HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 04:36 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk

it was annouced today, that KHL newcomer from Zagreb has a verbal deal with more than 15 AHLers, Canadians/Americans with croatian roots. It is expected that Medvescak Zagreb joins KHL for next season. Any idea who they are? Can you name Canadians/Americans with croatian roots in AHL (with AHL/NHL contract)? Thx

Old
04-27-2013, 05:09 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
it was annouced today, that KHL newcomer from Zagreb has a verbal deal with more than 15 AHLers, Canadians/Americans with croatian roots. It is expected that Medvescak Zagreb joins KHL for next season. Any idea who they are? Can you name Canadians/Americans with croatian roots in AHL (with AHL/NHL contract)? Thx
There is no 15 AHL-ers with Croatian roots. Maybe Medvescak will sign 15 players from AHL, but not all of them will be "cronucks"

Players with confirmed Croatia roots are : Drazenovic Nick, Dekanich Mark, Miskovic Zach, Murovich Tyler, Piskula Joe...maybe there are few more of them hidden behind some "anglophone" surname, like Steve Reinprecht (his mother is croatian).

Old
04-27-2013, 05:16 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Who knows how Medvedev thought it. I looked the guys you named, all free agents this summer.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:22 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Who knows how Medvedev thought it. I looked the guys you named, all free agents this summer.
Yup, some of them were in combinations for EBEL as well

p.s. Luke Gazdic is also cronuck. He is more though guy, but hey, we will play against Vityaz

Old
04-27-2013, 06:49 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
If this were to happen, I imagine in 5 years Croatian NT would be playing in Elite division and seriously fighting for place in OG's in 2018.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:15 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
If this were to happen, I imagine in 5 years Croatian NT would be playing in Elite division and seriously fighting for place in OG's in 2018.
That would be nice, but I want to see them first in Medvescak jersey

People from Medvescak board were selling story to the public about strong National team that will be produced by Medvescak in EBEL and they failed to re-sign Kinasewich, they sacked Zanoski, they didn't sign Marty Sertich nor Phil Oreskovic...so, in four years of EBEL they failed to "produce" one very good D1A line for our NT.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Medo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
That would be nice, but I want to see them first in Medvescak jersey

People from Medvescak board were selling story to the public about strong National team that will be produced by Medvescak in EBEL and they failed to re-sign Kinasewich, they sacked Zanoski, they didn't sign Marty Sertich nor Phil Oreskovic...so, in four years of EBEL they failed to "produce" one very good D1A line for our NT.
Its hardly their fault for some of those players. Oreskovic didn't want to join (now probably they don't want him anymore), Sertich as well. Zanoski got in fight with a coach...

There are players like Sarich and Vlasic who are also Croatian but their NHL contracts are too solid for them to leave... at least not yet.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
Its hardly their fault for some of those players. Oreskovic didn't want to join (now probably they don't want him anymore), Sertich as well. Zanoski got in fight with a coach...

There are players like Sarich and Vlasic who are also Croatian but their NHL contracts are too solid for them to leave... at least not yet.
Those players will not join Medvescak and Vlasic played for canada so he should be playing four consecutive seasons in Medvescak in order to gain eligibilty to play for Croatia.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Medo

I didn't talk in terms of national team but in terms of who those 15 players of Croatian origin are.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Mikey09

Mark Dekanich - great goalie for you!

Joe Piskula - average defensive d-man in NA, but good second pairing in Zagreb
Zach Miskovic - dont know much about this guy

Nick Drazenovic - great first line player for you, would be awesome to see him in your jersey.
Luke Gazdic - in NA is average, but his physical style can be good for you.
Tyler Murovich - never heard about him
Joel Rechlicz? - great enforcer, would love to see him in KHL.

Who's next?
Somebody from europe?

Nathan Perkovich, John Hecimovic for example?

Old
04-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Duledoz

He is not Croat but certainly Medveščak is targeting Jan Muršak (Slovenian - neighbour) if he doesn't get another NHL chance somewhere outside Detroit (unlikely IMO). Mursak is RFA and DRW don't want him anymore.

During "lockout" Medveščak offered better contract than Olimpija but he took slovenian club and then he was best player in whole EBEL (19+29/30). Because of smaller stature and speed he would be perfect fit and he certanly would atract some fans from Slovenia to games. From Maribor (Muršak's home) or Ljubljana is 110 km to Zagreb by highway.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Medo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
Mark Dekanich - great goalie for you!

Joe Piskula - average defensive d-man in NA, but good second pairing in Zagreb
Zach Miskovic - dont know much about this guy

Nick Drazenovic - great first line player for you, would be awesome to see him in your jersey.
Luke Gazdic - in NA is average, but his physical style can be good for you.
Tyler Murovich - never heard about him
Joel Rechlicz? - great enforcer, would love to see him in KHL.

Who's next?
Somebody from europe?

Nathan Perkovich, John Hecimovic for example?
John Hecimovic retired and he isn't exactly quality for the KHL.

I expect players like Sertich, MacAulay, Martinovic, Kostovic, Perkovich, Naglich, Bozic to stay. But even they won't be in first 2 lines. Maybe (probably) not even third. Just roster filling with experiences "home" players who will be cheaper than completely new players.

