HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs. Rangers, 3pm, NBC

Old
04-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

vCash: 500
Chere is grade a trash. To hell with him and this worthless joke of a season. 48 games of bull ****. Worst thing to come out of this is that I honestly think less of our first cup after this ordeal. I know that's not going to be popular around here, but this type of season is a joke. It can't be avoided. There is no integrity in a season like this. Just the way I feel. Was too young in 95 to give a **** about how lame missing half the season really is.

Sir Fenwick Corsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

It's done. Good. We all know who we want gone. We know who we want back. Get it done Lou.

Well barring any news or the wild missing the playoffs tonight ill see everyone at the lottery. Hope we troll again.

Mostly I hope we can have fun on here again next year. What a dismal depressing season on what is the most fun board on HF.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
It's done. Good. We all know who we want gone. We know who we want back. Get it done Lou.

Well barring any news or the wild missing the playoffs tonight ill see everyone at the lottery. Hope we troll again.

Mostly I hope we can have fun on here again next year. What a dismal depressing season on what is the most fun board on HF.
Come on Eddy don't tell me you're packing up for the Summer again like last year man!

I miss a lot of you guys during the offseason. In an E-hetero way that is.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:40 PM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

vCash: 1120
It's been fun folks. See you in October. I'm outta here.

theking72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Chere is grade a trash. To hell with him and this worthless joke of a season. 48 games of bull ****. Worst thing to come out of this is that I honestly think less of our first cup after this ordeal. I know that's not going to be popular around here, but this type of season is a joke. It can't be avoided. There is no integrity in a season like this. Just the way I feel. Was too young in 95 to give a **** about how lame missing half the season really is.
I had no problem with it the first time, but it's a kick in the nuts happening twice. Not to mention the whole season getting axed just 7 years ago. It's easier to swallo missing the playoffs in a 48 game season.

Maybe we show up to play today if it's a 52 game season. Today's effort was what we usually look like against the NYI.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I had no problem with it the first time, but it's a kick in the nuts happening twice. Not to mention the whole season getting axed just 7 years ago. It's easier to swallo missing the playoffs in a 48 game season.

Maybe we show up to play today if it's a 52 game season. Today's effort was what we usually look like against the NYI.
I couldn't catch the game today,thankfully, first one of the year. But its clear they didn't show up. Whatever. I'm just super bitter with everything NHL related. This abortion season was literally a waste of time. Twenty years of watching the league and I can honestly say I never felt this way. Fed up is a good way to describe it. I just don't know what to make of any of this.

Old
04-27-2013, 06:51 PM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
When is draft lottery,Monday nite?
Yup At 8pm

EliasFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 12m
Would David Ckarkson sign with Rangers? "No comment there. I'm not going to touch on that."
Would the Rags be that foolish to sign him?

Chere has morphed into a mental midget.

Devils Dominion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
I couldn't catch the game today,thankfully, first one of the year. But its clear they didn't show up. Whatever. I'm just super bitter with everything NHL related. This abortion season was literally a waste of time. Twenty years of watching the league and I can honestly say I never felt this way. Fed up is a good way to describe it. I just don't know what to make of any of this.
I forgot about the lockout or at least put it in the back of my mind. Now with the Devils being out I'll have more time to reflect on how much of a joke the lockout was.

Speaking of lockout, and union jokers I meant to say this about Clarkson the other night. Clarkson is one of those big union guys. He spoke so fondly of Don Fehr, and the PA during the lockout, and he's the Devils NHLPA representative. Most of these guys are the ''Maximize my potential'' players. Not saying most players aren't, but those union guys almost always are with not many exceptions. They're the ones who lambasted Marty for the friendly deal he signed in 06. They very rarely will take discounts.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

Chere needs to retire already. Gulitti owns him in every way. He's a cheap writer.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I forgot about the lockout or at least put it in the back of my mind. Now with the Devils being out I'll have more time to reflect on how much of a joke the lockout was.

