HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs @ Leafs | April 27 @ 7PM | CBC & RDS

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 03:12 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant by heart View Post
Spring has come around...
Let's clean out those laffs.

hey! isn't that supposed to be done in the Fall?

Spring is when the leaves are supposed to grow back

Old
04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

PP after PP after PP after PP with a high scoring %age. Make the Leafs feel that their tactics are futile.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post

Thre is always some rotten ones swept by the Winter winds in dirty, muddy corners.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:15 PM
JohnnyB11

Just watched the player interviews after today's skate, and just wanted to mention how much i enjoy watching Gallagher's interviews. He's got some personality to him, so refreshing to hear some answers to questions that aren't the same old scripted remarks.

His style of play is so fun to watch too. The kid's got moxy, what a 5th round find!

Old
04-27-2013, 03:18 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Thre is always some rotten ones swept by the Winter winds in dirty, muddy corners.
Haha, thats just Komarov

Old
04-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Leafs are irrelevant and won't win anything over the next century.Actually, they're having a pretty decent season and I can't blame their fans for being excited, I just wanted to set off the alarm that seems to ring over there every time somebody mentions their team in a negative light.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

A win tonight would be great.

If we win, then we have a good chance of finishing 2nd and avoid the Leafs. Even if we don't clinch 2nd, and face the Leafs, we'll be starting the series on the right foot.

If we lose, then we'll almost surely face the Leafs, and the loss might again take a toll on our fragile morale.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
MT is scared to play price against the leafs lol
No he's not. He wants to rest our number 1 goalie on the last game of the season in a game that frankly doesn't mean that much. Regardless of the result we still start the playoffs at home and regardless of the result we cannot clinch or lose the division.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Heaviest Leafs:
  • Komisarek - 235 lbs - Does not play;
  • O'Byrne - 234 lbs - Does not play;
  • McLaren - 230 lbs - 5:12 TOI - 5 points;
  • Hamilton - 230 lbs - 10:51 TOI - 2 points - 0 pim.

BTW, Orr - 6:23 TOI - 4 points.

There is a reason why these guys are not on the ice.
While they are not playing, they are taking a spot on the bench.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
Look at you a sensible leaf fan.

Most Leaf fans don't realize that until this year we haven't considered the leafs a real rival. Boston was a rival.

Just because the Leafs are competitive now doesn't mean leaf fans can run around with Montreal Canadiens hate.

Because the Leafs haven't earned the rivalry back yet. This regular season was a start....

But sorry Leaf fans.... You have alot of work to do still before you are worthy of my hate again.
We do realize that; which goes both ways. The Leafs have not had a losing record any year against the Habs; since they were last in the playoffs. The rivalry is pretty much stalled. This is the perfect time to get it going again.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
The irony, of course, is that the only other fanbase similar to leafs nation is.... habs nation.

and no other nhl fanbases compare to these two.

we leaf fans love our sens rivalry, and you habs fans love your bruins rivalry....but that's because we've all forgoten what a real rivalry is. a rivalry that is set deep in our bones, a rivalry based not only in veing the two winninges and most storied franchises in nhl history but also that extends deep into cultural, ethnic, civic and national pride...a rivalry that goes back a century, and that we were born into whether we realize it or not. a rivalry based on innate loathing of everything the other team represents....a rivalry that isn't logical or abstract but rather that is deeply personal

We've all been poorer for having this rivalry stay dormant for so long.
Don't really agree with you, but I like how you expressed this. To me, this version of our rivalry is still in its infancy and doesn't feel at all connected to what had decades ago. But sure, it could grow. For me, an important part of any rivalry is mutual respect. If our fan bases can develop a healthy hate without the idiotic insults and cliches, then I'm in.

Posts about maiming and crushing and killing and hurting and ****ing isn't a rivalry, it's a chatroom with 14-year-olds. On the other hand, I'm happy to talk hockey and toss some friendly trash-talk back and forth with the smarter guys like you anytime.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Gary320

Stick.
To.
The.
Game.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:36 PM
sheed36

Leaf fans are like mosquitoes in this thread.. You swat one away and 10 more come back..

