HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #17 - 2013 Offseason/Draft edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
and was good enough to be on the field a heck of alot more. also didn't have the benefit of playing on a team with several other guys who can get to qb.
He was on a much worse defense. A defense that wasn't good even with him on the field. The only worry I have about Mcclellin is his concussion issues. May totally derail his career

Old
04-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Jones had 3 more sacks than Shea. 3.
Jones in 13 games = 6 sacks , 5 PD , 3 FF and 45 tackles ( 24 solo)

McClellin in 14 games = 2.5 sacks , 0 PD , 0 FF and 14 tackles (7 solo)

Jones actually made impact to help his team last year ,, McClellin offerend nothing to Bears outside of 1 good game

wk 2 vs Packers = 1.5 sacks + 4 tackles (1 solo)
Rest of the season = 1 sack + 10 tackles (6 solo)

Old
04-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Jones in 13 games = 6 sacks , 5 PD , 3 FF and 45 tackles ( 24 solo)

McClellin in 14 games = 2.5 sacks , 0 PD , 0 FF and 14 tackles (7 solo)

Jones actually made impact to help his team last year ,, McClellin offerend nothing to Bears outside of 1 good game

wk 2 vs Packers = 1.5 sacks + 4 tackles (1 solo)
Rest of the season = 1 sack + 10 tackles (6 solo)
He had twice the stats in a little more than twice the snaps. Shocking. And yes BWC's time honored tradition of taking away games from people. Do we get to take away Jones' 9 tackle 2 sack game against Seattle?

Old
04-27-2013, 01:51 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
Swope is there

Old
04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Bears traded pick to Falcons

Old
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

And they trade out.

Old
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Bears trade down.

Old
Illinihockey

Trade to falcons

Old
04-27-2013, 01:54 PM
ndgt10

At least everybody can be happy with that move.

Old
Illinihockey

Going back and looking at rookie DE's the last 5 years, a lot of tough rookie years followed by good sophomore seasons

Old
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
There is no defending the 1st round picks of Phil Emery

Shea McCllelin was as much as disaster as expected ,, And several guys the Bears should have taken helped there teams (Bears got very little impact value from 18th overall)

Long has many red flags and was reach

I just want to be happy with a 1st round pick of the Bears ,, Is that to much to ask?

Outside of Harris , Urlacher and Conway the Bears 1st round drafting has been trainwreck all my life

It is unacceptable that the NFL's founding franchise continues to fail at the NFL draft
Honestly, reading any posts by you is SO TIRING. I've never seen someone as constantly negative as you, and most of it is just irrational.

First, TO HELL with this "reach" crap. OK?!? I'll give you two reasons why you shouldn't be using that term for ANY of our picks this year:

1) It was reported the Cowboys wanted Long at #18 and traded back thinking they would get him, and also that the Colts wanted him at #24. If teams above and below us wanted him HE WASNT A REACH. It doesn't flipping matter what the media pundits had him at, he wasn't going to last much past #20. If the Bears trade down (like Dallas did) they wouldn't have got him (like Dallas didn't). Rule #1 of drafting --- don't get cute, GET YOUR GUY. We did that. It wasn't a reach.

2) The entire concept of where people "should go" is a bunch of B.S. anyway. All these mocks and "experts projections" are all based on just a select few people's opinions, and it spreads out from there. NONE of those people are professional talent evaluators. They do their best, but they aren't scouts. They also aren't NFL executives and I think most of them don't understand what it REALLY means to run an NFL team. So if an expert says "wow that was a reach, he could have been there in the 2nd round that's where I had him" it DOESN'T MATTER. No one knows where teams really have these guys ranked. If anything is clear, its that NFL teams have players rated very differently than the "Experts" and the "experts" are the ones responsible for all us fans thinking we know where players should go --- and we dont.

Lastly, when a team doesn't have a 3rd round pick like we did, if there's a guy we really want/need and he may be a 3rd rounder, it's not a reach taking him at #50 because we wouldn't be able to get him without mortgaging more of the future, which Emery doesn't want to do and I don't blame him.

You all need to stop thinking you know more than the professionals. This draft may be one of the best drafts in a long time, or it may be full of busts. We just don't know and won't know for a couple years.

