Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BRUINS Vs. LEAFS pre-series talk

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 01:04 PM
corpfan1

vCash: 500
Will Soderberg or Hamilton start/play in the playoffs?

Soderberg

- Still not looking comfortable
- Only good thing I have really seen so far is he is willing to go to the front of the net

If Horton is healthy, is he the odd man out? Or will Claude rotate forwards out depending on the game and how things are going?

Hamilton

- Claude doesn't seem to trust him especially lately
- I thought Redden would only be used as a spare, but it is starting to look like he has replaced Hamilton for the remainder of this year

Thoughts?

Old
04-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Trap Jesus

Soderberg's looked alright. I think he should start game 1 but I wouldn't be that upset or surprised if Clode opts to put Thornton in game 1.

I'll be pissed if Hamilton sits, although I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Hamilton's a guy that should undoubtedly be in our top 4 right now. You can't sit someone with that kind of talent.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Soderberg's looked alright. I think he should start game 1 but I wouldn't be that upset or surprised if Clode opts to put Thornton in game 1.

I'll be pissed if Hamilton sits, although I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Hamilton's a guy that should undoubtedly be in our top 4 right now. You can't sit someone with that kind of talent.
I agree, he's made very few defensive end mistakes and is a decent puck mover through the neutral zone during transition. If he looks too nervous sit him, but try him out at least.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
I think Hamilton's the best out of Claude's 4 options for that last D spot (Redden, Bart, Johnson, Dougie,) and the experience of a playoff run would help him mature a lot. Win-win, if you ask me. I'd question the choice to sit him. He's the only player that makes good choices on the PP. Let him thrive in the areas he's comfortable in. Not to mention he's been an extremely solid top-4 defenseman for us all year, while those other 3 are just sufficient bottom 6'ers/depth defensemen.

Soderberg, take him one step at a time. See if he's ready. If not, don't play him. We have him for another 2 years, watching a couple series might not be horrible if he doesn't play great. He has played good though, I'd start him game one.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Oates2Neely

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergeron Jagr
Yeti Kelly Horton
Paille Campbell Peverly
*Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
Ference Hamilton
Redden Boychuk
*McQuaid

Old
04-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
I think Hamilton's the best out of Claude's 4 options for that last D spot (Redden, Bart, Johnson, Dougie,) and the experience of a playoff run would help him a lot. Double win, if you ask me. I'd question the choice to sit him.

Soderberg, take him one step at a time. See if he's ready. If not, don't play him. We have him for another 2 years, watching a couple series might not be horrible if he doesn't play great. He has played good though, I'd start him game one.
If we play the Rangers maybe he'll turn into a Rangers killer like gaborik was to us.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Bruins 54

Isn't that why Hamilton was being rested .....

That was the reason given why he was sitting ... or was Clode just pulling our leg ...

Old
04-27-2013, 01:46 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergeron Jagr
Yeti Kelly Horton
Paille Campbell Peverly
*Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
Ference Hamilton
Redden Boychuk
*McQuaid
This is what I desire too, though if put in Thornton over Peverley or Horton at this point, whoever is playing better at the time I suppose

One thing for sure, we have way better depth this year than last, Chia did a good job, now it's up to the players and Claude to get it done

Old
04-27-2013, 01:54 PM
bruinsfan001

I think it depends on who the Bruins are playing in game 1 and what your looking for from a player.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
RaybCamn

Boychuk and Ference are better d than McQuiad, and Hamilton is better on Off. Our main problem is and has been lack of scoring on the powerplay. How can you sit Hamilton. He is here just for this reason, if not he would be playing in Providence.

Yeti show promise and is not by any means a person who you worry about while playing defensive he, he is a good all around player who will just get better as time goes along.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:44 PM
qc

vCash: 2000
Clode will scratch Dougie for games 1 and 2. We will then lose those two games and blame said losses on Clode's decision. Clode will then play Dougie in game 3, but for 12 minutes and a few PP shifts. Dougie will rise to the occasion and play a good supporting actor role for the remainder of the postseason (see: Seguin, 2011).

Old
04-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Beesfan

Unless Soderberg shows us something more over the next two games, I think he sits. Peverley and Horton are far more proven at this point.

