HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Posters of years past.....where did you go?

Old
04-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
great to see JohnnyV !

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
DOGSTARMAN

vCash: 500
You always end up leaving out names you really wish you hadn't, but a few others who wandered off the reservation and have not been mentioned (afaik): Wensink, DaBroons, bruinsmith.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
great to see JohnnyV !
johnnyV, the greatest "troll" of hab fans in the history of HF. vachon cakes!!

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
You always end up leaving out names you really wish you hadn't, but a few others who wandered off the reservation and have not been mentioned (afaik): Wensink, DaBroons, bruinsmith.
It's amazing seeing some of the old posters names mentioned that you haven't thought of in a long time. I really dug Wensink's posts. He was spot on most of the time...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:02 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
It's amazing seeing some of the old posters names mentioned that you haven't thought of in a long time. I really dug Wensink's posts. He was spot on most of the time...

Don't know if he was mentioned yet but there was a great --- very short term poster.

His screen name was either Don Marcotte Fan or Donnie Marcotte Fan.

Had a very interesting take on Bourque's trade to Colorado.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgood_38 View Post
This is like some kind of weird on-line reunion. It's like, Who's going to walk through that door next?
More like a royal rumble with surprise appearances.

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Duguay2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V View Post
WOW what amazing group of posters

Originally Posted by Duguay
Hey, just because he's an x-Bruin, doesn't make him a bad hockey player.
Don't let the Bruin-goggles cloud your vision. Sure, he was vastly overpaid by an idiot know-nothing, but to misrepresent his abilities to suit your own argument, will find rebuttal each and every time. Try not to let this oppressive bias cloud your better judgement. Take a breath, count to ten before your posts...take a vacation, relax.

(I'm starting to sound like my shrink sister)

I have the feeling that Wally or HG will say something along the lines of "I don't care who started it, I'm ending it." It's a shame that you didn't try to end it yourself by ignoring whatever insults were thrown your way in order to continue with the hockey discussion. Thick skin is needed on the internet.

Originally Posted by Backin72
That's your opinion, but not much happened in the playoffs, where it counted. Right?

And leave your condescending tone at the door, it's very unprofessional.

Mr. Pot take your issues with Mr. Kettle to PM...Gee Wally

VIVA LA VACHON CAKES.....

Wow, that was a lot of fun to look at. Thanks for that Lou, and Johnny!

Many of us have known each other since we were in our teens and twenties, and we have spilled many letters, verbs and exclaimation marks over the days.

We talk, these days, about how it is not like it used to be, and that my friends is very true. But that is always true, isn't it?

One difference of note is that despite the wild, intense debates we had, the threads always stayed on point. The knowledge was undeniable. Man, we were the modern day "net scribes" deligently sharing & debating the travails of our favourite thing in the whole World (at the time ) ....the Boston Bruins.

An adult life with a family to raise, and a career to manage..... has a way of changing some priorities doesn't it?

I miss some of the great sparring that used to go on. I had some real good tilts with Bruwinz (BJ), Nugs (Lawrence, don't call me Larrry), Ranald, Stock Rocks, JMiller and Kevin Paul Dupont.

After a while, you just don't anymore because 1/ you get to respect your opponents too much 2/ everyone else would just get in the way.

Wally & the Mods had a way of letting the game get played, just like a great ref would in the Playoffs, but wow that must have been tedious!

As much as Jeff from Maine would be the devils advocate, MDK the long winded mad scientist, the spend thrift ever-trading "Espo of a GM" in Taz, the crazy polls from Dojji....to me it was the enthusiasm of guys like Dan (DKH), Colt and Lou (Whammer) the debating skills of the aforementioned pugilists, and moreover the writing skills and intelligence, knowledge and former driving forces of the entire board Kirk Luedeke, Black Eye (Kevin) and Meister (Roger) who held it all together with sanity and rationale.

They helped balance out the insanity and It really was a great thing to be part of.

This was a Twittersphere in its own infancy.

More than anyone, I miss my old Winnipeg Media Pal, Terry Tomasi, who often backed me up in some of those old OK Corral donneybrooks. He was known as Backin 72, and he will always be my favourite. He's Hall of Fame.

