HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs @ Leafs | April 27 @ 7PM | CBC & RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
this question might have been asked already but here we go again.
What happens if Boston loses both of their final two and we lose tonight?
Do we clinch second?
Yes. We have both ROW and team series tiebreakers

Old
04-27-2013, 07:47 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
What are the chances Washington is even going to try versus Boston tonight? They got 3rd seed locked up, last game, no motivation. Have to hope Ovie wants to solidify his hart trophy chances.
Could be a big moral boost for them to beat Boston before the play-offs. Still no guarantee they'll try hard.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:57 AM
MTL-rules

It's going to be a very ugly show tonight... it's pretty obvious TO has only one thing on their mind and it's to intimidate the habs. I'm not even sure they'll play hockey tonight... I think we'll see tonight everything that is wrong with hockey.

I just hope the habs will show them that they better play hockey if they want to win in the playoffs...

Old
04-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Good on them that's how boston won a few years ago, it's a proven model something montreal ignores and continues mediorcrity
That model must explain why Toronto & Boston have been such dynasties the last 20-30 years.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:17 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Is it 7PM yet?

Old
04-27-2013, 08:29 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
That model must explain why Toronto & Boston have been such dynasties the last 20-30 years.
To be honest, Boston have been, as a whole, a pretty good team in the last 30 years. Three "off" years, but pretty consistent in the '80ies, and only 5 seasons below ,500 (real .500, not today's 500).

Old
04-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Maybe we can get a save and some offense and not be blown out of the water again ?

Maybe ?

Old
04-27-2013, 08:32 AM
pine*

Is it Tuesday yet

Old
04-27-2013, 08:37 AM
coolasprICE

odds makers are giving the slight edge to the Habs 1.86 vs 1.95 (or -115 vs -105 if your American) and we are playing in Toronto.

That means if this was a home game habs would be pretty big favorite

What does this tell us? The hype machine is operating at full force in Tarrrrrannnna

Old
04-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Could be a big moral boost for them to beat Boston before the play-offs. Still no guarantee they'll try hard.
Ottawa will though. No way they want to face Pittsburgh in round 1.

If we win tonight, we put ourselves in a good position, regardless of the outcome of Boston/Washington.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Is it 7PM yet?
I wish - hockey and no more work.

I'm stuck there today. I hope it's horrible outside so I don't feel so bad. I hate working during nice days!

Old
04-27-2013, 08:49 AM
LoonieDeals
HFBoards Sponsor

Just try not to get injured and get blown out.

Leafs will likely be dressing all their goons to see what damage they can do before the post season.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:51 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
What are the chances Washington is even going to try versus Boston tonight? They got 3rd seed locked up, last game, no motivation. Have to hope Ovie wants to solidify his hart trophy chances.
I was on their board yesterday and they were talking about the ideal standings. They want us to win the division as they see it giving them a more clear path to the final/the don't wanna play ottawa, etc.

So I asked them if they thought they were going to be resting guys for their last game and they all said that

a) At worst it'll be Neuvirth in, but Holtby maybe
b) Ovi wants to pad his lead

and that so far, from everything they've read (I feel like they're informed about their team), they want a W tonight. Of course they're hoping we get the W as well to make that happen. It is strange for another playoff team to want you to win the division, but hey, that's what those posters want. They're not Oates, but I'm sure Washington will give the bruins a good fight. It's more about Boston losing it than Wash winning it. I watched a decent part of their tampa game and they were not the Boston team of old. Hope that continues.

It would be sad to disappoint WSH, so can we please get a resounding f'in win tonight?

Old
04-27-2013, 09:00 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post

this looks pretty cool
Pretty cool, but distracting for D men on the power play, the logo is too dark, and should be in red. It will be hard to see the puck as it crosses the Logo.

Typical NHL. Zero respect for and understanding of hockey.

Edit: I bet they get complaints from NHL teams immediately.

Edit again: The more I look at this, the stupider it is. I've never seen promotional paint on the ice outside of the neutral zone in my lifetime. Its ****ing stupid as hell. You won't see it in round 2 I bet.

Well done sucky mickey mouse NHL, you muppets.

Last edited by bsl: 04-27-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 09:05 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
NOT a Habs fan, are you?