Old
04-27-2013, 03:37 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
The face offs at center ice and in the dots are different. Center ice has no hash marks so you can use any foot positioning, ex: pleks often lines up sort of sideways. In the dots it's all about foot positioning (hash marks) and the sticks, correct me if I'm wrong but away teams have to put their sticks on the ice first.
Yup, and that's why I don't get why Pleky gets thrown out so often AT HOME. I've been paying close attention all season and in terms of cheating, my god, there are about 30 Centers before him who regularly cheat. Bergeron gets to do whatever he wants. It's about false starts as well and I've seen our guys get thrown out when that wasn't the case (and when the wingers were fine). I dunno, just something I've noticed that may explain why we suck at FOs or rather should be better. Even Halpern isn't as good as he used to be (used to win almost every one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintyFresh View Post
Habs need to come out and play like they did in the 3rd game against the leafs, and shut their fans up. Reading their board it seems like they're facing an AHL team whenever they play us. We have home ice for a reason, let's show it tonight.

5-1 Habs
Totally. It really has gotten to the point where they totally forget that in the last two games we dominated them. In one of them we came from behind off an early goal and hemmed them in their zone most of the game (was at that one and remember how dejected the leafers were). I fully admit that they are a good team, but they require their opponent to play worse than their potential to beat them. Habs on a good day > leafs on a good day. Particularly with goaltending. Reimer is hot now, but he's very beatable, we just haven't tested him in our loses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTheThrillKessel View Post
Almost as funny as the loser Jets fans who cheered their team after that horrendous season ending performance.
Jets fans are awesome. Leafs fans, awful. Also, they didn't have a season ending performance. They were mathematically eliminated mid-game (when winning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Or he gets lit up again and we're forced to go with Budaj in the playoffs.

Starting Budaj is the right decision.
Or he steals the game, shuts the idiot leaf fans up (and some Hab fans), Boston doesn't get 3 points and the leafs will have a nice parting memory for until we meet them again, this season or next. We cannot be afraid anymore. Enough of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfMiceAndKadri View Post
Thank you
Please, I live among Leaf fans. You guys are atrocious. I don't come on your board to post about it (what would the point be?), but since you're here to defend your honour by quoting a wolf in sheep's skin, I might as well voice again how pathetic the entire institution of the leafs is. From having really no history and wheeling out all your non-stanley cup-winning players all the time cuz they remind maybe 20% of the fans how great that semi final was is just sad. My hockey team (and league) is full of Leaf fans and listening to the discussions when suiting up and down is like babysitting the most insecure, bipolar, gionta-is-a-headhunter theory propagating, insipid tools. And I make sure to tell them. I remember one game facing off against an opponent at center ice for the drop of the puck and we both saw each others' Habs socks. Both nodded to each other in acknowledgement of the fact that we have to live with this Leafs Nation nonsense daily. Was pretty awesome.

It's funny, last year I told everyone on my team that Kadri was going to make a big impact and that he should be with the leafs right now (then), sadly agreeing with Cherry. They all talked about how ill-prepared he was and said the same thing at the start of this season. I won so many bets off of that and now they're all crowing about how Kadri was always the saviour as if I didn't just take their money based on them denying that. People say we're bipolar too, but it's not at all the same. When the leafs sucks, their fans bury their heads and pretend they don't follow the leafs. Then they resurface when they're doing well and crown themselves...well, like that awesome banner presentation depicted: winner of a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Not much of a rival when we have two home arenas. Seriously it's hilarious seeing half their building in blue and white.
What about the ACC in red, white and blue? I was surrounded by Habs fans at the ACC, it was awesome. Made more awesome by the forgotten dominating beatdown we put on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
It was THAT game and I remember noticing it far from the play. That's the leafs in a nutshell. They'll go after guys smaller than them, but when a Prust challenges a Phaneuf (and I imagine if Kadri actually stood up to a smaller Gallagher), they cower. Rather be a smurf than a coward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
They're obsessed with us. It's pretty ****ing sad...
They really are and living in Ontario, you realize just how bad it is. Last thanksgiving, had to stay in town so went to my friend's place. They're saying grace included at the end a "**** the Habs" to which everyone gleefully clapped. Never seen that back home. Jealousy. They've finally earned a spot, so I'm giving them full credit, but up until now it's been plain pathetic listening to their excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Well the Leafs captain is engaged to the most annoying character (Kim Bauer) in the history of TV after all..
To be fair, I <3 Elisha Cuthbert (watch Happy Endings, it's so underrated) and FTR she's a Habs fan. (Grew up in Greenfield Park.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I dont care who we play in the 1st rd. I do hate listening to all the fairweather fans of theirs that suddenly show up....especially at my work. I had one group chirping me from a loudhailer while I was working on the mast of the ship I work on (In the navy).
If you're like any Habs fan living outside of Montreal, everyone you know knows it and it's a battle (that I enjoy quite frankly) you have to live with every day. Wearing my Habs jersey the previous 6 years on campus (grad school) whenever we won was so rewarding. You just eat up the hate. I imagine it's what PK feels like when getting booed. Loves it.

