HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

the Oilers are wimp's

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 10:13 AM
heavyhauler

vCash: 1240
the Oilers are wimp's

with all the trades over that last few years they have traded away team tuffness and true grit.They never got anyone back to replace the true grit a team needs to compete in the Nhl. Mike Grier,Sean Brown,Dan Mgillis(sp),ect.
We have a team of wimps,there are a few that will drop the gloves and battle hard there's Smith,Staios,Laraque,Moreau......but it drops to almost nothing from there.
Torres was pegged as a tucker like player, i see it take some wild hit's but not really get under the skin of the other players,so we still need a player like a Tucker to help get are team motavated because if the other team doesn't hit are guys they won't hit either thus are team plays with no emotion and are put to sleep and just go threw the motions of the game.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:17 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

vCash: 500
I don't recall Grier ever fighting, or McGillis fighting much. Aside from that, I kind of agree. Our enforcer doesn't make anything happen. We don't have the agitator we need. And the team just doesn't seem to get mad often enough.

Old
12-31-2003, 10:22 AM
heavyhauler

vCash: 1240
i didn't mean that they "Had" to drop the gloves but they played Tuff, made the big hits ect.Grier use to just run guys over like a run away train

Old
12-31-2003, 10:40 AM
metallicat

Wimps? They have utterly dominated teams in the recent past in terms of body contact. This thread is unfounded.

Old
12-31-2003, 11:21 AM
northern2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
Wimps? They have utterly dominated teams in the recent past in terms of body contact. This thread is unfounded.
i dunno about this statement..."dominated"...not. I do miss Grier but the picks turned up better assets.

Closed Thread