There's absolutely no reason to be this negative all the time. We addressed two of our biggest needs this offseason: Offensive Line and Linebacker. So far we are doing the right things. We just need to see how they turn out. I'm excited for all 3 of our draft picks and for our Free Agency pickups.

Old
Illinihockey

Moved down 10 spots added a 7th

Old
04-27-2013, 01:56 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Bears got the #163 pick and a 7th rounder. #235 pick.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:58 PM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Bears got the #163 pick and a 7th rounder. #235 pick.
Solid move

Old
04-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post

2) The entire concept of where people "should go" is a bunch of B.S. anyway. All these mocks and "experts projections" are all based on just a select few people's opinions, and it spreads out from there. NONE of those people are professional talent evaluators. They do their best, but they aren't scouts. They also aren't NFL executives and I think most of them don't understand what it REALLY means to run an NFL team. So if an expert says "wow that was a reach, he could have been there in the 2nd round that's where I had him" it DOESN'T MATTER. No one knows where teams really have these guys ranked. If anything is clear, its that NFL teams have players rated very differently than the "Experts" and the "experts" are the ones responsible for all us fans thinking we know where players should go --- and we dont.

Amen, my point exactly. It becomes a giant echo chamber of where guys "should" go yet the people saying where guys should be drafted aren't NFL scouts or never have been

Old
04-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Recoil

Tells me Swope may not be on our radar, and that some of the guys we coveted were taken (I'm guessing a couple of the CBs like Hawthorne/McGee), so we moved down to get our 7th back.

Old
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Vikings take the 1st punter.

Old
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Honestly, reading any posts by you is SO TIRING. I've never seen someone as constantly negative as you, and most of it is just irrational.

First, TO HELL with this "reach" crap. OK?!? I'll give you two reasons why you shouldn't be using that term for ANY of our picks this year:

1) It was reported the Cowboys wanted Long at #18 and traded back thinking they would get him, and also that the Colts wanted him at #24. If teams above and below us wanted him HE WASNT A REACH. It doesn't flipping matter what the media pundits had him at, he wasn't going to last much past #20. If the Bears trade down (like Dallas did) they wouldn't have got him (like Dallas didn't). Rule #1 of drafting --- don't get cute, GET YOUR GUY. We did that. It wasn't a reach.

Lastly, when a team doesn't have a 3rd round pick like we did, if there's a guy we really want/need and he may be a 3rd rounder, it's not a reach taking him at #50 because we wouldn't be able to get him without mortgaging more of the future, which Emery doesn't want to do and I don't blame him.

You all need to stop thinking you know more than the professionals. This draft may be one of the best drafts in a long time, or it may be full of busts. We just don't know and won't know for a couple years.

There's absolutely no reason to be this negative all the time. We addressed two of our biggest needs this offseason: Offensive Line and Linebacker. So far we are doing the right things. We just need to see how they turn out. I'm excited for all 3 of our draft picks and for our Free Agency pickups.
Bears are reaching for need ,, That is not how someone should draft

BPA > Reaching for need

And again given that Emery bombed last draft and most of FA ,, No reason to give him the benefit of doubt

Old
ndgt10

Vikings go punter with 5th.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:01 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

Apparently, they took their BPA in Long and Bostic at the time. I don't agree with those, but they did it.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Amen, my point exactly. It becomes a giant echo chamber of where guys "should" go yet the people saying where guys should be drafted aren't NFL scouts or never have been
And at the end of the day, aside from financially, it doesn't matter where these guys were projected, ranked, or drafted at once the draft is over. They all need to put on the pads and work on the field.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Always felt drafting a punter is waste

Can find a UDFA to come in and perform

Old
04-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Now that is funny

NFL Network showing the punter getting injured

Old
04-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Apparently, they took their BPA in Long and Bostic at the time. I don't agree with those, but they did it.
Personally, I don't truly agree in doing BPA no matter what, which is what a lot of people seem to advocate. And, I don't think NFL GMs do either, even though they say they do. It's often "BPA based on positional need." If you have 3 quality DTs and the #1 player on your board is a DT, you probably don't take him, you take the next guy who is more of a position that you need.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Seems like the decline of Big Ten is on display at this draft for most part

Not much from Big Ten going in draft and getting praise

Closed Thread