HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs @ Leafs | April 27 @ 7PM | CBC & RDS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 04:17 PM
  #351
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,593
vCash: 500
Therrien on Budaj starting;

Quote:
Head coach Michel Therrien said Budaj’s start, the goalie’s first in 10 days, is part of the team’s netminding plans. Therrien said he’s very pleased with Carey Price, calling him “our best player” in a noon-hour news conference at Air Canada Centre. But the coach wants both of his goalies ready for the playoffs and Budaj’s start hardly appears to be a rash or last-minute call.
SOURCE: Hockey Inside/Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings
Any other line-up notes other than Budaj in for Price?
Also from Hockey Inside/Out;

Quote:
Therrien said that defenceman Jarred Tinordi will be back in the lineup vs. the Maple Leafs. Other than that, Therrien would divulge nothing about his lineup, saying he’d make it public at game time, 7 p.m. ET.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:18 PM
  #352
black charger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No, but that's what McLaren, Orr and Fraser are for. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Orr isn't back.

The Leafs are a very physical team which bodes well for them in the playoffs. However, after round 1, or even in the midst of round 1 McLaren and Orr are completely useless. They're not good enough like Thornton, but they're just as dumb. Well, Orr is really dumb.

Fraser can play. He blocks shots, clears the net and most of the time does the smart play. Fighting goes down significantly in the playoffs. Most, if any that comes about is in the first round.
Orr can actually contribute.Last game he was with Komarov and McClement and the line was very effective.

black charger is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:19 PM
  #353
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Heard this on Virgin Radio earlier, lol

https://soundcloud.com/virginradio96...-cup-back-home

Theosis is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:22 PM
  #354
Picaroon
Registered User
 
Picaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No, but that's what McLaren, Orr and Fraser are for. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Orr isn't back.

The Leafs are a very physical team which bodes well for them in the playoffs. However, after round 1, or even in the midst of round 1 McLaren and Orr are completely useless. They're not good enough like Thornton, but they're just as dumb. Well, Orr is really dumb.

Fraser can play. He blocks shots, clears the net and most of the time does the smart play. Fighting goes down significantly in the playoffs. Most, if any that comes about is in the first round.
Ya but Phaneuf and Prust are key members of their teams. If the Leafs and Habs meet in round one I will be very surprised if Prust doesn't challenge Phaneuf. One of his main rolls this post season will be getting the opposing team's "stars" off their game or off the ice via penalties or fights. And like you said, it's very likely Orr and Mclaren won't always be there. Their skill level isn't reliable for playoff hockey.

It's very VERY evident that Phaneuf is afraid of Prust and Brandon is going to take advantage of that as soon as the leaf's goon squad hits the press box. Even then, he seemed to have no problem taking Mclaren a couple weeks ago!

Lol, i'm not a big proponent of fighting though i do enjoy it in moderation, but I just get sooo much joy out of Phaneuf looking like a *****.

Picaroon is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:24 PM
  #355
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
As has been correctly observed, they need us to validate them. I have zero desire to go on their board as I do not seek to change their minds about us. What a stupid and insecure thing to do.

I hope this is finally a good game. Of course, I'd like a nice 2-0 lead after the first (which is nowhere near safe - leafs have lots of fire power IMO), but an entertaining one would be great.

If the refs call chintzy stuff or are inconsistent, it will ruin everything, no matter who it affects. Please tell me it's not Chris Lee.

I wonder if we've gotten our PP together, cuz they have a very solid PK - a big source of success for them this year. Need to be more creative than PK launching bombs. Way too predictable.

People who need a goal:

Patches
Ryder
Pleky
DD (but if he creates goals for Patch or Gally, that's fine too). I want him to build off that pretty easy sweep in last game.

do it! (and then some)

Stop the leafs in the neutral zone and counter and try not to shoot Kadri in his well protected face in the first few minutes.