At least that's the way i'm thinking. God knows what the club is planning.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duledoz View Post
He is not Croat but certainly Medveščak is targeting Jan Muršak (Slovenian - neighbour) if he doesn't get another NHL chance somewhere outside Detroit (unlikely IMO). Mursak is RFA and DRW don't want him anymore.

During "lockout" Medveščak offered better contract than Olimpija but he took slovenian club and then he was best player in whole EBEL (19+29/30). Because of smaller stature and speed he would be perfect fit and he certanly would atract some fans from Slovenia to games. From Maribor (Muršak's home) or Ljubljana is 110 km to Zagreb by highway.

Yeah, that isnt bad idea. Medvescak looks like they'll be gritty team. Can you imagine Medvescak - Vityaz game? awesome! and yeah, i like fights, but fair fights

Old
04-27-2013, 08:58 AM
marquinhos

What's about Joe Sakic?

Old
04-27-2013, 09:02 AM
marquinhos

Well, I wonder what you think of Slovenians and Austrians? If these guys are qualified for the Olympics, it means that they can try and KHL?

Old
04-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
John Hecimovic retired and he isn't exactly quality for the KHL.

I expect players like Sertich, MacAulay, Martinovic, Kostovic, Perkovich, Naglich, Bozic to stay. But even they won't be in first 2 lines. Maybe (probably) not even third. Just roster filling with experiences "home" players who will be cheaper than completely new players.

At least that's the way i'm thinking. God knows what the club is planning.
What about Igor Lazic? Is he good for 4th line in KHL? 'cause he can play like junior

Old
04-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Medo

Quote:
What about Igor Lazic? Is he good for 4th line in KHL? 'cause he can play like junior
No. Not even good for EBEL.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Medo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquinhos View Post
Well, I wonder what you think of Slovenians and Austrians? If these guys are qualified for the Olympics, it means that they can try and KHL?
Slovenians could make a team player wise but the problem are the finances. Jesenice who are their biggest hockey town collapsed and had to withdraw from EBEL. Olimpija is struggling as well. There are rumors on Croatian forums now that Jesenice might get professional team again and that they would serve as our farm team in case of our acceptance to the KHL.

Austrians... well... Vienna certainly with their new hall, good attendance and good financial situation. But i don't think that they had expressed any interest. Red Bull hopefully not because everything that they do is just - wrong. Regardless of money.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:08 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:

Sorry...

Old
04-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Medo

Yes, they are all Croatian. Viktor Orešković retired from hockey however, again

Old
04-27-2013, 09:13 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Yeah, that isnt bad idea. Medvescak looks like they'll be gritty team. Can you imagine Medvescak - Vityaz game? awesome! and yeah, i like fights, but fair fights
If you look at 12/13 stats, Vityaz did not fight. Old fighting Vityaz is history.

Not to be OT, I like some names, especially Mursak

Btw, Will Medvescak play EBEL as well if joins KHL? Like farm team.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Duledoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquinhos View Post
Medveščak already has no.1 slovenian goalie Robert Kristan (30 years old). He is certainly capable of playing in KHL, but there was huge problems with coach Raymond, who departed but leadership of club didn't realy protected players during season when coach was abusing players. Ther is very interesting interview with Zanoski about realy wierd stuff from Raymond. Kristan was talking in such way you had feeling Medveščak is finished chapter in his career.

Also in roster is Gal Koren, center 21, who has dual citizenship, but he is playing for Slovenia - probably will play in WCH in Stockholm. I presume that he is staying.

Obviously we have some players for KHL, but most of key players have already new contracts. Maybe they could make an offer to Žiga Jeglič (winger, 25). Most flashy player of current selection and 1st liner of NT.

I would like that "Bears" would sign one of our defenders, but best two (Robar and Kranjc) are staying in Germany.

KHL in Slovenia? No way! One club Jesenice already folded last summer, other Olimpija has huge debts and has one of smallest budgets in Ebel. We don't have money ;-)

Old
04-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Mikey09

but in league is still few players which can fight. Artyukhin, Ivanans, Gimbatov for example.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:40 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duledoz View Post
Medveščak already has no.1 slovenian goalie Robert Kristan (30 years old). He is certainly capable of playing in KHL, but there was huge problems with coach Raymond, who departed but leadership of club didn't realy protected players during season when coach was abusing players. Ther is very interesting interview with Zanoski about realy wierd stuff from Raymond. Kristan was talking in such way you had feeling Medveščak is finished chapter in his career.

Also in roster is Gal Koren, center 21, who has dual citizenship, but he is playing for Slovenia - probably will play in WCH in Stockholm. I presume that he is staying.

Obviously we have some players for KHL, but most of key players have already new contracts. Maybe they could make an offer to Žiga Jeglič (winger, 25). Most flashy player of current selection and 1st liner of NT.

I would like that "Bears" would sign one of our defenders, but best two (Robar and Kranjc) are staying in Germany.

KHL in Slovenia? No way! One club Jesenice already folded last summer, other Olimpija has huge debts and has one of smallest budgets in Ebel. We don't have money ;-)
But if he really wants to play in KHL, then he needs to solve another problem he has...you know...beer, vodka, whiski...

Closed Thread