HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tavares puck possession

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-26-2013, 10:34 PM
  #1
SpeedDemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Classified
Country: United States
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Tavares puck possession

Does anyone besides me notice this guy is trying to do too much by himself ?

I get the fact that he's a great player but let's face it- the days of old school NHL with one man beating five are gone

SpeedDemon is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  #2
giddy up*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
Does anyone besides me notice this guy is trying to do too much by himself ?

I get the fact that he's a great player but let's face it- the days of old school NHL with one man beating five are gone
Every time he passes moulson or boyes **** it up so I wouldn't blame him if he did. But I haven't noticed as much as you

giddy up* is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 10:50 PM
  #3
Sparksrus3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,782
vCash: 500
If JT passes to Boyes ,BB within 2 seconds passes it right back or does the pardon the expression
( Rolston dump and turn) . Then JT has to chase it and start over, this way he already has the puck.
The other guy with the beer name has not brought the puck up ice in 4 seasons now,soooooo
What's the problem with JT again?

Sparksrus3 is offline  
Old
04-26-2013, 11:54 PM
  #4
Neverlose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
I haven't been thrilled with Tavares' play this year but being a puck hog is not one of my issues. He's the guy I want having the puck. If anything we need to surround him with players capable of getting him the puck through turnovers and/or good playmaking.

Neverlose is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:12 AM
  #5
KyleBailey12
Registered User
 
KyleBailey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 500
He needs to hog more IMO, Boyes and Moulson are just as bad with the puck than without it.

He gets no help and I'm sure he realizes it and tries to take matters into his own hands. So to answer your question yes, I think he tries to do much himself, but it is warranted. I don't think it makes him a puck hog, he's a great playmaker and can/will dish it.

KyleBailey12 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:21 AM
  #6
NYI JT91
Jesus Greiss
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Suffolk
Country: United States
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
Every time he passes moulson or boyes **** it up so I wouldn't blame him if he did. But I haven't noticed as much as you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
If JT passes to Boyes ,BB within 2 seconds passes it right back or does the pardon the expression
( Rolston dump and turn) . Then JT has to chase it and start over, this way he already has the puck.
The other guy with the beer name has not brought the puck up ice in 4 seasons now,soooooo
What's the problem with JT again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlose View Post
I haven't been thrilled with Tavares' play this year but being a puck hog is not one of my issues. He's the guy I want having the puck. If anything we need to surround him with players capable of getting him the puck through turnovers and/or good playmaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
He needs to hog more IMO, Boyes and Moulson are just as bad with the puck than without it.

He gets no help and I'm sure he realizes it and tries to take matters into his own hands. So to answer your question yes, I think he tries to do much himself, but it is warranted. I don't think it makes him a puck hog, he's a great playmaker and can/will dish it.
All of these. Saved me a lot of typing.

NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:31 AM
  #7
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
Does anyone besides me notice this guy is trying to do too much by himself ?

I get the fact that he's a great player but let's face it- the days of old school NHL with one man beating five are gone
This reaction is more towards the most ridiculous title I have seen on these boards. 'Tavares is a puck hog'


InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:40 AM
  #8
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 50
Every elite goal scoring player that has ever played has been accused of being a puck hog.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 01:29 AM
  #9
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Every elite goal scoring player that has ever played has been accused of being a puck hog.
Bossy says hello.

As for Tavares, he can have the starring role in Youngblood part II and I wouldn't mind.

Bert Marshall days is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 01:36 AM
  #10
NYI91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Sigh. The sky is falling

NYI91 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 02:57 AM
  #11
burana800
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
The problem is not that he is not passing the puck but not getting it deep. That said when he gets it deep Moulson and Boyes are not anywhere near the puck and Dmen have time to manage the puck. I would like to think that JT knows that they have to get the puck deep but MM and Boyes are too slow.. both in their heads and in their legs.

burana800 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:43 AM
  #12
macleod50
Registered User
 
macleod50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 330

macleod50 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:06 AM
  #13
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
This is my reaction as well. We all know JT's linemates are holding him back big time, this should be of no surprise to anyone. We've seen what the guy is capable of when he actually has a workhorse on his line (Parenteau). I bet if we retained Parenteau that JT would have looked even better than he has this season, but Boyes is a total softie out there.

Islanderfan17 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:14 AM
  #14
crashthenet
Registered User
 
crashthenet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hockey Falls
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
To the question. In 48 games Moulson has a bout 6 offensive zone entries. Maybe JT is tired of having to retrieve dump-ins?

crashthenet is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:25 AM
  #15
JJmcD
The Power Of Love
 
JJmcD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Replace Boyes with (Anyone) and most of the 1st line problems will go away. I realize Moulson is not a great player on the first line, but he is a good finisher. If you replaced Boyes with someone like...Mart St Louis (for lack of a better example), Moulson would look better and Tavares wouldn't need to hog the puck so much.

JJmcD is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 06:22 AM
  #16
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,767
vCash: 500
Terrible title. I been upset with how many turnovers he's making, but if you think about it he's making these turnovers because he's the only guy on his line that can carry the puck up the ice. Matt moulson cant do it, every time he has the puck he passes it to tavares no matter if hes open or not. Brad boyes occassionaly gets pass a defender, but most of the time turns the puck over. He needs a guy who can carry the puck up the ice, I dont see why not give Strome a chance. Boyes is absolutely useless, I dont know how capuano doesnt see how the first line is not balanced at all. You should never have boyes and moulson on the top line together.

19NYSports91 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 06:40 AM
  #17
A Pointed Stick
This Is Fine
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14,944
vCash: 250
Give him real linemates and that goes away.

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:27 AM
  #18
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,757
vCash: 500
It's the playoffs folks. Other teams fans are going to come over to our forum & see nonsense like this. We're better than this (aren't we?)

I'll keep it open, but I renamed it.

Isles Junkie is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:41 AM
  #19
SpeedDemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Classified
Country: United States
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
This reaction is more towards the most ridiculous title I have seen on these boards. 'Tavares is a puck hog'

the last 2 games he's created handful of scoring situations. But every time there's an open man for an easy tap in he tries to score himself instead of making the pass.

He doesn't pass the puck when he needs to. that's what i'm trying to say

SpeedDemon is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:13 AM
  #20
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
the last 2 games he's created handful of scoring situations. But every time there's an open man for an easy tap in he tries to score himself instead of making the pass.

He doesn't pass the puck when he needs to. that's what i'm trying to say
You couldn't be more wrong.

19NYSports91 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
  #21
WangMustGo
NYI
 
WangMustGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 3178
Replace Boyes with a legit first line winger, and let Strome/Moulson battle it out for the final spot on the first line.

WangMustGo is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 12:04 PM
  #22
Bunk Moreland
Registered User
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 14,065
vCash: 50
This thread is going no where fast.

Bunk Moreland is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.