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
  #356
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
You seem to be taking a hockey game pretty seriously.Here in TO we joke about the Leafs/Habs rivalry and don't really care if someone is a Habs fan or not.They can still be your buddy.
What do you mean "here in TO"? I AM in TO and give me a break, people take it seriously. Of course I don't try to kill my friends. They ARE my friends, but when it comes to hockey, they are delusional ****** and I tell them so. I actually praise the leafs a lot. Leafs fans, not so much. Last time at the ACC, after we won, a leaf fan spazzed out and told me to "Go back to your own country." And by that he meant Quebec. So it DOES get chippy and I've dealt with a lot of bs from leaf fans (again, many times my good friends) with as much grace as possible, so all the camaraderie you speak of is a little weak. When did I say you can't be buddies??? My whole point is THAT my buddies, when they open their traps about the Leafs are like a live HF Leafs board.


Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-27-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: PM a board mod
habtastic is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:37 PM
  #357
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I thought it was hilarious. I especially enjoyed Markov
Thanks I'm glad to hear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
This guy wins.

I hope the habs just stick to their game plan.

I just went and got a DQ blizzard. I'm set, though it will be long gone before the game.



Alright guys, enjoy the game. Hoping that, regarldess of the outcome, we can all watch a fun, exciting game tonight!

HarrisonFord is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:38 PM
  #358
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by black charger View Post
Orr can actually contribute.Last game he was with Komarov and McClement and the line was very effective.
Georges Laraque played on our top line in the playoffs. Doesn't mean he deserves to be there consistently.

Though in Georges case he seemed to think so.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:42 PM
  #359
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
I will admit that in a few games, Orr actually has been worthy of playing on an actual line. If he played clean hockey that would be fine, but his cheap shotting and taking the game into the gutters is despicable considering he knows what it's like to be concusses. If he plays clean, he'll get more respect for the good things he does, though I think that's pretty much impossible.

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:42 PM
  #360
bdawg1989*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
Thanks I'm glad to hear it






Alright guys, enjoy the game. Hoping that, regarldess of the outcome, we can all watch a fun, exciting game tonight!
This guy right here is the only Leafs fan who should be allowed to post here. He's pretty chill, as much as it pains me to say it. Why do you root for taht team though ? You lost like 20 cool points.

bdawg1989* is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:45 PM
  #361
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
Thanks I'm glad to hear it






Alright guys, enjoy the game. Hoping that, regarldess of the outcome, we can all watch a fun, exciting game tonight!
You are happily welcome here. The rest of your fellas... nah

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:46 PM
  #362
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,946
vCash: 500
- This game is much less important than we think. Leafs are not a better team than anyone else we might face. They just have louder, more desperate fans.

- Would've liked to have seen Price tonight. He's the only guy who doesn't really need the rest. I don't get the strategy of playing Budaj, but it's not a deal-breaker.

- Pacioretty is due to get hot. I don't know where his laser wrist shot disappeared to. It'll be nice to introduce him to the playoffs and see what he does.

- Subban has been distracted and making tons of mental mistakes. He thrives on big games; unfortunately this isn't one of them. I think we'll only see the Norris version of Subban next week in the playoffs.

- Leafs will play a careful game, despite the ridiculous amount of hype. If they play their usual dirty style, they'll lose.

- I'll guess it'll be a low-scoring game, both teams conserving energy.

- Just peeked at the Leafs GDT - it's a daycare class of special-needs kids. Pathetic.

Lshap is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:50 PM
  #363
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg1989 View Post
This guy right here is the only Leafs fan who should be allowed to post here. He's pretty chill, as much as it pains me to say it. Why do you root for taht team though ? You lost like 20 cool points.
haha thanks man. I was born in Toronto, and if you are born there, it's hard to escape being a Leafs fan My gf is a Habs fan though

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
You are happily welcome here. The rest of your fellas... nah
haha it's going to be pretty interesting on these boards if we play each other in the first round. I just want the hockey to be exciting

HarrisonFord is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
  #364
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
- This game is much less important than we think. Leafs are not a better team than anyone else we might face. They just have louder, more desperate fans.

- Would've liked to have seen Price tonight. He's the only guy who doesn't really need the rest. I don't get the strategy of playing Budaj, but it's not a deal-breaker.

- Pacioretty is due to get hot. I don't know where his laser wrist shot disappeared to. It'll be nice to introduce him to the playoffs and see what he does.

- Subban has been distracted and making tons of mental mistakes. He thrives on big games; unfortunately this isn't one of them. I think we'll only see the Norris version of Subban next week in the playoffs.

