HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

As The New Year Arrives...

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2003, 11:55 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 500
As The New Year Arrives...

- the Devils are getting players back (Stevenson, Langenbrunner soon)
- Parise is making Lou look good once again
- the Devils are in a mini-slump, but still in a very good position to take 1st in the EC

As for myself, I'll be entering 6th semester (third year) in college (almost done ). It should be a busy one with the Techinical Report (+ 50 pages of writing, research, analysis, ), but at least it won't be 28 hours/week of classes.

Remember, every year I've graduated from school, our Devils have gone on to win the Cup. (Hope I make it!)

Happy New Year to all!

Old
12-31-2003, 12:00 PM
Missionhockey

vCash: 500
I have two New Year Resolutions. Get my driving permit
(turned 16 back in november but haven't scheduled lessons till now) and get a life (thats not looking to great right now)

Good luck getting out of school. I'm in for at least two more years

Old
12-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
I read the Devils hadn't been able to practice for like 2 straight weeks with the crazy travel schedule they had at the end of this month. Not to discredit the strong forechecking and smart dump ins away from Brodeur the Islanders did against us the last 3 games, but I think that lack of practice time really reared its ugly head in the slow first periods we've seen against the Isles most notably. Its clear the Isles have been studying game tapes of Brodeur as they have exploited his side to side weakness with 3 goals all starting from plays behind the Devils net and in the last game they soundly took away his puck handling advantages. Madden was sick of seeing the same team over and over again in 2 weeks time which was somewhat different from what guys like Stevens and Brodeur were saying regarding not having problems with playing the Flyers so many times throughout preseason.

All I know is this:

1) The Devils can't get Jamie Langenbrunner back into this lineup soon enough.
2) NJDB, you have to stay in school for the rest of your life and make a point of graduating every year you can. We might have to play the game of semantics a bit regarding what really constitutes actual "graduating" though. I do submit that we should take up a collection and see if we can enroll you in some inexpensive continuing education classes for retirees to keep the cup runneth overs in full swing. Just think, free high speed internet access where you can stay up all hours of the night playing pc games online and you can download the nudies lickety split until your eyeballs roll out of your head.

Last edited by Unthinkable: 12-31-2003 at 12:16 PM.

Closed Thread