You can't make mentions like these without missing some very important people and you all know who you are. Besides, there is a newer wave here and it is now their turn to mediate the sanity. I learn lots from LCII, OOG, Odaat, GloryDays, Neely, Ladyfan, Kovi and the likes.

Great talking hockey with you, and Go B's GO!!!!

Last edited by Duguay2: 04-27-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Duguay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Duguay2

and who could forget the comedy and irreverence of love him, or hate him....Don Cherry!

He challenged me to a scrap once, but he lives in Vermont and I in Toronto (at the time), so we couldn't get the sponsors to kick in for the flights & hotel.

Duguay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
More like a royal rumble with surprise appearances.
"Oh my! It couldn't be! Look who's coming down the tunnel, its the return of_______!"

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:36 AM
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken

holy shirts and pants Dojji. there's a name I haven't heard in awhile.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:50 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
Don't know if he was mentioned yet but there was a great --- very short term poster.

Hey Al I went to game last night with Gorsik. He knows him and can fill you in. He was telling me about him last night- real interesting. Not sure if you know Chris Gorski Aja Gorsik but since I know both of you I am certain you two would be fast friends so PM him about that guy I found it pretty cool

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:29 AM
MaineHockey1
Let The Season Begin

Send a message via AIM to MaineHockey1
Quote:
I just thought the same. Damn shame.
Hey Gee..... how did the snowblowing go this winter? Hope u had someone to help u with it.

It almost bought me a one way ticket to Ft Myers to live.

MaineHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:56 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Hey Al I went to game last night with Gorsik. He knows him and can fill you in. He was telling me about him last night- real interesting. Not sure if you know Chris Gorski Aja Gorsik but since I know both of you I am certain you two would be fast friends so PM him about that guy I found it pretty cool
Thanks. Kirk knows him well too and gave me an update.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:32 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

Quote:
great to see JohnnyV !
I will always 'heart' JohnnyV -

eightspokedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineHockey1 View Post
Hey Gee..... how did the snowblowing go this winter? Hope u had someone to help u with it.

It almost bought me a one way ticket to Ft Myers to live.
Hey Jay.

Busted my ass. We set a season record in Worcester area and it felt like it. Oldest boy is in college. Youngest boy will be going in 3 years. So, I told the Bride start thinking about where else she may want to live. At least get off this friggen hill and get a flat driveway.

Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay2 View Post
and who could forget the comedy and irreverence of love him, or hate him....Don Cherry!

He challenged me to a scrap once, but he lives in Vermont and I in Toronto (at the time), so we couldn't get the sponsors to kick in for the flights & hotel.
HA! That sounds real familar. I think he was a cabinet maker or a master craftsman. Don't know why I remember that, but I do recall 'SNICKER' and "PJ AXELSUCK'.

Tim O'Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post

That would be Ian (Wilson). I haven't kept up w/ Ian over the years, but I used to chat w/ him during the days when we were both members of the Bruins mailing list. He was (and is) the poster I've respected the most over the years. I believe Kirk used a quote of Ian's in his signature for a time (and possibly still does) relating to a fan's mettle being tested not during the good times, but the bad ones. Ian and Jim (Littlefield) put together a great fan site called "Boston Bruins Legends", which had a ton of information about Bruins players throughout the years.

(Another HF members who I initially knew thru the Bruins mailing list is Hockey Goddess.)

Spoked-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
bears watching

This was the first post I see a few days back when I viewed the website after years of being away from the board. I thought that was a sign I should figure out my username and log in.

I go back to about 2000 or 2001 as bears_watching , swamp thing and something like still a bruins fan. I recall the website crashing a few times and having to re-register.
I remember it being a big deal when a thread had 100 views for the first time.

Still down in Florida and always go to the games in Tampa when Boston is in town.
I had great seats for all 3 games for the ECF in 2011.

I do remember some of you, Taz's trade proposals, don cherry from Vermont, stock, dkh, Jeff from Maine, Gee Wally, Meister. I remember Gator Bruin fan is also somewhere in Florida.

bears watching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Rumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay2 View Post

Thanks You just made my day!

ROTFL I forgot all about that guy. He was/is a piece of work his moniker did him justice.

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote