HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty 39pts in 43gp

Old
04-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Andros777

vCash: 500
Having another power forward on that line (Erik Cole) made him and the line in general so much more effective. I think we need to look for another guy like that this summer.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 03:12 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Having another power forward on that line (Erik Cole) made him and the line in general so much more effective. I think we need to look for another guy like that this summer.
We have Gallagher, who plays like a powerforward

KawaYui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 03:49 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Don't kid yourself... Pacioretty is always working hard.

And no, he's not "simply" a sniper. His playmaking skills are very underrated. He was, I think, considered a top 5 playmaker in the 2007 draft.
Playmaking skills? lmao, The guy must be our no.1 pp killer. His passing skills are below average. If he's not scoring, he's doing nothing.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Playmaking skills? lmao, The guy must be our no.1 pp killer. His passing skills are below average. If he's not scoring, he's doing nothing.
Agreed. I have no idea how can someone call Pacioretty a playmaker or plays a bit like one. He has little creativity with the puck.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Pacioretty doesn't really have playmaking skills like a Desharnais has playmaking skills.

But he will rack up assists on the basis of how great he is at retriving pucks and carrying the puck forward resulting in more offensive plays for his line. Similar to how Plekanec picks up so many assists, its not assist due to brilliant passing in the offensive zone, its assists due to being generally good at hockey.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Agreed. I have no idea how can someone call Pacioretty a playmaker or plays a bit like one. He has little creativity with the puck.
Just like how Eller has no offensive upside?

He doesn't really play the role 'playmaker' but he is more than competent in the matter. He can play any role on offense - sniper, power, passer, grinder. I think this is what makes him so good, completely versatile. Not the best in terms of D but he's only 24 so it's not like that can't improve either.

Even this season he's set up Gallagher for some goals which show nice vision. His recent goal against the Devils was a fluke that resulted from his passing vision/creativity.

He's not a PP QB but dissing his playmaking isn't fair IMO. There was this one play in a recent game on a rush where he made what seemed to be a slow cross-ice pass to nowhere but it ended up being to a trailing Markov who just didn't make it into the zone yet. Just because he shoots a lot doesn't mean he can't make nice passing plays/has no vision/creativity.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Just like how Eller has no offensive upside?

He doesn't really play the role 'playmaker' but he is more than competent in the matter. He can play any role on offense - sniper, power, passer, grinder. I think this is what makes him so good, completely versatile. Not the best in terms of D but he's only 24 so it's not like that can't improve either.

Even this season he's set up Gallagher for some goals which show nice vision. His recent goal against the Devils was a fluke that resulted from his passing vision/creativity.

He's not a PP QB but dissing his playmaking isn't fair IMO. There was this one play in a recent game on a rush where he made what seemed to be a slow cross-ice pass to nowhere but it ended up being to a trailing Markov who just didn't make it into the zone yet. Just because he shoots a lot doesn't mean he can't make nice passing plays/has no vision/creativity.
We will have to agree to disagree then. I have both him and DD in my hockey pool so I keep an eyes on them and I got to say, I'm not impressed with Pacioretty "playmaking" skill at all. On that line, DD and Gally are the two players that can make good plays with the puck, when Pacioretty has it, he either shoots it or loses it (most of the time).

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:25 PM
DAChampion

Pass-oretty it is.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 160
Yes, Pacioretty has ABSOLUTELY NO playmaking ability.

Seriously what the hell is the hate towards Patches... this guy is awesome.

104 pts in his last 122 games. He is our best offensive player.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:13 AM
WeeBey

Is this thread for real? Guy's got second most assists on the team. He's no Crosby but he knows how to get the puck to his teammates.

Only Habs fans would find a reason to complain about their teams leading scorer.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Et le But

He was extremely disappointing on the PP, but was one of our best performers on even strength. Was the best player on his line on even stength when you look at the underlying numbers. Probably, along with Eller and Galchenyuk, the best offensive even strength forward.

His passing skills has definitely improved, his ability to dish the puck on the rush has become a strength.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He was extremely disappointing on the PP, but was one of our best performers on even strength. Was the best player on his line on even stength when you look at the underlying numbers. Probably, along with Eller and Galchenyuk, the best offensive even strength forward.
His passing skills has definitely improved, his ability to dish the puck on the rush has become a strength.
He's been among the best in the NHL ES production wise in the last couple seasons.

Considering the hype Subban, Price, and even Gallagher now gets, I'm shocked Pacioretty goes relatively under the radar.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He's been among the best in the NHL ES production wise in the last couple seasons.

Considering the hype Subban, Price, and even Gallagher now gets, I'm shocked Pacioretty goes relatively under the radar.
There was some hyperbole about him last year along with the rest of the his line, but because his goal scoring was rather streaky this year the only praise he got was from the advanced stats type.

A lot of people are still expecting him to be the "power forward" he is not I guess.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:54 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
I don't see Paciopretty as a playmaker, like at all. I think he has very little creativity when he has the puck and not a very good passer.

For me, he's simply a sniper.
wasn't he known as a playmaker when he was drafted? actually, didn't he say that DD is the one who made him into a goal scorer?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
I don't see Paciopretty as a playmaker, like at all. I think he has very little creativity when he has the puck and not a very good passer.

For me, he's simply a sniper.
He is a very good passer and with well above average vision.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 06:42 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really don't know what you're talking about..

Getzlaf has consistently put up an above ppg pace in 5 over the last 6 years (including this one). He's reached the 90pt mark as well. Last season was a bad year, but that's it.
So I don't see how his best productive years are behind him when he's just 27, nor do I understand the comparison of Richards seeing how he only has 2 seasons of ppg pace. Not at all comparable.

Getzlaf is worth his contract more so than Perry. But still, Perry is a big winger that reached 50 goals just two seasons ago, so ya, he was going to get a huge pay day no matter what.

As I said, if MaxPac scores 50 goals two years from now, he will get a huge amount of money on the UFA market.
Prior to this year , he played way below his norm for 2 years , lets see how many points he gets next season in 82 games

Max is locked up for another 5 years

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote