HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs @ Leafs | April 27 @ 7PM | CBC & RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 12:38 PM
beaverBFP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTheThrillKessel View Post
Almost as funny as the loser Jets fans who cheered their team after that horrendous season ending performance.
I was there, I question your knowledge of the game.. That standing O was for Winnipegs efforts throughout the season, the fans applauded their efforts.

Last edited by beaverBFP: 04-27-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Bacchus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Your typical Maple Loser fan:

That dude probably has mild-retardation. You probably shouldn't make fun of him. It is sad that someone bought him a camera, he some how made it work, and someone to upload it to the internet for him; but to replay it is just poor taste :p

Go Habs go! Hope we escape playing the leafs with no injuries, and 2 points, and I hope Ottawa wins. I kinda don't care about winning the division, which would be nice, but I would prefer not to play the Leafs, because their thug mentality doesn't seem to jive well with our non-thug mentality, and although they are demonstrably a weaker team, they seem to have our ticket.

Also, a Habs/Leafs series would probably so intense and destructive, that whatever team escapes to the next round would probably get creamed!

I also hope that our D-core steps up. With Diaz back and some games under his belt, and Tinordi, hopefully we'll have a more sound PK. Really missing Emelin; never realized how important he was. Gotta make sure we are not so vulnerable next year. Still missing McDonough from the Gomez trade

Old
04-27-2013, 12:43 PM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
Look at you a sensible leaf fan.

Most Leaf fans don't realize that until this year we haven't considered the leafs a real rival. Boston was a rival.

Just because the Leafs are competitive now doesn't mean leaf fans can run around with Montreal Canadiens hate.

Because the Leafs haven't earned the rivalry back yet. This regular season was a start....

But sorry Leaf fans.... You have alot of work to do still before you are worthy of my hate again.
Leafs fan here. This post is not only direct at you but also all other leafs/habs/other teams fans. I don't know if you realize how childish you and others sound when you type something like the above. It's as if you think people have the need for you're hate which is just preposterous. You act all high and mighty just because you think their is no hate between Montreal and Toronto. Who cares about whether you hate this team or that team and whether the other team is worthy of your hate.

I couldn't care less whether you think my hate is worthy of you. All I know is that right now the Leafs and Habs are playing the last regular season game that may end up determining the tone of the series if we were to face each other. You guys act like this is some war that is about to start. It's just a game and as a Leafs fan, I don't look at you guys with hate. I look at you guys for an opportunity to have an exciting series. We are lucky that we the chance to face you guys because if this was some other team such as Washington, the series wouldn't be as exciting. There would be only the excitement of the first playoff game in 9 years. Facing the Habs will likely lead to a fight filled series going by what has happened during the regular season.

So just leave this talk of hate and whether we are worthy of your hate. Leafs fans and other fans are all blameworthy of this too and this post is meant to just you.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:49 PM
bdawg1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
Leafs fan here. This post is not only direct at you but also all other leafs/habs/other teams fans. I don't know if you realize how childish you and others sound when you type something like the above. It's as if you think people have the need for you're hate which is just preposterous. You act all high and mighty just because you think their is no hate between Montreal and Toronto. Who cares about whether you hate this team or that team and whether the other team is worthy of your hate.

I couldn't care less whether you think my hate is worthy of you. All I know is that right now the Leafs and Habs are playing the last regular season game that may end up determining the tone of the series if we were to face each other. You guys act like this is some war that is about to start. It's just a game and as a Leafs fan, I don't look at you guys with hate. I look at you guys for an opportunity to have an exciting series. We are lucky that we the chance to face you guys because if this was some other team such as Washington, the series wouldn't be as exciting. There would be only the excitement of the first playoff game in 9 years. Facing the Habs will likely lead to a fight filled series going by what has happened during the regular season.

So just leave this talk of hate and whether we are worthy of your hate. Leafs fans and other fans are all blameworthy of this too and this post is meant to just you.
Wall of text, gtfo, you're not welcome here thx.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:

I guess that's why you felt the need to write an essay?

