HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #48: KINGS vs. SHARKS - Saturday, 4/27/’13 @ 7:30 pm PDT (TV= NBC-SN)

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
I dont care if we lose today or not, as long as we play with some heart then im finee. I just want to see a meaningful performance so i know the playoffs wont suck and that this team actually cares about something.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Found this article. I'm not saying everythings perfect right now but maybe this can make some of you sleep better even if we **** the bed tonight.

"Success Down the Stretch Means Nothing"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/success...0609--nhl.html

Some highlights:

"... no Stanley Cup winner over the past 20 years has produced a record better than 7-2-1. Last season, the Los Angeles Kings were furious in the second half of the season, but were actually just 5-2-3 in their final 10. Seven teams that made the playoffs had better records than that, including the 8-1-1 Vancouver Canucks, who fell to the Kings in the first round."

"When you’re picking the four teams you think will advance the furthest, resist the temptation to look at the “L10” column in the NHL standings. That’s because, historically, there’s almost no correlation between how a team does down the stretch and whether or not it wins the Stanley Cup."

Old
04-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Shellz

GO KINGS!!!

Old
04-27-2013, 03:39 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
Found this article. I'm not saying everythings perfect right now but maybe this can make some of you sleep better even if we **** the bed tonight.

Some highlights:

"... no Stanley Cup winner over the past 20 years has produced a record better than 7-2-1. Last season, the Los Angeles Kings were furious in the second half of the season, but were actually just 5-2-3 in their final 10. Seven teams that made the playoffs had better records than that, including the 8-1-1 Vancouver Canucks, who fell to the Kings in the first round."

"When you’re picking the four teams you think will advance the furthest, resist the temptation to look at the “L10” column in the NHL standings. That’s because, historically, there’s almost no correlation between how a team does down the stretch and whether or not it wins the Stanley Cup."
Teams are just trying to avoid injury once they clinch.

Boston has played like garbage down the stretch as well.

I still think the Final will be LA-Boston.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:41 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

I still think the Final will be LA-Boston.
I've seen you mention this before. That would be EPIC.

We don't really have an answer for Chara and they don't really have an answer for Doughty. That'd be a fascinating series.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Hate this team. Would be funny if we could trip them up from the bench at some point in the game
... or maybe toss a second puck at a SJ players feet as he's skating by with the puck

f that, just slash someone from the bench - see if the NHL is paying attention this year.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Ellerby is in for Greene. Well we're playing Vancouver I guess.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:15 PM
taz346

Just hope we see the Kings come out looking better than they have the last 2 games.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Ellerby is in for Greene. Well we're playing Vancouver I guess.
Yeah because the SOLE reason the KINGS WIN or LOSE is based on if it's Ellerby or Greene playing on the 3rd D pairing !
and it has NOTHING to do with the other 18 guys in Kings Sweaters on the ice ?

Greene playing and Ellerby sitting wasn't the difference in Minnesota or in Detroit the last two games now was it ?

OY! some of you guys need , but hey it's all good as long as we keep up the Ellerby Whipping boy fan club right ?

Maybe while we're at it we should fire Billy Ranford too ?

Old
04-27-2013, 05:56 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I've seen you mention this before. That would be EPIC.

We don't really have an answer for Chara and they don't really have an answer for Doughty. That'd be a fascinating series.
I think it would come down to a duel between Quick and Rask.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:00 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Yeah because the SOLE reason the KINGS WIN or LOSE is based on if it's Ellerby or Greene playing on the 3rd D pairing !
and it has NOTHING to do with the other 18 guys in Kings Sweaters on the ice ?

Greene playing and Ellerby sitting wasn't the difference in Minnesota or in Detroit the last two games now was it ?

OY! some of you guys need , but hey it's all good as long as we keep up the Ellerby Whipping boy fan club right ?

Maybe while we're at it we should fire Billy Ranford too ?
I think Dean has plans for Ellerby down the road so people better get used to the idea of having him out there. He obviously has talent or he would not have been a first round pick.

His first team (Florida?) did a fine job of screwing up his development and hurting his confidence a bit. I think Sutter is going to do a good job with the kid and put him in spots where he can succeed. He may very well be Scuderi's replacement, if he can learn the positional game. Kid has plenty of size and reach, just needs a lot more seasoning.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

Some highlights:

See ya Chicago. Go celebrate your no regulation losses in so and so many games and the Presidents Trophy.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

****. No Bob and Jim again.

**** you, NHL.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think Dean has plans for Ellerby down the road so people better get used to the idea of having him out there. He obviously has talent or he would not have been a first round pick.

His first team (Florida?) did a fine job of screwing up his development and hurting his confidence a bit. I think Sutter is going to do a good job with the kid and put him in spots where he can succeed. He may very well be Scuderi's replacement, if he can learn the positional game. Kid has plenty of size and reach, just needs a lot more seasoning.
Potential Scuderi OR Mitchell type replacement for sure, while Regehr fills the stop gap void for a year or two, I've been saying it for awhile now too. Not sure Ellerby has the has the nastiness/temperament to replace Greener ? but more so than Scuderi which would make him closer to a Mitchell type.

Also while Florida may not have done much to help his development or confidence, Ellerby is AHEAD of where guys like Scuderi, Mitchell and Greene were at his age, so he has time and now proper guys overseeing him, I look forward to what he can become IF we're willing to give him the time. As it also means we don't have to rush Forbort.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:17 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
See ya Chicago. Go celebrate your no regulation losses in so and so many games and the Presidents Trophy.
haha, the article doesn't say that stretch run success means automatic failure in the playoffs, only that there is no clear correlation between the two.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:18 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post

**** you, NHL.
For that reason, and i'm not expecting much, I probably won't watch much of the game. Just don't think they care if they play @ STL or @ VAN.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:22 PM
tsanuri

Quote:

**** you, NHL.
I figured they would have the call in NHL network. Since that is what has happened the last few games when they have been on.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:26 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
I figured they would have the call in NHL network. Since that is what has happened the last few games when they have been on.
It's on NBCSN, not NHLN.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:29 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
It's on NBCSN, not NHLN.
Duh. I just new it was national and I had to spoof my IP. And didn't really pay attention to who had it.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
For that reason, and i'm not expecting much, I probably won't watch much of the game. Just don't think they care if they play @ STL or @ VAN.
Well, I hope they realize that they can still have home ice if STL loses in regulation.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:32 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Well, I hope they realize that they can still have home ice if STL loses in regulation.
They can still get home ice if STL loses in OT/SO. We have the tie break in ROW.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Quote:
They can still get home ice if STL loses in OT/SO. We have the tie break in ROW.
If Chicago wins without Toews, Kane, Hossa, Crawford, Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson, might as well just hand them the Cup. Sutter will know the score of that game when they take the ice, I assure you.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
If Chicago wins without Toews, Kane, Hossa, Crawford, Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson, might as well just hand them the Cup. Sutter will know the score of that game when they take the ice, I assure you.
Every player will know it. Do you think they won't look up when they are out there for warmups? And then again at the start of the game. It might not be told to them by the staff but they will know.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:39 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Every player will know it. Do you think they won't look up when they are out there for warmups? And then again at the start of the game. It might not be told to them by the staff but they will know.
I'm sure they do. They will see that STL won like 6-1, thus really have nothing to gain.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:45 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
I'm sure they do. They will see that STL won like 6-1, thus really have nothing to gain.
I'm sure they would rather face STL vs Van. Players will say they don't care but they know they have had the Blues number for the last 2 years. Unless they think that might really get them up and would want to avoid them.

Closed Thread