I mean - I can make a new fake account - leafsfanforever for example and post all kinds of nonsense over there. But I can't bring myself to do that - I'm a Habs fan. I try not to slag my team or put another team ahead of them, either.
Hey, stop being mean to Renaud Lavoie! He's clearly the Habs insider or l'informateur. I mean who creates an account on the Habs boards a few days before the playoffs to crow about the leafs incessantly?

Even I've said, before the season started, during the season and now that the leafs are a good team, but we're better when we play our game - the exact thing that the players say. It's simply that we've forgotten what it was like to string game after game of domination so we have a little doubt about ourselves. I personally think Emelin was far more valuable for many reasons, not just hitting, but that's just something we have to adapt to. Not wishing any injury, but if Carlyle pats Lupul on the back on the bench, he might be out for the playoffs.

I realllly reallllly hope MT and Mario, JJD et al. have looked at the video and know the leafs set plays when they enter the zone. They stop up waiting for a guy on either side, make a good crisp pass then go cross crease. It's amazing how this confuses our D so badly and we get caught out of position. Bozak, Macarthur, Frattin should not be just left open and as for Kadri, Kessel, JVR and Lupul - do not fkin give them a nice 3m sq. box to consider their options. Gardiner is the guy to watch coming up the ice. Pressure, pressure, pressure, that's what made us great. Also, killing their play in the neutral zone. Watch the highlights of our win and you'll see how well we played against their system.

If we can't finish, well we're dead in the water. Hopefully we've got DD and Patch going again. Never know what one goal can do for a player even if it was a gift. I really want to see DD battle tonight and play like he did towards the end of last game - shielding the puck and making seeing eye passes like he used to, going to the net for tips, etc.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
To be honest, Boston have been, as a whole, a pretty good team in the last 30 years. Three "off" years, but pretty consistent in the '80ies, and only 5 seasons below ,500 (real .500, not today's 500).
Pretty good team, yes, dynasty no. The poster claimed that model makes for dynasties.

I'm one that thinks the Habs need to cut a smurf or two but I'm not one that believes brawn is the be all and end all. But then again if all three of our smurfs played like Gallagher we wouldn't need to eliminate any of them.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:11 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Pretty cool, but distracting for D men on the power play, the logo is too dark, and should be in red. It will be hard to see the puck as it crosses the Logo.

To me it looks like it might fade a bit and at ice level I doubt it's that bad, but I agree, it really is a weird thing to colour just inside the blue line with that. I don't remember ever noticing it in a bad way though.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:16 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:

Edit again: The more I look at this, the stupider it is. I've never seen promotional paint on the ice outside of the neutral zone in my lifetime. Its ****ing stupid as hell. You won't see it in round 2 I bet.

Agree, not sure if all teams will have this but the decision makers on this are ****ing morons

Old
04-27-2013, 09:20 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
No if Boston can get a point sunday or if they win tomorrow, we're stuck in 4th.
Not or. And. If we beat Laffs in reg, Boston needs 3 points in 2 games. That is a tie AND a win. No less.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
habsrock60

Quote:

They do this every year for the playoffs, the first week of the season and had the "thank-you fans" painted there coming off the 04-05 lockout

Old
04-27-2013, 09:29 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post
They do this every year for the playoffs, the first week of the season and had the "thank-you fans" painted there coming off the 04-05 lockout
I do remember it being in the Neutral zone though and for some reason not as offending.

Edit: nm, this is from Chicago in 2011

not sure from where (although might be BC based on where it was posted - obviously not the "french" side" ) Looks inside the blueline, not neutral zone.

This is what I meant by it fading when they redo the ice. Doesn't look so bad here.

Last edited by habtastic: 04-27-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Looking forward to the banner-raising ceremony at the ACC tomorrow night. Gets me all weepy just thinking about it...

Hilarious. Well done.

Winner of game gets me every time.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 4m
Should mention that Tyler Bozak is not on the ice for optional skate. Status tonight in doubt.
That does not sound good. Hope he's alright.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-27-2013, 10:03 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Hilarious. Well done.

Winner of game gets me every time.
Those were their 2 Stanley Cup wins earlier this season when they blew us out? Well done, very well done.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

If Bozak is out we might win a faceoff.

Closed Thread