Old
04-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Kurplunk

Quote:

Tbh I think people just hate the fans of Toronto, not the team
If we see you guys in the first round, I don't see it as a rivalry
In fact I'd much rather see Boston, I LOVE watching those games, gets me pumped
But I'm just glad we're in the playoffs.. missing them last year was heartbreaking.. I can't imagine missing them for 9

Old
04-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Bad move not playing Price. If Budaj wins you've got instant goalie controversy from the idiots. If he loses (and sorry but he's not our best goalie) then we will probably miss out on the Division title. And if we do play TO in the postseason it makes sense for him to have a game against them before hand.

Give Price a regular season look at the Leafs and play him.

Old
04-27-2013, 12:56 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
I was there, I question your knowledge of the game.. That standing O was for Winnipegs efforts throughout the season, the fans applauded their efforts.
I was at the Jets game too and I agree with you... the Jets have classy and enthusiastic fans. The NHL should be lucky enough to have more teams with a fan base like that.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Dekar

I've been watching the last two seasons of Spartacus recently, and it just now blew my mind that Budaj looks a lot like Gannicus.

Budaj

Gannicus

Old
04-27-2013, 01:06 PM
DrizzyTO
We Have Best Friends

vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsinsider View Post
Wow...Habs fans really showing why the rest of the fans of the NHL think of us as arrogant and lacking hockey knowledge...

I'm a fan of the Habs 1st and the Leafs 2nd. I live in an area with a ton of Leaf fans. Sure, they want to beat us, but they never talk about injuring our players or any such classless acts. Mostly they are humble and true fans of the game. Whoever said that Leaf fans are bandwagonners is sorely misinformed. Their fans are the most dedicated in the NHL, remaining loyal to a team lacking playoff success for many years. Some of you are either trolling or just ignorant of reality.

Another thing - stop making excuses for the Leafs beating us. We are not the better team currently. I say that from an unbiased standpoint. It's clear they have outplayed us most games and deserved to win.

Let's just enjoy the game. Some of you are too emotionally invested in hating the Leafs and are just spewing nonsense. Grow up...k thx.
Thank you

Old
04-27-2013, 01:08 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfMiceAndKadri View Post
Thank you

Sure thing champ.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:09 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

95% of my Leafs hate is directed towards their fans. Unlike the Bruins, the Leafs TEAM doesn't really anger me that much... But the fans... I just can't. Awful fanbase.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:11 PM
bud12

dress White so he can jump on Kadri. Would not be the first time lol

Old
04-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Asif16*

You guys have any scratches tonight??

Old
04-27-2013, 01:12 PM
beaverBFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
95% of my Leafs hate is directed towards their fans. Unlike the Bruins, the Leafs TEAM doesn't really anger me that much... But the fans... I just can't. Awful fanbase.
Couldn't agree more.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
You might want to check the standings before talking like it's a certainty.

And Ottawa might have something to say about who is your biggest rival.
Not much of a rival when we have two home arenas. Seriously it's hilarious seeing half their building in blue and white.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Et le But

Quote:
I don't really hate the Leafs team overall, especially compared to the Bruins, but I do hate Grabovski and Kadri more than any player in the NHL that's not Marchand or Chara. And it's impossible to like Phaneuf.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't really hate the Leafs team overall, especially compared to the Bruins, but I do hate Grabovski and Kadri more than any player in the NHL that's not Marchand or Chara. And it's impossible to like Phaneuf.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
What is wrong with Phaneuf?

He plays clean and rarely trash talks.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Pretty much sums up how I feel as well.

On another note, nice seeing your old avy back.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Pretty much exactly what I said in the Bruins/Leafs thread yesterday!

Old
04-27-2013, 01:30 PM
sheed36

It's gonna be sickening having to read posts from Leaf fans polluting this board for what might be 8 straight games..

Old
04-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

A lot of Leafs fans are trying to convince themselves the Habs want no part in them. Over compensating for a lack of confidence in their team that's lucky to be in the playoffs, IMO.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
It's gonna be sickening having to read posts from Leaf fans polluting this board for what might be 8 straight games..
We're going to finish in 2nd place and they'll get bounced in the first round, nothing to worry about

Old
04-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Not to worry. Habs Mod Staff is here to protect and serve.

Closed Thread