat pens with hank in.
That's simply ridiculous logic.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:41 AM
  #71
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's simply ridiculous logic.
Maybe but I just think no mater who is on goal today if they are competing for better playoff positioning they must win.

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:44 AM
  #72
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
Maybe but I just think no mater who is on goal today if they are competing for better playoff positioning they must win.
I get that. But Hank clearly gives us a better chance to win every day...so when you have to get a point from the game he's who you go with. I think we all agree that we go as far as Henrik takes us...so this talk about Biron needing some minutes is just silly. Him getting a game or not has zero bearing on our playoff chances.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:47 AM
  #73
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I get that. But Hank clearly gives us a better chance to win every day...so when you have to get a point from the game he's who you go with. I think we all agree that we go as far as Henrik takes us...so this talk about Biron needing some minutes is just silly. Him getting a game or not has zero bearing on our playoff chances.
It ensures Hank doesn't get hurt today.

Crease is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:48 AM
  #74
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I get that. But Hank clearly gives us a better chance to win every day...so when you have to get a point from the game he's who you go with. I think we all agree that we go as far as Henrik takes us...so this talk about Biron needing some minutes is just silly. Him getting a game or not has zero bearing on our playoff chances.
I think hank should certainly start but I do see why some may call for biron and if they did give him the go I do no know that I would be totally concerned. For the most part I have always trusted our back up.

It's a tough decision to make.

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:52 AM
  #75
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,655
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I get that. But Hank clearly gives us a better chance to win every day...so when you have to get a point from the game he's who you go with. I think we all agree that we go as far as Henrik takes us...so this talk about Biron needing some minutes is just silly. Him getting a game or not has zero bearing on our playoff chances.
If this was back in January, I'd agree with you. But that was before my Sens lost Eric Karlsson, Jared Cowen, Jason Spezza, Milan Michalek, and Craig Anderson in quick succession.

Let's just say I've become a weee bit more pragmatic after that.

Giving the backup netminder a start more than once every ice age is a really, really good idea. Like another poster mentioned, Torts should've done that against Florida. But since he didn't, the only game left is today.

After what my Sens have gone through, I just find it a tad risky to let Biron rot away on the bench.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.