- Leafs will play a careful game, despite the ridiculous amount of hype. If they play their usual dirty style, they'll lose.

- I'll guess it'll be a low-scoring game, both teams conserving energy.

- Just peeked at the Leafs GDT - it's a daycare class of special-needs kids. Pathetic.
Agree with everything except that this game isn't important (although you might have meant as a statement). I want to win the division. We have worked hard all year and I'd like to see this team get 2nd place in the conference. Also, I think Subban will have a very solid game tonight. Norris-worthy.

But yeah, all the other stuff you're saying is on the button. Scoring could be high even with conserved energy depending on goaltending, bounces, tips.

Bolded part is why this game is important to me, at least.

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
  #365
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"
 
yakfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Looking forward to a good game tonight boys. Its going to be fun to watch!

yakfish is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
  #366
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,337
vCash: 500
"It's an honour and a privilege to induct into the Hockey Hall of Fame, Dion Phaneuf. He once captained his team to 3 wins in 4 games against the Montreal Canadiens."
-Bobby Orr, 2020 HHOF Ceremony

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
  #367
PhilTheThrillKessel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Jets fans are awesome. Leafs fans, awful. Also, they didn't have a season ending performance. They were mathematically eliminated mid-game (when winning).
Being their last game of the year, that was their season ending performance. And everyone knows they were eliminated in the second period intermission (I was at the game), but giving a standing O after a pitiful 3rd period performance like that was funny.

If Leafs fans did that, your opinion would be totally different...you'd probably laugh at us if we cheered during a pathetic loss where the Leafs missed the playoffs.

PhilTheThrillKessel is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:52 PM
  #368
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
haha thanks man. I was born in Toronto, and if you are born there, it's hard to escape being a Leafs fan My gf is a Habs fan though
A lot of people born in, or near Montreal are fans of other teams out of spite.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:56 PM
  #369
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
"It's an honour and a privilege to induct into the Hockey Hall of Fame, Dion Phaneuf. He once captained his team to 3 wins in 4 games against the Montreal Canadiens."
-Bobby Orr, 2020 HHOF Ceremony
When you've been that pathetic for that long, you have to enjoy those moral victories

Anybody have that banner picture created by Lshap?

Bob Cole is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
  #370
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
A lot of people born in, or near Montreal are fans of other teams out of spite.

haha yeah there's a lot of those around Toronto too actually. I grew up watching the 90s-early 2000s Leafs teams (when they were successful ) so they got me

HarrisonFord is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:00 PM
  #371
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
No he's not. He wants to rest our number 1 goalie on the last game of the season in a game that frankly doesn't mean that much. Regardless of the result we still start the playoffs at home and regardless of the result we cannot clinch or lose the division.
Wrong, if we win tonight and Boston loses in regulations it's a clinch.

DO IT

Strik_IX is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:01 PM
  #372
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTheThrillKessel View Post
Being their last game of the year, that was their season ending performance. And everyone knows they were eliminated in the second period intermission (I was at the game), but giving a standing O after a pitiful 3rd period performance like that was funny.

If Leafs fans did that, your opinion would be totally different...you'd probably laugh at us if we cheered during a pathetic loss where the Leafs missed the playoffs.
It was their last game and they fought until the last period of the season, losing a bit of energy because they knew the season was over was very understandable.

Even the Habs got a standing O in their last game of the season despite being very last in the EC. Fans giving an ovation for their team in the last game is not something uncommon.

Rosso Scuderia is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:03 PM
  #373
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
"It's an honour and a privilege to induct into the Hockey Hall of Fame, Dion Phaneuf. He once captained his team to 3 wins in 4 games against the Montreal Canadiens."
-Bobby Orr, 2020 HHOF Ceremony
Lshap's banner and your post are the best things I've seen in this thread. Love it.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:03 PM
  #374
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Wrong, if we win tonight and Boston loses in regulations it's a clinch.

DO IT
Makes it more fun to watch tonight

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
  #375
Habsoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort mac
Country: Canada
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Leafs were successful in the 90s or 2000s?
When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
haha yeah there's a lot of those around Toronto too actually. I grew up watching the 90s-early 2000s Leafs teams (when they were successful ) so they got me

Habsoil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.