Also, we shouldn't be sitting Shawn Thorton. He doesn't just fight, he helps bring energy. Being able to play that fourth line once or twice a period to give the team a jolt is critical. Swapping in Peverley for Horton would lose a lot of that effect.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:58 PM
CheerstoBeers

I think Soderberg looks great. He is a big body and isn't afraid to go to the net and is going to have a breakout game soon. Not sure why they would ever consider sitting him over Thornton, especially in the playoffs

Old
04-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Mione134

Chia already said they intend to play him in the playoffs. But who knows. I'd hope they'd play the Yeti. He's shown great promise. He can't hurt us honestly. He needs experience. What more can you ask for in the playoffs? Opportunity of a lifetime. Let the kid play.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
What kind of question is this?

You assume Claude is dressing Pandolfo and Johnson in their places?

Old
04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerstoBeers View Post
I think Soderberg looks great. He is a big body and isn't afraid to go to the net and is going to have a breakout game soon. Not sure why they would ever consider sitting him over Thornton, especially in the playoffs
I don't think Soderberg has been great, but he has been good, and one of his strengths (surprisingly) had been his propensity to go to the front and park his big body there. It's cliche, but playoff hockey is not usually finesse and grace. It's often dirty, ugly and involves effort and wanting it more. If Soderberg keeps playing responsible D and going to the front, you utilize him in the playoffs and he will get some dirty goals. The skill is there, but not sure we see more than glimpses until next year.

I would play him over Thornton because of the lack of fighting in the playoffs, and I would consider playing him over Pevs if he can work on the PK (but I don't think that happens).

Old
04-27-2013, 03:24 PM
GordonHowe

Courtesy Joe Haggerty,

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...ready-playoffs

Old
04-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
So, this is about selling newspapers. ??

Old
04-27-2013, 03:39 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Unless Soderberg shows us something more over the next two games, I think he sits. Peverley and Horton are far more proven at this point.

Also, we shouldn't be sitting Shawn Thorton. He doesn't just fight, he helps bring energy. Being able to play that fourth line once or twice a period to give the team a jolt is critical. Swapping in Peverley for Horton would lose a lot of that effect.
I'd rather Thornton be the guy you bring in if the energy isn't there. He's the only player on the team who doesn't factor into the PP or PK. He's exclusively an ES player. That and he fact that he has 2 points in 67 career playoff games. That would be fine on past teams, but this current group struggles putting the puck in the net.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:46 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergeron Jagr
Yeti Kelly Horton
Paille Campbell Peverly
*Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
Ference Hamilton
Redden Boychuk
*McQuaid
This is what I had other than maybe swapping the order of the 2nd and 3rd D pairs. Small sample size, I know... but Redden has looked great out there.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:27 PM
kman22

Quote:
Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergeron Jagr
Yeti Kelly Horton
Paille Campbell Peverly
*Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
Ference Hamilton
Redden Boychuk
*McQuaid
I don't have particular line combos down yet, but this is the forward group I'm hoping they dress in the playoffs. 4 lines that you can roll pretty freely. That 4th line, or if you swap Kelly and Peverley, is a shut down line.

Those would be my top 7 defensemen as well, but I don't know who would be #6 and #7.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:39 PM
westernhome

Soderberg has been very solid, very defensively responsible, still adjusting to thing offensively but with chemistry will produce as good or better than many of the Bruins forwards

Soderberg led all Bruin forwards in blocks in today's game as well

the future looks very bright for him

Old
04-27-2013, 11:03 PM
njbruin

Soderberg is also one of the only forwards who attacks down low on the PP instead of reversing back to the point for the obligatory blocked shot. Guess he hasn't been neutered by the system yet.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:33 PM
TCL40

I think Soderberg is in the line up. I think who sits wl be between Thornton and Peverly when Horton returns.

Hamilton is tougher. If Julien is using Seids with Chara then I thin Dougie is the odd rightie out, because Julien will want the veteran in Mcquaid, but I would sit Mcquaid and play Dougie with Redden on the third pairing.

I think Dougie is the best defenseman on the pp but Julien and Ward don't seem all that willing to give him those minutes lately in the games he has played.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:11 AM
TheBigBadB

My guess is Julien sits them both..,He is really not fond of green players come playoff time.

Closed Thread