HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Bieksa

Old
04-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
I can't speak on Connauton yet, but if you think trading Grabner for Ballard was a solid move, you are confused, or undervaluing good role players being part of key success for Cup wins. Grabner would be on the second line, and would also be a type of scorer that we are coveting on our team, after the first line.

We can't even trade Ballard to get a player like Grabs back on the team now....
No he wouldn't. Grabner was (and arguably still is) a one-dimensional shoot first player that had no chemistry with Kesler. We necessity strong two-way play in our system, which is why practically every forward on our roster not named Sedin can perform double duty. At the time, Grabner wasn't good enough to cut our roster and would have been claimed off waivers. Now, he wouldn't dislodge Higgins, who is frankly a better player.

The Ballard trade wasn't bad, nor was it good. Gillis misjudged how he'd fit into our system and AV seems to have a personal vendetta against him.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
No he wouldn't. Grabner was (and arguably still is) a one-dimensional shoot first player that had no chemistry with Kesler. We necessity strong two-way play in our system, which is why practically every forward on our roster not named Sedin can perform double duty. At the time, Grabner wasn't good enough to cut our roster and would have been claimed off waivers. Now, he wouldn't dislodge Higgins, who is frankly a better player.

The Ballard trade wasn't bad, nor was it good. Gillis misjudged how he'd fit into our system and AV seems to have a personal vendetta against him.

It was a bad deal. He was hurt when we traded for him and has never been healthy since...He probably slept with AVs wife or something judging from how much AV dislikes him. It was also a bad trade because based on how he's playing right now we would've just needed to trade Bernier for him and packaged Grabner with the 1st for something of value. It works out so basically if he had played like GMMG was hoping he would I.E a speedy top 4 PMD with a wicked hip check then we'd be laughing but unfortunately he has almost been outplayed by Cam "Norris" Barker this season and Aaron "Conn Smythe" Rome the lat few years.

It was GMMGs worst trade by far AINEC

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:41 AM
ginner classic

No trade and gillis won't ever ask him to waive it.

Lock it up.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 02:14 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
I can't speak on Connauton yet, but if you think trading Grabner for Ballard was a solid move, you are confused, or undervaluing good role players being part of key success for Cup wins. Grabner would be on the second line, and would also be a type of scorer that we are coveting on our team, after the first line.

We can't even trade Ballard to get a player like Grabs back on the team now....
Grabner couldn't even make the team, he was going to be lost to waivers because he had an atrocious training camp and couldn't earn a roster spot. Instead of losing him for nothing, Gillis flipped him for Ballard. Grabner was then placed on waivers and lost for nothing by the Panthers because he continued to be terrible. I didn't like giving up the first rounder either but let's not make Grabner out to be a player that would have a spot on a Cup contending team. I also might remind you that the Canucks were first in goals for the same season they moved Grabner.

I strongly disagree that Grabner is the type of player the Canucks are coveting right now.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
There would be 30 teams lined up to get Bieksa. The Canucks should be given credit for signing their D group to contracts that make them all valued assets.
That's just my point. It would have to be for a pretty massive return.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
It was a bad deal. He was hurt when we traded for him and has never been healthy since...He probably slept with AVs wife or something judging from how much AV dislikes him. It was also a bad trade because based on how he's playing right now we would've just needed to trade Bernier for him and packaged Grabner with the 1st for something of value. It works out so basically if he had played like GMMG was hoping he would I.E a speedy top 4 PMD with a wicked hip check then we'd be laughing but unfortunately he has almost been outplayed by Cam "Norris" Barker this season and Aaron "Conn Smythe" Rome the lat few years.

It was GMMGs worst trade by far AINEC
Again, Grabner was going to be claimed off waivers. He was essentially worthless to us after an awful showing. The first was of little consequence considering we were then a club on the rise and finished high. Sometimes trades do not pan out as predicted and Gillis had no way of presuming Ballard would falter to the extent he has - whether because of AV or Ballard's own ability or lack thereof.

In no scenario ever has Ballard been outplayed by Barker or Rome, especially the former, who on his best day isn't even AHL ready. While Ballard was not the best trade Gillis made, if that is the only stain on his resume we are pretty safe.

I echo what mrmyheadhurts said, Grabner would not be an impact player on our roster. And I use to be a huge fan of his.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

He is also a right handed D-man if I ain't mistaken.

Bieksa is the heart and soul of the team on t he back end, It's evident when he is our of the lineup. We lose games for w/e reason, he is also very physical, plays a Playoff style game, but is inconsistent.

He has actually gotten better over the years, topping during that cup run, but in no way has he been bad since then either.

IMO if you trade him this offseason, you are looking at a 1st + 70+ point forward as a package.

