HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone knows what's going on with the metro? (Green line LG-Angrignon)

Old
04-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
I don't see why they should waste millions to build a fence.
Why don't bubbles for every single citizen?
Use god damn common sense and stop doing stupid ****!
I swear people / kids these days are complete morons and virtually useless.
I remember back in the day when I was 7-8, I was able to take the bus, subway by myself and took my little brother who was 3-4 with me. I could do grocery shopping myself, laundry all at that age.

Now a days, most kids in their teens and early 20s can barely tie their damn shoe laces.

/rant
There's no need to exaggerate. I know kids and teenagers who are stupid and ignorant as ****. But I do know other people who are independent and know how to do the grocery shopping, laundry.
Even tie their shoe laces.

Maybe the kids in Ontario are way more different.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
so she was on her smartphone...and walked in between the wagons instead of in the wagon?

wow. RIP.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:11 PM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Being a moron doesn't mean you deserve to die.

Also, these sort of problems cause metro interruption which are damaging to the public service offered. Not having service breakdown would certainly help a lot to the metro's reliability and reputation.
Who said she deserves to die? Noone deserves to die (unless you're a child molester or rapist. Then you deserve a painfully agonizing slow death).

My post was in response to those saying there should be protective fences / windows on the platforms. I know there are a few cities in the world that have this.

I think the priority should be to ensure there aren't stupid people and not protect stupid people from doing stupid things.

905tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:12 PM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
There's no need to exaggerate.
Had to for effect.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Bryson

In english:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/techn...674/story.html

R.I.P. Audrey-Anne Dumont

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfox View Post
I don't see why they should waste millions to build a fence.
Why don't bubbles for every single citizen?
Use god damn common sense and stop doing stupid ****!
I swear people / kids these days are complete morons and virtually useless.
I remember back in the day when I was 7-8, I was able to take the bus, subway by myself and took my little brother who was 3-4 with me. I could do grocery shopping myself, laundry all at that age.

Now a days, most kids in their teens and early 20s can barely tie their damn shoe laces.

/rant
Wow man really? Hey why waste millions of dollars on traffic lights? Why even waste money on pavements? Maybe we can all go back to driving wagons and donkeys and you can be the donkey because you make a perfect impersonation of an ass.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM

Poor girl but so stupid. ****ing people on their smartphones all the time.

I'm sure I'm gonna get rear-ended one day by someone driving and texting or some dumb ***** applying makeup behind the wheel.

Be careful brahs. The world is unsafe and unpredictable.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Wow man really? Hey why waste millions of dollars on traffic lights? Why even waste money on pavements? Maybe we can all go back to driving wagons and donkeys and you can be the donkey because you make a perfect impersonation of an ass.
Do the traffic lights prevent irresponsible and careless behavior?

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 04:32 PM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batarnac View Post
Seriously?

Where do we stop? Barriers on the side of every street? Helmets on everyone? Bubble wrap everyone?

Old
04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batarnac View Post
In the future cars will drive themselves and obey the speed limit and not cross red lights. And yes sometimes people need to be protected... even from themselves. As a lifetime driver who just started taking the metro I'm paranoid as **** and I always look around me as the metro arrives to make sure nobody has any funny ideas. As a child I've been hit by cars(yes more than once) while crossing the street because I was "distracted". Human error happens, losing a life over a momentary lapse in judgment is tragic.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:01 PM
ClasslessGuy

Putting a security at every station would fix this issue. Girl falls, security stop the line and voila just a broken arm. Don't have to pay 20 millions for fences that will end up costing 250 millions in 2034.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Poor girl but seriously...metro doesn't need to do a thing. Not even a freak accident. Girl made a bad mistake and honestly not sure what to say. It's like someone texting and walking off a roof. Really not STM's fault and surely not a freak accident. The issue however is that they didn't know, which is devastating obviously.

Someone mentioned security guard and I guess that could help but he won't see much in busy stations. There's the glass doors someone mentioned and that could help with suicides as they can't go until metro has arrived but essentially we're not close to that. People need to look up a little bit. We all do it with our cell phones or whatever but jesus, I at least look at the door before I walk in.

Really really unfortunate but stm should be in no pressure to make radical changes. It's their choice as these are really isolated incidents.

Either way, next metro won't have spaces between them.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Putting a security at every station would fix this issue. Girl falls, security stop the line and voila just a broken arm. Don't have to pay 20 millions for fences that will end up costing 250 millions in 2034.
Where do you put the security guard? If the trains on both sides are there are the same time then you can't see the other side of the tracks.

The STM is a business too. If they have to start hiring security guards or building these glass walls, we're gonna have to pay $150 for a monthly pass...