Speaking of lockout, and union jokers I meant to say this about Clarkson the other night. Clarkson is one of those big union guys. He spoke so fondly of Don Fehr, and the PA during the lockout, and he's the Devils NHLPA representative. Most of these guys are the ''Maximize my potential'' players. Not saying most players aren't, but those union guys almost always are with not many exceptions. They're the ones who lambasted Marty for the friendly deal he signed in 06. They very rarely will take discounts.
Clarkson can take a walk. I would have no problem with the devils paying him top dollar but he is not serious about being a complete hockey player. I just don't see it. He has a unique skill set but its c long shot that he maximizes it. Too often you see him flopping around or looking at the officials. When he is odd his game there are few worse. An incredibly frustrating player to say the least.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Clarkson can take a walk. I would have no problem with the devils paying him top dollar but he is not serious about being a complete hockey player. I just don't see it. He has a unique skill set but its c long shot that he maximizes it. Too often you see him flopping around or looking at the officials. When he is odd his game there are few worse. An incredibly frustrating player to say the least.
I agree on Clarkson. I really would like him back though, but not for that many million. No way does he deserve anywhere near $5 million, and his production the last 4 months could replaced by someone else. I mean in what world is a player like Clarkson worth anywhere near that much money? He's not even a proven 20 goal scorer.

Wouldn't mind Clarke MacArthur, and I think he won't re sign with the Leafs if they get Clarkson. Top 6 forward though is what we need first and foremost. MacArthur isn't really one of those either.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-27-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: flame
Old
04-27-2013, 07:16 PM
zelrio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Would the Rags be that foolish to sign him?

Chere has morphed into a mental midget.
As far as I know, the Rangers aren't in the market for waiver garbage.

zelrio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Awful lot of Ranger fans comin through these parts today. Looks like I picked a good day to not give a crap about this game and watch the draft and Bulls/Nets.

I don't like Clarkson but calling him waiver garbage pretty much sums up the amount hockey knowledge or lack there of most Ranger fans have. God what a pathetic fanbase but I guess when you win as many cups as they've had recently you have the write to talk crap about other teams.... oh wait

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:27 PM
zelrio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
Awful lot of Ranger fans comin through these parts today. Looks like I picked a good day to not give a crap about this game and watch the draft and Bulls/Nets.

I don't like Clarkson but calling him waiver garbage pretty much sums up the amount hockey knowledge or lack there of most Ranger fans have. God what a pathetic fanbase but I guess when you win as many cups as they've had recently you have the write to talk crap about other teams.... oh wait
Calm down; I was merely being objective. Clarkson is a poor man's Avery, and that's being very generous.

zelrio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfSeanAvery View Post
Calm down; I was merely being objective. Clarkson is a poor man's Avery, and that's being very generous.
Or a RICH man's Avery, considering the numbers that have been thrown around for him.

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Avery scored 90 goals IN HIS CAREER.

Clarkson scored 30.. last year.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Come back anytime, bring your friends!

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dialamo
Nu Joyzee Dovals

Quote:
Is Avery playing in the NHL at the moment? What are his NHL stats like this season?

Dialamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post

To be fair, we have our share of idiot fans, too. But for a team that has had very little to brag about lo these past 70+ years, their fans sure do a lot of bragging.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:32 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
To be fair, we have our share of idiot fans, too. But for a team that has had very little to brag about lo these past 70+ years, their fans sure do a lot of bragging.
Regular season elimination >>>>> ECF elimination.

1994 >>>>> 1995, 2000, 2003

easy

Old
04-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
lol @ Sean Avery being better than Clarkson. OKAY! I've heard it all now.

Status Quo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Umm........WHAT ?

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:35 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

My personal favorite is:

"It's hilarious how much Devils fans hate us, I mean we don't hate them nearly as much.. They hate us more than they like the Devils"

Then you go into their GDT, their trade proposal thread, their out of town scoreboard and their off-topic thread and all you see is comments about the Devils. Marty especially! But he's just an average goalie ya know.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Regular season elimination >>>>> ECF elimination.

1994 >>>>> 1995, 2000, 2003

easy
And their royal goaltender, who's made it out of the first round only 3 times in his life, and is already 31 years old. He'd better start winning some big games pretty soon or his legacy will be a great stat compiler (rather than a good hardware compiler).