I actually don't think the leafs would be as hated for those of us engaged in the rivalry if HNIC was not such a bullsht program. They feed them the slop, Cherry...well I don't think I need to explain, and it creates this farcical empire. In a sense, if and when I leave Ontario to probably come back to MTL, I might miss all the gamesmanship. Being a solider in enemy territory is fun, particularly when the enemy doesn't remember what the playoffs feels like. Now...it's on.

Go Habs Go! (Got my car flag up today.)

edit: ok sorry, going to go back on topic now.

Last edited by habtastic: 04-27-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 03:45 PM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:

"Supposed to" being the operative words here. On the other hand, the Buds bloom around the golf courses this time of year.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:48 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
In my defense, I made it up in an hour or so after forgetting about it because I've got a 15 page paper due monday morning.

The names of the smurfs, except for a few, are actual smurf names
I thought it was hilarious. I especially enjoyed Markov

Old
04-27-2013, 03:50 PM
CanadiensforLife

What are all these leafs fans doing in our GDT? If a Habs fan posted in their GDT, they'd get an infraction yet these scrubs are allowed in here...

Old
04-27-2013, 03:51 PM
bdawg1989*

Leafs fans shouldnt even be allowed to post on our board. Main board is already polluted 24/7 by Leafs fans. I come here to talk about our team, I dont give a ****ing damn about Leafs coming in here and talk about this ''rivalry''.

GTFO thx.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:53 PM
One Trick Pony

Habs in 8

Old
04-27-2013, 04:04 PM
SnazzyNazzy

Leafs fan here, I come in peace. Good luck tonight! Regardless of what happens, both teams will have to place this game in their far distant memories come Tuesday (or whenever playoffs start).

Old
04-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

This guy wins.

I hope the habs just stick to their game plan.

I just went and got a DQ blizzard. I'm set, though it will be long gone before the game.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Picaroon

Maaan seeing that Prust/Phaneuf GIF is priceless! Prust would have thrashed him no doubt. That day will come nooooo doubt. If the Leafs wanna force this rivalry down our throats big bad Dion won't be able to run from Prust forever!

Old
04-27-2013, 04:06 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
Leafs fans shouldnt even be allowed to post on our board. Main board is already polluted 24/7 by Leafs fans. I come here to talk about our team, I dont give a ****ing damn about Leafs coming in here and talk about this ''rivalry''.

GTFO thx.
I don't have any problems with Leaf fans posting here if they are respectful and just want to talk about the upcoming game. Problem is many haven't been doing that and their posts are getting removed as trolling I assume so they're only wasting everyone's time.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Maaan seeing that Prust/Phaneuf GIF is priceless! Prust would have thrashed him no doubt. That day will come nooooo doubt. If the Leafs wanna force this rivalry down our throats big bad Dion won't be able to run from Prust forever!
No, but that's what McLaren, Orr and Fraser are for. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Orr isn't back.

The Leafs are a very physical team which bodes well for them in the playoffs. However, after round 1, or even in the midst of round 1 McLaren and Orr are completely useless. They're not good enough like Thornton, but they're just as dumb. Well, Orr is really dumb.

Fraser can play. He blocks shots, clears the net and most of the time does the smart play. Fighting goes down significantly in the playoffs. Most, if any that comes about is in the first round.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:12 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Any other line-up notes other than Budaj in for Price?

Closed Thread