If the canucks go into a rebuild phase in the future, He will command at least a 1st + top prospect at the deadline.

Not everyday a 40 point physical right handed D-man becomes available.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Hockeygirl95*

Quote:
Again, Grabner was going to be claimed off waivers. He was essentially worthless to us after an awful showing. The first was of little consequence considering we were then a club on the rise and finished high. Sometimes trades do not pan out as predicted and Gillis had no way of presuming Ballard would falter to the extent he has - whether because of AV or Ballard's own ability or lack thereof.

In no scenario ever has Ballard been outplayed by Barker or Rome, especially the former, who on his best day isn't even AHL ready. While Ballard was not the best trade Gillis made, if that is the only stain on his resume we are pretty safe.

I echo what mrmyheadhurts said, Grabner would not be an impact player on our roster. And I use to be a huge fan of his.
nah, youre just trying to justify the garbage return the Canucks got.

Hockeygirl95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl95 View Post
Guess that means Grabner was a huge boost to Florida's offense? No? He sucked there too? Funny. And he's supposedly the solution to Vancouver's top six winger needs. Interesting.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:40 PM
sully1410

Burmistrov + 2 2nd's

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:44 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl95 View Post
it was a bad trade, but not because of Grabner, cause we gave up our pick for Ballard who never secured a top 4 role here

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Burmistrov + 2 2nd's
This offer had my head turned and full attention.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:

You disappoint me, you usually seem fairly reasonable, I didn't think of you as a Gillis apologist. It was a bad deal, hell anyone can even see it through rose coloured glasses
Grabner had value, not massive value but nonetheless had some plus the first would've returned much more than Ballard and for the record I was against the trade when it first went down not just now, I was visiting inlaws in SJ and dropped a fbomb in the middle of his business condo.

Also Grabner was waived by FLA but that's on them not us and has no bearing or relavent on this conversation.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Karter

I find this thread offensive.

Karter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:00 PM
bloggerfanthe*

Kadri and Gardiner for Bieska? What a minute...........hahahahaha and hahahaha

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Some really nice offers in this thread IMO. I feel like Bieksa being overrated in this thread by my fellow 'Nucks fans. If Bieksa keeps playing like Casual Kev, I'd consider some offers in this thread.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobie604 View Post
Beiksa and Kassian for Yandle and Hanzal
Deal X1000. Bieksa and Kassian are two of my favorites but this trade is ideal for the Canucks.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Raymond(If retained)
XXX-Hanzal-Hansen
Torres-Lapierre-Weise

Edler-Yandle
Hamhuis-Tanev
Garrison-Corrado

Schneider
Lack

I don't know if it works cap wise. But looks solid.

Old
04-27-2013, 05:27 PM
roach9

Bieksa / Kassian
Yandle / Hanzal

Tough to pull the trigger on... but I would do it.
Match our needs pretty closely.

EDIT: We'd be eating about 3 mil in extra salary, so we'll have to capdump somewhere.
Hanzal has a fantastic cap rate through 2016-2017 (3.25 mil).
Yandle is at 5.25 for the next 5 years.

Fair caphits all around.

roach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:33 PM
ginovegas

Gorges, a second and a prospect. Maybe Ellis or Dietz?

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Not even close.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Eller+ or Pacioretty or no deal.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:

You disappoint me, you usually seem fairly reasonable, I didn't think of you as a Gillis apologist. It was a bad deal, hell anyone can even see it through rose coloured glasses
Grabner had value, not massive value but nonetheless had some plus the first would've returned much more than Ballard and for the record I was against the trade when it first went down not just now, I was visiting inlaws in SJ and dropped a fbomb in the middle of his business condo.

Also Grabner was waived by FLA but that's on them not us and has no bearing or relavent on this conversation.
Way to be Captain Hindsight. Was it a bad deal at the time? You should have given MG your crystal ball cause at the time it made a ton of sense, was a need and was a solid deal.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Way to be Captain Hindsight. Was it a bad deal at the time? You should have given MG your crystal ball cause at the time it made a ton of sense, was a need and was a solid deal.
Quote:

Way to go Mr. reading comprehension

Old
04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Way to go Mr. reading comprehension
Lol nice.

What was so bad about it? That we got a dire need?

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Lol nice.

What was so bad about it? That we got a dire need?
I thought at the time it was huge overpayment especially when you look at the Dmen becoming UFA that season, and I was of the mind that if used correctly and with a coach that would be on his ass like a drill Sargent he could be a nice complimentary player assuming him and Kesler could work some chemistry plus I remember him being decent when he was with the big club before he broke his ankle playing soccer pregame

Edit: I also thought we would've been better off including Raymond than Grabner in that trade even if we moved Grabner in a seperate deal