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:24 PM
JesusBouillon

Hopefully the fall knocked her out, as being stuck down there screaming for help as the train starts to move is probably the worst death I could think of.

Not only that but she'll forever be known as the moron who died because she was updating her facebook status or something.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Pretty sure the security guards would end up costing more than that in 2034

A 24 hour day at 10 dollars an hour by station = 240x2(For the two sides(even though theres more than 2 trains in some stations))
480(68x2)=65280 for a day....

I would've costed a total of 476544000$ in 2034, not taking into account salary raise and other things

The fence thing is more for the kids... A moment of inattention and then BOOM. kids gone.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:55 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

I'd be curious to see the monetary costs to the stm in a 5 year span due to death's on the tracks. If the cost of letting things be as opposed to putting in fences is higher than, its a no brainer...

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Giontatas

I'm sorry... NOOB KING IS BACK?

Giontatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
I'd be curious to see the monetary costs to the stm in a 5 year span due to death's on the tracks. If the cost of letting things be as opposed to putting in fences is higher than, its a no brainer...
Are you hearing yourself? No offense, but what you're saying sounds really bad. People shouldn't die for dumb crap like that, just put a damn fence.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Where do you put the security guard? If the trains on both sides are there are the same time then you can't see the other side of the tracks.

The STM is a business too. If they have to start hiring security guards or building these glass walls, we're gonna have to pay $150 for a monthly pass...
Disagree. The STM is a business that is run by unions like a charity.

Their mandate is to create as many easy, useless jobs that are protected as possible.

As it stands, the people who clean the metros at night are only ALLOWED by union regulations to clean a maximum of cars per day, after which they are no longer allowed to work but are paid for the full 8 hours. They can just putz around and read or smoke or whatever and they get paid for the whole day. I know a guy who does it and for an 8 hour shift he does about 2 hours and 45 minutes of work.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Are you hearing yourself? No offense, but what you're saying sounds really bad. People shouldn't die for dumb crap like that, just put a damn fence.
Sorry man but people must be careful first. It's not so hard to take off your eyes from your cellphone for 5-10 seconds.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
Hopefully the fall knocked her out, as being stuck down there screaming for help as the train starts to move is probably the worst death I could think of.

Not only that but she'll forever be known as the moron who died because she was updating her facebook status or something.
There is no network in the metro. She was probably either looking at pictures or playing a game.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Just put a wire fence or a 2x4 between the trains. Everybody wins.

Sad accident. No need to say she was a moron. It could happen to me and a lot of people I know. Ever been hangover and lost your focus for a while?

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Sorry man but people must be careful first. It's not so hard to take off your eyes from your cellphone for 5-10 seconds.
This line of thinking is totally flawed. Kid's could fall down there. Imagine if a fight breaks out ? Moment of inattention happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Just put a wire fence or a 2x4 between the trains. Everybody wins.

Sad accident. No need to say she was a moron. It could happen to me and a lot of people I know. Ever been hangover and lost your focus for a while?
Most of the people here are 12, so no. (I've been documented to be 10, for example.)

Old
04-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
This line of thinking is totally flawed. Kid's could fall down there. Imagine if a fight breaks out ? Moment of inattention happens.

Most of the people here are 12, so no. (I've been documented to be 10, for example.)
Dude.. there's many thing that could happen.

No transportation system is perfect. At one point, common sense is needed.

There's danger everywhere, especially if you don't pay attention. People can fall down from a boat, people can be hit by cars or trains if they don't pay attention. Does it mean you have to forbid people to go on a cruise ship deck because people could fall down after a fight or is too drunk? Does it mean we should build a bridge a every corners of the road because accident could happen etc....

One person died because she didn't pay attention, now we have to build wall's on the subway that will cost dozens of millions for 1 inattentive person out of millions?

It sucks for the family to lose her but deep down inside, they know damn well that the girl was simply careless, I don't know why they feel the need to blame the metro for that.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:49 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Dude.. there's many thing that could happen.

No transportation system is perfect. At one point, common sense is needed.

There's danger everywhere, especially if you don't pay attention. People can fall down from a boat, people can be hit by cars or trains if they don't pay attention. Does it mean you have to forbid people to go on a cruise ship deck because people could fall down after a fight or is too drunk? Does it mean we should build a bridge a every corners of the road because accident could happen etc....

One person died because she didn't pay attention, now we have to build wall's on the subway that will cost dozens of millions for 1 inattentive person out of millions?

It sucks for the family to lose her but deep down inside, they know damn well that the girl was simply careless, I don't know why they feel the need to blame the metro for that.
It's not one person. There are multiple deaths each week in the metro.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
It's not one person. There are multiple deaths each week in the metro.
Because of sheer stupidity ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote